PDA

View Full Version : What game or games should the developers make sequals to?

Ladyvangos
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I think that the developers should make a sequal to Blood Rayne. Also another Serious Sam wouldn't hurt. What games should continue on with the story?

unspun
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
screw blood rayne, they made a part two and it was lame. They NEED to make an Eternal Darkness 2, and a sequel of some sort, to Legend of Dragoon. Oh, and just because I love the characters, they should continue the Tidus + Yuna saga with a FFX-3

bttr
06-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Samurai Warriors d:

The Governator
06-08-2007, 02:56 AM
There should, and most likely will be a Half-Life 3, they allways end those games on a cliffhanger.

MomijiTMO
06-08-2007, 03:19 AM
I think that the developers should make a sequal to Blood Rayne. Also another Serious Sam wouldn't hurt. What games should continue on with the story?

Ummm there is a BloodRayne 2 XD

My vote goes to Legend Of Dragoon. I loved that game however simple it was at times.

black26
06-08-2007, 03:26 AM
They should make FFX-3 i like final fantasyX so much
or make a sequel of Drakengard2

Mocchi
06-08-2007, 10:38 AM
I agree. It would make me very happy if they made FFX-3. ^_^

Gaarademon
06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
ffX-3?....i really dont know i like X.... X-2 wasnt the best but it was okay if they ever did another sequel you should be able to be more than three people
they should have ff7-2 a mix of advent children and more stuff better yet....theyshould remake 7...hell yeah XD

and other games gears of war and okami

xRisingForce
06-11-2007, 01:05 PM
They should make a continuation to all games with amazing stories so fans and zealous followers will be satisfied, haha. Such as Tales of Symphonia (although that's probably never going to happen), maybe Tales of Symphonia.. or perhaps Tales of Symphonia.

razzen88
06-13-2007, 10:13 PM
they should have ff7-2 a mix of advent children and more stuff better yet....theyshould remake 7...hell yeah XD

your wish has come true. =) they are remaking FF7

yet another Shining Force would be nice... more character classes, more interesting characters...

Starblaiz
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
They're remaking seven? I can't wait for that! Where's the info for it?

And in response to this topic, I'm waiting with bated breath for the next installation of Kingdom Hearts, and I really hope it doesn't come out on PS3, because I will pay $600 for one if it does. The second one was amazing, and I can't wait to see what they do with the third.

Ichiro Matsuchani
06-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Now hear me out before you all start saying, "But Oblivion is a sequel! blah blah blah".

What I mean is continue from where it left off. The whole process of rebuilding the empire and the selection of a new emporer. Also, give some closure about the whole Kvatch situation. Is that just going to remain a smoldering pile of rubble?

Wolfwood
06-15-2007, 07:33 AM
i would say tales of symphonia, but a new Tales of the World game for psp has shown to have Lloyd aswell as characters from other Tales games. so until i see what's going on there, i won't say that ^^;

i'll go with Resistance, loco-roco and Trauma Center

=[[Wolfwood]]=

MistaCloudStrife
06-16-2007, 05:33 AM
your wish has come true. =) they are remaking FF7

No they aren't. The developers want to remake it, the fans want it, but Nomura stated that there aren't any plans on remaking it right now. They're working on FFXIII... several FFXIII games at that. They also stated that they aren't going to create any more FFVII related games after it's 20th anniversary so if it isn't out by 2017 we'll know that we won't get it. There's still 10 more years until then so just cross your fingers.

As for me... I don't really have any because most of my favorite games already have sequels. Some prequels would be cool though. Lunar SSS prequel(About Dyne), Final Fantasy X prequel(About Jecht and Braska), and perhaps even Xenogears.(Piece of crap Xenosaga creators decided that Xenogears isn't going to be a part of the Saga even thought at the end of gears it says "Episode V") Oh and of course remake Mother and Mother 2. (Earthbound)

GoreDude
06-16-2007, 06:46 PM
jade empire,war of the mosters,and i-ninja

king_booze
06-16-2007, 09:27 PM
God hand.
Elder scrolls Oblivion.
Custom robo.

