PDA

View Full Version : THAT GAME SUCKED! (Worst Game Ever)

Saiyan Destroyer
07-04-2007, 10:16 PM
We all know we play those stinkers and we're like "WTF!? I demand the money and time I've wasted on this back and now." For me, worst game ever is Banjo Tooie, Any Odyessy (Abes world, Munches world, etc), Cool World, ANY MOVIE-GAMES. But one is standing pretty high in my mind is Defiance.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Legacy of Kain Series. But the games had been building up such a freaking incredible story and such incredible game play. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was a sleeper hit for it's time. I don't think there's a single person here who hasn't played Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver or Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2. Blood Omen had built Kain up to be a near unstoppable force with little to no remorse for humans. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 built Kain more in showing he has some of his human emotions left, but clearly doesn't care for the well being of allies and brothers in arms. Soul Reaver should Raziel as a weapon of Death and Destruction, mercilessly killing vampires to free their torchured souls, along with the occational human or two. Soul Reaver 2 gave Raziel back his humanity destroying any creditablity he had. Defiance had turned a merciless killing machine Kain in to a puddle of sausage. Sure you can still kill humans left and right, but he breaks character at the end not only just stabbing (without any form of retribution) one of his enemies and shows his weaker "human" side showing feelings loss and pain.

I feel Legacy of Kain: Defiance being the game that dropped the ball to what could have been a one wild ride of an ending. Instead they end it at an TO BE CONTINUED... and have no plans for ending it. Great series that got turned into a freaking Soap Opera.

EDIT: To however wrote this because they saw my name and decided to disrespect the dead

"I dont like chris benoit the idiot killed his wife, so therfore you suck."

I'd tell you what to suck, but this is a kids site. Have a spine and leave your name wussy.

unspun
07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
I think that with most stories of vampirism, they usually find some sort of solace in pain, knowing they are forever in existence and alone indefinitely, but I never played defiance, so I don't know.

The worst game for me was Magna Carta. I still haven't finished it. Story line was OK, but the gameplay SUCKED ARSE. I mean, one of the best characteristics of a good RPG is the fact that you can train to become stronger, WHEN YOU WANT, not WHEN THEY WANT.

bah.

king_booze
07-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Killer 7, EW rail based system bad controls weird as ****! I HATED IT! AHH!

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-04-2007, 11:19 PM
I would have to go with ET (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_game)

Tempest Wind
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Lol, who ever thinks ET is good needs mental help, and their gamer status revoked....

Worst game for me is Naruto:Clash of Ninja. You can pretty much beat anything by just pressing B again and again. Pretty much no challenge, or worth spending time on.

There was another worse game for me, but I cant remember the title at the moment.

Zeta_Stryker
07-05-2007, 02:56 AM
The weapons system in FFVIII really sucked. You couldn't get the weapons by normal means of buying them. But you'd have to find the items+collect the required weapons monthly magazine+have the required gil to make the purchase.

Not only that, but the monsters also leveled up as you. So to make it difficult.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-05-2007, 03:35 AM
As nice as teh Monster system was, it also did suck. Final Fantasy X had a point where it got INCREDIBLY difficult for aboslutely no reason.

Storm Strife
07-05-2007, 07:25 AM
I consider one of the worst to be Monkey Hero. The second I completed it, I took it to a game store as good as new.

Another game I consider to be bad is Syndicate Wars for the PS1. I have no idea what the other versions are like, but the gameplay changed a little too much from the original, and I found it hard to enjoy because of that.

Rem
07-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Heavy Nova

Hitsugaya389
07-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I hated that game. I hated it when i heard about it. I hated it when i saw it. ect. It was lame.

The Game: FFX-2

Jose
07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I hated that game. I hated it when i heard about it. I hated it when i saw it. ect. It was lame.

The Game: FFX-2

yup ur totally right FFX-2 was a letdown

Tempest Wind
07-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I didnt even finish X. The disc I had rented was scratched up, and it only ran until Evrai

Kuga
07-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Resident Evil: Dead Aim... I'm a big fan of the RE series, but this one.. is the absolutely the worst one I've played out of the RE games I've played.

Constantine - it just sucks, period.

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - graphics & control = BLEH.

bakakame
07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Luckily I usually don't spend money buying games I hate, I rent them. Even so, game I spent money on and thought they sucked:

Katamari Demacy
Dead Rising
Grand Theft Auto (I know, how can anyone hate this game? Well, I found a way)
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil
Max Payne and Task Force 121 (both game me motion sickness)

Games I didn't spend money on but hated all the same:

Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Crash Bandacoot (I can't remember if I liked or hated this one, I'll rank it as a hate)
Paper Mario
some Jurassic Park game for SNES
Doom and Wolfenstien (They also game me motion sickness)

I can't remember many others that well.

Jose
07-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Resident Evil: Dead Aim... I'm a big fan of the RE series, but this one.. is the absolutely the worst one I've played out of the RE games I've played.

Constantine - it just sucks, period.

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - graphics & control = BLEH.

Ur right played RE:DA once but i didn't like it at all

Tempest Wind
07-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Is Dead Aim that one that was a First-Person Shooter?

Digital : Deffect
07-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I own both FFx & X-2. I still haven't beaten X & I beat X-2.

X = I can't freaking beat it.
X-2 = MAJOR let down. It was all on like, one low wave, wheres X was on low, high, medium, ect.

Onimusha Blaid Warriors. I own it & HATE it. Controls = crap!

Jose
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I own both FFx & X-2. I still haven't beaten X & I beat X-2.

X = I can't freaking beat it.
X-2 = MAJOR let down. It was all on like, one low wave, wheres X was on low, high, medium, ect.

Onimusha Blaid Warriors. I own it & HATE it. Controls = crap!

FFX need help pm me and FFX-2 just give it a bad game don't waste ur time

Gouki
07-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Ok Here is a list of bad games
FFX (Beat it Ending was a majer let down)
FFX2(Far to easy and story line was just crap)
FFXII (To darn hard)
Shadow the hedgehog (A big wast of money)
Quake 4 (Way to hard even with cheats)
and thats my List

animesaint
07-07-2007, 01:34 AM
For me, it was...early sports games...
The pictures were hella blotched and the movement was not smooth, it was rough.
Gameday, Madden, NBA games and such.

king_booze
07-07-2007, 04:04 AM
Luckily I usually don't spend money buying games I hate, I rent them. Even so, game I spent money on and thought they sucked:

Katamari Demacy
Dead Rising
Grand Theft Auto (I know, how can anyone hate this game? Well, I found a way)
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil
Max Payne and Task Force 121 (both game me motion sickness)

Games I didn't spend money on but hated all the same:

Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Crash Bandacoot (I can't remember if I liked or hated this one, I'll rank it as a hate)
Paper Mario
some Jurassic Park game for SNES
Doom and Wolfenstien (They also game me motion sickness)

I can't remember many others that well.

