PDA

View Full Version : still playing the old systems?

RockStar
05-17-2007, 06:26 PM
does any one else still play N64 or other old systems? if so what do you play?

i love the old systems and i still think the greatest game EVER is Starfox 64.

Climaximus
05-17-2007, 06:38 PM
ugh, my god. i WISH i had my N64 still, but i ended up selling and all my games along with my Super NES. stupidest thing i've ever done. i agree though, Star Fox was awesome :D never got bored of that game. not the greatest game EVER, but high on the list of the greatest games ive ever played

(_YvOnSo_)
05-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeh, my brother sold my N64, PLUS he had to sell the coolest game ever for it. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. And the coolest one, Zelda: Majora's Mask.

And the Super Nintendo, they sold it, too. WITH all the coolest Mario and Yoshi games on it.

Yeh those were the days. But he sold them bout a year ago, so thats past me now.

Sandro
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Ah Good times, good times. Zelda: Ocarina of Time was a great title. And we can all agree that the Water Temple sucked :laugh: Being a FPS fan, I absolutely loved Perfect Dark. Gotta give credit to Golden Eye though. I think that revolutionized consel shooters and without it, we wouldn't have had PD, Halo, TimeSplitters, and such. :ninja:

unspun
05-17-2007, 08:34 PM
roflmao I have my n64 along with 47 working games.

my snes I only kept donkey kong + country, mario allstars + world, MK3 and killer instinct

my nes I kept battle of olympus, zelda, mario/duck hunt, mario 2 + 3, tmnt arcade & kid icarus

and they all work fine ^.^

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
I haven't played any of my old consoles in a while, but I do play PC games that only run in DOS, so same difference.

Khanxay
05-17-2007, 09:07 PM
My answer to the title: Hell Yeah!

Souhi
05-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Depends on what you define as "old"

I still occasionally play my PS1 and Game Boy Color. Nothing kills time on a rainy day like Pokemon, Tekken, Tomba etc. I never did make that leap to next gen.

Kuga
05-17-2007, 09:32 PM
I wish....

But nooo. Sis had to sell the SNES and stepbro gave away his N64. -Sob- I miss playing Mario Kart 64 & Goldeneye on N64... and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on SNES. Arg.

Regex
05-18-2007, 09:53 AM
This is so sad.... Nintendo 64 is what you're calling old :(

I play my original Nintendo and Super Nintendo to this day..

Ωmega
05-18-2007, 09:55 AM

lol, you and me both. I also still have my old Sega, though all I have on it is the Lion King and Sonic =)
And yes, I still play my 64. Ive got Pokemon Snap, Mario 64 and Diddy Kong racing for it. Thats its really.

Marionette Kadaj
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
I still have my NES... ... heh heh heh.
And the big grey original gameboy. (did anyone other than me get the special edition Ice Blue Mini Gameboy???)

bttr
05-18-2007, 10:20 AM
I have most of the old ones

Gameboy.Gameboy color,Gameboy advance,Gameboy advance SP,Snes,Nin 64,Sega,Playstation one and something else can't remember.

Gaarademon
05-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Classics, I love the Nintendo, some of the games I play are Contra,Duck Hunt, Mario Bros., double dragon II, gyruss, and pinball I'll never get sick of those games :D

FallenDevil
05-18-2007, 12:00 PM
I play the old games i admit it, What can you do though they are fun (I mean Final fantasy 9 and 7 are awesome)

Gaarademon
05-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I play the old games i admit it, What can you do though they are fun (I mean Final fantasy 9 and 7 are awesome)
i still cant beleive ff7 been out for ten years now but it's a classic

Storm Strife
05-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Only through emulators, the oldest pure console I've ever owned was a Playstation. My Amiga 1200 is in an awkward position to use it, and the only time I can touch the Commodore 64 is when I go over my grandfather's house on sundays, so I use WinUAE and CCS64, respectively.

Khanxay
05-18-2007, 03:04 PM

I think "old" is referring to when systems were all about gameplay rather than most of the flashy stuff we get now.

Almirith
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
i still have mt N64 and gameboy pocket, not many games though :(

氷の動物
05-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Yah I still got all my old ones (although my NES died which made me sad).

Some of the games I still play are: Ogre Battle 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy III (VI), Final Fantasy II (IV), Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, ...

I love whipping out one of the classics every so often and replaying it... always brings back some great memories of all the times I've played the game before.

Capernicus
05-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Ahh, Super Mario PRG for the SNES was so awesome. Mario in a turn based setting. X3 Real twist on the old platform ways.

I still think that Zelda: A Link to the Past was an awesome SNES game. And of course Ocarina of Time was just bomb. I mean BOMB!

BiggSam
05-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I play Excite Bike 64 all the time. I also love a good game of Super Smash Bros.

