PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to "The World"

NekoTimmay
05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
"Wow" is all I can say. I started playing ".Hack//GU - Volume 1" this weekend and I was blown away through the roof as far as expectations go. I know Volume 2 came out recently and my only worry is what if the story goes over the initial 3. Would I just be wasting my hard earned money? or do you think it is a worthwhile investment?

All of this "Hacking" has sparked my intrest into a raging forest fire and I am |---| that close to bugging someone about starting my very own .Hack forum. *shrugs*

Feel free to post here or PM me with any comments/advice.

Light Buster
05-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Well, I give this game a 3 out of 5 if I rated it. There's two reasons why I like this game:

1) Friendly AI has been approved greatly. (There finally more help.)

2) Enemies are now more challenging.

That's it. Otherwise, this game has more talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk....

At least this game is better than the other Hack games.

Saint Mana
05-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Could either of you tell me if .hack//GU is better/worse than .hack//INFECTION?
I mean, I enjoyed the game, and got absolutely everything out of it, but the prospect of doing it again for three more games was horrifying. What I want to know is, if I play .hack//GU, with I likely want to continue playing the series through to the end of the third game?

xXAltairXx
05-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Dude Hack is fun but challenging, But i like playing the old games.

Game Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X
Console: PS2

~SakuraHaruno~
05-17-2007, 01:39 PM
It depends on what you are into, from my point of view i higjly recomend it and it is no way a waist on your money... get more people say for this and see...

NekoTimmay
05-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm more concerned wether or not they're planning on telling this story in 3 Volumes.
[Or like Xenosaga when it first came out "no one knew how many there were supposed to be but I think due to sales/staff changes etc it was shortened from 6 or 9 to just 3]
I just don't want the "ending" to be a cliffhanger is all I'm saying.

Haseo_the_terror_of_death
05-21-2007, 06:26 AM
^_^ I JUST BEAT THE SECCOND VOLUME...ITS FUN BUT JUST A LITTLE SHORTLIVED AND I SEE THE STORY UNFOLDING BUT NONETHELESS ITS STARTING TO GET SEMI REPEDITIVE..... I LIKE g. u. MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST 4 I OWN ALL THE FIRST 4 AND THE 2 g. u. ONES BECAUSE THE 3RD ONE ISNT TRANSLATED YET....

Shinn Kamiyra
05-21-2007, 08:09 AM
The .hack series, as a whole in my opinion, is the kind of thing that not everyone is going to enjoy, or understand for that matter. In that regard, it is sort of like the Xenosaga series. Spanning over several anime series, numerous book titles, as well as the popular video game series that so many have come to know, .hack certainly has had its fill of surprises for all those who have been with it since it first started.

Now then... you asked as to whether or not the 2nd and 3rd .hack//G.U. Volumes are going to be worth spending your money on. Allow me to ask you this in return. Would you feel alright, simply quitting out before you've finished the story? If you can honestly say yes to that, then maybe you need to give some more hard pressed thought into whether or not you want to continue. If the answer's no, then I would suggest going ahead and buying it once it comes out.

Being a die-hard .hack fan myself, I'm definitely going to buy the final volume, no doubt. There're just way too many unanswered questions involved not for me to continue, especially considering the way Volume 2 ended.

Just for the record, seeing as how some people were questioning it, Volume 3 is going to be the last .hack//G.U. Volume 3: Redemption, is going to be the last of the .hack//G.U. games. Still, there's no real guarantee that this will be the end. I'm sure that .hack will fall into... a state of reclusion after the G.U. series concludes itself. But, you never know... in a couple of years, it just might be that .hack may once again resurrect itself into an even more amazingly popular series of games. I sure would like to see that.

So, in the end, the choice is up to you. You've got plenty of time before it comes out to decide.

Ardl
05-23-2007, 01:04 AM
I think it depends on the person, Cuz some people might like playing challenging which is fine, But some players like to play a little more easy based games which is fine to.

I really think it is based on the person and who they are really and what they like.

Thats my point of view.

If you don't like my point of view then thats fine.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: