PDA

View Full Version : Type Preference

~UB~
06-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Since I'm relatively new here, I wanted to try my hand at making a thread in the Misc. forums. So, the question is~

What type of person would you prefer to date?

In other words, I prefer cute over hot/sexy/powerful/rich and so on. The sight of cute really gets me going >;o What's yours? [Actually, I'm kind of interested in seeing what a bunch of anime lovers would go for.]

Kagura_Sohma
06-27-2007, 01:30 PM
my type......emo/funny/weird but in a good way/cute.....

Anpan Hayase
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Someone I can punch for no reason and not have them cry or get mad. The kind that would laugh it off and say, 'Was that s'pose teh hurt?'

Chris-san
06-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Younger than me by about two years, but mature. I can't stand loud, obnoxious, 'premiscuous' (for lack of better term) girls. Obviously, part of a relationship is physical attraction, and I'm really, really unattracted to girls who have absolutely no meat on their bones...*cough* If anyone knows what I mean.

Luzifer
06-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Someone who can take care of themselves and isn't demanding for attention... definately someone who is intellectually viral and curious, if they disagree with me on many philosophical, political, or theological levels then all the better. And not a completely motormouth... talk with a point.

and why not resonably attractive too... I mean they don't have to be drop dead hot or stuff like that but I mean... not something that would make cows die.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
A little older than me, or the same age as me, cute, nice, but still has a dark side, taller than me, smart, and has a nice family. ...And of course, he must love me, and a behaved man. ^_^

~UB~
06-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Right, somebody Loyal. Not one [like Nanashi, or for the sake of popularity ero-senin or the pervert with silver hair from Naruto.]

But jeez, you guys are picky ^ ^ll| , none the less at least you're not incredibly shallow. I hate really shallow people. I wouldn't go out with anybody who is with me solely for looks.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
06-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Right, somebody Loyal. Not one [like Nanashi, or for the sake of popularity ero-senin or the pervert with silver hair from Naruto.]

But jeez, you guys are picky ^ ^ll| , none the less at least you're not incredibly shallow. I hate really shallow people. I wouldn't go out with anybody who is with me solely for looks.

You mean, Jiraya? lol, yeah. But he's old, he got nothin to do. haha.

Light Guardian
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I prefer...calm...cute...nice...honest...trustworthy ...
Thats all...

Wio
06-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I would like a good looking virgin that wouldn't mind baring my children; the type of woman that could cook and was modest; somone who understands the fact that I'm going to change into a different person as I age (like everyone does) and that they'll have to love that new person also.

But I want someone who is interested in what I have to say atleast half the time and will laugh at most of my jokes. These aren't really generic traits, more like desirable reactions to my own actions.

However, I don't expect to get the whole package, these are things I'm shooting for.

Ayame_Sohma
06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
I like guys who are really funny and they can make me laugh and who are caring and sweet and i can trust them with my life.I can talk to them about anything.

I also like dating guys who are older than me..i have huge things for american guys as well.

Wio
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I like guys who are really funny and they can make me laugh and who are caring and sweet and i can trust them with my life.I can talk to them about anything.

I also like dating guys who are older than me..i have huge things for american guys as well.

Most guys are like the ones you described. Most of the guys I have met were caring, sweet, and funny. That in their testosterone. As long as don't get drunk or do drugs, you can pretty much trust them with your life.

Well, there are some of those guys who want to seem dark and mysterious and won't talk about 'their past'. Hmmm, fortunantly I don't have any thing that I wouldn't be willing to talk about!

GaiSensei
06-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm rather picky... Basically, he must always do as he is told ;]

Queen-of-Mars
06-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Someone who is kind, smart, passionate. Clingy..ugh. No.

Exquiro
06-27-2007, 07:31 PM
I can't really say but in most cases I'd go for ruggedly handsome over cute (e.g. Aragorn over Legolas). That's pretty non-specific and only based on looks but it's kind of hard to say.

