PDA

View Full Version : Are you doing your best for school?

Howling Star
05-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Hello 1st I want no spam in this topic.. =x

Ok my question is do you work hard on school I am just a lazy guy... I kinda never study for things mostly forget my homework and I just want to make fun.

Are you like this ? Or did you have that how did you get off your lazy bum and started doing your best ?

Note if your off school and did your best or didn't let me know the results if you want =p

Tsuneki
05-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Nah. I sleep in class. I get at least 3 detentions in one day.
The only class I don't sleep in and I work hard in is my first and second hour,
which is Piano. And sometimes I work hard in 7th and 8th hour, which is Reading and Language, but I still fall alsleep.

Levanter
05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
I wish I could say that I am, but lately...I'm not. Being just a few months away from graduation just takes the wind out of you. Like, you suddenly have nothing left, and all you want to do is just cross the finish line already. >_< Sad but true.

hameht
05-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Well...Since school is almost over, I could've done better in school this year. Kinda just take things easy. I get decent grades, but I'd like to do better. Next year I'm going to have to gun it out cause I'll be a junior and college is around the corner, plus I don't wanna have to take final exams (if you get a B average in our school throughout the whole year, you don't have to take finals). Yeahp.

zyronet
05-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I admit, I'm one lazy person. About studying, really.. yes, i don't study much but i do get good grades!! But for our next school year, i might change a bit, i need to study more, to get into a great university.. I do use some of what i learn from school, well, if i don't use what i learn from school, it would be such a waste.
But i can't help not listening to some subjects, that is if the topic is boring. And does not interest me much.

Princess Reina
05-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I hate school. I'm a lazy gurl who plays video games in class and doesn't study much. My testbooks are messy and almost all notes I have from friend. Hehe, I'm not geeky^^

bttr
05-28-2007, 11:12 AM
English-Daydream time
Science-Nap time
Maths-Tired
History-bored
Geography-Daydream
Home ec(Boys and girls do Home ec)-Tired
Art-Sorta fun ^_^
Computers-Being thought what I already know &#172;_&#172;!II
Religion-Not in that class anymore
Irish-Is maith liom(I like it)

.Lovebeat
05-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I take school VERY seriously... or well, I used to, and I just studied studied and studied and did every single homework... which led me to stress and bleh... I'm trying to relax now and skip homeworks I know I don't need to do from time to time. My homeroom teacher said that I should relax a lot anyway because of my previous school problems.
But still, I take school seriously and I'm a person who's pretty much afraid of getting lower grades. So I try my best to keep my grades as they are or aim for higher.

izzy14backstabber
05-28-2007, 11:20 AM
not really... why do u have to do ur best at the most boring place on Earth (to me)???

Howling Star
05-28-2007, 11:25 AM
So most is lazy. For those who do they're best what do you think of if you do your best ? How can you resist making fun and study etc ?

death-angel
05-28-2007, 11:31 AM
nope... i don't do my best in school.

im kinda the lazy person.i don't listen to teacher especially when the subject is pretty boring.instead of listening, i just sometimes daydream or stare at the teacher.plus in group activity i don't cooperate neither do something for the group, which somethings get me in trouble...

i still do my homework though.just to keep my grades up.
when it comes to test i don't study much but still i get good grade (wonder why -_-)lol...some of my classmate think im smart coz they don't see me studying not even at home but i still get good grades ^_^.

Riina-chan
05-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes and no... It depends what subject... But I always try my ''best''. ^^

aishiteru333
05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
There's hardly anything to do at school so I just put my head down and listen to NIRGILIS and FLOW. I have good grades, though.

RodandNicky
05-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I actually do my best in school, I take it very seriously, and I listen in every single class, (accept biology, my teacher hates me) but I study for every test. Right now though, at the end of the year, I am starting to get LAZY!!! :D

-akichan-
05-28-2007, 01:29 PM
It depends on my mood and how much i like the teacher xD

I usually would try my best, but when i don't feel like it, then i wouldn't ><;

Aulos
05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty lazy.

The fact that I'm on here right now instead of studying for my finals tomorrow says it all.

Tiamat
05-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I graduate middle school in 2 days.
Yay me~!

I have a B+ adv. in every class, except History, Reading, and Band, which is an A- - A+.
In English, it's really more of a C+ - B-.

I did fine on my tests...they're not finals, it's a four-subject test for the 8th grades, but the determine of you pass/fail the grade.

Math - C+, Reading - A+, History - A+, Science - A-.

...I could have done WAY better.

I'm still thinking whether to take Pre-AP English and Pre-AP History next year or not...you get 5 extra points on your report card for taking it, so that'll help...but...

I'm gonna have to push it more if I wanna get a good score for college and stuff.

sa5m
05-28-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm a very strick study person. XD I stayed up till at least 12:00 A.M. for the last two weeks studying for finals and doing crap projects that all my teachers tried to squeeze in at the end of the year. XD

I'm proud to say that my GPA is very close to a 4.0... Not sure what exactly, but it's very close... >.> I need a life. ^^;

I've been trying extra hard this year (sophomore year) because it is such an important year for my college resume. I plan on working hard next year too. As for my senior year... after I get my college acceptance letter... I'M GOING ALL OUT! I'm gonna do whatever I want, whenever I want. I'll still get good grades, but I won't be as serious about it. I won't freak out at every A- anymore! Ah, I can't wait! :D That'll be the good life!

smile1010
05-28-2007, 01:55 PM
No : ) I am not.

