PDA

View Full Version : What is the wisest age to have a child?

Ladyvangos
06-20-2007, 08:35 PM
About what age do you thnk it is a good idea to have child at? Some say around 30 others 26. What do you think?

╬Karami Mew~Meow
06-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I think, after you already have a job to supply your family. So maybe about, 26, yeah, that's old enough.

unspun
06-20-2007, 09:47 PM
hehe hmm. I was 19 when I had my first, and we're closer than a lot of families because I "remember what it's like to be a child" she says... buut, financially I probably wasn't ready, so I would say, that it depends on the person. Everybody is different. In some countries they birth children at 12, and are married then too, so it's really a matter of preference. 23 is a good age I think, because you've had 2 years of true adulthood, but you're not totally set in your ways, I dunno lol everybody is different.

Sobriquet
06-20-2007, 09:49 PM
I think 28 is the ideal age to have a child.

███
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Most people prefer to have children as young as they can cause it helps them stay younger so they can play with them more as they get older. My father had my siblings and I at an older age so he never really got to play sports with us as much as he would have liked too. Even then though he says he was too immature to have kids.

I don't want to have any children till I am around the age of thirty, by then I will be bald and probably given up on staying in shape.

One thing to remember is; either your partner or yourself will have no income for a rather long time, so the man will need to earn enough to support all three members, if not more of your familiy.

Maledictis Voca
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM
For me, I'd have to say at LEAST age 24.

Grim Scythe
06-20-2007, 10:47 PM
wisest?
most people don't really know how to raise children
well id say its not really about age more about job security and intelligence, as well as support

Devi
06-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I think when you have time and money for it is the best time... so... maybe....uh I want to say...25....

sa5m
06-20-2007, 10:56 PM
For me, the youngest age is 24.

So... I'd say between 24 and 30?

Antares
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I would like to say a certain age, but I think it's more important to be sure of the income of the family.

Luzifer
06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Never

simply put... do not procreate

Capernicus
06-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Why, according to the posters so far, is income so important, but not one person actually mentioned being married to the person you loved? To me that is of far greater importance. Money is important, but don't have kids just because you can afford them. That's just dumb. Having kids is a big responsibility, and it is much easier to do right if there are both parents involved. That's not to say that single moms or dads do a bad job, not at all. But in this day and age, with peer pressure the way it is, it's good to have some back up in the parenting department.

That said, I will not have any kids. I hate kids so don't want them and I'm gay, so can't have them the "natural" way.

Luzifer
06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
That said, I will not have any kids. I hate kids so don't want them and I'm gay, so can't have them the "natural" way.

I think this is a quote use violation. Simply, because all other methods, that I have heard of, use methods involving injections, applicators, and other means that are decidedly artificial.

Now if you wanted to say "can't have the 'moral' way' That would be a legitamate use of quotes...

but back to my point... everytime a child is born the earth cries

Ami~chan
06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
It depends. Some people are much more prepared than others to start a family. My mother had me when she was my age; I couldn't imagine having a child right now. I'm in no way prepared for it.

On the average, people are waiting until later in life to have children. While this can be a good thing considering how much more prepared you'll be, you'll be older when your children grow up. Might be harder to keep up with them.

But, once again, it's different depending on the individual.

Capernicus
06-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I think this is a quote use violation. Simply, because all other methods, that I have heard of, use methods involving injections, applicators, and other means that are decidedly artificial.

Now if you wanted to say "can't have the 'moral' way' That would be a legitamate use of quotes...

but back to my point... everytime a child is born the earth cries
Well....when they are called things like "artificial insemination" and "serrogate fathers" and the like, then I think I am perfectly justified in using the quotations. I am simply using the language that I myself would not normally use but is widely used and accepted. And that last bit about it not being "moral" might be considered offensive in certain contexts. Regardless, I am free to use whatever punctuation I so desire.

PS: I think your face is a violation. =P

EDIT: No, I'm saying that society considers it to be not a natural way of having children and I am hinting at my own disagreement with such thinking by using the quotsation marks.

Luzifer
06-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Well....when they are called things like "artificial insemination" and "serrogate fathers" and the like, then I think I am perfectly justified in using the quotations. I am simply using the language that I myself would not normally use but is widely used and accepted. And that last bit about it not being "moral" might be considered offensive in certain contexts. Regardless, I am free to use whatever punctuation I so desire.

PS: I think your face is a violation. =P

...wait... now I'm completely confused... so people thing that... artificial insemination is natural? wha?

PS: ...damn it... you made me think of a bad joke damn you

PPS: Seriously if ever loser who is genetically viable would stop having offspring there would be a lot less pollution...

