PDA

View Full Version : Ill in the head

Eris
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
I've recently been plagued with dreams of love. The pointless Disney kind of love, that isn't about sex but about the sentimental bogus corporate conspiracy valentines card selling nonsense-type love. I don't know what to do? It's so frightening to wake up and feel all warm and fuzzy only to realize what horrible abomination of a dream you've had in your head!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there away to stop having these horrible dreams?! I'm afraid to go to sleep!

Capernicus
05-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Uhhhhh....well if you stay up for like 5 days, when you finally DO go to sleep your brain is too tired to even dream. Try that. =3

Anime is poison
05-14-2007, 02:16 PM
You can try watching The Shining, or playing Resident Evil games before you to go to bed :p

Howling Star
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Hmmm I have that to your cursed........ Hmm something you can do about it ? Use sleep pills I don't know for sure but maybe it doesn't reach the dream phase....

Buruku
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
YES!!!! It's finally happening!! Eris is finally crossing over. woot.

First this...next pink and fluffy.<3<3

Capernicus
05-14-2007, 02:40 PM
What about teh bunnehz? You can't forget them...

Regex
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM
It obviously means that your subconscious is tired of you denying something that is there, just because you don't understand it.

Try embracing the idea of love, and seek to experience it, rather than pretend it doesn't exist. Find your Prince Charming, and live happily ever after.

.Lovebeat
05-14-2007, 02:47 PM
It obviously means that your subconscious is tired of you denying something that is there, just because you don't understand it.

Try embracing the idea of love, and seek to experience it, rather than pretend it doesn't exist. Find your Prince Charming, and live happily ever after.
Now THAT is what I call a GOOD POST.
Regex might be THAT Prince Charming for you Eris.

Sometimes it also works by doing whatever to fulfill your needs. Since you're not having dreams about all that lovey-dovey and cute stuff, I suggest you to watch a lovey-dovey movie. Shrek 2 being a good one since it actually has it's own SEXY Prince Charming in it. Gogogogo watch! >D

Oh, this never happens to me btw.

Buruku
05-14-2007, 02:53 PM
What about teh bunnehz? You can't forget them...
Pink fluffy bunnies imo.

Regex might be THAT Prince Charming for you Eris.

Bah hahahahahah

Eris
05-14-2007, 03:01 PM
YES!!!! It's finally happening!! Eris is finally crossing over. woot.

First this...next pink and fluffy.<3<3

Do you honestly pink and fluffy could exist in the barren wasteland compassion that is my warped mind? I'm like Ebenezer Scrooge to the power of Montgomery Burns.

Sagat
05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Realize that it's your weaker and more base human instincts and emotions trying to gain a foothold on you and mentally rip apart these dreams, as in, analyze them and denounce them. Force those feelings back down deep inside where they can be locked away.

Eris
05-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Realize that it's your weaker and more base human instincts and emotions trying to gain a foothold on you and mentally rip apart these dreams, as in, analyze them and denounce them. Force those feelings back down deep inside where they can be locked away.

Sounds like a strategy that could work.

Regex
05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Clearly, that didn't work. That's what she has been doing to begin with. They were locked away, and they are starting to escape. The only way to make it go away is to remove them entirely, which wouldn't appear to be possible.

Unless..... How do you feel about hypnotism?

shinobi dog
05-14-2007, 03:23 PM
How about let your emotions out and see how it feels?

Eris
05-14-2007, 03:32 PM
How about let your emotions out and see how it feels?

That's just not me. I repress emotions of all sorts, and use rational thought and logic to deal with situations instead. Useful emotions like anger I bottle to some extent, so that I can channel disproportionate amounts of it when needs must.

bttr
05-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Go on Eris you know you want too.

bttr
05-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Should there of been a poll in this or will someone make a thread for one >.>;;;

Eris
05-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Should there of been a poll in this or will someone make a thread for one >.>;;;

Polls are meaningless. They are statistically irrelevant, and don't prove anything.

Buruku
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Well, Eris's whole attitude is part of what makes her unique, but I've never taken it too seriously. It amuses me, and it's kind of the opposite of how I am, so in a way I'm drawn to it.

Anyway, I don't think it will last forever. She may never like pink fluffy bunnies, but if she's dreaming about lovey stuff then I think it's just a matter of the right guy comming along and forceing her to surrender her cold and callous ways.