....:confused:
Dead rising....HOW!
katamari damchy wasn't for everyone I guess.
Super Mario Sunshine! I like it...how long did you play these games, (though I'm one to talk as I played killer 7 for about 10 minutes:closedeye)

Chris-san
07-07-2007, 04:28 AM
Somehow, I really disliked Luigi's Mansion...and I also really, really hated Viewtiful Joe, mostly for the insane difficulty, and Devil May Cry 2, for ruining a fantastic franchise. I hope that game gets washed away with time and never, EVER brought back up.

zaaaaaz
07-07-2007, 05:45 AM
It would have to be FFX-2. Too short, too easy, it ruined the fun of blitzball from FFX. And the boss vegnagun was a total let down, he was far too easy for a final boss. Luckily the game only cost me ten bucks, not that much of a loss, I suppose.

unspun
07-07-2007, 02:06 PM
It would have to be FFX-2. Too short, too easy, it ruined the fun of blitzball from FFX. And the boss vegnagun was a total let down, he was far too easy for a final boss. Luckily the game only cost me ten bucks, not that much of a loss, I suppose.

LOL sorry. Go through ffx-2 and shoot for the 100% complete. you'll spend so much time on that game you'll never want to play it again.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
07-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 was so ugh, it had a wonderful story line, but it was too easy and i hated that. i stayed up 2 days straight playing it. i mean WTF? the ending rocked btw. lol. but it was too easy, also FFX-2 and FFX sucked. i hated them

The Governator
07-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Here is my list:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (only the PS2 version)
Super Mario Sunshine
Counter Strike: Source

Saiyan Destroyer
07-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah they did mess up with the tiny print. The rest of it was great. But why VII, VIII, and JP for SNES?

What I want to know is why people hated the games they hated? They could have given reasons. I explained why I loved but ultimately disliked Defiance. Few give their reasons too but not enough people did.

Blitzball SUCKED SO MUCH BUTT. I HATED BLITZ BALL. I hated Waka too, so I didn't need his Ultimate Weapon.

Mikey: That's fantastic... WHY!? Is it going to kill you people to explain WHY you hated the games you hated?

Sword
07-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles. Bought it, played it, turned out to be crap. I even gave it another chance about a week later, but it was still crap. That was about a week ago.....haven't played it since.

I thought FFX-2 was a good enough game. The story was rubbish, but man it was a lot more fun to play than FFX. The gameplay was what kept me hooked for 250+ hours. That and the fact that I hadn't yet aquired the mascot dressphere lmao

Saiyan Destroyer
07-08-2007, 02:39 PM
If I played FFX-2 I'd try and get 100% in the first try. There's a gamefaq walkthrough of getting 100% in your first try.

Mio
07-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Magna Carta...hated every minute of it. >_>

Miss Tsukkii
07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Tetris sphere for N64...
-Complicated
-Boring
-Not-So-Good Graphics
I really don't see what can be fun in that game.

Sword
07-10-2007, 12:00 PM
If I played FFX-2 I'd try and get 100% in the first try. There's a gamefaq walkthrough of getting 100% in your first try.
It's impossible to get 100% on your first try. You have to replay it to do things differently and as a result get different cut scenes.

GoreDude
07-15-2007, 04:22 PM
i remember one game for the ps1 and it was terrible can't remember the name but you played as an overly muscled dude with a lame hair cut i spent 2 hours trying to find how to get out of the first level, also spyro's first game on the gba or ds(one or the other) it was terrible

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
ET the Extraterrestrial. So bad, they buried the million(s?) of unsold cartridges in the desert. And I owned it!

Saiyan Destroyer
07-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Sorry Sword, it's been proven you CAN get 100% in one try.

winged kyou
07-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Here is my list:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (only the PS2 version)
Super Mario Sunshine
Counter Strike: Source

NNNOOOO!!! NOt kh I&II

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-16-2007, 07:21 PM
NNNOOOO!!! NOt kh I&II

I agree with him. If it wasn't for the Gummi Ships, I wouldn't have bothered playing.

Tsuna Kadiri
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Way of the Samurai 2.

Waste of money, waste of life.

Jose
07-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Somehow, I really disliked Luigi's Mansion...and I also really, really hated Viewtiful Joe, mostly for the insane difficulty, and Devil May Cry 2, for ruining a fantastic franchise. I hope that game gets washed away with time and never, EVER brought back up.

Viewtifil Joe SUCKED
DMC 2 was pretty bad

Ami~chan
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen: The Game. God, I knew it was a bad idea buying a video game based on an anime, but I never knew it would be that bad of a mistake! The gameplay sucked, the camera sucked, the storyline sucked... Pretty much everything was a giant black hole of stink.

Umm... I didn't care too much for FF-X. I'm not too big into role playing games, so it just always was boring to me. Plus, the graphics, while pretty for the day, never were taken advantage of. Cutscenes were beautiful, but the enviroments weren't up to par.

I didn't like Transformers:The Game. It was as bad as the movie. 'Cept with a clunky controller.

Buruku
07-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Super Mario sunshine? Are you guys on crack?

Most of the real crappy games are at your local flea market buried under piles of SNES/Genesis games you've never heard of because they're so bad. Heavy Nova or afterburner II come to mind.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-16-2007, 09:28 PM
We're talking about famous games that got to much damn popularity than they deserved like DDR. ALL DDR'S GO TOO MUCH HYPE. THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD.

tddawg
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
sonic the hedgehog for the ps3 it would be a better use if someoen used it to play frisbee instead of actually playin the game the gameplay sucked the voice acting was crap and the i thought the camera was just making it harder on me plus the very quick parts of the level is a good idea gone wrong it was almost impossible for me to get through a part of the level i never made it close to the end also the other characters that weren't sonic, shadow and silver seemed like they were just put there just to be there the only remotely good part of the game was the bosses and some seemed like they were just cheating it's bad to see game franchises that had games like sonic the hedgehog series for the sega genesis and sonic adventure 2 on the gamecube/dreamcast sprout games like sonic heroes and the ps3 sonic the hedgehog :banghead:

realms89
07-30-2007, 05:08 PM
resident evil survivor

Knightmare
07-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Magna Carta because the fighting was so repetitve
and
Final Fantasy XII it was stupid spending an hour to get enough money to buy new armour for a single character not including magic spells or skills.

