PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

koikazeflip
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
im just wondering what everyone thinks of the Apple iPhone.. it's supposed to be released on june 29.. personally i think the iPhone looks really cool.. i like all the ways the iPhone can be used like in the commercials.. i'd probably be to confused to figure out how to work the iPhone correctly.. also there's no way i would pay around $500-600 for an iPhone..

The specifications as listed on Apple's website are:

* Screen size: 8.9 cm (3.5 in)
* Screen resolution: 320×480 pixels at 160 ppi
* Input method: Multi-touch screen interface (the "Home" button is the iPhone's only physical front panel button)
* Operating System: OS X
* Storage: 4 or 8 GB Flash memory
* Quad band GSM (GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900)
* WiFi (802.11b/802.11g), EDGE and Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
* 2 megapixel camera
* Built-in rechargeable, non-removable battery with up to 5 hours of talk/video/browsing or up to 16 hours of audio playback
* Size: 115×61×11.6 mm (4.5×2.4×0.46 in)
* Weight: 135 g (4.8 oz)

***from wikipedia.com

so is anyone out there getting an iPhone? what does everyone else think about the iPhone?

Eris
06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't even have regular phone, let a lone a cellphone. So no, I'll probably not get an eye phone any time soon.

DannehB
06-14-2007, 03:59 PM
;)Well i have an Ipod Video [30Gb] and i have a pretty decent contract phone so i dont think i need one but i sure as hell want one! Got a picture or anything to upload?

Capernicus
06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I think they are trying to make handheld devices too small and do too much. Like the PSP, which is not as sucessful as the Nintendo DS. I will not buy a PSP not only because I'm a die hard Nintendo fan, but also because of all the extra features I don't want nor need. I just want to play video games, not store music and pictures too.

It's the same with the iPhone. Does too much imo. Take some of that stuff off and then I'll buy it. Or I can just by an iPod for significantly less.

Princess Cupcake
06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm behind when it comes to handheld devices like Eris: I don't have a cellphone and my landline is a piece of crap. (No caller ID, no call waiting, no speaker phone, no nothing special or convenient.) And even though I want an iPhone, I wont get it. I don't have the money for those things. I might end up getting one when they stop being trendy.

The Governator
06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
I don't need a phone that can play music, take perfect pictures, play entire TV shows, access the interweb, cook my dinner, drive my car etc etc, so the iPhone is pretty useless to me.

I still don't understand why everyone has to have the last 500gb mp3 player, or the lastest phone that can do anything, seriously, is it that people are so vain now they have to have the latest gizmo, or are they affraid they will look "poor" if they don't have a £500 phone-ipod in one.

Tsuna Kadiri
06-14-2007, 07:16 PM
It looks cool. But I've already got a 60GB Video iPod, so all together I think it would be too much for me.

But I'd love to play around with one if someone I knew got one. Some of the features look pretty fun.

Sobriquet
06-14-2007, 07:25 PM
iPhone seems like a great thing however, it's not a necessity for me.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, I want it. Not to look cool, but because I like it.

I had a sidekick and it was my baby, most definitely. Now I no longer have it, so.. =/ blah. My iPod was also stolen, so I am without that.

I could definitely wear that thing out.
I've been having more than enough free time, and I'm going to be traveling a lot soon, so it'd be really useful to me.

Music, camera, phone, internets, & more? yesss.

sa5m
06-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Cell phones should stick to what they're best at-- calling. XD Not holding music or taking camera shots. ^^;;

But I guess some people like those little compact things cuz they are more convenient.

bakakame
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
If someone offers me a free iPhone, I'd take it. Or an iPhone for $20 I'd take it.

If I had $600 to spend on a phone, I'd be investing it into a new TV or a PS3 or something a tad more useful.