Grim Scythe
06-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Why, according to the posters so far, is income so important, but not one person actually mentioned being married to the person you loved? To me that is of far greater importance. Money is important, but don't have kids just because you can afford them. That's just dumb. Having kids is a big responsibility, and it is much easier to do right if there are both parents involved. That's not to say that single moms or dads do a bad job, not at all. But in this day and age, with peer pressure the way it is, it's good to have some back up in the parenting department.

parenting is like school in importance
its not constantly necessary, nor is it constantly needed
money on the other hand has a much deeper root, because in this world its a lot harder to get by without money than it is parents

also to sum it up simply so you can understand:
you can be the best friggin parent ever but for 1. if you dont have money you cant do your job 2. if your the best friggin parent, then youd have money to support your family

zyronet
06-21-2007, 04:34 AM
20 and older. Or when you are mature enough and you have the money to afford the baby's needs to support them. And when you know you are ready to have one. Its best to be prepared i think?

chohakkaiz_baby09
06-21-2007, 04:47 AM
hahaha I think it's 27 years of age... not only you have a permanent job eeerrr iiff... but you get to have enough saving for your future family... :p

NiesaxShiori
06-21-2007, 05:17 AM
around 26 until 35

Eris
06-21-2007, 05:20 AM
The question is based on the erroneous assumption that it is wise to have a child at all. Naturally, there are degrees to the unwisdom, it is more unwise to have a child when you're 16 than when you're 25, but it's still unwise.

Instead, here's what you do if you want a snotty little brat to drain your wallet for the next 20-ish years: Adopt a child. You won't contribute to the world's overpopulation problem, and you won't (if you're a woman) ruin your body.

black26
06-21-2007, 05:21 AM
i think 24 above
but find a stable job with a salary that can buy all your family needs

Ayame_Sohma
06-21-2007, 05:26 AM
i would say 23 would be the right age to have kids.but everyone is difference so its really up to them.

WIXIE
06-21-2007, 06:06 AM
For me, the youngest age is 24.

So... I'd say between 24 and 30?

Yeah! That's my answer only that maybe it 's better between 26 to 30. It's not too old or too new isn't it?

kyubichan
06-21-2007, 06:19 AM
About 25-35 years old; depending on your financial and psychological status, and especially your physiology. Some women develop more slowly than others, and even when they reach age 25, their health may be endangered by pregnancy.

Tsuna Kadiri
06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
My mom had my brother when she was 30, she had me when she was 32, my dad is 6 years older than her and they've always been able to keep up with us. And back when they had us, 30 was considered kind of old to have a child. Nowadays people are waiting until their 40's, so it's not a big thing now.

It depends on the parents and how many children they want. If you want alot, then waiting until your mid to late 30's might make it more difficult. Personally, I think late 20's to early 30's is a good age.

Capernicus
06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
parenting is like school in importance
its not constantly necessary, nor is it constantly needed
money on the other hand has a much deeper root, because in this world its a lot harder to get by without money than it is parents

also to sum it up simply so you can understand:
you can be the best friggin parent ever but for 1. if you dont have money you cant do your job 2. if your the best friggin parent, then youd have money to support your family
Wait....school isn't constantly neccessary? Okay, so let me pull my kid out of school after he/she graduates from middle school and see what kind of job he/she can get to support herself. She will have no money! All of these things are interrelated, school, parents, and money, but the way I see it is that the absolute most important thing is that there are people willing to care for that person. If one parent loses their job, then the other can pick up the slack.

Exquiro
06-21-2007, 03:54 PM
25ish? Sounds about right to me... Or 'Whenever you feel ready' ¬_¬

lafiel
06-21-2007, 04:03 PM
The question is based on the erroneous assumption that it is wise to have a child at all. Naturally, there are degrees to the unwisdom, it is more unwise to have a child when you're 16 than when you're 25, but it's still unwise.

Instead, here's what you do if you want a snotty little brat to drain your wallet for the next 20-ish years: Adopt a child. You won't contribute to the world's overpopulation problem, and you won't (if you're a woman) ruin your body.

Yeah but see natural disasters and war will help with the overpopulation i know it's harsh but it's true xD

I believe you should have kids at 20+

I would preferably want a kid at age 20 although i dont see that happening anytime soon. Having one at that age means i could actually see my kid/kids grow up.

