PDA

View Full Version : Thread closed, Missing, etc?

Myrra
06-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Did your thread suddenly get closed?
Is it now missing in action?
Did you get a PM from me about a thread you created?
THIS IS ALL DUE TO YOUR FAILURE TO READ THE RULES!!!

I try so hard to keep things simple, but still so many here fail to look at the sticky note at the top of this forum that reads, Forum Rules: Please Read (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=52717)

I'm no longer sending PMs to offenders to let them know why their thread was closed, moved, axed or whatever.
I will start issuing infractions for failure to read and follow the rules as the bad reps seem not to be doing much to stem the tide of spammy threads. I don't care if you're new or old or whatever.
I assume since you're here that you are at least functionally literate which means I fully expect you to take a few moments to read the rules.
I expect you to use the search feature before creating a new thread to make sure there isn't one already on the band you're interested in.
If it's closed, PM me and let me know. I will either re-open it for you, or send you a note saying you can start a new one.

THANK YOU!!

Mugetsu
06-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Sad thing is that most offenders probably won't read this either.

Myrra
06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I realise that, but they will not be able to plead ignorance with me as I have made it quite plain what the consequences are for failing to follow the rules. I've already issued one infraction today and nearly tempted to issue a second to the same offender. Ignorance of the rules when they are in plain view is unacceptable and I'm not going to tolerate it.
I do have a life! And as I'm stuck on dial-up, spending ages closing and moving threads is no picnic! Nor is that how I wish to spend what free time I have.
When you see threads that fail to follow the rules, just send me a PM with a link, please.

crunchy
11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I read the rules, slowly and thoroughly before posting a thread, I always read the rules, I dont understand why we cant just post a band and ask who listens to them, if people want to find out who they are, all they have to do is look, its called google. o-o