PDA

View Full Version : Words you send...

Tetsanosuke
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Do you have a loved one or a friend who's far away? Whether it's just out of moving or joining the army to fight in Iraq, do you have someone you can't always talk face to face or IM to IM?

Well if you do then who? And what are the words you know will always reach them? (Or the words you would want to reach them?)

Well, my first friend James and I have been out of contact for 3 years and I miss him because he was a great influence on me in my younger life.

-------------------------------

If you can somehow receive these words man, please know I miss hanging out with you and I hope you aren't getting into too much trouble. Either way you know where I live, i haven't moved. Only the phone numbers changed.

Be safe/

--------------------------------

keezy.
07-08-2007, 04:45 PM
i can't talk to my friend Amy bcuz her house caught on fire (by an evil carebear :sweatdrop), i hardly ever talk to her anymore :-( i miss her and when i do talk to her it's face-to-face but that's bcuz her dad sometimes works on their house, it'll be repaired in a year but even then she might not move back :unsure:

Click here
07-08-2007, 05:02 PM
i'd just say goodluck lol

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey, click here, don't be mean like that!

My close friends. Specifically, Kristie Jane, Carmella, Bianca, Iris, and my other classmates. I don't know what to say to them, but...Right now, I'm happier, because I could write letters, text them, e mail, and my mom sometimes lets them call me. Haven't seen them in one year.

Click here
07-08-2007, 06:31 PM
i was talking about my friends, not yours.. my friends are what you call the second version of wildboys they do stupiud pranks and get themselve in trouble, they put roaches and all sorts of bugs on me while im sleeping, i hate those idiots :(

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-08-2007, 06:41 PM
oh. sorry. wow, that's awefull.

Buruku
07-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Well my brothers going to the Navy this month, I wont be able to see him before he leaves and I may not see him for 2 more years, or at least thats what he's telling me.

And I don't get to see my boyfriend unless I'm out visiting him. I guess if I move to NY next year I'll be away from all my friends and family too.

Antares
07-08-2007, 09:19 PM
My bestfriend lives in Argentina, and it doesn't matter that we talk almost every day over msn or one random sunday one calls the other... I always feel bad when something bad happens to her and I'm not by her side.

Alicaryn Silentread
07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Heh. Well, I do too. My best friend moved to Indiana (I live in TN) to go back home, and I barely talk to her. Only when she calls or I see her on Myspace.

Then there's my boyfriend, Kain. He lives a state away and I don't get to see him but once or twice a month, three times if I'm lucky. ^^;

But just being there as much as you can, talking as much as you can, still being a part of their lives mentally and emotionally when you can't be there physically is a way to start when it comes to distance like this. That's my opinion anyway.

And I have a long lost friend that I've not talked to in 5 years that has recently contacted me. I'm hoping to get in touch with her and amend the past mistakes we made before she moved away as well. We all have to have hope, right?

Dengaku
07-08-2007, 10:53 PM
I have a really good friend in Finland, but apparently they're going through a depression, so my letters can't reach him, and I can't talk to him on the internet anymore. ;_;

zyronet
07-09-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't have any personal close friends thats' far from me. But next year a really close friend of mine is going away, due to her dad's work. AF [she's a member here.] and yahoo would be the ways to stay in touch.

Faceless111
07-09-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm in that exact same situation, actually. And all I said to my best friend so far was, "Sup." All I got back in return was, "Not much. Just chilling." And that's that.

DaSOCOM
07-09-2007, 05:55 AM
The wonderful thing about being in the military: You will meet people you will probably never forget. It's also part of the bad thing : Eventually you will get seperated from those people.

I've got a lot of friends that I've either had to leave behind, they had to go off somewhere, or we just plain grew apart. And some of them can really play with your mind, if you let your thoughts get out of hand.

For instance, I met Nadine when I was in AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA. She was a Prior Service student, whereas I was an Initial Entry Trainee. That boils down to the fact that by regulation you have no relationships/friendships/etc between the two. But by a wierd coincidence we became friends, and eventually (after I left Ft. Gordon) started REALLY talking to each other. This went on even after I was in Hawaii and she was still back on the mainland.

But one day she calls me in tears, telling me that she was getting deployed. She was a National Gaurd troop and they were sending her to a unit in a completely different state to deploy with (yes, it happens regularly and yes, it sucks). Well I did my best to calm her down and give her some extra confidence about it, you know. But all that didn't change the fact that on November 19, 2006 I got an email she sent to a bunch of folks saying that they were leaving on the 30th for Iraq. Yeah, the stuff got real to me quick.

But all of a sudden one night, November 2007, using the internet as I'm sitting in Iraq myself, I see Nadine's name pop up on my Yahoo Messenger. WTFH?!?!?! In a span of about 3 weeks I talked to her for about a grand total of 10 minutes (timing issues), and I haven't heard from her since. And this rabbit hole goes deeper than what I've told you, I'm sparing you folks the drama.

But I guess my point is that people are always going to be coming and leaving. Sometimes it's for the good, sometimes it's for the bad, and sometimes you're just not sure which. But what can you do, huh?

Peace,
DaSOCOM

Kiss of Death
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
i... miss my Angel... come back to me... i feel so bad that i'm not next to her now...

Hitsugaya389
07-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I always have someone away... my bf. He's never here...

ben01
07-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I miss her and take care of herself alwayz

*~Lily_Gemini~*
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
um theres alot of people i dont talk to often, but when i do im really happy, and i would tell them to be safe and if they ever need me im here for them

Guza
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
...im in the desert right now, horrable place, and remember theyll be back reguardless

Wicked Pleasures
07-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, there are so many people I've lost touch with, like my friends from middle school. I'd tell them I miss them and they can call whenever.

There's also my dad, who I haven't seen for a while. I'd tell him I miss him and I would never let anyone else take his place because there's no one in the world who could ever hope to replace him.

Variados
07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
my words will be
I am a friend that will always be there

Clawdia
07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I have two siblings who live overseas with families of their own. One's my brother, who lives in Indonesia with his wife (and unborn child), and the others my sister who lives in Saudi Arabia with her husband and eight children. (I know!)

It's not often that we can contact them, but when we do, I always try to let them know I miss and think of them. Sometimes it's weird and hard sending those words into cyber-space or through telephone lines, but somehow I do tell them, and I hope it makes them happy.