Relic
06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
i say it all depends on the people...some people are ready for shildren younger...and some people should never have children

Exquiro
06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
i say it all depends on the people...some people are ready for shildren younger...and some people should never have children

Ah true that last bit. Some people should never have children. I'm not entirely sure what you meant by that, but I really think some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Relic
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Ah true that last bit. Some people should never have children. I'm not entirely sure what you meant by that, but I really think some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

yeah thats bout what i meant...there should be some kind of criteria people much meet first...something about not being a moron

Eris
06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah but see natural disasters and war will help with the overpopulation i know it's harsh but it's true xD

Evidently not fast enough. The world population has increased sixfold the last two hundred years.

Tempest Wind
06-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow, with numbers, anything can seem worse lol.

ThunderBird
06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
I'd say around 25

Aesteri
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
NEVER! o.o

Exquiro
06-21-2007, 05:49 PM
NEVER! o.o

Ya see there's a slight problem with that... We all stop reproducing and humanity dies out. There's no fun in not existing... No anime either >.>

BoxOfWhispers
06-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Somewhere in your 20's is a good age to have kids. For me, I want to get married at 24 and just get used to the married life first before having kids. I want to have kids when I'm 26, just because I want to hehe =P

Aesteri
06-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Ya see there's a slight problem with that... We all stop reproducing and humanity dies out. There's no fun in not existing... No anime either >.>
Oh yeah...well then, 25.

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
06-21-2007, 06:01 PM
wow...thats an akward question...but to answer i think it's wisest to have one like around 25 or something.... im not sure though.

Grim Scythe
06-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Wait....school isn't constantly neccessary? Okay, so let me pull my kid out of school after he/she graduates from middle school and see what kind of job he/she can get to support herself. She will have no money! All of these things are interrelated, school, parents, and money, but the way I see it is that the absolute most important thing is that there are people willing to care for that person. If one parent loses their job, then the other can pick up the slack.

well let me explain it
school isnt entirely needed
you cant tell me you use everytyhing youv learned, you cant say you remember all of it, you cant say that the majority of people(including those who are sucessful) didnt bs a few subjects/areas
if i meant that kids should be pulled from the schools before they complete it i wouldve stated so
im not even finished with highschool and i have done better than most people supposedly wiser than me on the asvab, a militery test which pretty much consists mainly of areas needed to get a job, and if you want to specialize then there are further tests, highschool is merely a very diluted introduction to more specific areas of knowledge and elementary school is a whole lot of uneeded repetition of subjects building up very slowly and middle school is a speed up course to get you ready for highschool, beyond that i dont know much about college

and parenting is actually being supplemented by schools, which is actually sadly needed, because people today are generally soft and stupid
teaching right and wrong, manners, respect, naughty places, correct eating habits, sex education.... all really arent taught that much by most parents, and also parents instill biases into their children- religion, politics, racism, etc

Queen Dopplepopolis!
06-22-2007, 12:22 AM
I think it just depends on who you are.
i don't believe in an "ideal" age.
and there's never really anything that can make you fully "prepared."

yes, being fully out of school, having your career started off well, and having a husband (or wife) would be great benefits.

however, no matter how many parenting classes you take, how many kids you babysit, whatever, i don't think anyone is fully prepared to have a child on their own.
having a child takes adaptation, no matter who you are.

personally, for me, i would much rather have a child when i have most to all of my priorities in order, and i do not have other things to worry about, such as schooling, or doing it on my own, or whichever.

but i think that whatever age i get pregnant is MY ideal age.

Capernicus
06-22-2007, 03:25 AM
well let me explain it
you cant tell me you use everytyhing youv learned, you cant say you remember all of it, you cant say that the majority of people(including those who are sucessful) didnt bs a few subjects/areas
if i meant that kids should be pulled from the schools before they complete it i wouldve stated so
im not even finished with highschool and i have done better than most people supposedly wiser than me on the asvab, a militery test which pretty much consists mainly of areas needed to get a job, and if you want to specialize then there are further tests, highschool is merely a very diluted introduction to more specific areas of knowledge and elementary school is a whole lot of uneeded repetition of subjects building up very slowly and middle school is a speed up course to get you ready for highschool, beyond that i dont know much about college

and parenting is actually being supplemented by schools, which is actually sadly needed, because people today are generally soft and stupid
teaching right and wrong, manners, respect, naughty places, correct eating habits, sex education.... all really arent taught that much by most parents, and also parents instill biases into their children- religion, politics, racism, etc
I'm aware of what the ASVAB is, and to be honest my friend who didn't even complete high school (rather he opted for the GED) did very well on it.

But your theory that school isn't necessary is bull. You need either a high school diploma or GED to be admitted into the military, which is about the best route you can go, as far as salary is concerned, without proceeding into higher education. The majority of those who do not have some form of college education end up working in minimum wage or factory jobs, with very little upward mobility. If money is so important to you, so is education.

