PDA

View Full Version : VS Matchup: Samus Aran vs Iron Man

Regex
06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
I know, I'm a couple weeks late on this.

However, here we have our next vs. matchup for you all to debate.
This one was suggested by Deadpool a couple weeks ago, and I hadn't gotten around to setting it all up, because work kept getting in the way.
Without further delay...

To my left, we have the bounty hunter in the Power Suit, the twist you never expected, the lovely yet terrifying
Samus Aran
http://www.v-sep.net/dump/samus_1.jpg
From the Metroid game in 1986, to the present day Metroid Prime series, Samus has brought in new toys and gadgets to fight her enemies and collect her pay. Not being stopped by Kraid, Ridley, or even the Mother Brain, she is a force to be reckoned with.

To my right, the engineer from New York, the hero of Stark International and the United States, the "Invincible"
Iron Man
http://www.v-sep.net/dump/iron_man.jpg
As the child prodigy of MIT, and the heir to Stark Industries, he created the powered armor as a means to protect the interests of his company and his country. He was a strong member of The Avengers for most of his career, and a valuable asset for the world when Communism reared its ugly head.

So here we have it. Power suit vs power suit. Marvel vs Nintendo. Man vs Woman!

Who will win? That's for you to decide! Remember, keep it civil, and no hitting each other below the belt. The fight is between Iron Man and Samus, not any of you!

unspun
06-08-2007, 01:46 PM
*note to self-don't forget to give reps to deadpool for coming up with such a formidable duel*

I believe Samus Aran has the experience and technological skill to back her up. I choose her.

Buruku
06-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Oo what an awesome match-up. I honestly don't know, I never played a lot of metroid and dont know much about iron man. 0_0

I'll wait to see what the experts say.

Tempest Wind
06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Who knows, Samus could trip/get hit once, and lose all her suit upgrades again.

-Batman-
06-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh wow, My idea was picked. Sweet.

Weeelll since it was my idea, and i'm not power leveling Masali because he's eating.
Everyone expects me to say Iron Man. But i'm neautral at the moment.

Technology.
Samus is from the distant future and possesses armor from an advanced alien race with a ton of toys and fun little gadgets. Not to mention a intersteller space craft.

Due to the tech from the future Samus possesses...This would go to her. Buut, both Marvel and DC comics, despite taking place in our time period, have tech that are a thousand years ahead of us (Seriously, put Batman and Reed Richards in a room together. They'll have a cure for aids in about 20 minutes) or better. What with all the alien technology to build off of from the likes of the Skrull and the Shi'ar empire, not to mention people like Forge, Mr. Fantastic, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark (Iron Man), and Dr. Doom who are super genius level. Tony's Extremis is rigged.

So lets go over what each have under the suit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man's_armor#Extremis_Armor
That would be Tony's current armor. Basically, 1337 l-l@x0r.
Controlling all of his old suits with his new suit, hacking into just about anything, and all that good stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Fusion#Equipment
Samus equipment from the most recent entry in the timeline of Metroid, maybe not as organized as Starks in the Wiki articale, but it's there.
Basically, a walking weapon. Also, Samus is highly agile...Like...Spider-Man agile.

Tech is pretty close, despite the time gap. Buut diffrent universes.

As for intelligence...That goes to Stark.
He's the director of shield and practically has more power than the President. He's practically a villian at this point.

Samus' intelligence can't really be discussed since YOU control samus most of the games (unless there were comics or something I missed), and she doesn't really talk much. For all we know she's brilliant or average (Not stupid, had she been stupid she'd be dead), but Stark is among the ten most intelligent men on the planet Earth.

Fighting ability goes to Samus.
Just look at her agility and fighting prowess. Not only that, but she's a woman. Tony is a womanizer in many respects. He'd probably try to sleep with her before fighting with her, and that could lead to underestimating and a ball of searing hot plasma to the face of Mr. Stark.

Ehh...I guess i'll go with Iron Man due to his experience as a dictato...Director of Shield and the countless super powered beings he's deafeated/screwed over/Helped cause the genoicide of his kingdom. But Samus still has a shot.

BTW!
Ironman recreated Spider-Sense in his armor.

Masali
06-08-2007, 06:30 PM
This matchup is horribly unbalanced. My prediction is that Samus will win by a landslide not because she has the better power suit, but simply because not many people here know Iron Man like...at all. But everyone sure as hell knows samus, so Iron Man will simply lose because no one knows him.

