PDA

View Full Version : Anbody Heard of D.Gray-Man!!

.:Shinigami:.
06-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Isn't this anime one of the best!! If you don't know what it is try watching it. Even thought its Gothic it has a lot of funny stuff put into it!!:D

snjkakashi
06-02-2007, 01:30 AM
I heart D.Gray-Man, although I heart the manga more. It's art is really amazing actually. Lavi is the best ^_^

Gjallarhorn
06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I've been reading the manga for a long time, and when I found out there was going to be an anime I was psyched...and then I watched it. I found the animation to be average, and the voices to be good, but I hate the way Allen was portrayed. It just didn't fit the Allen that I had seen in the manga...also, most of the art style in the manga was lost to the anime, and it went with that almost generic styling mixed in with a bit of the original style...I see that more and more recently. So, I watched the first episode, and decided to just stick with the manga.

macus2
06-02-2007, 01:23 PM
i freaking love that show, but cos of my shoddy internet, i only have the frist 26 eps T.T

i wana dye my hair like allens xD

Souhi
06-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Xero's got the right idea...I'm a little more forgiving. So I keep up with the anime weekly. To me, Allen comes off much softer and less...well there's just something about his manga counterpart that's lost in translation. And it's mainly Allen.

Still I'll watch it. Rather read it though. Art style is pretty good and the characters grow on me by the chapter. I also love the darker undertones of the manga, that are dulled in the anime.

Comparing them side by side in my head...there's a lot that feels different.

Bottom line, I like the series.

snjkakashi
06-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Comparing them side by side in my head...there's a lot that feels different.

True. True.

Shinigami Ichigo
06-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I would love to read the manga, but scanlations are of too varying quality, and I am not a fan of VIZ works in general. The anime, to me, as someone who hasn't read the manga, is excellent. Downloaded all the episodes so far, and watched the first 26 in about 2 days. Hope they don't totally jack up the ending around 52.

macus2
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
is it me or is general cross just a pimp master

Lipan_Conjuring
06-14-2007, 01:21 AM
I've seen a few episodes of the anime, and my friend is crazy about it and has seen twenty something episodes.
I like it so far.
Never read the manga though.

pyre
06-14-2007, 03:52 AM
I LOVE D.Grayman! I've only seen the manga up to that part where JasDebi looks like she/they defeat/s Crowley...I love Allen! He's just SO lovable! :love:

It is Gothic, and would shock anyone of my religion who was seriously fanatic/extremist, but I like how the story goes. It was a tad disturbing at the beginning, but maybe that's just me and my Catholic upbringing. I got used to it anyhow.

I love how the atmosphere really fits.

I hope someone gets the idea to show the anime over here in the Philippines...and not just on cable, please...

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_55271467101a68799b.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=12688)

macus2
06-16-2007, 02:30 PM
i just finished watching ep 35, and the next one looks cool

kiyoshimo
06-17-2007, 11:45 PM
I haven't watched any of the episodes, but I've read up to Volume 5. ^^ That's all they have released in America; I'm too lazy to look it up online. Ehehehe. x3

demonbane
07-12-2007, 06:33 AM
Oh Darm....
I want Too see D.Gray-Man...
But my Brother steal it...
Darm....

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
I've heard of it, but haven't read the book yet, nor saw the anime. But I sure will try watching the anime, or reading the manga. It sounds really interesting.

Dengaku
07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
I love it. It's my favorite manga series.

Interpreter
08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
I've been reading the manga for a long time, and when I found out there was going to be an anime I was psyched...and then I watched it. I found the animation to be average, and the voices to be good, but I hate the way Allen was portrayed. It just didn't fit the Allen that I had seen in the manga...also, most of the art style in the manga was lost to the anime, and it went with that almost generic styling mixed in with a bit of the original style...I see that more and more recently. So, I watched the first episode, and decided to just stick with the manga.

Totally agreed. The manga was WAY better. I think I like Kanda and Lavi though, those two are just so cool! The gothic influences actually sorta made the story more compelling, coz its unavoidable from any community, and not even from manga/anime.

GrimStride™
08-22-2007, 02:10 AM
I've seen a few eppisodes of the anime but i didn't realy like it.The whole story and fighting machines and some weird weapons(like main characters big arm)

Katsu
08-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Watched up to 20. and read a bit or the manga. They are different, that's for sure. I love the art style though.

Also, Lavi/Ravi = :love:

kikyo25
08-31-2007, 03:07 AM
allen walker = bean sprout XDXD
lenalee so pretty!!!

no commence but it is a funny show

iiiasdfkl
08-31-2007, 03:43 AM
heard: yes.
saw: never. it sounds kinda cool, though.:)

Trina
09-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Anyone can tell me which Chapter of the manga is nice?

cHiBiFiEd
09-17-2007, 04:10 AM
I love this series. I'm up to ep48 or so in the anime and I've started collecting the manga.

Lavi ish luff!!
And Road Kamelot is just adorable.. ^0^

red_sky300
10-18-2007, 04:31 AM
i freaking love that show, but cos of my shoddy internet, i only have the frist 26 eps T.T

i wana dye my hair like allens xD

lol allen hair in d.grayman kind of reminds me of a emo person ..... i looks so kwl; i want it ...im dyin my hair silver for halloween an growing it...0.o