PDA

View Full Version : Second Life

The Nightingale
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
has anyone played second life?
its a really fun ONLINE game thtas like sims only better. I like to fly around places.
my girls name is Kaeyena Palmer

LightningSage
06-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I've heard of this game from my friend...It sounds fun. A world where you can create your own items and stuff? I haven't tried it out yet though, but I plan to.

Knightmare
07-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah I just recently saw this game and it seemed intereting especially since I like the sims.

Khaos
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I stuck to Second Life for few reasons. First, I'm a coder, and the scripting language is very interesting. Second, it allows very simple creation of 3D objects. Third, I met nice people quickly.

But overall, I stopped visiting that world. Why? Simple. The scripting language has proven to be very limited. For example, when I wanted to write a quiz script, I figured out there's no nice way to save stuff -- boo hoo, I had to hack up: I made some "dataspheres" which stored user's identity in a texture, and his score in a color; imagine that. The object creation turned out to be very cumbersome, and uploading any kind of texture required paying 10 "linden dollars". You did get some for free every week, but that was very little, especially when everyone in that world tries to sell you something. And the friendships were easily formed and even more easily deformed.

Second Life isn't nothing special, and once you spend some time "in there", you get to see that. First Life is better... and if I say that, then you know how "unspecial" Second Life is.

Ever Uke
08-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Second life is a ton of fun, especially when you have lots of friends to play with. I happen to play under a furry avatar.

DreamScape
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
i was playing Secound Life to :) Prety cool game :p