(note: I may be wrong, I don't know much about Iron man or Samus, but I'll use what I do know)
Personally, Iron Man takes it home in my book. Samus was just some strumpet bounty hunter who had her suit given to her and all of a sudden she's uber. Tony had to MAKE his suit, which is arguably as advanced as Samus' and he's not a Space Alien, just a really really smart, rich guy. Samus loses her powers so often there's obviously no "thinking ahead" on her part. Tony Stark has suits that HE made to combat pretty much every superhero in the world, except for maybe the Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Namor (which, I am told, has suits for but don't work very well). And he can control them all without him actually being IN them.

-Batman-
06-08-2007, 06:46 PM
except for maybe the Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Namor (which, I am told, has suits for but don't work very well).

Has a Hulk Buster, worked a bit, but it's Hulk.
Surfer, he might have one.
Namor, he does have aquatic suits, but it's Namor for gods sake.
He has a Thor Buster. But again, it's Thor.

Masali
06-09-2007, 01:28 PM
He should have a Samus Buster =\

Koshiro
06-14-2007, 03:01 PM
In my honest opinion, I would have to say that Iron Man is alot stronger than Samus and can most definitely take more of a beating than she can. However, Samus just seems to have that natural combat instinct, so much as to were she can come up with a solution to defeat her opponent despite who it may be (kind of like Solid/Naked Snake). So as much as this is going to bother me, I think that Samus would win in the end, not without getting the life beaten out of her first, mind you.

kazushi-chan
07-03-2007, 01:18 AM
I love samus and i hate american comics :X, sorry but i bet for samus!

-Batman-
07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
I love samus and i hate american comics :X, sorry but i bet for samus!

Biased opinion is biased D:

Rem
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Iron man, never bet against a drunk they is crazy.

Knightmare
07-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Hands down I believe Ironman would win reason being his suit is more versatile allowing for flight, control his other suits, and more advanced weapon systems( though not much there). Only thing Samus has is a her warrior instincts.(look how Namor owned Ironman in the New Avengers illuminatii special he isn't good in melee.)

Renzoil
09-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm a gamer and I like Marvel comics.So it's really hard for me to decide.I would have to say Iron Man though.For practically every reason stated before me.Might be an iteresting fight though.Should've been Mega Man vs. Samus.They both have charge shots.

Mechmastersonic
09-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Samus. That's all I gotta say about that. ^^

Capernicus
09-20-2007, 02:17 AM
I choose Samus mostly because I'm sexist and I think Samus is mega hot. For shizzle.

No one can say that Samus is not versatile. She may not be able to fly per se, but trust me she has her own inventive means of getting around. She can breathe underwater just as well as Iron Man, and I truly do believe that her arsenal covers a much broader range of elements that she would win by sheer firepower. And, don't forget her warrior instincts! As far as I can see Iron Man is first and foremost a business man. Samus is a bounty hunter for crying out loud!

raziel
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Samus aran would kill lron man. Here when i say kill. Kill kill. She would make him in 2 a lron shoe

Goronian
10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Iron man. Hands down. I mean, I'm russian. We know everything about chronic alcoholics power. Honestly. Iron Man would kick her all the way back to Motherbrain. No chick in hot aromor would ever beat chronic alcoholic. Even if he was without his suit.

Seriously though... He can fly. He is unbelivably rich. He has a wast array of suits he can control. One big blast from 360 degrees and she's history. He can just order a nuclear bomb, for chrissake, if he needed. And he's alcoholic. But enough about that...

(P.S. Author was never drunk in his life, and, hopefully, will never be. He just likes to poke fun at russian stereotypes likes Marvel comics and never really liked Nintendo. He preffered Sega. Seriously.)

Light Buster
10-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I say Samus because she's very awsome and has the Federation as back up.

sataned
11-22-2007, 01:57 AM
ok im new here and this is an old thread but im going to reply anyway...

SAMUS HAS...
a whip...
she can turn into a ball...
and has a cannon that takes forever to charge up..

IRON MAN HAS
Rockets...
machine guns...
He can Fly...
powered armor that gives him superhuman strength and durability...

Plus if he puts on the WARMACHINE costume... oh man...or the HULKBUSTER!! shes screwed

so i say IRON MAN WOUld OWN SAMUS

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Omg.

