PDA

View Full Version : Beat Crusaders

Gjallarhorn
06-17-2007, 11:42 PM
The Beat Crusaders have become fairly popular as of late, which I'd probably attribute to them having their song "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" as an opening theme song for Bleach.

They are an "experimental rock" group from Japan who sing in both English and Japanese. Much of their earlier music was in English, and more of the newer stuff is in Japanese. I refer to them as "experimental rock" because they often change their sound, both gradually over time, and greatly between individual tracks on an album. Their music use to be heavy on bass(though it still is for the most part), and they did a lot of stuff with synthesizers(though they still use them frequently).

I started listening to them in 2004, and became a much bigger fan after they did most of the music in the anime series BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad during late 2004 and early 2005. I have all of their albums, with the exception of the first. My favorite songs(in order) are "Another Time/Another Story", "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight", "Love Discord", and "Moon on the Water".

Their new album, EpopMaking, came out recently, so I was prompted to make a thread.

Masali
06-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I've been a quasai-fan since I first heard them in BECK. I really dug "Hit In the USA", "Love Discord", "Moon on the Water", and "Super Ko Rider". Other than that though...not much exposure to them. "Tonight Tonight Tonight" was good, but I like Genesis' "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" better =P

And the Engrish they sing in can be a turn off since it's...well, pretty bad xD. But other than that, they're a solid band.

Capernicus
06-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey, I love HIT IN THE USA. :3 It's just too funny.

But I've never really heard of their other songs, so I can't tell if they are good or not. But, as a general rule, I like music not artists (kinda my same rule for books too).