It'll happen. I just wish I could be there to lawl when it does. <3

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't know that romantic love doesn't exist, but I do think it's much ado about something statistically unlikely (much like shark attacks). Some people seem to want someone to accept them completely and bolster their weaknesses and things of that nature, but the vast majority just wants someone to do the laundry and/or give them money.

I occasionally get attacks of the former. But mostly I focus on loving myself (platonically). I'd much rather have a position of authority, a job I can at least tolerate, and maybe some minor fame (like Will Wright or Linus Torvalds level) instead of some person that loves me almost as much as I love myself, and who's feelings I reciprocate.

Oh... Eris, get Era Vulgaris by Queens of the Stone Age. It's on this subject. Doesn't really give any solutions though.

Antares
05-14-2007, 10:56 PM
If you really don't like those kind of feelings, don't let it win over you. And beware of wolves dressed in Prince Charming suits.. some of them have ways to pick up these kind 'desbalance' in people.

Aleyna
05-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Well, Eris's whole attitude is part of what makes her unique, but I've never taken it too seriously. It amuses me, and it's kind of the opposite of how I am, so in a way I'm drawn to it.

Anyway, I don't think it will last forever. She may never like pink fluffy bunnies, but if she's dreaming about lovey stuff then I think it's just a matter of the right guy comming along and forceing her to surrender her cold and callous ways.

It'll happen. I just wish I could be there to lawl when it does. <3

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/191/191933w6y7li1pgu.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com/) <- i was going for that she would turn into 1 of those
keep it in your sig as a reminder brooke that it could possibly(not may never) happen ^-^

and i think regex is rite, hypnotism could work well

megami, u amuse me, that could possibly another cure to end eris's dreams XD

OminousCloud
05-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Your subconscious wants somebody to love aww... or maybe you've just been watching too many Disney films.

Aleyna
05-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Your subconscious wants somebody to love aww... or maybe you've just been watching too many Disney films.
eris watches disney films?? O_o
i thought she despised them...
unless there is something we don't know about her
i mean we are discovering these dreams she's having
her fluffy side is finally starting to appear...she can't despise it no longer!!

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Honestly, I think Eris should just be happy Nokizaru hasn't got wind of this thread. Oh, the ribbing would never cease...

Cless Alvein
05-16-2007, 02:15 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g4/LanceWisteria/30%20-%20Funny%20Pictures/lold.jpg

Clawdia
05-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Rejoce! Embrace the butterflies! Your life is at a crossroads at this moment in time. Soon, you will have to make a difficult choice, but worry not! It's obvious you will choose the correct path!

Good lord, why am I not a fortune cookie? xD

Anjiru Ookami
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Ok, how about you just do something thats completely different from what your dreaming? Like since your dreaming of Disney style romance...Watch horror movies or just do something that has NOTHING to do with love XD

Kyo Kusanagi
05-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Once you start having these dreams, its over. Its time to give in to the Dark side of the Force ...... corny love.

Acnologia
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Once you start having these dreams, its over. Its time to give in to the Dark side of the Force ...... corny love.

I'm not sure if its too late but, Marry me? http://bleachexile.com/exec/images/emoticons/th_wtf.gif

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, romantic love. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Eris...Eris...Do not...Do not underestimate the powers of the Disney, or suffer your father's fate, you will.

UrusaiSevera
05-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the sugary sweet love they call hell.... You must repent your sins *having these overly sweet love dreams* and call of the unwanted desires... only then wil you be able to return to the barren wasteland you call heaven...

then I think it's just a matter of the right guy comming along and forceing her to surrender her cold and callous ways.
Sounds like rape to me :rolleyes:

Nespa
05-16-2007, 06:24 PM
eris having love dreams *pales and starts running around panicking* The world is gonna end! the world is gonna end! the world is gonna end! *waves her arms in panick*

Ollie
05-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Aww, romantic non-sex dreams? Lame. D:

unspun
05-16-2007, 06:36 PM
That's just not me. I repress emotions of all sorts, and use rational thought and logic to deal with situations instead. Useful emotions like anger I bottle to some extent, so that I can channel disproportionate amounts of it when needs must.

From this statement alone it seems that you've built up too many emotions somewhere and your subconscious is reacting to it. We are like volcanoes in that way, too much of one thing without a release and you'll go boom, sometimes in the subtle sense, as through dreams.

I'm not going to pretend to know for sure what they are but I'll bet you've had a fear of rejection somewhere in that cave you call a brain. Follow Rejex's advice, he seems to know what he's talking about.

