PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Teacher

lonemomo
06-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Sort of self explanitory. I've been looking for a Japanese teacher for a few months now. I tried to learn off the internet but I know it will never compare to a real teacher. So far I know a few sentences and basic Katakana. But I neither know grammar or proper sentence formations. Or how to read standard japanese.

So I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Converse on MSN or on the forums here. If anyone would take their time to help me it would be much appreciated.

I know its such a typical anime fan thing to do. x_x Try to learn Japanese I mean.

After highschool though, Im more than likely to move there. And I would like to know what is being said to me and how to speak and write.

I was interested in Japan and stuff before anime...just so you dont overpass this because you think im another hardcore fangirl.

Anyway, anyone who can try to teach me Japanese in Romaji...it would be...amazingly helpful.

tetekmakhang
06-25-2007, 03:45 AM
although i commend ur proactive efforts in trying to learn japanese, i dont think u can get that far by learning through msn messaging using romaji. what i recommend u do is look around ur area for someone who can speak japanese. that person doesnt have to be a native japanese speaker coz at the beginners stage, it doesnt really matter.

anyway, u need to speak, or else everything just becomes theory and u wont remember much. before i came here to japan 3 years ago, i found a chinese woman (her accent was excellent. even though at that time i barely knew japanese, i could tell it sounded 'japanese'. but not all non-native japanese speakers have good accents so be careful) who had lived in japan for abt 5 years. so i took private lessons from her for abt 3 months prior to coming here. it was a little expensive but WELL WORTH IT. especially since i was paying from my own pocket, i made sure i did my homework and read ahead ;-p

whilst for speaking and grammar, u need someone to help u, japanese script u can do by yourself. i strongly recommend u memorise hiragana and katakana and after that find yourself a kanji workbook. dont get into the habit of using romaji. its VERY bad for u. good luck!

MistressPookyChan
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
I've heard of people doing lessons over skype or another messenger that does voice and typing. That may be your best bet.

lonemomo
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
*nods* Yeah. I think you're right. I would jump on the first person who could speak japanese in my area. But I don't think anyone does. Thats the real problem. And it's not like Im in the U.S., where they have all those Mandarin and Japanese lessons in school. At my school, its french, spanish or nothing.

Thanks for your help anyways. I'll do my best to look for something.

Ertai87
06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
*nods* Yeah. I think you're right. I would jump on the first person who could speak japanese in my area. But I don't think anyone does. Thats the real problem. And it's not like Im in the U.S., where they have all those Mandarin and Japanese lessons in school. At my school, its french, spanish or nothing.

Thanks for your help anyways. I'll do my best to look for something.

lol Spanish? Man, count yourself lucky...my high school had French and English and that was it...

Variados
07-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Also you can go to your local library sometimes they got good programs...but the best is to go and meet people that are from JAPAN ( I know that is very far fetch, well in my situation is), then again you can start hanging with people with the same interest of learning japanese, and practice together.

Momokotaku
07-06-2007, 03:09 PM
well,ive heard some great sites for language senseis.But the site is in German i think.
But i think i could give you some japanese lessons.;)

riolu72x
07-18-2007, 08:59 PM
i need a teacher too more in the writing so i can send a letter to the japanese pokemon creator person to express my idea for a new pokemon game.