PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Manson

KeoKyzuki
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
I personally think this guy is a freak I mean he wears nothing but White and Black and he releases a album called "Eat me , Drink me"? This guy scares me. But I was curious if anybody out their actually likes him. if you do it's fine I won't judge you I have just been wondering.

unspun
06-13-2007, 12:53 PM
yeah sometimes. not often though. maybe on the weekends. "Eat Me Drink Me" was because he did a video in correspondence with the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory. he's a weirdo because it gets him attention, much like the rest of the goths.

Masali
06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
He's such an annoyance. I mean, seriously, he has what...one hit that's NOT a cover? And he butchered "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode...blasphemous. And he's such an attention slut. He verbally attacked Gerard Way (Lead Singer of MCR) calling him some kind of "Poser" and some garbage like "If you really want to nail my genre of music then here's a razor blade and call me when you're done." Honestly, he needs to shut the F up. The pioneer of the ultimate Poser music calling another of his fellow posers a...well, poser. He needs to get over himself.

bttr
06-13-2007, 05:13 PM
He needs to be shot.End of topic!.

hameht
06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah. He's one of my favorite artists. Sure, he is an attention seeker, but I don't judge him for whatever he does. He's got good music, and I like a lot of his remakes of songs like "Personal Jesus" and "Tainted Love"...He's scary looking, but that's what makes him unique...And Masali...He's got a point with Gerard Way...He is a poser, along with almost all bands. If your going to be unique, then prepared to get copied. With those punk/emo bands it's quite an easy trend and that's how people like him even make it into the business. Punk is a dying breed and emo is it's annoying younger sibling. :closedeye

Capernicus
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
He redid Tainted Love?? O_O Dear god I bet it was crap..

The only song by him I like is Dope Show. That's it. :3

Masali
06-13-2007, 05:40 PM
He's got a point with Gerard Way...He is a poser, along with almost all bands. If your going to be unique, then prepared to get copied. With those punk/emo bands it's quite an easy trend and that's how people like him even make it into the business. Punk is a dying breed and emo is it's annoying younger sibling.

1. He has no point. He's a poser along with Gerard. The fact that he's a "Freak" is a publicity stunt in and itself and thus makes him a poser. Also, I don't consider him "punk" because he covered a Clash song doesn't mean he's punk.

2. Marilyn Manson isn't unique. At all. It's like a heavier Depeche Mode but with overly distorted guitars and talentless musicians (Except John 5, he ain't bad.)

3. MCR is probably the only Emo-ish band I will listen to. Because Frank Iero and Ray Toro really compliment each other very well, and Gerard has a unique voice and can really hit some different kind of notes. He's got talent. I mean, *I* can sing like Manson if I had enough effects running through my amp.

hameht
06-13-2007, 05:51 PM
1. He has no point. He's a poser along with Gerard. The fact that he's a "Freak" is a publicity stunt in and itself and thus makes him a poser. Also, I don't consider him "punk" because he covered a Clash song doesn't mean he's punk.

2. Marilyn Manson isn't unique. At all. It's like a heavier Depeche Mode but with overly distorted guitars and talentless musicians (Except John 5, he ain't bad.)

3. MCR is probably the only Emo-ish band I will listen to. Because Frank Iero and Ray Toro really compliment each other very well, and Gerard has a unique voice and can really hit some different kind of notes. He's got talent. I mean, *I* can sing like Manson if I had enough effects running through my amp.

I'm DEFINITELY not labeling MM as punk. That would be foolish. MM is unique compared to most bands out there nowadays....I consider 'different' unique. I don't see too many people like Marilyn out there unless you go to a convention. But I'm glad you see it my way, because we both think Marilyn is unique. The definition of a freak is: any abnormal phenomenon or product or unusual object; anomaly; aberration.
In which unique means: not typical; unusual
They both share the same trait: unusual
Gerard has no more unique voice of Marylin because if you listen to The Used and MCR you'll find they sound awfully similar. I'm sure we could all sound like Gerard Way aswell--crap. He has to highten his voice with technology, if you've ever heard him live, he's not that good. But from now, if you want to argue, just not on here, becuase I'm already ashamed that I could waste such spamming on you.

Masali
06-13-2007, 08:01 PM
definition of a freak is: any abnormal phenomenon or product or unusual object; anomaly; aberration.
In which unique means: not typical; unusual
They both share the same trait: unusual

I think his appearance is unique. His appearance is freakish, his personality is freakish. But someone who's THAT unique and has such a different view of life and such a musical mind...I expected better. having to twist my words around in your favor, when I clearly said nothing of the sort, to prove your point is a REALLY bad way to win an argument. I never said his music was different. I don't even remember saying his appearance was different because I know better. I can go to the mall and find 10 marilyn manson's in about 6 minutes. How can someone who's hits mostly consist of cover songs be unique? And the music he has written himself? God awful. If John 5 wasn't such a good guitarist then Marilyn Manson would have nothing.

I find really nothing unique about his music. It's typical hard rock, with a bit of an industrial edge (only in the drumming).

He has to highten his voice with technology, if you've ever heard him live, he's not that good.

HAHAHAHAHA! WOW! He has to heighten his voice with TECHNOLOGY huh!? I DON'T KNOW OF ANYONE ELSE WHO DOES THAT!!! IT'S NOT LIEK MARILYN MANSON DOES! HIS VOICE JUST HAS NATURAL ECHO, DELAY, PHASER, AND ROTARY EFFECTS! It's uncanny really.