RockStar
05-19-2007, 12:33 AM
i guess i got lucky. my dad has this obsession with electronics so i've got three 64's, two gamecubes, at least five GBs, and all the old systems besides one of the segas. (i dont remember what it was called. i have the genesis) yes that includes most versions of atari.

and my idea of "old" is two system generations back (ex. n64 is old because most nintendo fans atleast have a gamecube if not yet a wii. also ps1).

Gizoku
05-19-2007, 01:45 AM
:] Of Course. I play the N64 [Pokemon Puzzle, and Zelda], Super Nintendo [Mario, The Batman Returns, Judge Dredd, The Lion King, and someother ones....I wish I still had the Spiderman Game...that was fun.], and The really Old Thick gameboys, those were the best <3

Eris
05-19-2007, 05:45 AM

Indeed. Heck, the even the SNES is new kid on the block compared to geezers like the C64 and NES. They've got the official right to go "Get off the lawn!" on all the newer systems.

I think "old" is referring to when systems were all about gameplay rather than most of the flashy stuff we get now.

That was still the case with the N64. Almost all games that were sold for the N64 were sold because they were 3D, and that was new. Gameplay completely irrelevant to this new spacial dimension.

razzen88
05-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I still have my jolly ol' SNES. Ah man, its so much fun to play^^

and I have about twenty NES games but no system. sweet jeebus, finding a working NES is like trying to find the Holy Grail

MasterLuna
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Heh, I have a few oldies. Nintendo(the original thing), Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64. I haven't played any of them for a long time but my fav game for Nintendo was the game where I got to shoot the crap outta those ducks. xD That was pretty fun. And Mario. I cannot forget how many times I played Mario on that thing. I died so many times though but I can never forget playing that game. For Super Nintendo, I absolutely adore Kirby. I love that game so much and I played it a lot even when I had my Game Cube and Nintendo 64. I loved Kirby, a lot. Now for Nintendo 64, my favorite game was Super Smash Bros which I got for my Game Cube since I didn't own it on 64. I just borrowed it from my neighbor. Oh yeah and the Pokemon puzzle game, Pokemon Stadium both 1 and 2, and Yoshi's Story. I loved all of those games a lot. Right and I also have Gameboy Color, advanced and well I guess the SP wouldn't be considered too old. But yup, I have a lot of old stations. I don't play them anymore which is a shame but it's fun to remember the memories you had of playing them all. I also remember playing Sega but that was owned by my cousin so all I got to play was Sonic. I loved that game. So there ya have it. When I was younger, I was a total game freak. xD

Baby Serena
05-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow, old games huh?

Well I've had an attari (first game system ever made by nintendo), nintendo nes (regular nintedo, the first one), super nintendo, sega saturn, sega genisis, game boy, game boy advanced, nintendo 64, game cube, x-box, playstation 2 (which I have now), and now I also have the nintendo WII. I think that's pretty much every game system ever made, lol. The main game that I do tend to play on all those systems is Zelda. I absolutly love that game and still do, although it is pretty hard to do it on the WII and I don't like that one too much. Well I think that's it.

Storm Strife
05-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Well I've had an attari (first game system ever made by nintendo).

Umm...no, the first system(s) made by Nintendo were the Colour TV Game consoles. The Atari line of consoles were created by Atari Inc.

Tsukino_Usagi
05-20-2007, 01:07 AM
I still the play the old systems, these are
the systems I'm currently playing, Famicom,
Super Famicom, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast.

███
05-20-2007, 04:41 AM
I am surprised no one mentions Shinning force 1 and 2 for the genesis; they were great games. The remake for the gameboy advance butchered it though.

(_YvOnSo_)
05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I am surprised no one mentions Shinning force 1 and 2 for the genesis; they were great games. The remake for the gameboy advance butchered it though.

Hek, nvr heard of that game. -_-

razzen88
05-20-2007, 09:04 PM

I've only played SF 2. It was so great, one of the best games I've ever played!

ugh, there was a remake? Whoever remade the game didnt need to do that. It was awesome in the first place!

The Blue Baron
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I love mario tennis on the best of its time N64

The Nightingale
05-23-2007, 10:19 AM
yes ^_^ i play N64 still. i like 007:golden eye, legend of zelda oricana of time. i alos mario kart and super smash bros

Khanxay
05-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Blasphemous Feind[/B] ]
Hek, nvr heard of that game. -_-
DIE! cough..I mean..you serious?

.Lovebeat
05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I wish I could, but I lost some... wires? Whatever, so I can't connect it to the tv <.< and I'm talking about my PS1. Yes, if I could, I'd enjoy spending some time with my dear PS1. Last time I played on an old system was for like... 6 months ago, and it was my boyfriend's PS1 too.

It's not THAT old, but if I'd love to play on my Gameboy Advance. I've lost it though. Somewhere. ._.

Ranshiin
05-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I still play on my Genesis.

