PDA

View Full Version : Is Bleach Derivative of Yu Yu Hakusho?

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-06-2007, 11:29 PM
I've watched both a good deal, and it has struck me that Bleach seems like a DBZed version of Yu Yu Hakusho. I don't really dislike it per say, but it seems like a lot of the characters were appropriated.

Both Shinji and Yusuke have very similar roles. They awaken to discover they have insane amounts of spirit energy potential. They then decide to use this power to save earth from spiritual invaders. Both are rough around the edges, but, end up having hearts of gold. Both get looked down on as little more the teenage punks. Both feel they have something to prove, and do so by pwning people in battle.

Botan/Rukia and Keiko/Orihime have almost the same roles, except for Keiko being more... sober then Orihime and the fact that Botan and Keiko almost always cheerlead, while Rukia and Orihime just usually do.

Chad is roughly Kurama, Ganju is almost exactly Kuwabara, and Uryu seems to be a little less antagonistic version of Hiei.

Genkai and Koenma are combined into Urahara and have almost exactly the same role, aside from Urahara being nicer about it.

Lipan_Conjuring
06-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I've heard there were a lot of similarities... x_x;
Only seen Yu Yu Hakusho though. ^^;

Abstract Me
06-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I watched a little bit of Bleach, and almost all of YYH.

o_o; And from what I've seen...that seems pretty accurate. Weird.