PDA

View Full Version : An Cafe

GaiSensei
07-02-2007, 08:18 PM
K, so after reading the sub forum rules, here’s the correct version...

My sister introduced me to this band, and I’ve been hooked for a few months now.

An Café (Also known as Antic Café or Antique Café) is a Japanese Oshare kei band (Oshare Kei is a branch of Visual Kei and it is usually categorized by “colorful” and elaborate dress styles and androgynous looks.)

The band was formed in 2003 by Miku (vocals), Kanon (bass), and Bou (guitar, 2003- 2007). Bou has currently been replaced by Takuya (guitar, 2007).
An Café is composed of 5 members, all male and Japanese.
Miku (vocals)
Kanon (bass guitar)
Teruki (drums)
Yuuki (keyboard)
Takuya (guitar)

An Café’s sound ranges from fast rock songs with screaming vocals and catchy choruses… to cute, upbeat love songs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Cafe#Style)

Presently they have 3 albums and several singles.
Smile Ichiban, Tekesuta kousen, Nyappy, and Maple gunman are just a few of my personal favorites. I have not seen any of their albums in stores, but quite a few of their songs can be bought/found online. :ninja:

Riina-chan
07-04-2007, 01:23 PM
YAY!!!! Antic Cafe thread ^^
Antic Cafe is my favorite band!!!!! I love Miku and Kanon!
My favorite songs are Merry Making,Nyappy in the World2,Kiss,Golden Wing,Lock on the o New Sekai and Escapism... Now I'm waiting for the new single.. XD

Hitsugaya389
07-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I've heard of them but haven't heard their songs yet

ShinyaZel
07-21-2007, 12:46 PM
They really are a great band. When we went to A-kon this year, they were doing a Q&A and they were too funny. You would think fans would have SOME respect and not ask any questions regarding Bou. People asked and Kanon looked REALLY upset. I felt so bad for him.

They're music is really catchy though and they definitely have some great talent. Recently I saw some of Bou's last live, which was TOO sad, and saw that Teruki was a pretty awesome drummer. Bou too, man is crazy on the guitar. I didn't hear much from Kanon since I was in and out of the room, but he can get down for sure.

As for Yuuki and Takuya, I hope people give them a chance. For a while people were really looking down on them, not sure if they still do, and that's not for at all. Either way, I hope the future of An Cafe is still a bright one and I'll continue to support them.

Nyappy in the world! o( ≧∀≦ )o

Neko~Dreamer
07-31-2007, 05:17 PM
ok, first time I saw this band, I thought like WTF!? o_O Are they guys or girls?!
It's actually my first o-share kei band. I think they are really cute [yeah, girlish style cuteness XD]. It's kinda' funny to see guys dress up like this. Most of the people think and say that they are gay. LOL, if An Cafe are gay, then what to say 'bout other J-rock bands? XP
I don't listen to their songs really often. Generally, this band and this style [o-share kei] is way too bright for me. But that doesen't mean that I don't like them at all. I like their PV "Snow". It's so weird though to look at such sweet boys with those guitars XD [yeah, me a bishie lover *_*]

Guerrera
08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
@ Shinya: That's really sad to hear (about what happened to Kanon). I agree! Nyappy's a great song ^^
I actually need to find more of their songs...

@ Neko: Oh yeah, they girly xD
But I love their music

Thanks for posting ^^

Interpreter
09-09-2007, 08:54 AM
So far I've only heard one song from them and gosh, it rocks! It's Kakusei Heroism, and I look forward to listening more from them coz they're so talented! XD

NamiKyo
09-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Awesome band , but its so sad that Bou left them all T.T (I dont really understand why he allways dressed like a girl ). I love them songs but without Bou its just....Not like it was before... *Bou we miss you*

LiLi.
09-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Heh Antic Cafe is just fab! ;_; i miss Bou *sniffles* They totally rocked when Bou was in. Oh and my fav song by them : Smile Ichiban Ii Onna

SweetLovingPsycho[HORROR]
09-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I love An Cafe. They were one of the few known Japanese bands at my school. Every one that knew of the band would greet each other with the Nyappy hand sign. It's a really cool thing. It's kind of like An Cafe connected a bunch of people at my school through their music.

I love An Cafe the play great music. I really like the new members and Yuuki is my favorite new member, but my favorite Antikku member of all time is definatly Miku. I love his voice it is very unique.

xHatakexTanyarix
09-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I Miss Bou!!!!!!

Kuchiyose Mizu
11-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Their Orange Dream song is stuck in my head..hehe

LOVE STUFF
11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I luv all An cafe songs!!!^_^

Jose
11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
i heard them today they are rlly good

chin xD
11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
good group there's some songs that i like ^^

xHatakexTanyarix
11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
... I definitely have "Super Rabbit" stuck in my head XD

Gizoku
11-30-2007, 06:16 PM
-nod nod- They're a good band, I havent been able to listen to much of their music because I cant find any songs on limewire...and I'm to lazy to see if they sell it in stores xD

Emiko-starr
12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
*points to signature* I miss bou too!!

Misa-Misa
12-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh, An Cafe is my favourite band ^^
Their songs make me smile when I want to cry =^^=
And I cosplayed Bou *)

Yuuki Kurosu
12-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I have heard of them, but I haven't heard any of their songs. I am planning on downloading some though. ^^ I really seem interested from what I have heard.

Riina-chan
12-19-2007, 07:06 AM
I had a chance to see Antic Cafe live on March but the tickets are sold out and my parents won't let me to go there... -_- *cries*
I hope they will come here some other day too....

baioslaio
02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Im going to see them live in sweden in about 1month