And how can you say that elementary school is "a whole lot of unneeded repetition of subjects"? Are you telling me that learning how to add/subtract and mulitply/divide is "a whole lot of unneeded repetition of subjects"? How about learning basic English mechanics and spelling? Or why NOT to eat paste? It is a widely accepted fact that elementary school is where you learn the most useful knowledge as far as school careers go.

And further, your arguement basically went around in circles and no where at all. I didn't know you were a politician! You were essentially dissing school, then went on to say that it does a significant portion of parenting. How does that even support your arguement?

I suggest you take some debate classes before you sell yourself to the military.

and its very annoying my good sir when you type like this
why would you do this
why would you separate sentences with lines instead of...periods
you dont like punctuation
well that much is obvious by your posts
you also dont like capilizing
take some more english classes while your at it and then well discuss how your supposedly wiser than those older than you

Queen Dopplepopolis!
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
well let me explain it

elementary would be considered "slow" to you now, but come on, do you honestly expect seven year olds to work at the same pace as high schoolers? i honestly don't think so.

learning how to read, write, and to work out problems using logic is "uneeded?" dear, you need that in your military. how would you have passed the ASVAB if you didn't know how to read or write?

i may complain about some of the classes i am now taking seem ridiculous, but i know that i'll probably need some of the skills i am learning later on in life.
compare back then to now, when they didn't have much of these "unneeded" courses. look at how much they have accomplished and look at us now, we have accomplished much more. our society is smarter than it was 50 years ago. and you know what? most of these people who have contributed to that statement have taken these "unneeded" courses.

honestly, in your opinion, what are these uneeded courses anyhow? because i bet there's some use in them.

smile1010
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
I think you just need to be mentally prepared and physically.
also financially
=3
but I'd say around..
20-25
You should have them young so you can play around with them and enjoy life together
=]
<3

Reniti
06-22-2007, 01:49 PM
*shudder* Oh dear, birthing process. +_=
I really don't think it depends on age. You need to have a child when the time is right for you, which depends on a few factors.
1. You've gotta have some intelligence and skills caring for it's basic needs.
2. And you've gotta have money to support the baby.
T_T That was only two things. Oh well.
*shudder* Birthing process.... WTF.

UrusaiSevera
06-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Never have any at all.... but most people arent that wise >>

Ichiro Matsuchani
06-22-2007, 03:56 PM
wisest?
well id say its not really about age more about job security and intelligence, as well as supportThis is the best answer.

There is no instruction manual on how to raise a child, so the age in which you give birth to one doesn't really come in to play on that part. What is most important is that you have a good job that supplies a good, steady income, and secure household with a secure relationship with your spouse (Because it's been proven time and time again that the best scenario for a child is with a Mother and Father). That would probably push the age limit to late 20's early 30's.

sokii
06-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I'll say around in the twenties because your have you child in a young age and when they grow up have kids of there own you get to see you own grandchildren.

Capernicus
06-22-2007, 04:45 PM
(Because it's been proven time and time again that the best scenario for a child is with a Mother and Father).
Thank you! Finally someone can look beyond their wallet and see that you should only have children when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with!

keezy.
06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Thank you! Finally someone can look beyond their wallet and see that you should only have children when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with!
that's true. but i think u shouldn't be too yongue, but i think when ur like 30 u'll be too old. so i'd say about 25-27 (something like that)

Tetsanosuke
06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Well I say after you've had your education and you have a job. A job that can support you and your Significant other plus however many children. If both parents get a job then, that's great. But that has other things effecting the whole child raising bit.

I say be prepared, and however long it takes is when it is most wise.

(On another note, there are those that actually 'Want to' raise children, and have a family[Of own blood]. Like me. So whatever responsibility it takes, you'd better be ready for it.)

Grim Scythe
06-23-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm aware of what the ASVAB is, and to be honest my friend who didn't even complete high school (rather he opted for the GED) did very well on it.

But your theory that school isn't necessary is bull. You need either a high school diploma or GED to be admitted into the military, which is about the best route you can go, as far as salary is concerned, without proceeding into higher education. The majority of those who do not have some form of college education end up working in minimum wage or factory jobs, with very little upward mobility. If money is so important to you, so is education.

And how can you say that elementary school is "a whole lot of unneeded repetition of subjects"? Are you telling me that learning how to add/subtract and mulitply/divide is "a whole lot of unneeded repetition of subjects"? How about learning basic English mechanics and spelling? Or why NOT to eat paste? It is a widely accepted fact that elementary school is where you learn the most useful knowledge as far as school careers go.