Iron Man fer sure.

Ikaruga
01-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Sigh... Enough of the bias, weak opinions of who's better. Simply saying something like "OMG IRONMANFTW!!!!! SAMUS IS A ***** I HATE HER BOOOOO!!!" or "IRONMAN IS A MAN! SAMUS GOES BACK TO THE KITCHEN!"
are not constructive nor justifies your point that so and so is much better. That's not to say I don't mind people who don't know about the characters having a vote....

Let's get back onto topic and look at the characters themselves and their abilities. On a personal note, I love both characters. I've played the Metroid Prime games, and I've seen the Ironman cartoon series and read the New Avengers and Civil War comics with Ironman in. So this is somewhat of a hard choice...

As pointed out by sataned;
Samus Aran has a grappling hook, which cooul also function as a whip. She can morph into a ball, gaining speed and reducing her overall size and target for iron man. She also has the ability to stick to magnetic surfaces and plant bombs in this mode. Her main weapon is her main right armed cannon that can either fire shots similar to that of an automatic machine gun (Metroid Prime button bashing..), can charge up and delay power shots, also can be used in conjunction with the missiles, disadvantage is that the cannon needs to cool down. The main advantage of the cannon though, is that the normal shots are unlimited. Everything else is depletable. The missiles also has tracking ability, and can also lock onto mutiple targets.

The other bad thing about her weapon is that it's only on one arm, and that it can't use missiles and normal fire at once (apart from the charged missile shot) and it normally takes a short time to switch between the two. Her cannon also allows her to use different weaponry, so that could be ice shots, fire blasts, light shots, dark shots or anything. In the DS game, she has sniping ability with a certain pick up, firing a powerful red beam.

That aside, she is a very experienced hunter, fighting against space pirates and aliens twice her size, and sometimes fighting mutiple targets at once. Her suits computer allows her to scan for weak structures, can translate languages and thus gives her real time battle information. The only disadvantage of her suit is that she is not able to fly, however, parts can be added on and purged, even her main suit can be purged to a lighter suit underneath.

Now Ironman has the state of the art technology, ultilising the most advanced power suit. His armour is constantly changing, and so does his weapons.

As such, I shall try to describe the weapons he has. He has rockets of all sizes, small millimetre bombs that could be ejected from his fingertips and torso, to large tracking rockets from his arms. His suit also allows the use of machine gun fire, though really his main weaponry is beam weaponry, situated on both palms and on his chest. The damage ratio can also be adjusted when the needs arise, it can also be changed from a concentrated beam to a scatter blinding beam to disable enemies, but at at cost of power. Nor does his weaponry have to be beam or matter, but he can also use supersonic soundwaves emitted from his palms against enemies without sound protecting. He can also fly, normally the propulsion engines are situated at the soles of his feet, and can also be used as a weapon if he's pinned down on the floor.

He has a whole corporation dedicated to developing the Ironman suit, as well as a hugh survelliance network, allowing his to retrieve information to his suit in real time aswell. The only negative issues with his suit is that power consumption is high, as seen in the previous Marvel series, Ironman often runs out of power. Another negative issue is that his suit is his only weapon, whereas Samus can purge armour into a smaller one, Ironman cannot. It is, as of yet one suit.

Unfortunately, in this case, Samus Aran seems to have the better suit (her suits power seems to be infinite, when she enters her ship for repairs, the only repairs that are done to her is her health).

Asriel
01-21-2008, 02:05 PM
lol Yes wait for what the experts have to say on it.
As for who I vote for it Samus Aran.

Sanosuke23
01-30-2008, 09:35 PM
I vote Iron Man.

I think it's been fairly well-established that the offensive abilities are pretty even(Tony hits harder, but Samus hits with more variety). Both are experienced in combat. So it boils down to defenses.

Samus may be able to lose armor and gain speed, but IM has fought Spider-Man, and even stole his Spider Sense. Speed means crap. Tony can try to hack Samus's suit, rendering her immobile. Plus, the absolute weakest thing I've seen even crack IM's armor was Captain America's shield.

romy808
02-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Gotta go with IIIRRROONNN MMAAANNN! He's solar powered, heat/cold sensors, missles, lasers, concussion grenades, military connections so on and so on. He also has extra suits for different occasions lol. Mr. Iron also fought the Hulk, Thor, Captain America to name a few.

space cowboy
02-25-2008, 06:07 PM
WELCOME TO THE ANIME AND MANGA SECTION ...