And, it still works. Perfectly. Back in those days consoles were indestructible and the damn Genesis is the proof. xD

Marshmallow Fluff
07-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Nintendo 64.
Is.
The.
Bomb.

zaaaaaz
07-13-2007, 03:28 AM

And, it still works. Perfectly. Back in those days consoles were indestructible and the damn Genesis is the proof. xD

Ha, yeah. I must've dropped it and stepped on it plenty of times, it still works fine.

Toejam & Earl is probably one of the games I keep going back to play on my Genesis.
N64 would have to be Perfect Dark & 007 Goldeneye, hands down, two of the best shooter games ever made for the system.

Regex
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM

If the Genesis ever truly "worked" in the first place.....

Ranshiin
07-13-2007, 10:05 AM
If the Genesis ever truly "worked" in the first place.....Well actually it's the "Mega Drive" here, I just used the US name for easier reference.

I also forgot to add the "II" because I don't have the original Genesis, but the smaller one with the red power / reset buttons. But yes, it still works even though half the wires in my controller are hanging out of the cable casing.

Pokie Bear
07-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Nope, I don't anymore! And if I do it's through Emuuuu ;O. I losted my NES and SNES. ~.~

Rem
07-13-2007, 03:27 PM
The only old systems I ever play are the saturn and dreamcast, and even then it's for fighting games. Emulation meets my needs if I ever want to play the genesis, snes or whatever. I own all the systems but carts are a pain. And if you're dealing with the nes just forget about it.

nameless_face_of_truth
07-14-2007, 10:05 PM
no... sadly... only gamecube now but i have the collectors edition of zelda which lets you play ocarina of time and majora's mask so that sorta counts...

Gouki
07-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I still play SNES Kirby superstar 8 games in one and............. Legend of zelda a link to the past best zelda game ever.

Atrumrox
07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Ah Good times, good times. Zelda: Ocarina of Time was a great title. And we can all agree that the Water Temple sucked :laugh: Being a FPS fan, I absolutely loved Perfect Dark. Gotta give credit to Golden Eye though. I think that revolutionized consel shooters and without it, we wouldn't have had PD, Halo, TimeSplitters, and such. :ninja:

I agree. Ocarina of Time was awsome. Its the only zelda game i played twice.

Hamashimura
07-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Ah,the good old systems...
There were some awesome games...
On SNES I enjoyed playing Kunio-Kun Nekketsu stuff,those were awesome games...
On Sega Genesis I'm playing Shining Force 1 and 2,Phantasy Star 4,Mortal Kombat 3(since I dislike the newer MK's),the Sonic games,along with Sword of Vermillion...
Oh,oh,and Echo:The Tides of Time one of my favorites ^_^
On N64 I play Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Stadium...
Hmmm...
Does PS1 falls into this category?
If does,then that one too,along with good games such as Tenchu 1 and 2,Tekken 3,Bloody Roar 2,Chrono Cross,Final Fantasies,Xenogears etc.
Older games are usually better,that's why I'm playing it,especially rpg's such as Shining Force on genesis,or Tales of Phantasia for NES...
Their graphics's are low quality,but the storyline kick's ***

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
07-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Wow .... old games and consoles huh?

I still have my SEGA Mega Drive with some games on it ... love playing Rock 'n' Roll Racing just for a laugh on that one :laugh: and also still have my original Spectrum with the casette tape games I had but can't remember em all as haven't had chance to play on it in absolutely ages >.>

555slipknot666
07-17-2007, 05:56 AM
i play my snes i got super mario, donkey kong, and mario kart i love the old games

i also got the ps1 and i play command and conquer

ShadowGoddess
07-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Yes =] I have a N64, I have Super Mario, Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time (I'm at the fire temple boss once more =]) and 1080: Ten Eighty snowboarding game.

Azel
07-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I still play my playstation. FF9, Marvel vs. Capcom, Spyro and Resident Evil are the only games I have for it though. Used to play Turrok, Mario Party, alot of stuff on my N64 but the thing fried. Good times..Good times..

Zanethose
07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
I have all three new systems (PS3, 360 and Wii) and I still play my PSX. My favorite games are on that thing!

Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Legend of Legaia
Final Fantasy VII

Oh, those were the days...

Knightmare
07-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I have the Snes console and still play all the old Megaman X games.

also I have megaman anniversary collection for ps2 which has all the old Nes megamans if that counts and capcom classics which has street fighter 2.

Ami~chan
07-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I love playin' my old N64. I actually beat Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time yesterday, for about the billionth time. Other games I still regularly play:

1. LoZ: Majora's Mask
2. Super Mario 64
3. Banjo Kazooie
4. Banjo Tooie
5. Donkey Kong 64
6. Starfox

I'm pretty sure there are others I can't think of right now. But anyways, most of these games are still incredibly fun to me, even after years of playing them.