PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connection issues.

Tetsanosuke
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm at my school's computer because of the obvious issue.

It seems that my wireless internet isn't working. It says the signal strength is excellent yet the status is barely connected. I'm using road runner wireless.

When I attempt the repair command it says it hasn't a valid IP Address, and it changes to 0.0.0.0 and so on. It also said that it didn't have a default gateway, in the details it was blank.

This happened before, and though one computer in my house is working it's inconveniently located and thus I haven't time to do things in there, plus my IMs aren't allowed on there.

So if you can give me suggestions I'd be greatful. I want a quick fix because the next opening in service is in a few days and I have many people who I act as a psychologist to, not only that I have other reasons.

(Note: I tried unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in.)

███
05-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Has it only just started happening or is it a new computer?

Tetsanosuke
05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
I've had this computer near a year (Got it last august)

This similar issue happened about a few months back, 2 or 3.

It seemed to just go away before the tech services came.

Storm Strife
05-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Have you tried manualy setting the IP address, default gateway, etc?

Tetsanosuke
05-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure which numbers to use, I don't want to screw up the setup. >.<;

BTW, this is a lapse in the problem. The internet decided to work for some reason.

But I'm not sure how long it'll last.

Eris
05-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Start->Run, run "ipconfig /release", and then run "ipconfig /renew"

That will fix most network issues. If that doesn't work, reboot, try again.

If that doesn't work, pester the network admins about it. It might be that the wireless router is under dimensioned, and limits the number of people who can access it at the same time.

Tetsanosuke
05-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the help, but it came back on it's own. >.<;;;

But I C/Ped Eris's advice so next time I have a reference. Thank you for your time.

yamikokogunneko08
05-26-2007, 03:01 PM
check your modem cuz it coould be that the modem has a problem....ive had that happen to me before and it was usually the modem but it could also be the computer that the modem is hooked up to........the reason why it says that you have and excellent connection though is cuz you are close by to the wireless router/adapter...i just had to fix my wireless and had many problems with it