Ollie
05-16-2007, 06:40 PM
IIRC, Eris is a female. And IIRC, she had a boyfriend at some point or another.

Of course, I'm working off the assumption that she was another person with a different name long ago at Tux, but I don't really have proof for that, so I could easily be wrong.

Masali
05-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Man, what is everyone's fascination with supressing emotion? It's REALLY getting old. I used to be like "OH LOL I'M MASALI AND I THINK I'M COOL BECAUSE I MAKE FUN OF EMO KIDS! LOL SHOWING UR EMOSHUNS IS TITTALY NOOOOT COOL". I couldn't keep that act up, it just got too boring. Life to me would be dreadfully boring without emotion, and no offense to you but you seem like you're a dreadfully boring person. You're not ill in the head, maybe the emotions you're trying to repress are trying to peak their "Nasty heads" out. And what is with everyone thinking that it's impossible to think logically while having emotions? That's garbage. It's fun to love, it's fun to be overly happy and giddy about little things, it's fun to be passionate.

unspun
05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Man, what is everyone's fascination with supressing emotion? It's REALLY getting old. I used to be like "OH LOL I'M MASALI AND I THINK I'M COOL BECAUSE I MAKE FUN OF EMO KIDS! LOL SHOWING UR EMOSHUNS IS TITTALY NOOOOT COOL". I couldn't keep that act up, it just got too boring. Life to me would be dreadfully boring without emotion, and no offense to you but you seem like you're a dreadfully boring person. You're not ill in the head, maybe the emotions you're trying to repress are trying to peak their "Nasty heads" out. And what is with everyone thinking that it's impossible to think logically while having emotions? That's garbage. It's fun to love, it's fun to be overly happy and giddy about little things, it's fun to be passionate.

where I do agree with you, I think "love me or I'll kill myself, and look at ALL OF MY PICTURES BECAUSE I AM SOOOOOO UGLY- because I really want attention" are very overplayed emotions indeed. Sometimes passion is just downright ugly.

-Batman-
05-16-2007, 06:57 PM
where I do agree with you, I think "love me or I'll kill myself, and look at ALL OF MY PICTURES BECAUSE I AM SOOOOOO UGLY- because I really want attention" are very overplayed emotions indeed. Sometimes passion is just downright ugly.

And sometimes passion could be downright beautiful. It all depends on what context passion is in. The word is too broad to generalize.

Personally, I used to think similar to the way Masali did.
But why bother? I found out that doing the whole "Surpress your emotions and think calculating and rationally" thing doesn't really do anything excepppt.
-Cause people you don't know to dislike you
-Pushes people who already liked you away.

And trying to hide emotions and thinking rationally also messes with your head. It's just not healthy. You tend to be so...Negative all the time. Which I was for a while, and I didn't like it.

You're not ill in the head. Just TRY your emotions out for a weekend. You may like it.

Masali
05-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Besides, being a cold, calculating, "I don't care about your problems because I'm too busy being rational to give you the time of day", person is a big turn off to most people.

Tsuna Kadiri
05-16-2007, 08:14 PM
The more you supress things, especially a fear of something, the worse it will bite back when something triggers it. It's never any fun. Especially if you've been trying to mask and repress it for years.

You don't need to be an emotional mushy wreck to be in touch with your emotions.

Tetsanosuke
05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Deadpool and Masali are thinking the way I am... well partly.

<Throws in a confused flurry of agreements and disagreements with the latter posts.>

Ahh.. the power of inferring..

Anyway, emotion is a part of the human build.
Emotion can be stored.
Emotion can be hidden, depending on who you are.
But emotion can never be demolished or vanquished.
And unless you really are screwed up in the head (trauma, ect), there's no way you can be void of emotions.

As for this cuddle-love stuff, I say hey, why the hell not? Give it a go and if that's as far as you ever go then that's your thing. If you don't feel better afterwards then seek an alternative route to your self organization and restoration of order.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-17-2007, 12:39 AM

There's a difference between being a Borg and not believing in romantic love. Emotions are the things that get you out of bed in the morning. When you get angry at someone for leaving stuff in the middle of the floor? That's emotion. The feeling you get when you get a new pony (or whatever you're into) - that's emotion. Romantic love is different from other emotions in that it can lead a person to do violent, self destructive things in much smaller doses.

