PDA

View Full Version : who listens to hip hop/rap?

keoko
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
before i get a bunch of angry responses from those who dispise rap... can i say one thing? dont say stuff so irrational that the thread must be closed. i listen to all types of music the veriety is fun so i dont think id start lashing out on your music genre.

anyway the hip hop culture is impacting us all deny it or not. whos your favorite rapper? or whos the only rapper youd bother to listen to? my favs are probably kanye west, TI, jeezy, and the notorious BIG.:closedeye

Hitsugaya389
07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I love hip hop and rap... I usually don't listen to it, but i still think it's kool

My fave are:
T.I. and T-Pain

Ryth
07-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I like rap. I prefer many other styles over it, but I do enjoy the genre. However, I cannot enjoy what mainstream rap is, monotonous and immature lyrics recycled over and over again. I do greatly enjoy the likes of Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, and Dälek.

Jose
07-09-2007, 06:59 PM
raps okay but most people i know don't like it wonder why?

Tsuna Kadiri
07-10-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm a fan of The Procussions. I also like The Roots, and Common. And I LOVED The White Rapper Show on Vh1. I don't care if it was cheesy and had no street cred; I loved it!

keoko
07-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm a fan of The Procussions. I also like The Roots, and Common. And I LOVED The White Rapper Show on Vh1. I don't care if it was cheesy and had no street cred; I loved it!

i loved the white rapper show too it wasnt bad Shamrock was really good at it. Commons pretty cool he's from my home town and all.:laugh:

keoko
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
oh yeah i heard this new song by kanye, Stronger. http://videocodezone.com/videos/k/kanye_west/stronger.html

Korobi
07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Rap, not so much but hip/hop; definitely. I do listen to some rappers though (Kanye, Sean Paul, Sean Kingston).

LeTombassador
07-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I did listen a lot of rap back in the days, mostly rock/punk nowadays tho, but there are still some cypress hill albums spinning on my player

Judith
07-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I listen to hip-hop and rap but a lot of the artist are annoying. The newer ones are. The guy T-pain did a song with, Shortie i believe, annoys the crap out of him. I don't see how people can listen to a song but not to what the person is saying.

He is saying some screwed up crap. Oh i taught her how to talk to me. What in the world?

If i do listen, i go pretty far back to like Dr. Dre.

Zoga
07-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Sombody liste to japanese Rap / J-Rap?

It is not bad, especially Rapper Zeebra (he sounds like DMX).

keoko
07-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Sombody liste to japanese Rap / J-Rap?

It is not bad, especially Rapper Zeebra (he sounds like DMX).

thats hard to beleive somehow... but ill look him up!

Zoga
07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
thats hard to beleive somehow... but ill look him up!

Here is an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7GGhB-Al-Y

its the first rapper :cool:

555slipknot666
07-17-2007, 09:20 AM
*lil whyte* hes th s***

Buruku
07-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Here is an example

its the first rapper :cool:

0_0 FTW?

Do my eyes deceive me? We can embed videos now??

Anyway, I do listen to rap. Its a bunch of vulgar uneducated people rapping about ho's, grills, ice and bling, being rich, being poor, drugs, violence etc etc. I mostly listen to it when I'm with my friends in the car, or if I want to dance or whatever, I don't really know why I'm drawn to it. Must be the black in me.

Darc Satos
07-17-2007, 01:27 PM
i dont really listen to rap but i do like ICP ^_^ there awsome

Ryth
07-17-2007, 02:53 PM
i dont really listen to rap but i do like ICP ^_^ there awsome

Lulz ICP. I detect massive fail.

Azel
07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I will listen to rap but it has to be somewhat catchy and not containing "Shot this ****" or "Beat this **** with a bat" or "Gotta lotta M0NEY$$$" or "My RIMZZZZ s0 sh!ny". Basically what majority of rap lyrics are (Violence/Money/Cars/Girls), sorry to say.

Ari_86
07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I will listen to rap but it has to be somewhat catchy and not containing "Shot this ****" or "Beat this **** with a bat" or "Gotta lotta M0NEY$$$" or "My RIMZZZZ s0 sh!ny". Basically what majority of rap lyrics are (Violence/Money/Cars/Girls), sorry to say.

i agree, ill listen to rap too but i dont like it to much anymore at all, i jut dont like the way it talks about wemon. im ok with money or violence or cars but i dont like the disgrace agianst wemon. Dont like hearing them called all the names in the book, in a stupid song. Its just wrong. But thats my opinion. So others probly think diffrently.

Aleyna
07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
haha gotta agree, ZEEBRA resembles DMX alot to me
i listen to hip hop, but more preferably reggae
my favorite music artist would be Fabolous and my favorite group would have to be Bone-Thugz-N-Harmony for main stream rap
i don't really listen to that much main stream, or "media rap" anymore
i prefer my reggae and underground hip hop

♥Ichigo♥
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
i really like rap and hip-hop, mostly Eminem, LZ7, Gorrilaz, Linkin Park and Dr Dre
but i do like everything else though! (exept metal-:banghead: nasty!) sorry if anyone does like it, thats just my opinion. Please don't eat me!! :slurp:

tddawg
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
yea i luv rap my favorite artists are T.I. and Ludacris Big things poppin is awesome and so is Put it in reverse

kenny_killer
07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Rap is the piercing that holds societies a+(sx2) cheeks together

♥Ichigo♥
07-24-2007, 10:48 PM
now that sounds weird! why on all earths would you want to hold society together with cheeks?? hands would be a lot better.

Knightmare
07-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Hes speaking of butt cheaks Ichigo

Oh and the only rapper group(whatever) I like is Insane Clown Posse because there hilarious and there songs are different then 95% of other rappers song.

splark23
08-02-2007, 02:38 AM
i think that the best rappers around at the moment are eminem, mike shindona (from linkin park), dr dre amd p diddy. eminem is my fave though

keoko
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
i really like rap and hip-hop, mostly Eminem, LZ7, Gorrilaz, Linkin Park and Dr Dre
but i do like everything else though! (exept metal-:banghead: nasty!) sorry if anyone does like it, thats just my opinion. Please don't eat me!! :slurp:
i dont know who LZ7 is but i know who everyone else is whom your talking about. linkin park and fall out boy are probably the only rock bands i really listen to. i dont care though as long as its a good song and its catchy. i have random bands and singers on my ipod that came out wiht songs i really liked. saying eminem and mike shindona are the best rappers is a little.... well what im saying is that there not the best rappers. eminem is really good but people dont know much about mike. they did a chart of the top 10 and kanye west was in 5th! yay! common was in there too.

Jdmk
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, i listen to rap or hip-hop, i like Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, T.I., Kanye West, True Life, Memphis Bleeck, ect. But if you like Kanye West and Daft Punk like i do, you should look up for their new Stronger remix song...is so freaking HOT...

keoko
08-10-2007, 07:25 PM
yeah! i posted that link on video code zone on the first page it was so unexspected when i saw it! i rather listen to it with the video though.

.Lovebeat
08-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I rarely listen to rap/hip hop but there's a few songs that I might listen to if they get stuck on my head. I've always made fun of some rappers when they're on MTV but... meh. I just think that every rapper is so stereotype o.O With that, I mean that they mostly only sing about hot chicks, drugs, the hood, etc etc... yeah you probably know what I'm talking about.

I'm a fan of Pharell Williams though. ><;;