Aulos
07-30-2007, 06:21 PM
I haven't played any games that I particularly hated, or where that terrible.

These games disappointed me, though:

Yoshi's Island DS: I loved the original, but this one sucks.
Super Mario RPG: Yeah... I never liked it. I much prefer Paper Mario.
Metroid Prime: It was kind of fun I suppose, but it was not up to the hype that was created.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: Now, I don't really dislike this game, but like Metroid Prime it is very overrated and just wasn't half of the game that Ocarina of Time was. I liked the music in Hyrule Castle, though. :p

...and I bought all of the above. -_- Well, they weren't all a waste of money, but most of them didn't appeal to me at all.

EDIT:

Oops here's one I forgot, fortunately I didn't buy it.

Kirby's Air Ride: I love Kirby games, and I was so excited to see a Kirby racing game, but it was incredibly boring! I'm glad I only rented it.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
HOW DARE YOU! Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Star ATE MARIO PAPER ALIVE! HOW DARE YOU! Them fighting words in my country.

Metroid games should have been 3rd person or 2nd person advertures like the others were. Prime lacked something that made it great.

TDDAWG: Video Games are making that horrible mistake of tossing in random characters hoping it'll be a great hit. Unfortunately it doesn't work. It only manages to get people like us and folks at Game Informer, Game Pro, etc. angry and NOT buy the game or any sequels.

Knightmare: OH GOD. I heard about how bad the Gun Survivors were. 4 was greta until they brought it out for the Wii. ACTUALLY the Wii (will be Pee from now on) in general is a HORRIBLE SYSTEM. I like sitting down, playing games for hours on end with MAYBE only my wrists hurting. But Pee makes BOTH your arms hurt like all heck. I honestly hope and wish the Pee fails so they NEVER do the motion sensitive gaming systems EVER again. X Box 360 (Althought I hate the exucutives at X Box and Bill Gates with notions that transcend all notions of good and evil) is a WAY better system.. AND I HATE X BOX!

Buruku
07-31-2007, 04:07 PM
I haven't played any games that I particularly hated, or where that terrible.

These games disappointed me, though:

Yoshi's Island DS: I loved the original, but this one sucks.
Agreed, it was a direct port with nothing added. Boooring.

Kirby's Air Ride: I love Kirby games, and I was so excited to see a Kirby racing game, but it was incredibly boring! I'm glad I only rented it.
I know, It sure would have been nice to see a real kirby game on the cube.

Jose
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Ff X-2

Aulos
07-31-2007, 05:44 PM
HOW DARE YOU! Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Star ATE MARIO PAPER ALIVE! HOW DARE YOU! Them fighting words in my country.

I have to disagree. Paper Mario was so much more fun... but eh, I don't like fighting over this. XD

Agreed, it was a direct port with nothing added. Boooring.

I don't think we're thinking of the same game here... Are you thinking of the GBA's Super Mario Advance 3? That was a direct port of Yoshi's Island. The game I'm talking about is it's DS sequel. It wasn't a direct port, it was a disaster.

I know, It sure would have been nice to see a real kirby game on the cube.

I know... Apparently there's one being made for the Wii. I'm happy for that.

(_YvOnSo_)
07-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Oddworld: Munches Odysee

Azel
08-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Banjo Tooie was pretty bad.
Definitely FFX-2.
Resident Evil: Dead Aim blowed, but not as much as Resident Evil: Survivor.
But honestly, the biggest plague on humankind when it comes to gaming - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Buruku
08-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't think we're thinking of the same game here... Are you thinking of the GBA's Super Mario Advance 3? That was a direct port of Yoshi's Island. The game I'm talking about is it's DS sequel. It wasn't a direct port, it was a disaster.
I did get them mixed up, probably from playing both on the same system. (DS)

But yeah, the DS game got boring too fast, it also made me dizzy for some strange reason.

Aulos
08-01-2007, 12:49 PM
But honestly, the biggest plague on humankind when it comes to gaming - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Oh gosh... I forgot about that game!

I remember renting it and it was really frustrating... I'm glad I only rented it.

-Batman-
08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Samurai Western: Square Button...You beat the game! (Or was it triangle?)

Nintendogs:...How about buying an ACTUAL PUPPY. Or if you have a REAL DOG, Pay ATTENTION TO IT.

Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness: ...Why Lara? Why?

Superman 64: Jump through the hoop...Good Superman...Do it again...Good...Again...Again...Again....Again...Th row that car...Kay jump through that hoop....Again....Again....Again....Again....Again. ..
"When can I stop lex?"
"Heh...Hehhehah...HAHAHA...NEVER SUPERMAN, NEVER, NOW JUMP THROUGH THE HOOP...DO IT OR LOIS LANE DIES...BWHHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY!"

Guerrera
08-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll have to go with Home Alone and Michael Jackson on early Nintendo x]

Nintendogs:...How about buying an ACTUAL PUPPY. Or if you have a REAL DOG, Pay ATTENTION TO IT.

Exactly.

Pyrobrave
08-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I would say any pac man game after the atari.

I didn't like the Final Fantasy: Crystal chronicles game. It was way to repetitive.

あくむ
08-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Phantasy Star thing. And at first, because I couldn't get past the hotel part, Star Ocean 'till the end of time. xD. Now I freaking love it, though...

bug
08-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Unlimited Saga has got to be one of the worst games Square Enix came out with after the hit final fantasy. The battle system is just annoying. You have to depend more on luck then on skill, and theres also to much things that don't make sense.

The Blue Baron
08-04-2007, 02:04 PM
What game sucked oh only like every final fantasy game ever made geez i mean come on the graphics arent that great and its the same thing over and over...there is one exception to this The 14th on i beleive dirge of cerberus or whatever

Saiyan Destroyer
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Moonwalker did suck.