Tri-EdgeExcalibur
06-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Tales of Symphonia all the way:) since that is the only Tales game on the GC and the best on my opinion its just that you either get a choice of getting Kratos and Zelos becoming a traitor for sure or the other way around...i mean you cant have both chars in the end...also by using action replay you can use the Eternal Sword in battle just so you know but screw that:p.Also would be great if they would make a Zone of the Enders 3

Tempest Wind
06-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, a ZOE 3 would be pretty cool. As for other games that I want sequels for......maybe a Legend of Dragoon. Thats about it for me lol.

kenji174
06-22-2007, 03:54 AM
I think they should make FFX-3. But also star ocean 2

Tempest Wind
06-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I think they should make FFX-3. But also star ocean 2

Theres already a Star Ocean 2.....If your talking about SO:Till the End of Time, thats the 3rd game. And now they are thinking about a SO4.

Khanxay
06-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Theres already a Star Ocean 2.....If your talking about SO:Till the End of Time, thats the 3rd game. And now they are thinking about a SO4.
Star Ocean TTEOT is the fourth game. Blue Sphere was the 3rd. (I wish I could play that one.. in english.)

I demand a Mana game that doesn't suck. Children of Mana wasn't very good, and Dawn of Mana was just...Bleh. Right now I'd like to take a Lancer and chainsaw Square-Enix back into Squaresoft and Enix.

I wish certain games would stop making sequels.

Rem
06-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Darkstalkers 4 or street fighter 4, but honestly I don't think capcom has it in them anymore.

unspun
06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
i would say tales of symphonia, but a new Tales of the World game for psp has shown to have Lloyd aswell as characters from other Tales games. so until i see what's going on there, i won't say that ^^;
=[[Wolfwood]]=

I think a sequel to TOS would have been nice, but I would have been happy with just the ability to walk around the world in it's original form and do side quests for a while. I think the actual ending left something to be desired.

氷の動物
06-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the Chrono series (i.e. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross), I'm not sure where they would take the plot as Chrono Cross was just mind blowing in the direction it took the series opting to not continue off of any of the endings of Chrono Trigger. But it has been a while since Chrono Cross and I'd love to see another game.

nickinerdface
07-01-2007, 07:05 AM
NO MORE FINAL FANTASY X'S. i admit that the first one was decent, okay? it was cute. rikku was cute. wakka was funny. lulu was hot. but i did not enjoy that whole tidus being the typical strong hearted male lead, just like sora in kingdom hearts (i'm tired of kingdom hearts too). they're either some really happy guy, some beautiful distressed young woman, or some dark brooding male with a horrible past. it just seems like all the final fantasy games nowadays are based around how pretty they can make their characters look, rather than the actual story in the game.

the only thing i got from final fantasy x-2 was that yuna was suddenly a pop diva, as were rikku, and some new character named paine. lulu was pregnant with wakka's baby, and apparently tidus was dead (seeing how i could never bring myself to beat ffx, i have no clue how it ended).

making a final fantasy x-THREE would just be a nightmare waiting to happen for gamers like me. how much longer can you drag a story out about a summoner turned pop diva and her dead boyfriend?! i miss the old sprite characters on SNES. i miss the polygon heads and square feet from n64. if the story is amazing, that's what i like to focus on, not how much prettier a character could be.

as far sequels go... i think games that don't have sequels are just meant to stay that way? if the game leaves people wanting more, then i think the developers have done enough. they need to use all that creative juice they have left after a great game, to make another amazingly great game. chances are, if they make a sequel, it comes out like x-2 and just doesn't flow well with the first story.

just my opinion though! you don't have to agree. :)

Wio
07-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Evo - The land of Eden

It was a game were you killed things to get evo points and you could use those points to evolve into a stronger creature.

Anpan Hayase
07-03-2007, 02:04 PM
They should make sequals to all FF games unless they's already had a sequal. Plenty of people want to know what happened after the first game. I know I do.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I think they should make sequels to...