I currently have a cell phone, just seldome use it. It's supposed to be for emergencies (you know you'll never need it until you don't have one....) but I mostly use it for ordering pizza from work. It only cost $20 with the contract, and I get a free replacement of equal value in 3 years, 2 years by now. Yea I don't know when I'd want to watch TV or take pictures with it right now....

jewel2sparkle
06-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm not spending my money on all that....but It would be cool to be able to test it out.

Anpan Hayase
06-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I hate how I just got a cool Pink Razr and then that comes out. >/

Exquiro
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I heard a roumor that if you buy an iPhone it eats your soul >.>

No I'm not going to buy an iPhone, I don't want one either. They look neat but the way I see it, you want a camera, you buy a camera, you want a computer, you buy a computer, you want a music player, you buy a music player, you want a phone... you buy a phone.

Tempest Wind
06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Ill just stick to my Razr that already holds music lol.

Elphaba
06-29-2007, 06:19 PM
I would love to have an iPhone. but i don't know if i would pay so much money for it. I would be able to figure it out but it would take a while. teehee^^

smile1010
06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Idk, but from what I've seen, I really really want one..
It's like 500 dollars too.
I'd pay that.

Rem
06-29-2007, 06:28 PM
As much as I want to love the Iphone 500$+4gigs of memory=LOLZ. The idea is great, but I can wait until they make a version with some memory.

Wio
06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Well, I hate the design for two key reasons:
1. Everything is touch-screen, so input has to take up the screen. a flip-over keypad or something should have been added.
2. The batteries are internal, so it is going to be a B to replace them.
3. It in no way looks like a phone. It has certain phone qualities, but it remindes me of a PSP.

uchiha_siy
06-30-2007, 08:51 AM
I am a big fan of most apple products (altho the apple tv thing was pretty lame imo) and im really looking forward to the iphone, as soon as i have the money ill be trying and probably buying one :D

ben01
06-30-2007, 09:07 AM
can you use that thing to scrub your body while taking a bath? :D :D :D

uchiha_siy
06-30-2007, 09:37 AM
yep and it dispenses toilet roll XD

Erikai
06-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I would love to get my hands on an iPhone, but my grandad is paying for alot of stuff for me already, and I may have to wait until the prices go down. If I could get my hands on it I would sell my iPod shuffle, cd player, cell phone, cd's, and maybe my digital camera, but don't you dare try to take my computer away from me!

WickedAsianAngel
06-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Ahh, I got one! Mommy and Daddy pre-ordered it for my my b-day!!

DarkMoonPrince
06-30-2007, 12:11 PM
lol, i like the iPhone, But I don't know whether if i should buy it or not...

Queen-of-Mars
06-30-2007, 02:29 PM
The phone is pretty cool. There was a review out that said the call quality wasn't that great. lol. Oh well, the features of the phone are awesome. Before I switched to T-Mobile and my Dash pda, I was going to save up for the iPhone. Oh well! People were sleeping outside of the Cingular store here. o_O Was pretty funny.

Myrra
06-30-2007, 02:54 PM
The paper this morning reported that 100 or more people queued up for a chance to buy one outiside on of the 11 stores in the area selling it.
That's incredible!
If I hadn't just bought a new phone already, I'd've liked to have my hands on one. But I'll just have to wait another year and then I can switch end my contract with my current provider and go AT&T if they still have exclusivity with the iPhone.
Perhaps by then it will be even better.

Lunafreya Fleuret
06-30-2007, 04:00 PM
...The apple iPhone sucks. =/ I'd rather just have one imported from another country or something. Not something from that company.

Princess Cupcake
06-30-2007, 04:58 PM
It is around the 500 dollar price range here. More on eBay. It dropped yesterday I think. If yesterday was the twenty-ninth. The news showed people lined up to buy it in front of a mall store. I was extra jealous. I already have an iPod but no USB cord to use the iPod. They seem to like releasing things and then coming out with something better so that you want it more than what you've just bought.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-30-2007, 06:29 PM
I think the iPhone will give you Super AIDS and/or make Baby Jesus cry, but that's me.