And further, your arguement basically went around in circles and no where at all. I didn't know you were a politician! You were essentially dissing school, then went on to say that it does a significant portion of parenting. How does that even support your arguement?

I suggest you take some debate classes before you sell yourself to the military.

and its very annoying my good sir when you type like this
why would you do this
why would you separate sentences with lines instead of...periods
you dont like punctuation
well that much is obvious by your posts
you also dont like capilizing
take some more english classes while your at it and then well discuss how your supposedly wiser than those older than you

you've never dealt with money problems have you?

have i not said that you shouldn't take your children out of school?
does saying that its very inefficient make you understand better?
elementary schools spends years with a whole lot of unnecessary reinforcement with subjects that are absorbed the easiest out of everything learned in school.
also try to not make mistakes while criticizing me about the way i type and my punctuation i.e. "capilizing" as well as "dont"
also on the topic of how unnecessary school can get is that we spend a year on basic math and then later on we spend a week on a formula and its applications
if you don't see an issue there then please stop arguing now, for your input means nothing to me then
also mechanics and spelling, i didn't learn how to spell from school, i learned from the books i read, as well as comprehension, and i hate grammar, its crap, iv never been able to learn it because its rules are the most pointless information ever! but in high school i spend very little time on higher math so as to only get a taste of it, but ill bet in college I'd spend a lot more time applying that math

Anpan Hayase
06-23-2007, 08:24 PM
I think at least late 20's to mid 30's. You should be wisened around this age. You'll have really settled with a career. I mean, if, I certainly mean if, I have a child, I's make sure I was ready for it. The future seemed good, a nice, nice town. Y'know, that stuff.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
07-07-2007, 03:28 PM
my mother got pregnat with me when she was 19 and had me when she was 20. i think you should be able to support a child finacially before you try to have one. i think that the age people are having children now are too young but i dont wanna be the oldest mother in the book of records either. you know? i think age 23-26 is the wisest.

Click here
07-07-2007, 03:43 PM
between 16-70

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 03:45 PM
between 16-7016 is waay too young to have a child. That would mean the person is still in high school.

Click here
07-07-2007, 03:49 PM
16 is waay too young to have a child. That would mean the person is still in high school.

i know that but it's perfectly fine for a 16 year old to have a baby
but having a baby at that age has it's consequences

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 03:55 PM
i know that but it's perfectly fine for a 16 year old to have a baby
but having a baby at that age has it's consequencesThen it's not perfectly fine to have a baby at that age. Don't start contradicting yourself again.

Click here
07-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Then it's not perfectly fine to have a baby at that age. Don't start contradicting yourself again.

.........it's not fine if you're 16.. but it's not all the time having a baby at 16 means death, i didn't meant it that way
but it's normal having a baby when you're 16, but it's not fine...k?

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 04:02 PM
.........it's not fine if you're 16.. but it's not all the time having a baby at 16 means death, i didn't meant it that way
but it's normal having a baby when you're 16, but it's not fine...k?It's not normal having a baby at that age. You know what? I'm not going to argue with you, because nothing I say is going to penetrate that thick skull of yours. Let the charts do the talking.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr54/nvsr54_02.pdf

Click here
07-07-2007, 04:04 PM
damn right i have a thick skull, but who's going to stop teenagers from having sex at 16? nobody... it's always going to happen even if it's not right...

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 04:06 PM
damn right i have a thick skull, but who's going to stop teenagers from having sex at 16? nobody... it's always going to happen even if it's not right...Did you read that chart? No? I didn't think so.

Click here
07-07-2007, 04:08 PM
nope :D
but im saying, teenagers are sometimes foolish they will always make babies at 16 of age, k?

AngelQueen17
07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I think the wisest age to have a child would be ages 16 and under <---(that one is for the worst age to have a child). Also, 30 and higher....

What about 50??

Click here
07-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I think the wisest age to have a child would be ages 16 and under <---(that one is for the worst age to have a child). Also, 30 and higher....

What about 50??

see what i mean ichiro? :O

hyperazn4ever
07-07-2007, 04:16 PM
i think about 25

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 04:27 PM
see what i mean ichiro? :OJust because people support your illogical opinion doesn't mean that it's right. Plus, she's 13. What does she know about child birth?

Click here
07-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Just because people support your illogical opinion doesn't mean that it's right. Plus, she's 13. What does she know about child birth?

she didnt support it lol, i just said "see what i mean" because more people thinks having kids at the age of 16 is something prevent from happening
even if it's not right.. it will happen:cool:

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 04:32 PM
she didnt support it lol, i just said "see what i mean" because more people thinks having kids at the age of 16 is something prevent from happening
even if it's not right.. it will happen:cool:You're missing the entire point of the thread. WHAT IS THE WISEST AGE TO HAVE A CHILD, not WHEN DO MOST PEOPLE HAVE CHILDREN.

