PDA

View Full Version : Yui...

Hamashimura
07-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh well...
One friend of mine recommended me her,and I said "why not?",since I listen to everything I like...
And I loved her,she's great solo artist,with very beautiful voice...I can definitely recommend her to everyone that likes this type of music^^

Actually this thread is created mainly for me to see how many of you actually know about her,and for those that don't know - if you want,listen to it,you have nothing to lose...

Anyway,here's a little something I came across:
YUI is a Japanese pop-rock artist who was born in Fukuoka on March 26 1987. She plays the acoustic guitar and also writes her own songs. She was not always into music, though. When she was in 9th grade, she was into poems, but a year or so later, with the recommendation of a friend, she began to write songs and play guitar, eventually dreaming of becoming a professional.

She was finally recognized in 2003, at a SONY audition. After all the judges gave her the highest score possible, everyone knew she was going to be big. Her single, Life, which was the fifth ending for the anime Bleach, made her gain popularity outside of Japan. She released her first album, From Me to You, on February 22 2006 and it was well received.

She has also recently dabbled in acting for she played a part in the 2006 film "Taiyou no Uta".

That's it for now...

......sleepy......

Gjallarhorn
07-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Eh. She's okay. I got her last album, "Can't Buy My Love" because I liked a few songs on it, but her voice can get annoying after a while; she has a high voice even for a jpop singer.

princess rukia
07-02-2007, 12:53 AM
shes great

Kuitchi
07-11-2007, 06:58 AM
I love Yui's voice.:D and she is beautiful too:D

My favorite Yui songs are Rolling star,Life, Tokyo,and many more.:laugh:

yuakri
08-03-2007, 01:42 AM
hey....YUI is my idol le...
i love her song n her latest album ma~~~Can't Buy My Love-My Generation/Understand....
fav songs in anime~Rolling Star-BLEACH op5......Life-BLEACH ed5...

Konata Izumi
08-03-2007, 02:13 AM
I have a question:
YUI is a totally different person from Yui Horie right?

dream magician
08-03-2007, 02:25 AM
I like her too!
I love goodbye days,rolling star and everything she sings.
I got a cd where all her songs are burned last birthday of mine.

Hamashimura
08-03-2007, 06:20 AM
I have a question:
YUI is a totally different person from Yui Horie right?

Yup,you got that one right,they're two totally different persons ^^
I don't know about her every album,but those I know for sure are:
~ From me to You
~ Can't buy my Love
Which are the only ones I really own...
Beside them I only know about song known as Crossroad...
My absolute favorite songs are:
~ Merry-Go-Round
~ LIFE
~ Ready to Love
~ Feel my Soul
~ Thank you my Teens
~ Crossroad

Konata Izumi,this is Yui...