Also, I've heard them live. He's improved tremendously from the 3cheers touring days.

I'm already ashamed that I could waste such spamming on you.

You and manson have something in common:

You both need to get over yourselves.

GaiSensei
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Nothing personal, but I'd sooner listen to Moi dix mois before I listen to Manson. The only Manson song I like is a cover song of Depeche Mode (which did I mention rules the 80s?)

unspun
06-13-2007, 08:54 PM
You and manson have something in common:

You both need to get over yourselves.

ROFLMAO

I haven't listened to anything by manson since Antichrist Superstar, religiously when I was 16, yeah, mansonite at 16. didn't last long. Odd though, I had squatters at my place for like 2 months once when I was 21, and somehow I ended up with his entire compilation.......

He's ok on a good day.
then again, on a good day I'll listen to elvis.

uhhuh.

Sobriquet
06-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I personally think this guy is a freak I mean he wears nothing but White and Black and he releases a album called "Eat me , Drink me"? This guy scares me. But I was curious if anybody out their actually likes him. if you do it's fine I won't judge you I have just been wondering.

I totally agree with you.
So yeah, a while back, I came across Marilyn Manson's picture when he was a kid. o.O Big difference..

Abstract Me
06-14-2007, 12:45 AM
And he butchered "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode...blasphemous.

THANK YOU.
God, I was so angry. His cover of "Tainted Love" isn't good either. *cringes*

I don't particularly like Manson. I like one or two of his songs, but that's about it. And I liked them more when I was younger and more stupid.

Oh, and by the way, I pretty much hate MCR, but I'm pretty certain Gerad has more vocal abillity than Manson.

Tsuna Kadiri
06-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I don't mind him. If one of his songs come on, I'll listen. I'm not a big enough fan to go out and hunt down his music though.

I'd much rather listen to Manson than MCR or Fall Out Boy or The Used or Panic! At the Disco or any of those bands.

Ryth
06-14-2007, 02:54 PM
He's really pompus and really just isn't any good. He annoys me a great deal, and I'll take my Industrial needs elsewhere.

Masali
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
He's really pompus and really just isn't any good. He annoys me a great deal, and I'll take my Industrial needs elsewhere.

Thank god I can count on good ol' Ryth for an ounce of sanity in the music forum.

Ryth
06-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Thank god I can count on good ol' Ryth for an ounce of sanity in the music forum.

Anytime, bud. ;)

Neko_Girl666
06-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Personally, i like him.... Poser or not, his music is good in my eyes. I'm going to his concert the July 31st... He's not really a poser or an attention *****.... Eh..... You guys and think what you think....

kiyoshimo
06-19-2007, 01:49 AM
I like him. ^^
But I'm not prepared to sit here and argue about whether he's a poser/attention seeker. x3

Anti_Christ
06-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Not a huge fan, really.
I like the song Tainted love...

Something Jesus...
and The Nobodies.

=/
I'm tired.
If anyone wants to talk to me, give me a pm.

555slipknot666
07-17-2007, 10:06 AM
i personally think hes a great artist and even tho hes a weirdo he made more money than any of us here!!!

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Marily Manson's earlier stuff I think was better but after he did Golden Age Of Grotesque it's gone down hill ... I listened to his newer single from his new album 'Eat Me Drink Me' and simply hated it ... it's awful ...

And I'm with some other people here saying I'd definitely rather listen to Manson than MCR .. Gerard Way may be kinda cute but that's all he's got going for him now...
I liked 3 cheers for sweet revenge album but Black Parade ... Nuh uh .. heard two songs and wish I'd not wasted my money buying the album, sorry and all.

However, people are entitled to think what they want and if they don't like Manson or MCR I'm not going to continue the earlier argument here about so and so being a poser or so and so being a freak. Ciao!

PhoenixChan*~ x

Ryth
07-17-2007, 02:59 PM
So I listened to Manson's new album, just because. Well, he's certainly not any better. His music really just became a sad doppelganger of his past self at one point, where he wasn't very original to begin with. It's simply terrible.

Azel
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
At first I thought this guy was just a typical goth attention seeking freak but then his fans start calling him some sort of exceptionally talented and artistic prodigy. Of course this is true because his lyrics are very creative with really all his lyrics relative to nothing but profane subjects or violence. His paintings are absolutely atrocious. His music has no depth and frankly, I'm not impressed. This guy doesn't have a lick of talent in his entire body. The only songs he truly had that were popular were for the most part, cover songs. As for the attack on Gerard Way. It was completely idiotic. Even his insults were contained to mediocrity at best. Honestly, the attack was probably because of Jealousy. Who cares if Gerard ripped off your little make up theme? (even though I see no resemblence) Manson is just mad MCR is extremely popular and he's a washup.

Darc Satos
07-17-2007, 03:54 PM
well im no goth or anything but i like a couple of his songs...
i agree with everybody, hes just a werido, the bad type of werido...

genericusername2
07-18-2007, 08:01 AM
He needs to be shot.End of topic!.

And run over with a bus. Or a train.

I never liked the freak. When I was younger I used to find him scary.

Ollie
07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah, you can't EVER like music outside of your "genre". That's just blasphemy!

That said, I like Manson. Anything and everything I ever heard him do was fantastic.

Elvore
08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
i agree hes a sick freak he removed the lower part of his rip cage so he can well bend closer if you know what i mean