PDA

View Full Version : MUD Thread (Text-Based MMOs) Who plays?

Niome!
06-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I've used to play a fantasy MUD which for those who don't know is everything is presented to you in text, color graphics, text art, cetera.

Dungeons, cities, everything is brought to you by descriptions and of course you engage with others by typing back and forth, though in most MUDs the general rule is you play in-character taking the text-world as it was a real world and you interact with living and non-living things as they truly were.

For many it would seem boring and very difficult as text could fly by and you have to type out commands to observe your inventory, map or terrain but once you get used to it its really interesting.

http://www.imperian.com/

That would be it. So does anyone play MUDs? Because I am thinking about getting back into this particular one I was apart of and the community, a professional MMO which is free by the way is very helpful to new people and has about 150-300 people, I'd say over a hundred are on regularly.

If anyone wants to check it out I'll come on with you and if you try it out and think you want to really play it I'll tag on with you.

We could start a Animeforums Family in their, theres a family/clan system in the MUD that you can adopt people into, have a father/mother, brothers & sisters but thats the MUD, so it would take a long time to achieve anyhow...

Darc Satos
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
yes, i play muds also, for some reason once you play them you just get addicted and dont want to stop, lol. and i would be happy to tag along w/ you

Knightmare
07-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Sounds spiffy I think I'll try it out couldnt hurt. (I hope)

Storm Strife
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
I used to be into MU*s, but stopped for some reason. Not sure why. I'm thinking about getting back into them, but I haven't made an attempt to in case I loose interest again.