Azel
08-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Superman 64: Jump through the hoop...Good Superman...Do it again...Good...Again...Again...Again....Again...Th row that car...Kay jump through that hoop....Again....Again....Again....Again....Again. ..
"When can I stop lex?"
"Heh...Hehhehah...HAHAHA...NEVER SUPERMAN, NEVER, NOW JUMP THROUGH THE HOOP...DO IT OR LOIS LANE DIES...BWHHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY!"

I'll admit Superman 64 was one of the suckiest Superman games released but honestly, even Superman Returns sucked. The gameplay is atrocious, flying was fun and the flight controls were alright. The story events in the game do not even mesh with the story events of the movie at all. It had excellent graphics but the pros just don't outweigh the cons in this game.

(_YvOnSo_)
08-04-2007, 03:55 PM
The original Zelda game, sorta. Could never beat it.

[Deathscythe]
08-04-2007, 04:45 PM
What game sucked oh only like every final fantasy game ever made geez i mean come on the graphics arent that great and its the same thing over and over...there is one exception to this The 14th on i beleive dirge of cerberus or whatever

Lol! Well uh... I gotta admire your opinion somewhat xD

I'll back him for X, X-2 and XI. It's not the graphics wrong with those games (In my opinion graphics have always been great in the FF series) but the actual games thereselves I just dislike O_o; over-hyped pieces of garbage ^_^

The Blue Baron
08-07-2007, 05:21 PM
About time someone agrees My hat is off to you scythe The final fantasy games suck..

3pleT
08-08-2007, 08:37 AM
For me, worst game ever is Banjo Tooie, Any Odyessy (Abes world, Munches world, etc)
any?! i kinda liked abe's oddysee & exoddus. but those 3d sequels are the worst games ever!

The Faint Smile
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Sonic Heroes-Camera control is horrible. Some of the levels become impossible to end/beat.

Digimon World-The Digimon you raise always digivolved into the same form, no matter how many times you trained it differently or restarted the game. There really was no story plot.

Eris
08-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Deus Ex 2 was a huge anticlimax. It wasn't that particularly bad from a normal game perspective, but compared to the incredibly thought through Deus Ex 1, it felt like a cheap rip-off.

This is largely because it had been adapted to consoles (WHY, OH WHYYY???). Took away a lot of the controllability the original PC game gave the user, and replaced it with a point-and-drool system that completely spoiled the fun.

Petrol Gas
08-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Ping Pals for the DS

The game was basically an extension of the DS's chat function. It didn't interact with the original either. In order to have any Chat sessions you both had to go out and buy Ping Pals for $35 to do a function that the DS could already do quite well...

(_YvOnSo_)
08-08-2007, 04:08 PM
lol minesweeper.

That game was impossible. The only way i could beat it was lowering the amount of mines on there.

Eris
08-08-2007, 04:49 PM
lol minesweeper.

That game was impossible. The only way i could beat it was lowering the amount of mines on there.

... or being systematic.

Zenx
08-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Heros
... any 3D sonic games... :banghead:

I also, for some reason DESPISED God of War. Everyone says it's the best game ever... it was boring.

.Lovebeat
08-11-2007, 10:27 AM
CROC.
For playstation1. Yeeeaaaahhh... >.>; Try out the controls, they're funny. Really funny. Stupid Crocodile can't do anything!

Overlord Darth Fluffles
08-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Well let me list all the games not only I didn't like, but I thought they sucked horribly.:

Halo 2
KH 1 and 2
FFX-2
FFX
Glover
Wolfenstein
Gundamn Wing: Zeonic Front
Munches Odyssy (I liked ABes...I found it humorous)
I know I have more, I jsut can't think, OH Superman 6....yeah I can't think right now.

PanzerJager
08-11-2007, 06:16 PM
OMG!! GRAW: AW was the worst most overrated game I have ever bought (This was before I bought my new computer).. IT SUCKED my $1250 computer could barely play it at the lowest graphic settings (5-20fps)..

When I bought my new computer ($3000) I played it and the gameplay sucked (most boring FPS ever, way to much first person, not enough shooter).. SO OVERRATED

Good thing i onlt payed $19 for it, What a waste:banghead:

Chocobo
08-11-2007, 06:54 PM
FFX-2.. I couldn't go to my favorite leveling place or any previous places in FFX..
Omega Dungeon, Farplane, Remiem Temple, Baaj Temple, Macalania Temple, Explore Bikanel Desert... etc. Then the US version didn't have Saikikka or Festive Goer, or the "monster training" where you get to have different people in your party such as Seymor, Trema, etc. It was too short, made Blitzball boring... and yet I still play it... ._.

-Kitsune-
08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I didnt like FF X... it was too hard to go ANYWHERE because I kept getting jumped by monsters every 3 steps I took >.< And the battles took forever to finish, even the normal field battles and stuff. Oh and YuYu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics was terrible. Anyone who has played it will tell you it is the slowest turn-base game ever -.- One turn lasted about 10 minutes, then the next turn was exactly the same as the previous one -.-

Ertai87
08-13-2007, 12:46 AM
3 worst games I've ever played:

Resident Evil: Crappy camera angles, crappy graphics, not enough ammo, and everything comes back to life except you. Also, impossible to find your way out of the mansion. Time spent: About 20-30 hours.

Morrowind: First-person RPG with crappy graphics. If I wanted to play ANOTHER XBox shooter, I have ample choices already. They don't have to infringe on my favourite video game type (RPG) and make it crappy. Overall, bad graphics, impossible to find your way anywhere, shoddy control, no story. Time spent: About 4 hours.

FFX-2: Terrible, terrible graphics. Embarrassment to the Final Fantasy name. Time spent: About 5 minutes.

Opinionated
08-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Civilization 3. Civ 3 was so boring and monotonous, in fact, that I could read the first two entries in the Dune series while playing one random map.

Did I say random map? I meant random map. Random in the sense that the game will randomly hold back resources from you and from the rest of the world, leaving you with nuclear submarines floating alongside antiquated steamships. Horse-riding calvary next to paratroopers.

But hey, you don't need an army, because combat is so pointless, you'd think the game was a pacifist movement marketing tool. It doesn't matter how advanced your units are, what strategies you use, or even how many of them you have. You will still never win a war, ever.

