PDA

View Full Version : Crying during a cutscene!

shane the ninja
06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Have you ever cried during a cut scene if it was sad ?

I openley admit to crying in a cutscene i still cry when i see it the part in final fantasy 7 where aertih the flower girl dies.

bttr
06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Crying as in laughing yes,yes I have XD

And it's Aeris

shane the ninja
06-23-2007, 04:23 PM
you're mean bttr that was so sad watching cloud's true love die

Aesteri
06-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I cried at the end of the first Kingdom Hearts game. It was SO sad!

bttr
06-23-2007, 04:30 PM
you're mean bttr that was so sad watching cloud's true love die

I never played FF I mean as in other games were the cut scenes were funny -_-!II

shane the ninja
06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
don't mention the ending yet don't spoil it for me

Starblaiz
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I've almost cried during a lot of cutscenes. Which is sad in and of itself, because I usually can't cry about real-life stuff...

But I've had to hold back tears in FF7 and 10, Dirge of Cerberus, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and Advent Children, and probably more I can't remember, ashamedly.

The Governator
06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I cried of laughter at Aeris dying in FF7, it was so over-the-top and dramatic.

Crying due to sadness, hmmmm maybe Operation: Flashpoint when Cprl. Armstrong finds out the resistence leader has been killed, its a pretty sad scene, the leader of the resistance had taken in Armstrong as a fellow resistence memeber and even helped him escape Everon and Soviet capture, it leaves a lump in my throat.

Ωmega
06-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, for FF [not Final Fantasy, Fatal Frame].
The third one to be exact. Basically when Rei sees Yuu and calls out to him, then tells him that she wants to go with him in the afterlife. He tell her no, and that when she dies, he wont excists anymore...and thats why she needs to keep living.

It was so sad ;___;

Buruku
06-29-2007, 12:14 PM
No.

Rem
06-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I cried so hard at the end of final fight, I threw up.

bakakame
06-29-2007, 05:51 PM
The normal difficulty ending to Fatal Frame 2 always chokes me up a little.

A new one is the part of the Fighters Guild quest in Oblivion when you go back to waterfront to inspect the actions of the Blackwood Company. Sad, but not tear-wrenching yet.

Ryth
06-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I've never cried because of a game. I was happy when Aeris died for;

1) I don't like FFVII.

2.) I don't like Aeris.

ben01
06-29-2007, 10:46 PM
not really a cry but sometimes I feel sad when someone died during cutscenes

Guza
06-29-2007, 10:59 PM
i cant say that ive cried during a cut scene.....thats just a little too much i think, however i have been spooked during a cutscene, mainly fear on pc =/

Tempest Wind
06-29-2007, 11:19 PM
There are some sad scenes in Xenosaga(mainly ep III),but none of them really want to make you cry.

Zeta_Stryker
06-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Well Ryth, that's what sinful (even terrorists) people think. They think of nothing but their greedy selves and what they get out of it. What if it were to happen to you in real life (someone you loved that was in a similar predicament but not as harsh as the one in FFVII). Would you be happy? Of course you wouldn't.

You know I'm right, when you start feeling sorry for that person in your life that gave their life up to protect you

For me; It's scenes like FFVII or when any of the protagonists' love ones die at the hands of a antagonist (like FFVII's Sephiroth).

Ryth
06-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Well Ryth, that's what sinful (even terrorists) people think. They think of nothing but their greedy selves and what they get out of it. What if it were to happen to you in real life (someone you loved that was in a similar predicament but not as harsh as the one in FFVII). Would you be happy? Of course you wouldn't.

You know I'm right, when you start feeling sorry for that person in your life that gave their life up to protect you

For me; It's scenes like FFVII or when any of the protagonists' love ones die at the hands of a antagonist (like FFVII's Sephiroth).

Ok, it's bad when real people die. I don't give a crap about poorly constructed characters in a game with plot holes that are bigger than the sun in size and deeper than the Nothern Crater.

Neal Raven
06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
totally off topic(maybe) but i just want to point out that it is Aerith not Aeris
thats a mistranslation, the letters in the name rearranged are supposed to spell I Earth to symbolise her relation to it as last of the ancients

Masali
06-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Nope nope. Never had a videogame that actually choked me up to that extent

(Actually, I did cry once in WoW when I sold Bloodspike for 5 s instead of 5 g.)

Tetsanosuke
06-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Ok, it's bad when real people die. I don't give a crap about poorly constructed characters in a game with plot holes that are bigger than the sun in size and deeper than the Nothern Crater.

Well those 'poorly constructed characters' some how sold over 9 million copies of the game. (Wiki info, go figure.)

Anyway, I haven't cried to games, I've felt deep emotions from immersing myself in the worlds but never cried.

spleeee!
06-30-2007, 07:43 PM
no game has ever made me cry i mean if you get that emotionally involved...well...nevermind the important part is that a game has never made me cry

oh yeah and when aeris or aerith died i was cheering sephiroth on and laughing so hard when it happened. that was the best part of the game for me.

nickinerdface
07-01-2007, 06:42 AM
i.. i cried at the end of the ocarina of time? i didn't want it to be over.

GIVE ME ANOTHER TEMPLE. KILL OFF ONE OF THE SAGES (LIKE SARIA) SO I CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO DO IN THE PAST, AND SAVE YET ANOTHER CHICK FROM HER DEATH. put another bad guy! do something! JUST DON'T LET IT BE OVER!!! AHHHH.

but please don't make a game centered around a giant (UGLY) moon that'll fall out of the sky in three days if i don't collect a bajillion masks and turn them all in to get a SUPER mask to fight a little kid. that would be totally preposterous.

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
yea.. try not to flame... i havent cried in any games execpt FF x or x-2 i cant really remember.. i didnt really like the game but the stroy got to me. Thing is i havent played that many games so i guess i might in future games..

masterm
07-06-2007, 03:16 PM
almost...once I had finished the darkness and the ending with the sound almost made me cry but I held it together

Gouki
07-07-2007, 12:21 AM
I cryed at the end of Halo 2 I was getting into the game and then the ending cutscene came up and I cryed I wanted to play more.

Wio
07-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I cryed at the end of Halo 2 I was getting into the game and then the ending cutscene came up and I cryed I wanted to play more.
Video games, like Anime, want to capitalize off of peoples emotions. If you didn't have any emotion what so ever, their products wouldn't be as successful.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
07-12-2007, 01:05 PM
i laughed hysterically so hard i cryed, during KH2, when everyone thought goofy died. lol.

i cried so hard i threw up at the end of Kh the first one, mostly cuz riku went behind the door, and i was so sad, cuz i loved riku to death!

dragongundam009
07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Nope nope. Never had a videogame that actually choked me up to that extent

(Actually, I did cry once in WoW when I sold Bloodspike for 5 s instead of 5 g.)

Im with you, vidogame dont make me cry, but some anime shows do,sometimes.

Sword
07-14-2007, 11:41 AM
The end of KH a little and the end of MGS3 is probably the saddest ever. I shed a tear for Big Boss's mentor.

Faceless111
07-15-2007, 11:03 PM
I cried after I beart Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus. It's wasn't emotions that made me do so. It was the vomitous sensation that forced my glands to overreact. I threw up and stabbed my eyes out and cried blood. Fret not, I got a new pair of eyes installed by our local mad scientist.