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Alucard is just one of the most popular and simply greatest Castlevania heroes. He deserves another game that you play as him.

Casltevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Considering Dawn ended with Genya Arikado *coughALUCARDcough* said "If the world wants a Demon King (Satan/Lucifer/Devil/Beelzebub/etc.), then one will one day appear. Without it being you, Soma..." That just screames Alucard will take over his father's throne as Lord of the Night, atleast to me. I don't want Alucard turning heel/bad guy. He's great as a good guy.

Metroid - I'd like to play a Metroid where Samus is in her Fusion suit defautly. I'm not sure about Prime 2 or 3 since I haven't played either or seen screen shots of.

Dead Rising - THIS game screamed TO BE CONTINUED... since 53, 197 people (the entire town) had become zombies. I'd like to see our government hides this.

Gears of War - FREAKING SWEET. That's all I gotta say. War with the Locusts who live underground. It's freaking SWEET. Nuff Said

Thats all I can remember.

Atrumrox
07-16-2007, 01:20 AM
They should make a continuation to all games with amazing stories so fans and zealous followers will be satisfied, haha. Such as Tales of Symphonia (although that's probably never going to happen), maybe Tales of Symphonia.. or perhaps Tales of Symphonia.

But i think they should make a prequel to tales of symphonia with kratos, yuan, mithos, and martel's journey. Kratos should be the main character.

my tears of sorrow
07-16-2007, 02:17 AM
FFX-3 but moreabout Lene and the dude.http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_56671469b1a99b8097.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=15051)

Pyrobrave
07-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I want to see a sequel to Legend of the Dragoon. It was an awesome Story. Really I wouldn't mind seeing another story from the world of Legend of the Dragoon. You know like Final Fantasy. I liked the game play it had. Being able to transform in the middle of battle.

Wolfwood
07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
i'd love to see Dungeon Keeper 3. 1 and 2 were addictive, fun and cool for multiplayer. even if they only updated the graphics, i'd buy a third one. it's really a game you'll spend your holidays playing and it wouldnt be enough to kill the addiction ^^

smile1010
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Um...
A third Kapamari! totally!!

Faithless
08-16-2007, 03:24 PM
They should make a sequal to Grim Fandango, that game was so good a part of me died when I completed it.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
08-16-2007, 03:27 PM
REally, in my thoughts, Sequals depend on how good the story line is THIS time...but if I had to choose, I'd say Way of the Samurai the first two, were grand.

That and another Doom game, but make it like the Classic...

overwatch
08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Well my votes go to a Drakengard 3 and Baldur's Gate 3 (that neverwinter nights nothing compared to baldurs gate!) And while their at it another Icewind Dale

realms89
08-16-2007, 05:57 PM
RE3 ubcs story

Hardcore Gamer
08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
My Sequel Selections would have to be War of the Monsters (that game was so totally awesome), Shadow of the Colossus (I just want to fight more monsters), Legend of Dragoon (because Dragons and Dragoons are just so awesome), Rez (just because [if you've played it you know why, and for those who haven't just :closedeye ]), and Okami (even though the studio that made it was closed down because Okami didn't sell enough copies :banghead: ). That's it for me.

PanzerJager
08-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, Id like to see the Elder Scrolls V, but we all know that one is going to come.. and Half Life 3 would be nice although they dont have to..

.. and a modern Company of Heroes, maybe during Desert Storm (or "Iraqi Freedom" or whatever light-hearted term we call that ever growing sh*t hole now) or Vietnam or something....

-Batman-
08-18-2007, 06:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Knight_Adventures

I demand a next gen Sparkster game.

Zenx
08-18-2007, 06:18 PM
... Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk has already been confirmed for a 2008 release in Japan and is very likely to come to america. Made a topic for anyone interested.

Anyway, Okami deserves it, but, alas, we will not (likely) be seeing a another :(.

threekings
08-18-2007, 06:41 PM
They should give Tekken another shot if you ask me.