The A.I. was also weak. I could, in theory, raze three of their cities, pay them a lump sum, and be back on good terms.

In short, Civ 3 was a waste of money and time. If you see it, do not buy it, do not give it a second glance.

Rem
08-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Like 98% of the people posting have listed thngs that are at worst mediocre. Kingdom hearts? I don't touch anything thats square related but come on that's hardly the worst game ever.

Now this game, this is one of the worst ever.
http://www.juegomania.org/Corpse+Killer%3A+Graveyard+Edition/preview/saturn/0/54_c/Caratula+Corpse+Killer%3A+Graveyard+Edition.jpg

Sleazer
09-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I hate FFXII cuz the battle engine sucks and evrithing else

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-16-2007, 11:42 PM
3 worst games I've ever played:

Resident Evil: Crappy camera angles, crappy graphics, not enough ammo, and everything comes back to life except you. Also, impossible to find your way out of the mansion. Time spent: About 20-30 hours.

Morrowind: First-person RPG with crappy graphics. If I wanted to play ANOTHER XBox shooter, I have ample choices already. They don't have to infringe on my favourite video game type (RPG) and make it crappy. Overall, bad graphics, impossible to find your way anywhere, shoddy control, no story. Time spent: About 4 hours.You have to be kidding me...Morrowind was THE single player RPG of it's time, one of the best! It may look bad now, but it sure as hell didn't look bad back then.

Impossible to find your way? Learn how to use a map.

Control? They did a good job making the controls work due to the complexity of the combat. (Although they greatly improved it in Oblivion.)

No story? You obviously have no patience.

Now, for RE....sure they have some bad games, but RE4 was my vote for game of the year when it came out (I forget the year now). You can't say that game is crap, it's just impossible. Oh yeah, the lack of ammo is part of the game. The whole point is to be ammo conservative. And if you can't find your way out of the mansion...dude, the mansion was easy. It seems you're just really bad with maps, since all it took was a quick glance at the map to find your way.

You want some REALLY bad games?

Aquaman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman:_Battle_for_Atlantis)
Bubsy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubsy#Bubsy_3D:_Furbitten_Planet)
Shaq Fu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq_Fu)
Superman 64 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_64)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda:_The_Wand_of_Gamelon)

Darkness2003
09-16-2007, 11:44 PM
FFX-2 I didn't get used to the class system, was odd.. and there was really no storyline to it.

overwatch
09-17-2007, 04:55 AM
FFX-2 I didn't get used to the class system, was odd.. and there was really no storyline to it.

Well I found the class system easy to work with and did not mind the change there - however the second point sums up the major problem with 10-2 - no story to speack of and to make matters worse - just explain to me whyYuna is using guns . . . . to me it looked like somone was watching charlies angles and thought - that would be so cool with yuna and riku - add random character pain and there you go.

Gaarademon
09-17-2007, 09:13 AM
runescape
resident evil the one that was on game boy color
shaq-fu

are the worst games i ever played good thing i didnt pay for them

Regex
09-17-2007, 11:27 AM
You have to be kidding me...Morrowind was THE single player RPG of it's time, one of the best! It may look bad now, but it sure as hell didn't look bad back then.
It's hard to consider it "THE single player RPG of its time" when it was both preceeded and succeeded by games that were regarded as better games. To name a few, Final Fantasy VI, Xenogears, and Knights of the Old Republic.

-Batman-
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
To be fair...

I've played both the Xbox and PC versions of Morrowind.

The Xbox Version DOES suck noodles. (btw, the game doesn't have to be 1st person...You can change to 3rd person you know...).
But the PC version is far better.
The only thing that was really lacking in Morrowind was Combat. But content was still there.

I will go ahead and agree with Regex, and disagree that it was the greatest RPG of it's time.
Neverwinter Nights, which came out a month after Morrowind, was far superior in everything but Graphics. So was Kotor which came out about a year later if i'm not mistaken, exluding the graphics which kotor out-did Morrowind on (sometime in 03, too lazy to check).
But best RPG of it's time...I guess that is subjective. I'm sure many people didn't like NWN and Kotor...But meh, what are you going to do.
However, from a critical perspective, not the best of it's time.

Shirai Ryu Scorpion
09-17-2007, 02:03 PM
THE WORST GAME THAT IS OUT THERE IS NARUTO: CLASH OF NINJA 2! Horrible game...I cannot believe I spent 30$ it was soooo easy. But I am looking forward for the Xbox 360: NARUTO: Rise of a Ninja.

Ertai87
09-17-2007, 02:40 PM
You have to be kidding me...Morrowind was THE single player RPG of it's time, one of the best!

You forget. This was in a time when Morrowind was THE ONLY single-player RPG of its time. Well, for consoles anyway. Plus single-player RPGs are kind of lame to begin with unless they're Diablo-style, and even then, sometimes...

It may look bad now, but it sure as hell didn't look bad back then.

Fair enough. Except this is the XBox we're talking about. Y'know, the system that debuted Halo on release. The system that was "infinitely superior to the GameCube in every way", the "gamer's console". You know everything people are saying about the 360? They said the same thing about the XBox back in the day. And Morrowind had N64 graphics.

Impossible to find your way? Learn how to use a map.

I recall no map. Perhaps that was gotten after I had already quit the game, 5 hours in.

Control? They did a good job making the controls work due to the complexity of the combat. (Although they greatly improved it in Oblivion.)

Perhaps I'm an idiot, but I'd think it would be a lot easier to hit an enemy than it was. Then again, when I play FP games, I'm used to dealing with ranged weapons, not melee ones. That could have been my bad.

No story? You obviously have no patience.

I've sunk over 100 hours into Tales of Symphonia and you don't even want to know how much time into Pokemon Diamond (by itself, not including the fact that I beat all of Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold, more than once in some cases). By the 5-hour mark, I'd expect some kind of story to be happening.

Now, for RE....sure they have some bad games, but RE4 was my vote for game of the year when it came out (I forget the year now). You can't say that game is crap, it's just impossible. Oh yeah, the lack of ammo is part of the game. The whole point is to be ammo conservative. And if you can't find your way out of the mansion...dude, the mansion was easy. It seems you're just really bad with maps, since all it took was a quick glance at the map to find your way.