-Batman-
06-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Preferably a girl who's...I don't know. Unpredictable. Willing to deal with my little demons sometimes, and has a sense of humor. Preferably a girl who...Is equal parts romance and friendship.
I don't want a girl who's going to be clingy and lovey 24/7, but I don't want a girl who's not going to be a little...Romantic every once in a while.
When you're in a relationship, that person is supposed to be both a romantic interest or partner, as well as a friend. Not just one or the other. And you should be the same in return
Least thats how I see it.

pab
06-27-2007, 09:43 PM
A human being, or perhaps an Alien...
JK, jk.
Anyone of the opposite sex with a nice character.

keezy.
06-27-2007, 10:39 PM
um... someone who listens to me, someone who's nice and doesn't act like a total butthole when he's around his friends. but he is fun to be w/.... that type i guess...

Masali
06-27-2007, 11:25 PM
First thing you should know. I am the cheeeeesiest, sappiest, most sentimental, and hopelessly romantic person I know. I strongly dissaprove of dating for sex and sex alone. I mean sure, the first thing you notice about a person is looks. That's great. But if you get to know that person and they're absolutely dreadful to be around, I wouldn't touch you, no matter how hot you are. I need a girl who's really fun loving, and loves music. You don't need to be smart, I'm not smart. Why should I expect you to be? I just don't want a ditz (think Paris Hilton, I want none of that). We can have a good intellegent conversation, but nothing that's like earthshattering philosophical debates. That leads to unwanted arguments. And I need a girl with a similar music taste to me, because I tend to gravitate to people who can enjoy the same kind of music as I do! Oh, and no blondes. I'm not a blonde kind of guy. Brunettes or redheds please!

devildog
06-27-2007, 11:38 PM
for me a guy dosent have to be a megga babe or anything but i guy that is funny and can put up a fight with me...not some dude that once he gets some he leaves! cause i cant stand that... but usualy i like dudes who like the same things i like...emmo,goth, outgoing and has a plan for his life and taller then me but not younger then me... maybe about 2 yrs older then me... but i have not found mr. perfect yet... lol

but i am looking :rolleyes:

Sobriquet
06-27-2007, 11:42 PM
-Mature
-Cute/Hot
-Tall
-Nice
-Trustworthy
-Has a cool style

Gjallarhorn
06-28-2007, 02:22 AM
First thing you should know. I am the cheeeeesiest, sappiest, most sentimental, and hopelessly romantic person I know.

You apparently haven't met me. I'll deny saying this later.

Anyway, I'm a total sap. Take the sappiest person you know, and multiply by two( and in a bunch of nerdiness), and you have me. But, typically, I'll deny this, or try to complete avoid the subject. Obviously, I'd prefer someone I'm both mentally and physically attracted to, but when it comes to specifics, I'll leave it up in the air. I wouldn't discount a girl simply because she doesn't meet some sort of checklist I have in my mind. But, so far, girls I have been attracted to have typically been older than me by a year or two, which I'd assume is the result of me having always hung around with people older than I, and also into arts such as painting, drawing, or photography.
I really don't have a great idea of what I'm looking for though, other than the generic traits one expects to find in a partner. Having never had a girlfriend, it's simply a lack of experience in order to determine my "type". I have a lot of difficulty getting up the nerve to ask a girl out, and the few times I have, have been bluntly rejected. So, I lack the confidence which people say girls look for in a guy. Self esteem has never been one of my strong points. I'd guess I'm more like that always helpful friend in a movie that the girl doesn't seem to notice; I've been told I am.

Oh, and none of those petty high-school relationships. Something serious, unlike the situations where people are saying "omgz, ilu ntil i die!11!!" for a month or two, and then get involved with all sorts of self created "drama"(I hate that term), and break up. Nothing could annoy me more. Clingy people don't do well in relationships, unless the partner is equally clingy.