NONE OF THESE ARE IN ANIME!

yea good one

Dxon
03-20-2008, 04:52 PM
WELCOME TO THE ANIME AND MANGA SECTION ...

NONE OF THESE ARE IN ANIME!

yea good one

You is right. You deserve reps. I give reps to you.
This anime and manga is. Iron man no manga or anime is. :banghead:
[/end ongabonga english]

Iron man is better.

Ickyarkman
04-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I vote Samus....Cause she's sexy and would just own lol :P

The Monarch
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Wtfudge? Samus > Ironman

I'm sorry IronMan fans, but it's true. :(

Corrupted Communist
04-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Samus would win, hands down, why? the answer is very simple but long. Samus has as alot of people have said, "warrior's instinct", she is a bounty hunter, trained to be a deadly weapon out of the suit before she got the suit basically, trained to be a fast mobile killing machine in the suit making her agile out of the suit, is experienced in taking down flying enemies (ridely, meta-ridely(multiple reincarnations)), screw attack against the flying enemies, and she can call her ship to aid as a distraction, and she is more intelligent than people know.

Iron Man, flying suit, intelligent, he is dead.
if he calls to bring in a nuke it would not matter, Samus has a SPACE SHIP.
no offense.

Geshien
05-12-2008, 06:15 AM
okay so i was browsing the net and stumbled on this forum about "ironman vs samus."

and well i couldn't pass up the discussion. so i signed up just to post this, maybe to never return.

let me be clear on this. SAMUS DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL AGAINST IRONMAN, PERIOD!

ironman has stealth (invisiblity), missiles (of every array), smart bombs, lasers, grenades, nukes (yes, nukes), high-tech weapons, insane gadgets (way too numerous to mention), super speed, flight, super strength (90+ ton class), high durability, and tony stark is a freaking genius.

(for more info on what his suit(s) are capable of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man's_armor)

hell, a single amped up punch from ironman could shatter samus' suit.

some of you talk about this "warrior instinct" crap, which isn't a plausible point for argument. you could take bruce lee and pit him against a machine gun and you'd get the same outcome everytime. furthermore, tony got his training from Captain America, so he's no slouch.

moreover, the suit itself can record ones attacks and movements thus calculating outcomes and hence dictating the proper course of action within nanoseconds.

i've played all the metriod games, so i'm aware of what samus is capable of. and as much as i love the girl, she's as good as dead.

some of you can be as biased as you want but, facts are facts.

if it makes anyone feel any better i, of course, think that samus is hotter than tony. although the ladies (or fellas) might argue with me there too. he is a billionaire playboy stud after all. hell i dunno.

maybe it should be a contest of who has greater sex appeal?

Linen
06-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Iron Man because he can fly. lol, and because he can update his suit to match that of his foe, while Samus, not so much.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Old thread is old.

Anyway. Ironman. Not even close.

Amray
06-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Not sure but I prefer Samus. She is hot and can also turn into a ball. Oh! and she has a hot tight suit on underneath. And she's blonde.

D.I.Y Death
06-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Well a much as I want Iron Man to win this, his arc generators alone are not enough to beat the extremely high tech gadgetry of Samus.
I mean the Phazon Beam will annihilate Iron Man.
Heres a link for people who don;t know what the Phazon Beam is.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Phazon_Beam

Doctor One
06-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Okay...
The Chozo from Metroid live a simple life.
That is because their technology reached a point where it could advance no further.
Samus is equipped with a Chozo power suit.

I think I'm done here.

Mavericker
07-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Iron Man would win.

Lavos
07-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Since this thread didn't specify what type of match this is, I am going to assume this is a court case. I'll say Samus will win, plus she will get custody of the kids.

Anime Forum
07-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Since this thread didn't specify what type of match this is, I am going to assume this is a court case. I'll say Samus will win, plus she will get custody of the kids.

lolz, I say samus wins because I play samus in super smash bros and I think she can beat Iron man by a tinge.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Iron Man has more money, ergo better lawyers. Iron Man wins.

Diocletian
07-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Samus kills without asking.SAMUS OF COURSE!You can pull out your machines as quick as possible but Samus already has hers on.

Diocletian
07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Iron Man has more money, ergo better lawyers. Iron Man wins.