Click here
07-07-2007, 04:34 PM
ummm duh, and i said it's wise for a 16 years old to have baby :)

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 04:37 PM
ummm duh, and i said it's wise for a 16 years old to have baby :)Wise for a 16 year old to have a baby? Are you insane? What is good about a 16 year old having a baby?!

Let's put it like this. I had a friend at my school who had sex with his girlfriend, and she got pregnant. They would not allow her to have an abortion, and she didn't want to give it away for adoption. So she had to drop out of school in order to take care of it.

MEANWHILE, the friend of mine had to go get a job to support his accidental family. He also had to drop out of school to do so. So they completely missed out on a college education and a possible career doing what they wanted, just because they had a child.

Click here
07-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Wise for a 16 year old to have a baby? Are you insane? What is good about a 16 year old having a baby?!

Let's put it like this. I had a friend at my school who had sex with his girlfriend, and she got pregnant. They would not allow her to have an abortion, and she didn't want to give it away for adoption. So she had to drop out of school in order to take care of it.

MEANWHILE, the friend of mine had to go get a job to support his accidental family. He also had to drop out of school to do so. So they completely missed out on a college education and a possible career doing what they wanted, just because they had a child.

dude im not trying to disagree or agree with you
im just saying that, a 16 year old having a baby doesn't means she's going to die.. or lose the baby, or die with the baby
they have the body to handle it, so therefore it's sort of wise for them
to have the baby!
i never said a 16 year old having a baby isn't bad.. cause it is.. it destroys their future and their lifetime of fun

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-07-2007, 04:46 PM
dude im not trying to disagree or agree with you
im just saying that, a 16 year old having a baby doesn't means she's going to die.. or lose the baby, or die with the baby
they have the body to handle it, so therefore it's sort of wise for them
to have the baby!
i never said a 16 year old having a baby isn't bad.. cause it is.. it destroys their future and their lifetime of funHere's the problem. You're misusing the word "wise", it's making it sound like you think it's a good idea.

Click here
07-07-2007, 04:49 PM
if im making it sound like it's a good thing.. then so be it, cause it's a bad thing ..k?

AngelQueen17
07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Okay....stop fighting people!! If you guys keep arguing about this then the thread will get closed.

Mitchy Slick
07-07-2007, 04:59 PM
*removed*

ben01
07-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I think 25 above.. but it depends on how your daily life runs.. you must have a stable job to support your child or your family..

NiesaxShiori
07-08-2007, 11:14 PM
I think 25 until 30..

p/s: i think ichiro was right..

Interpreter
07-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm... I think it's preferably after the age of thirty. Because its the time when a person had matured wholly, physically and psychologically, to be able to have a child and raise them well.

Click here
07-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Okay....stop fighting people!! If you guys keep arguing about this then the thread will get closed.

we're discussing not arguing

Princess Cupcake
07-08-2007, 11:22 PM
23 is a good age I think, because you've had 2 years of true adulthood
Legal adulthood.

I am not going to guess a number of age but I instinctively believe that when you have all the needed qualifications that makes you ready for children. All that matters is being prepared to support it well enough.

Marshmallow Fluff
07-09-2007, 02:45 AM
I think between the ages of 25 and 30.

Ollie
07-09-2007, 04:12 AM
The answer is: whenever you're ready for them.

As for when that is, there is no set age or date for when someone can handle having a kid, the same way there's no set age for when an individual is prepared physically and mentally for having sexual intercourse. Being a parent is a big sacrifice as well, and one that requires a lot of maturity that takes many people a LOT of time to get.

My parents met in their early twenties and married in their mid-twenties; my older sister was born when my mother was around 30 (I came along 5 years later). They're still married and happy together.

Being financially independent IS important - just as important, if not more, than being with the right partner when you have children. Marriage isn't just marrying who you are in love with, but who you can BE with - that means someone who helps support you and vice versa, working together, etc. I could never marry some irresponsible, jobless loser no matter how much I loved him, because it would almost guarantee to bring an end in divorce.

It's ESPECIALLY important to be financially stable when you have children because, if you didn't notice, good parents can't afford to be selfish. Children come first always, and they're pretty demanding just to sustain.