Eris
06-28-2007, 03:06 AM
A rich person with feeble willpower shall be the foundation of my EMPIRE!

zyronet
06-28-2007, 05:23 AM
This is hard.
Mine would be loyal, not into smoking or any bad stuff and somehow cute in my taste [actually everything is cute for me..]. Personality would be good too. But if he's mean, there must be some goodness the remains inside that person. I don't just judge people by hearing that this person is bad, this person is blah blah blah..
Someone with a sense of humor. I think?
More to be added..

~UB~
06-28-2007, 02:13 PM
I think so, too. Nobody whos an out-right butt face. [For lack of a better comment] Specially not a smoker or an alcoholic.

Faceless111
06-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I prefer a girl that's closely related to me. I don't know, like my sister or, in the future, my daughter.

DaSOCOM
06-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Hmm...I prefer older women. They have a refined sense of style, are fun, and most importantly: they usually have a good brain between their ears.

Someone who can be competitive yet caring, sexy but reserved, smart but not degrading to others.

Oh, and she has to love metal. Women who rock are just plain awesome. As a matter of fact, if she hits the musical taste requirement dead on, everything else is negotiable/extra goodness.

Peace,
DaSOCOM

DOOM!
06-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I only preffer hard-to-get girls. Not that i get them easy, but once you get them, it's hard to loose either them or your appetite for them.

Fisch
06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
..I guess What I really look for in a guy is,There personality. I always seem to Fall for the Shy guys..
You know,The kind that Sit in the Back of the Class room,Always scoring an 90% or Higher on there Tests.
Pretty much,A NERD. - Gigglesnort. -
I seem never to Attract those kind,Though. O o;

unspun
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
well looks are tough, because I'm a little odd. I like hair. (obviously...) so hair is the first thing that will attract me to a guy, that and a baby face, I don't like rugged looking guys, I like ones that look like they haven't done time yet, but might already know what it's like to have a broken heart. (basically someone who isn't wet behind the ears and knows how to treat a woman, since I am a woman, not a little girl)
I also tend to fall for headbangers. I still think this must be the hair.(think Motley Crue minus the makeup)

personality is easy. he has to be able to make me laugh. not once in a while, I mean the kind of person who you smile and giggle when you think about them, because they always have something funny to say. Dark humor is always a plus, but not all of the time. I like wit. Not to the point where I feel like I'm a retard around them, but I need to be able to carry on a conversation beyond "so, what's up with you"-think the movie The Sweetest Thing.

Also, no self pitying self loathing low self esteem emotards. I am very attracted to someone who knows their worth. Not someone who's ego is bigger than Pamela Anderson's, but def. not someone looking for me to fix their self esteem. This includes living with their parents at the age of 25 and so on.

Oh, and it's sort of shallow, but I like skinny guys. dunno why, never got into guys with a lot of meat on their bones.

DOOM!
06-28-2007, 03:31 PM
..I guess What I really look for in a guy is,There personality. I always seem to Fall for the Shy guys..
You know,The kind that Sit in the Back of the Class room,Always scoring an 90% or Higher on there Tests.
Pretty much,A NERD. - Gigglesnort. -
I seem never to Attract those kind,Though. O o;
You really like those? Not that i'm a girl, but, Ewwww!
You're not even trying. You don't feel strong enough to keep up with a better guy, so you think you can do better with a left-over such as a geek? You are definteley not one of those hard-to-get ones, i was talking about earlier.

well looks are tough, because I'm a little odd. I like hair. (obviously...) so hair is the first thing that will attract me to a guy, that and a baby face, I don't like rugged looking guys, I like ones that look like they haven't done time yet, but might already know what it's like to have a broken heart. (basically someone who isn't wet behind the ears and knows how to treat a woman, since I am a woman, not a little girl)

I also tend to fall for headbangers. I still think this must be the hair.(think Motley Crue minus the makeup)
Also, no self pitying self loathing low self esteem emotards. I am very attracted to someone who knows their worth. Not someone who's ego is bigger than Pamela Anderson's, but def. not someone looking for me to fix their self esteem. This includes living with their parents at the age of 25 and so on.
Hey, that sounds a tad like me, only the long hair is in all the places but my head, and i do look like an ex-con.