Shadow of nothin
05-28-2007, 03:13 PM
well to tell u the truth me and the skool never get along :rolleyes:
it's just tick me off when i wake up from 6 AM for the skool
y'know i don't have much sleep and Energy
and I HATE FRENCH LESSON it's really boring
and history class OH GOD !!!! don't let me talk about it cuz u'll sleep with me too

i love sport lesson .... ^^ it's my FAV,
and I LOVE cafeyeria cuz there i can be with my friends

and in shorted way..... i'm not doing my best for school not really
and i'm a lazy gurl .............

i juz talked to much i think i reached to the point LOL

Ricecakes™
05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Uh, well I guess I'd say No. ^^
If I at least tried, maybe wouldn't get so many 'unturned homework things in', but I guess I just forget too much ;C
Oh, yes, and I DO have my good classes, but usually when I focus in on ONE class, I ending up coming close to failing the others.
1st Period - Creative Writing ..eh. I hardly listen to my teachers rants. B+
2nd Period - Math/Slacking off *FUN* Class (because we get to watch movies) I do well in that class, because we don't do much at all. &&!! The teacher likes me! w00t. A- (minus??)
3rd Period - English/studies. Love the class, hate English xD C+
4th Period - More Math. Because I'm..that cool? I never turn homework in ;_; C+
5th Period - HISTORY. YUCK. B
6th Period - Gym, yay! I Love Gym, and I always get A+'s
7th Period - Science. My teacher looks like Bob Marley. Pwnd. B+

Mazrim Taim
05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I am a slacker. That is all.

Eris
05-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Do I do my best? Not really, I make an effort, but I don't put 110&#37; into it. Mainly because doing that works short term, but in the end, you'll just burn out and be unable to do 40%.

Buruku
05-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I've never done my best in school, my priorities are never were they should be. In classes that don't interest me at all I do the bare minimum, but in things I really like I put a lot more effort into it, just depends.

I do wish I would pull my head out and be a better student though, but I have gotten better.

AngelQueen17
05-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Well....meh...I am not exactly a procrastination person, only on weekends I am. I hand in all my assignments on time, but I am not exactly a complete homework person. Sometimes I forget about the assignment, or I leave on of my books at school my mistake. Sometimes I can either fall asleep when I sleep late at night, or be a lazy person at times. Overall I am a normal Junior High student.

Sobriquet
05-28-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm a lazy type of person however, I always get my work done. I'm not really doing my best for school but my grades are okay and I'm fine with it.

Howling Star
05-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I see I today have to talk with my parents they did go to an parent meeting and they ain't that happy. =p xD So wish me luck =x =(

Antares
05-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I do great in college and did great at school. I don't like homework most of the time but I still do it. For exams, I don't study that hard for them :p during the months I read about the subject and pay attention to class, at the end I don't need the book or my notes... that's for theoric classes. Math and others like it, I practice the exercises at home (never at class, I just watch how the teacher does it) and get the grip of them really fast.

WIXIE
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
In school huh. My friends (Malay only) said that I'm good in everything. The fact is, I always study the night before my exam day and I always play and watch anime. Even in this year, I've got big exam (PMR) I still have chance to watch movies. Hahaha..... My teacher on this year are very boring. My math teacher unlike me. I'm totally hate her! My BM teacher is okay. Every free period (which don't have teacher) I'll sleep. It's hard to school in Malaysia. Homework everyday and if we don't finish our homework, principle right away! Huh....:banghead: It's 5 times already I went to see discipline teacher for my bad attitude eventhough I'm a prefect. Hehe..

*Because I love to make things on my own way.

Anpan Hayase
05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I depends on the season. I do well during winter. It's more school-season-ish. I dunno.

Chi#1
05-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Well....i don't try my best thats for sure! I just do what i have to do. I don't study most of the time, espeacially not for big test (cuz teh school preps u for that...duh..thats what school is for), why? because i don't need to..lool...i just do whatever i know..and it all works out. 've never failed a class, i've never gotten a detension, i've only had 1 tardy since my whole high school life began (and that was b/c of my bf back then><). My record is pretty much clean. I'm a B+ average student. I'd have to say im kind of a goodie goodie, but i do sleep sometimes and not pay attension, but my teachers r cool, so i get away with it (teachers pet :3...unless i hate the teacher >_<)

Neal Raven
05-29-2007, 03:29 PM
well i never really needed to work hard for good grades
so the last years ive almost never studied, except for the exams, and just made sure my tasks were about ok

im in my last year of highschool, never doubled a year and im going to college, all without studying
so i guess it works for some, though i know someone who works his of and is worse then me at most subjects

Abstract Me
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Hm, most of the time, yes, I do my best.

I don't see grades as the most important thing; However, I kind of have a zest for learning, so while I'm paying attention, I don't do it so I can get the credits/get a hundred. I absorb the lesson because I'm interested. Then, the good grades naturally just come because I paid attention.

For something I'm not too fond of, I get it done, but that's about it. It's a "I have to do it" kind of thing. I don't strive to do spectacular in that class, I just try to pass.

But I keep in mind, whoever has the highest grade isn't necessarily the smartest person. It's just not true.

Acnologia
05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, kinda wanna pass english ._.