PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

red storm
06-03-2007, 08:12 AM
I can hardly believe there is still no thread on this, concidering it is talk of the moment around where I come from.

Anyway, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, otherwise known as WAR. As usual with highly anticipated MMORPG's, this one has been labeled as a potentional 'WoW killer' Truth? Lies? Who knows, I'm anxiously awaiting my aproval for BETA to see wether it is or isn't. A few facts, though:

WAR's main focus is going to lie in PvP, or as they call it, RvR. Skirmishes can be fought everywhere, and if your side is dominating the enemy, you will actually be able to temporarely takle over you enemies city. Quests will be balanced, some RvR, some PvE. There will also be quests that simply require you to enter the zone to participate, or -and this is wonderfull- if you have already done what a quest giver wanted you to do, you don't need to accept the quest, you will get the reward automatically. (Lost count how many times I've had the 'kill X of this' quest after I just wailed through three times that number).

In other words, I have high expectations of this game, but I will reserve any actual judgements on it being a WoW killer untill I've actually played it.

http://www.warhammeronline.com (http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/home/index.php)

Anyone with the slightest bit of interest, I really advice to watch the podcasts, if only to get a good laugh. That place seriously reminds me of my class. *grins*

nickinerdface
06-04-2007, 12:30 AM
that game looks very interesting, indeed! i heard about it a few months ago. apparently you can decapitate people and then put their heads on your shield? i thought that was kinda neat.

i've talked about people getting their heads chopped off in another thread before. people are going to start thinking that decapitation gets me hot.

Luzifer
06-04-2007, 12:47 AM
God I can't wait for this game... as person who used to play Warhammer and as a person who loved mythic's work with DAoC (still the only MMORPG I have ever found tolerable) I cannot wait to see what they do with the systems which they are developing for it. It will definately be something interesting to see in its full implementation.

nickinerdface
06-04-2007, 02:40 AM
oh yes! the same people that made dark age of camelot. this came could definitely be a hit! i totally forgot about that part. shows you how well i know my mmo's.

MomijiTMO
06-04-2007, 03:15 AM
Ok I admit. I would be so addicted to this game.

*drools*

Give me please! ;)