I said RE, not RE4. Had the game been RE4, I probably would have enjoyed it. RE4 has a behind-the-back camera, not a static one, and apparently there's enough ammo to deal with mostly everything. Also, my complaint isn't with the lack of ammo. It's partly that but mostly the fact that everything regenerates except your ammo when you leave a room, so basically nothing except you stays dead.

You want some REALLY bad games?

Aquaman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman:_Battle_for_Atlantis)
Bubsy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubsy#Bubsy_3D:_Furbitten_Planet)
Shaq Fu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq_Fu)
Superman 64 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_64)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda:_The_Wand_of_Gamelon)

Hey, don't be hating on Bubsy. Back in the days of the Sega Genesis when I was 10 years old, that game was the ****. I'd take a good session of Bubsy over any of the games I mentioned. It may look stupid and be really simple control-wise, with no story to speak of, but at least it was *fun*.

[edit]Oh, I see you're referring to a specific Bubsy game. I was not aware there was more than one. The one I played was really fun, but I can't speak of the one you mentioned.

Thousand Eyes
09-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Jack the Ripper for PC. What started as quite an awesome point n click adventure experience was completely ruined by the retarded ending, which didn't solve anything.

Drunk_Squid
09-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Worst game ever?

Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest

Best game ever, on the other hand:

Super Castlevania 4

Saiyuko
09-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Hmm.

Any of the Duke Nukem games.

Test Drive:Some corny wannabe racing game.

-Batman-
09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Any of the Duke Nukem games.

You take that back. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_3D)
You can lump all of those crappy playstation TPS games in one terrible mess of grabage, but you leave 3D alone.

And when Duke Nukem: Forever comes out, it will blow our grand childrens minds!

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-20-2007, 11:10 PM
You forget. This was in a time when Morrowind was THE ONLY single-player RPG of its time. Well, for consoles anyway. Plus single-player RPGs are kind of lame to begin with unless they're Diablo-style, and even then, sometimes...Um no. KOTOR has already been mentioned, and PS/PS2 was lousy with Japanese RPGs.

Fair enough. Except this is the XBox we're talking about. Y'know, the system that debuted Halo on release. The system that was "infinitely superior to the GameCube in every way", the "gamer's console". You know everything people are saying about the 360? They said the same thing about the XBox back in the day. And Morrowind had N64 graphics.
Nope, it doesn't.
Perfect Dark (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=198275&img=14&sid=undefined), one of the best looking N64 games.

Morrowind (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=913818&img=7&sid=undefined).

Morrowind was beautiful. Hell, it still holds up.

I recall no map. Perhaps that was gotten after I had already quit the game, 5 hours in.No, it was always there. You didn't read the manual. Or pay attention to the tutorial.

Perhaps I'm an idiot, but I'd think it would be a lot easier to hit an enemy than it was. Then again, when I play FP games, I'm used to dealing with ranged weapons, not melee ones. That could have been my bad.
Step one: Hit Button while looking at monster.
Step two: See step one until monster is dead.

Easiest controls ever in physical combat. Ranged you do actually have to aim when you hit the button, I guess.

I've sunk over 100 hours into Tales of Symphonia and you don't even want to know how much time into Pokemon Diamond (by itself, not including the fact that I beat all of Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold, more than once in some cases). By the 5-hour mark, I'd expect some kind of story to be happening.
You have to find the story. That's the great part. You are free to ignore the hell out of it. That said, you are given the first part of the main-story quest by default, and if you didn't follow it it's your own fault.

Go buy it used (On PC if possible) and give it another try.

It's hard to consider it "THE single player RPG of its time" when it was both preceeded and succeeded by games that were regarded as better games. To name a few, Final Fantasy VI, Xenogears, and Knights of the Old Republic.I think the qualifying part was "of it's time." FF VI, and Xenogears would be well before it's time coming out 8 and 4 years beforehand, respectively. As for KotOR, I'd say no to the first KotOR being better then Morrowind, and I guess to the second. But not by any great deal.

Neverwinter Nights, which came out a month after Morrowind, was far superior in everything but Graphics. The original campaign was an insipid slow experience grind with no reward or story per say that lasted FOREVER. The expansions and some of the mods were indeed AWESOME, though.

Zantetsuken
09-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Lagoon for the SNES. It blew. Big time.

-Batman-
09-20-2007, 11:59 PM
The original campaign was an insipid slow experience grind with no reward or story per say that lasted FOREVER. The expansions and some of the mods were indeed AWESOME, though.

I got through the story quick after the first time through...Then again, I just made a bunch of God tier weapons and armor, dropped them in a custom map, imported my character, had him pick up all of the weapons and armor in my custom empty dungeon thing, save character, then start the campaign.
Basically walking around playing god mode without actually activating god mode.

nikoko-nozomu
09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
FFX-2

The game itself seems okay, but I never could figure out what's going on half the time. -_-;;

Ertai87
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Um no. KOTOR has already been mentioned, and PS/PS2 was lousy with Japanese RPGs.

Nope, it doesn't.
Perfect Dark (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=198275&img=14&sid=undefined), one of the best looking N64 games.

Morrowind (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=913818&img=7&sid=undefined).

Morrowind was beautiful. Hell, it still holds up.

That must be PC Morrowind (note I played Morrowind on XBox). And if that's what PD looked like (never actually played PD), I take back what I said. Morrowind has WORSE THAN N64 graphics.

No, it was always there. You didn't read the manual. Or pay attention to the tutorial.

Actually now that I think about it I did read the map. Problem is it took an hour of gameplay to get from story point to story point. 3 hours into the game I still had no idea what the heck I was supposed to be doing. That's not a good thing.

Step one: Hit Button while looking at monster.
Step two: See step one until monster is dead.

Easiest controls ever in physical combat. Ranged you do actually have to aim when you hit the button, I guess.

When the enemy is smaller than you and has a ranged attack, physical attacks tend to be harder to aim. Or what's what I found. Especially since the "melee range" is very hard to judge.

You have to find the story. That's the great part. You are free to ignore the hell out of it. That said, you are given the first part of the main-story quest by default, and if you didn't follow it it's your own fault.

Well either I ignored it or it went too slowly for me to figure out, but 3 hours into the game I still had no idea what the storyline was or where it was going. It couldn't have been that obvious. And if it's not obvious, it's not an RPG, it's just a bad FPS.

Go buy it used (On PC if possible) and give it another try.