Sleeping with the Lawyers always works!Lawyer+:p =:D

Sanosuke23
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Sleeping with the Lawyers always works!Lawyer+:p =:D

So... Iron Man wins twice?

ePic_eRroRs
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm gonna go with Samus cause it seems like to me her tech. is far more advanced. She can shoot missiles and even charge up her beam cannon. She can roll into a ball for quick atttacks and has little bombs to lay around too. My personal choice is Samus Aran.:D
not to mention Samus has multiply lives!!!!

Prince Darien
09-13-2008, 04:01 PM
I would think Samus Aran would win. She seems to have superior technology and agility. She would not hestitaing killing Stark either. Plus she has a space ship.

~Eilsel~
09-23-2008, 02:46 AM
I'm going to have to put my vote with Samus Aran

Hekse
09-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Samus.

Zenni-Kun
09-26-2008, 10:05 PM
samus just because unlike Stark, shes trained to kill, she could rip starks head off and use it for a kickball

Archaic Devices
09-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Iron man would pwn Samus =3

Miss Moonlight
09-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Well I am a metroid fan, so i'm going to have to say Samus Aran, of course.

Mowick
01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I'd like for Samus to win, but in reality (assuming they're real lol) Iron Man would kick the **** out of Samus in no time, Samus' weapons probably has "Stark" written over them.

TacticianMark
01-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Samus. Period. There is almost nothing that can beat Samus. NOTHING!!! (lol) Iron Man is just too primitive. So is that master chief that everyone likes to have vs. Samus.

Manhattan_Project_2000
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
I still say Zero Suit Stark would win. No women can resist the Stark.

Doctor One
03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Well lets see based on my knowledge of both characters.
Iron Man-All powers I'm aware of
Auto targeting missles.
Flight.
High powered chest cannon. (Which apparently doesn't do damage, it only moved the Iron Monger back a few feet)
Flight stablizers, doubling as heat guns.
Other suits- (Can switch freely among them in the fight)
Hulkbuster- Super strength equal or greater than Hulks strength. (not proven)
Drill- Has a drill aparently capable of getting through hard granite with ease

Samus Aran- All Powers I'm aware of
Screw attack/space jump. Sustained lift. High energy protective force field around Samus. Causes even the toughest aliens (Rippers) to explode on impact if smaller than Samus.

Missiles- All equipped with digital targeting.
Missile- medium range explosive weapons.
Super Missile- High powered explosive, faster than normal missle

Beam weapons- All equipped with charge function (Doubling power and range)
All equipped with missile combo upgrades. (increasing power and usefulness)
Plasma beam- Superheated plasma short range (12 ft)
Wave beam- High voltage electric cannon capable of shorting Space pirate tech. Homing.
Ice beam- Slow weapon, ecases solid targets in ice. Apparently it's at a much lower temperature than what is needed to freeze water as it freezes Creatures that are on fire. Makes target highly vulnerable to missile weapons.
Power beam- Rapid fire particle gun.

Gadgets-
Grapple gun- Attaches to any magnetic surface. Like a grappling hook
Scan visor- Finds weak points in targets
Thermal visor- Finds any heat signature regaurdless of cloaking
X-ray visor- not viable for combat
Morph ball (compresses samus to roughly one foot across)
bombs- small explosives: Bright flash, allow for samus to lift off the ground.
Power Bombs- Blows up Metroids
Boost ball-When charged allows samus to move at 50-60 mph
Spider ball- attaches samus to metallic surfaces

Speed booster- Moves samus at roughly 80 mph given enough room to charge.

Iron man would TOTALLY win.

Anime Forum
02-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Thread officially re-opened!

Decided it'd be nice nostalgia and I would rather not trash it.

Astral_Mage
02-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Since the thread has been re-opened I'll have the honor to vote 1st :D

I'll go with Iron man, why?

First of all because he is my favorite superhero from Marvel, second of all iron man is going through many upgrades as time goes on, third of all:

Samus' weapons probably has "Stark" written over them.

H@tsune_Miku
12-06-2015, 05:38 PM
I still say Zero Suit Stark would win. No women can resist the Stark.

I'll vouch for this xD

Astral_Mage
12-07-2015, 04:09 AM
Tsun[/MENTION]e_Miku;2864743]I'll vouch for this xD

Make that two :3