Know how I mentioned above that my parents are not only still together, but happy together? That's because they were patient. They didn't just fall in love and get married. They dated for four years without too much serious consideration about marriage, 'til one day my mom asked my dad if they were gonna get married or what? and he responded with a, "Okay." They both finished good schooling and had good jobs in (what was then) a stable economy before my sister was born. I know too many people who were in love and got married, then realized, hey, this isn't working. Mostly because of money issues -- they couldn't support themselves.

but it's normal having a baby when you're 16, but it's not fine...k?
then a few posts later...

ummm duh, and i said it's wise for a 16 years old to have baby
Lulz.

BlazingSoul
07-09-2007, 04:49 AM
That's easy. If you think that it's the right time and You're financially stable.

Faceless111
07-09-2007, 04:58 AM
if im making it sound like it's a good thing.. then so be it, cause it's a bad thing ..k?...What?! This circular statement makes my brain bleed!

As for children and the age to have them. Well, I'd hope to have a child that's about 0 years old. But the parents age should be whenever. My sister had her first kid when she was 16, and the kid's fine (although a bit snotty and evil). It's whenever the parent(s) are ready for the kids and their ability to properly tend to the little brats.

Ookie
07-09-2007, 07:18 AM
This is a question that can't really be answered to fit everyone, it depends on your finances, your free time, your available space.... and all the other things you need for having a child, I'm one of the people who'd rather adopt a child then have one. And If I do it'll be around the age of 25.

Aki no iko
07-13-2007, 06:24 AM
I'd suggest at least 21. Also depending on your lifestyle and finances and all that other stuff.

It really depends on the both of you, not just one. Make sure you're both ready to handle a bundleofjoy. It isn't gonna be all joy joy>>

And I'd say 40 is the maximum age to me. Because it increases the chances of having a baby with down syndrome and that's not good at all for the parents or the child. That's just me though.

Hitsugaya389
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
You shouldn't be aking this. When the time comes you will know. If you think you're ready, then you are.

mitsuki tensei
07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
i think the wisest age is 30yrs; by then you should have achieved most of what you wanted and should have a roof over your head. so you can afford to have kids around that time...........

Variados
07-13-2007, 05:43 PM
About what age do you thnk it is a good idea to have child at? Some say around 30 others 26. What do you think?
As long you are mature enough to understand what to have a family of your own takes then you are ready. For a girl that can be between 18 and 27... a guy maybe between 26 and 38. Some people never mature...so it is better than they do not have kids...others mature very early and know exactly at what age they want to start a family...some times kids believe that they are ready...but they are not...some kids are so mature for their age, that to have a family is not even in their mind cuz they are worry about the whole world.

Acnologia
07-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm with Ollie. If you think you are ready to take on the responsibility of having a child and raising it with love and care than go for it. You shouldn't have a baby if you don't feel ready, even if you are 30 or older it doesn't matter, everyone is different.

Daimastuny
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Ahh....Ollie said it all....
Oh and isn't it harder or at times a risk for women over 30 to have a child? just throwing that out there.

Lunafreya Fleuret
07-13-2007, 07:53 PM
The proper time/age is when after you finish school completely. =o

Princess Cupcake
07-13-2007, 07:58 PM
The proper time/age is when after you finish school completely. =o
What if you're furthering your education? My niece was born when my brother's girlfriend (the mother) was in college. That family is doing decent. I think my brother was still in high school also.

tears of sorrow
07-14-2007, 12:33 AM
at 25, or after you have a good job. 25, so youi can be young for your chile and be with them longer.

Mokatu
07-14-2007, 12:39 AM
eh like 24, cuz ud probaly have a job and stuff and also u would probaly kno some stuff bout raising a family =)

Music Fiend
07-14-2007, 01:57 AM
When you feel as though you're financially stable enough, you have the "right" (someone who is committed to you; whatever other standards, within reason, you may have) partner, you can bring a baby into this world without suddenly wanted to abandon said baby because of irresponsible (thinking of young teens, in that case, refusing to use condoms) actions on your part or lack of confidence in some part of your relationship or life...THEN, you might just be ready. There is no set age for all of this to come to fruition - hell, it's best that some people not have children at all because they are THAT idiotic and immature. You need to "know" you're ready...not just "think" or "guess" you are. You never know when that easy way out could be taken away from you, so you better make damn sure you have your life in order - the baby deserves that much.

Elphaba
07-14-2007, 02:43 PM
in my opinion 26.

ShadowGoddess
07-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I say in your 20's is good and 30's =] when your out of school!! it'll be alot easier on you and the child then.

RockStar
07-14-2007, 10:16 PM
never. sex is bad mmm k?

Wio
07-14-2007, 10:48 PM
wisest?
That's BS. You don't need to know 'how to raise a child', you need to be responsible and such. Most people are responsible enough to not get into jail so I think most people could raise a child if they really wanted to...

It's a problem of 'wanting to raise' rather than 'knowing how to raise'.