Mmmm...nah.

Regex
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Just a couple things

Nope, it doesn't.
I can't say much for your choice of screenshots... Perfect Dark did have an overall better look than what you showed. Not that it can stand up to Morrowind's graphics at all, but at least give it some credit.
I do think there were N64 games that displayed far better graphics than Perfect Dark.. Banjo Kazooie and Ocarina of Time did better jobs of it. I think the reason being that they worked with the limitations of the system, rather than try to push it to look realistic.

As for Ertaiwhatever, if that Morrowind shot didn't convince you, try this (http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/177/Elder-Scrolls-III-Morrowind/p1/) page

I think the qualifying part was "of it's time." FF VI, and Xenogears would be well before it's time coming out 8 and 4 years beforehand, respectively. As for KotOR, I'd say no to the first KotOR being better then Morrowind, and I guess to the second. But not by any great deal.Yes, the intention was to show better RPGs both before and after Morrowind. If there were better games on both ends, it could hardly be considered the best of its time at all. It would be pretty stupid to narrow it down to the best RPG to come out in May, 2002. Nobody would care.

All things considered, I'd call Morrowind a pretty bland RPG. I couldn't see saying anything extreme about it in either direction.

Ertai87
09-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Just a couple things

I can't say much for your choice of screenshots... Perfect Dark did have an overall better look than what you showed. Not that it can stand up to Morrowind's graphics at all, but at least give it some credit.
I do think there were N64 games that displayed far better graphics than Perfect Dark.. Banjo Kazooie and Ocarina of Time did better jobs of it. I think the reason being that they worked with the limitations of the system, rather than try to push it to look realistic.

As for Ertaiwhatever, if that Morrowind shot didn't convince you, try this (http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/177/Elder-Scrolls-III-Morrowind/p1/) page

OK, first off, I have 2 problems with what you said:

1) Those screenshots are obviously of the PC version. I have already said 3 times I played the XBox version. Also, I could have stood a good game with bad graphics. Goldeneye is one of my favourite games of all time, and nobody would say its graphics were great. My point was that for the XBox, which everyone said was supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, it sure didn't show it compared even to other XBox games like Halo and definitely not against Gamecube games which were supposed to be so inferior. I could stand a good game with bad graphics, even a good FPS with bad graphics (see Goldeneye, one of my still favourite games of all time). The problem is, graphics or not, Morrowind was just a bad game.

2) As an admin, I expect you to give me the same respect you expect me to give you. It's "Ertai", or "Ertai87". Thanks.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
That must be PC Morrowind (note I played Morrowind on XBox). And if that's what PD looked like (never actually played PD), I take back what I said. Morrowind has WORSE THAN N64 graphics.
You are insane. The X-Box version was as good graphics wise as the PC. And N64 graphics as a rule were much worse, to the point you could count polygons in some cases.

Actually now that I think about it I did read the map. Problem is it took an hour of gameplay to get from story point to story point. 3 hours into the game I still had no idea what the heck I was supposed to be doing. That's not a good thing.
That'd be because you didn't use any of the transportation networks (i.e. Slit Strider, Boat, Mage Guild, Alimsvi Intervention, Divine Intervention, Mark and Recall, Water Walking, or those teleportation chambers I always forget the names of). I find I can get to almost anyplace on the Morrowind map in less then 15 minutes.

When the enemy is smaller than you and has a ranged attack, physical attacks tend to be harder to aim. Or what's what I found. Especially since the "melee range" is very hard to judge.
I think I finally figured out what you are going on about. You don't always connect because it's an RPG, not a FPS. Whether or not you hit is dependet on dice rolls, not hit boxes. Your stats were too low to hit things reliably.

Well either I ignored it or it went too slowly for me to figure out, but 3 hours into the game I still had no idea what the storyline was or where it was going. It couldn't have been that obvious. And if it's not obvious, it's not an RPG, it's just a bad FPS.
You arrive in Morrowind.
You set up a character.
You are given a piece a paper to deliver to a person on the way out of the Census office.
That person tells you to deliver another piece of paper to a guy in Balmora because the Emperor want's you to be a spy for him.
At this point, you are free to do whatever you want.

You apparently didn't pay attention to any of this. RPG's as a genre require you to read a lot of text. Bethesda's RPGs don't hold you there and shove story down your throat. They give you a world and a storyline, and you can ignore the latter if you want.

Mmmm...nah.
That's cool. But in the future, don't pick up a game while being totally ignorant of the conventions of it's genre, much less actually read a FAQ on it or something.

1) Those screenshots are obviously of the PC version. I have already said 3 times I played the XBox version.
Those screens were from an X-Box site, and they are in accordance with the reality of the X-Box version.

Ertai87
09-21-2007, 12:51 PM
You are insane. The X-Box version was as good graphics wise as the PC. And N64 graphics as a rule were much worse, to the point you could count polygons in some cases.

That'd be because you didn't use any of the transportation networks (i.e. Slit Strider, Boat, Mage Guild, Alimsvi Intervention, Divine Intervention, Mark and Recall, Water Walking, or those teleportation chambers I always forget the names of). I find I can get to almost anyplace on the Morrowind map in less then 15 minutes.

I think I finally figured out what you are going on about. You don't always connect because it's an RPG, not a FPS. Whether or not you hit is dependet on dice rolls, not hit boxes. Your stats were too low to hit things reliably.

You arrive in Morrowind.
You set up a character.
You are given a piece a paper to deliver to a person on the way out of the Census office.
That person tells you to deliver another piece of paper to a guy in Balmora because the Emperor want's you to be a spy for him.
At this point, you are free to do whatever you want.

You apparently didn't pay attention to any of this. RPG's as a genre require you to read a lot of text. Bethesda's RPGs don't hold you there and shove story down your throat. They give you a world and a storyline, and you can ignore the latter if you want.

That's cool. But in the future, don't pick up a game while being totally ignorant of the conventions of it's genre, much less actually read a FAQ on it or something.

Those screens were from an X-Box site, and they are in accordance with the reality of the X-Box version.

Maybe the HD version...unfortunately I don't have an HDTV, so I played it with graphics that looked on approximately the same level as (often worse than) Zelda Ocarina of Time.