I think the quest for it that so many people undergo, is just shades of pathetic. We all know those people who, at young ages, start looking for their perfect matches and try to convince themselves they are in love with whatever person they happen to be dating. It's like a pathological need for someone to except them. I don't discount that romantic love may happen to me, but neither do I search for or crave it. I have a high enough level of self esteem to be fine without it.

Ollie
05-17-2007, 03:58 AM
Manhatten is right.

Personally, I HATE obsession. I once got so into a guy that I literally couldn't get him out of my head. Then I realized how much that sort of stuff pissed me off, got really embarrassed and forced myself to chill out and get over it.

UrusaiSevera
05-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I think the quest for it that so many people undergo, is just shades of pathetic. We all know those people who, at young ages, start looking for their perfect matches and try to convince themselves they are in love with whatever person they happen to be dating. It's like a pathological need for someone to except them. I don't discount that romantic love may happen to me, but neither do I search for or crave it. I have a high enough level of self esteem to be fine without it.

I agree with you there... I also think it is pathetic how people have come to think that, having a steady boyfriend/girlfriend at the age of 14 is is the norm. This is an image i think media has implemented into our society...therefor people grab what they can or desperately start looking for love, whilest when the time is right love wil find you... you just have to recognize it... and don't get me wrong I dont believe in the romanticized idea of "love at first sight"...that is close to the most ridiculous thing I ever heard...

Myrra
05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I think Eris should just be happy Nokizaru hasn't got wind of this thread. Oh, the ribbing would never cease...
*le gasp* Noki doesn't know?
He could be the answer to all her woes.
The anit-Prince Charming
That or using the kill-yourself-cos-it's-so-pink skin for the site
And darn my luck that he's not on MSN currently.

How does Eris know about the Disney films? How much first hand experience does she have watching the likes of The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, or the classic of all classics, Cinderella

Antares
05-17-2007, 11:42 AM
How does Eris know about the Disney films? How much first hand experience does she have watching the likes of The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, or the classic of all classics, Cinderella

^That's a nice question...

But in all honesty, the whole point to this comes down to: she wants her dreams to come true right now or not? We don't know, maybe being the way she is right now makes her more happy than being all lovey dovey with some guy.

Eris
05-17-2007, 03:59 PM

I've done some research into the subject. You know, you need to know your enemy and all that.

bttr
05-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I've done some research into the subject. You know, you need to know your enemy and all that.

Thats what happened that day you were doing research you dream't about your fuzzy bunny's and that,that night or am I wrong?.

Eris
05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Thats what happened that day you were doing research you dream't about your fuzzy bunny's and that,that night or am I wrong?.

Nah, haven't touched it for a long while.

RockStar
05-17-2007, 05:08 PM
first off everything depends on the dream. are you dreaming of a close friend, or someone you don't really know, or a celebrity? i've made up people in my mind before and had cutesy dreams with them in it. it does feel really weird.

anyway to fix it i really like the "watch the shining or play resident evil before bed" idea.

Zedekiah
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Don't make me come over to Sweden and get you drunk and nihilistic again.

This is way over the line, even if it is a joke! Remember who you are, your misanthropy, your disgust, your ambitions of world destruction(s)!

If you fail to comply, you know what will happen.

-Batman-
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
If you fail to comply, you know what will happen.

You'll drown her in a sea of the cutest puppies and kittens on the planet?

Force her to prance through a happy meddow while many tropical birds sing a happy tune and bunnies frolic about around her feet?

Force her to watch Catwoman for 120 straight hours, over and over?

Wet Willy?

Grim Scythe
05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
whats sucks is that pretty soon your mind will be really clouded with these distractions and your mathematical deftness will suffer from it

and the stereotypical emo is a far cry from someone comfortable with their emotions, which in my opinion really shouldn't happen because bad decisions are caused by trusting feelings too much
no im not saying emotion is bad either

Zedekiah
05-23-2007, 06:51 PM
You'll drown her in a sea of the cutest puppies and kittens on the planet?

Force her to prance through a happy meddow while many tropical birds sing a happy tune and bunnies frolic about around her feet?

Force her to watch Catwoman for 120 straight hours, over and over?

Wet Willy?

Was thinking of rebooting her brain with a pair of plyers and a car battery, but I don't think she's too serious.

And to Grim, yes, but plural. The singular forms would be "Cogito" and "sum".

GaiSensei
05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
I think we're all scared over this O_O;