PDA

View Full Version : [。。。そうして、彼 は 天国、彼女 は 地 だった。。。]

SasuNaru723
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
[。。。そうして、彼 は 天国、彼女 は 地 だった。。。]

"...soushite, kare wa tengoku, kanojo wa chi datta..."

Is this how you would say, "... and then he was heaven and she was earth..."? Also, what is the common word for "earth" anyways? I have no clue and I don't think I should rely on a dictionary with too many different words for "earth" either. If what I have written above doesn't fit the English translation, then please let me know! I'm being bold just by taking a shot at it for a change! :oy:

Ertai87
06-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I'd think "earth" in that context would be "sekai" (sorry, I don't know the kanji for it).

CoolShades
06-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Several words, actually. I think "sekai" (世界) refers moreso to the world inside the planet, while "chikyuu" (地球) refers to the planet Earth itself.

SasuNaru723
06-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Seikai? I at first thought it was seikai, but when I looked it up and it said that seikai means "star world." Because the kanji used for sei is 星 and the kanji for kai, which is roughly translated as "world" rather than "earth," is 界. Chikyuu, though, huh? That sounds plausable! Still, I'm wondering if I even wrote the Japanese sentence correctly though...
Hm... :confused:

CoolShades
06-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Seikai? I at first thought it was seikai, but when I looked it up and it said that seikai means "star world." Because the kanji used for sei is 星 and the kanji for kai, which is roughly translated as "world" rather than "earth," is 界. Chikyuu, though, huh? That sounds plausable! Still, I'm wondering if I even wrote the Japanese sentence correctly though...
Hm... :confused:

Not "seikai". "Sekai". Two different words. :)

chappie1989
06-09-2007, 01:42 PM
It depends on what earth you mean. Earth as in the substance of the ground or earth as in the planet Earth
The substance earth has different translations but "chi" would just be fine
The planet Earth would be "sekai",

SasuNaru723
06-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh! I see! So Earth itself is sekai, but the soil or ground of earth is chi?

EmeraldGuardian
06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Hmm.."earth" can mean alot of things depending on what you want. A basic list could be:

地球 chikkyuu - The planet earth

地 chi - basically what is the flat surface of the earth

土 tsuchi - plainly, soil

世界 sekai - universe. This word would be used in fictions depicting other worlds or dimentions, obviously including this one. More of a spiritual term.

Are you referring to the man and woman BEING heaven and earth or each of them residing in that spot?

EmeraldGuardian
06-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Well thanks for showing me how immature these forums are.

MistressPookyChan
06-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Please don't mind the idiots. There are a bunch of wonderful regulars on here.

Ertai87
06-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Well thanks for showing me how immature these forums are.

*Is confused*...was there a deleted post that led into that post or something?

shinnraiu
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM
it would not be as 「。。。」 but better as 「・・・」
そうして should like be そして or I think would use それから instead or if something which is specific その後 but if no, then no

also as for 彼/彼氏 and 彼女 it is use for boyfriend and girlfriend not normally for "he" or "she", so if it's what you mean... there is no way to say "he" and "she" that I can recall now... I will think of how I word it and maybe reply later as for that...

i think also that 地球 better over 世界 here but I don't know what you mean...

also, instead だった better to use ____に成った。

as for [。。。そうして、彼 は 天国、彼女 は 地 だった。。。]
it is not really a sentence because it's different use of compound sentence than in English... use something ~て (like 成って or で...) between. Maybe
彼は天国に成って、彼女は地球に成った。 .....but it still sound weird to me.

Sorry, I can't really help well. :closedeye
much love, raiu yumichu