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-14-2007, 10:50 PM
There is no instruction manual to how to raise a child. It's not about when you know how to raise them. It's more about when you think that you're ready financially and mentally.

Regiao Hyuhia
07-14-2007, 10:58 PM
It depends on the person I suppose. Like my mother had her first when she was 31. Then had me when she was 34. A little old but we're all managing just fine. So I would say 25-34 is the best time.

Grim Scythe
07-22-2007, 02:47 AM
hm i probably shouldnt come back to this since its old but people debated me again....

no actually people need some knowledge on raising a child, prior to any attempts of conception, its not something people are generally inately good at, otherwise there wouldnt be soo much crap in the world

There is no instruction manual to how to raise a child
um go to a barnes and noble, and ask any worker their for their child care books

It's more about when you think that you're ready financially and mentally.
since when do people know when theyre ready for anything? kids think theyre ready to smok and have sex and drink, but that doesnt mean theyre ready, people think theyre ready for a relationship and then run screaming

It's a problem of 'wanting to raise' rather than 'knowing how to raise'.
wait, you mean like, like wanting something and then neglecting it? i know many people who take too much for granted, most wouldnt see a kid as any different

( i wish i could somehow bottle reality, and inject people with it, but that wouldnt be very realistic would it?)

Wio
07-22-2007, 03:04 AM
wait, you mean like, like wanting something and then neglecting it? i know many people who take too much for granted, most wouldnt see a kid as any different

( i wish i could somehow bottle reality, and inject people with it, but that wouldnt be very realistic would it?)
I said "wanting to raise". Neglecting a child is the opposite of "wanting to raise". Thus, if you neglect a child, you obviously lack the "wanting to raise" factor that I was talking about. Someone who neglects a child but "knows how to raise" it has obviously not accomplished anything.

Fabala
07-22-2007, 03:25 AM
While it is unwise to have children (health reasons) past, say, late 40's/early 50's, I don't believe there is one "best" age. It's like anything else- people are going to be ready at different points in their life, if at all. Some are comfortable having a child at a young age while still making their way into a career and financial stability. Some are more comfortable waiting until they feel able to afford another mouth to feed. Some have other, more personal reasons.

It's like asking when it is best to get married. You'll get several ranges of responses, but it will still come down to the individuals involved. Things such as marriage and having children should not be taken lightly. They are each major steps in life, and shouldn't be ruled by "the norm" but by the feelings, needs, and circumstances having to do with those involved.

Grim Scythe
07-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I said "wanting to raise". Neglecting a child is the opposite of "wanting to raise". Thus, if you neglect a child, you obviously lack the "wanting to raise" factor that I was talking about. Someone who neglects a child but "knows how to raise" it has obviously not accomplished anything.

you dont understand, i was pointing out how people are fickle.
their minds change before they know it, generally due to the fact that they run from responsibility, and many doubt themselves, you can "want" all you want to but thats not going to change how ready you are

Guza
07-22-2007, 04:42 PM
what ever age you feel most comfortable with is my choice

Wio
07-22-2007, 04:47 PM
you dont understand, i was pointing out how people are fickle.
their minds change before they know it, generally due to the fact that they run from responsibility, and many doubt themselves, you can "want" all you want to but thats not going to change how ready you are
Well, if someone changes their mind, they are no longer "wanting to raise" a child. Thus it is still a problem of "wanting to raise" a child.
We're agreeing more than we are disagree, really.

When you want something, you do what it takes. There are many people who probably weren't "ready" to have a child, but because they loved their child and wanted to raise them into decent human beings, that is what happened.

Grim Scythe
07-22-2007, 05:12 PM
i said the "want" can and does change alot, i'll leave it as such

also, circumstance>want, not everything is solved by "trying really hard", not that it doesn't happen, its just a rare occurance

Wio
07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
You original statement was "most people don't know how to raise a child" not "most people aren't in the right circumstances to raise a child".

Look, many people these days don't want to raise children because it will impede on their narcicistic lives. You don't need to be well educated to be a good parent. What is important is that you are responsible and want to raise the kid.

.Lovebeat
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Uh... I think a good idea is to have actually been LIVING YOUR LIFE after all the study - is the time to get a child/build a family.
I wouldn't get a child at a young age (before being an adult) and I wouldn't get it right after I'm done with all the studies. I'd say... turn 26 before you get a child.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
07-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Since when is having a little bastard wise?

Zoga
07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I would say 28-30 because you should have freetime (with the loving person)like: Travelling see the world, drive 2seet sportcars, go to partys and more. If you have a child you cant do things like this you have too much responsibility. ;)