As for the collision detection, it was quite bad. I switched to 3rd person mode for a bit and distinctly saw my weapon not connecting with the enemy. Has nothing to do with dice rolls. Unless the hit boxes are significantly larger than the sprites.

Also, I have probably played a lot more RPGs than you have. Go play Chrono Trigger or Tales of Symphonia. Those are RPGs. Calling Morrowind an RPG is like calling DotA an RPG. Yes, they are designed like RPGs with level design and some form of character building (and, I'll take your word that, somewhere buried in the depths of the unending grind of boringness, that there is a story buried there somewhere), but Morrowind is still an FPS in the same way that DotA is still an RTS. The difference is DotA doesn't pretend to be an RPG. As an RPG fanatic, playing Morrowind and hearing it called an RPG made me feel a bit insulted.

And as for those "warp points", either they're not available at the outset of the game, or they were difficult to find due to bad level design. If I'm required to read a strategy guide in order to get the fullness of a game, it's a game I'd rather not play.

Regex
09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Maybe the HD version...unfortunately I don't have an HDTV, so I played it with graphics that looked on approximately the same level as (often worse than) Zelda Ocarina of Time.The XBox didn't support HD. At least not to any extent that it makes any difference.

Also, I have probably played a lot more RPGs than you have. Go play Chrono Trigger or Tales of Symphonia. Those are RPGs. Calling Morrowind an RPG is like calling DotA an RPG. Yes, they are designed like RPGs with level design and some form of character building (and, I'll take your word that, somewhere buried in the depths of the unending grind of boringness, that there is a story buried there somewhere), but Morrowind is still an FPS in the same way that DotA is still an RTS. The difference is DotA doesn't pretend to be an RPG. As an RPG fanatic, playing Morrowind and hearing it called an RPG made me feel a bit insulted.Just because you didn't prefer the Morrowind take on the RPG (which is far more traditional than the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger style) doesn't make it less of an RPG. As I understand it, Morrowind is intended to be a bit less linear than the other "classic" video RPGs. It allows you to immerse yourself further into the role, rather than play a movie.

Ertai87
09-21-2007, 01:23 PM
The XBox didn't support HD.

Just because you didn't prefer the Morrowind take on the RPG (which is far more traditional than the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger style) doesn't make it less of an RPG. As I understand it, Morrowind is intended to be a bit less linear than the other "classic" video RPGs. It allows you to immerse yourself further into the role, rather than play a movie.

Fair enough. I still didn't like it though, and imo it was one of the worst games I've ever played.

-Batman-
09-21-2007, 01:29 PM

My method of travel.

~ key in game.

player-> setacrobatics 500
Enter

Look at the map, and look at the general direction of where you want to go.
Jump.
You're there!

Of course thats just me....I find it more fun.

or player-> setspeed 1000 (i tried 9001...That didn't work out too well)

or COC "Town name" for an instant port.

I also reinstalled Morrowind yesterday, because of this topic.
The graphics are fine, and still playable even by todays standards.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Maybe the HD version...unfortunately I don't have an HDTV, so I played it with graphics that looked on approximately the same level as (often worse than) Zelda Ocarina of Time.There is no HD version. That is the only version (other then GOTY, which just included one of the expansions with no improvements on the graphics).

As for the collision detection, it was quite bad. I switched to 3rd person mode for a bit and distinctly saw my weapon not connecting with the enemy. Has nothing to do with dice rolls. Unless the hit boxes are significantly larger than the sprites. I just told you. When ever your hit "connects" the game makes a dice roll based on your attack, weapon skill, governing stat for weapon, and the target's agility and armor and then decides if you actually hit. It has nothing to do with hit detection, which is very, very lenient. The hit boxes are HUGE. Almost X-Box HUGE.

Also, I have probably played a lot more RPGs than you have. Go play Chrono Trigger or Tales of Symphonia. Those are RPGs. Calling Morrowind an RPG is like calling DotA an RPG. Yes, they are designed like RPGs with level design and some form of character building (and, I'll take your word that, somewhere buried in the depths of the unending grind of boringness, that there is a story buried there somewhere), but Morrowind is still an FPS in the same way that DotA is still an RTS. The difference is DotA doesn't pretend to be an RPG. As an RPG fanatic, playing Morrowind and hearing it called an RPG made me feel a bit insulted.I have played hundreds of RPGs. You obviously don't play many American RPGs which is what Morrowind is. Most are VERY, VERY different from Japanese RPGs- Different enough that many conceder them a separate genre entirely. Based on your responses, I can tell you aren't knowledgeable of the conventions of Western RPGs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_differences_in_role-playing_video_games

And as for those "warp points", either they're not available at the outset of the game, or they were difficult to find due to bad level design. If I'm required to read a strategy guide in order to get the fullness of a game, it's a game I'd rather not play.The Boat, Slit Strider, or the Mage's Guild are cheap, open from the beginning of the game, and found in every city with the exception of the 3 Ashlander camps, and your chances of finding the Ashlander camps without knowing what you are doing is pretty much nil anyway.

TheAsterisk!
09-23-2007, 08:58 PM
The worst game that I have EVER played would have to be a game passed down to me from my older brother for the NES. I think it was called COBRA TRIANGLE.

Skylar1
09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Halo, downright worst game of all time.

>.> Ha, gotcha, j/k. Nah, actually, if a game was really that bad, then it wouldn't even count as a game period.

Insurgo
09-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Worst game ever I played were, Yuyuhakusho, and The Bouncer. I hated the games so much, I had to throw them away since I could only get $5 for them =/

The Blue Baron
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I guess when i rented...Hack for the first time i figured i guess ill see what the talk is about yea Freakin forget renting one of those again it was so lame dude

-Kitsune-
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I guess when i rented...Hack for the first time i figured i guess ill see what the talk is about yea Freakin forget renting one of those again it was so lame dude
Hey, not all of them are terrible ^.^ It really depends on which one you rented o.o Some of them do suck... But not all of them

The Blue Baron
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Riiiight....All RPGs suck..>_>
I havent found a good one yet..

overwatch
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
They just might not be your type of game, but which ones have you tried blue?

AzureChrono
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Ok first of all...

HOW THE F'CK CAN YOU SAY THAT THE ABE'S ODDYSEE GAMES SUCKED? THEY WERE REVOLUTIONARY. YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR CONSOLES/GAMES BANISHED!!!

Second of all..
The worst game ever = superman 64