PDA

View Full Version : Which of your games has the most replay value

unspun
05-13-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah basically how it's stated. which game do you own, that has the most replay value for you.

for me it's final fantasy 10, and I really don't know why, but I'm on my 4th time through, even though I have about 20 games that I have yet to even open.

Grim Scythe
05-13-2007, 04:32 PM
both halos

bttr
05-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Samurai Warriors(series) .Hacking and slashing couldn't be so much fun ^_______________^

The Blue Baron
05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
samurai warriors 2 loved the gameplay and the cutscenes, also dynasty warriors 5 empires this game had strategy thinking and fighting very nice combination, Star wars battlefront 2 cannot stop playing this one i like it so i enjoy playing

Buruku
05-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Honestly for me its like no game has replay value, I always get sick of them, especially if I beat it.

The only ones I can go back and play are arcade games where I'm competeing with my high score, or some simulation game that you can't really beat.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about fighting games, fighters in general have excellent replay value. <3<3

razzen88
05-13-2007, 05:14 PM
SimAnt. no seriously XD

gunslingergirl_
05-13-2007, 05:34 PM
final fantasy 7 is the game worth to replay!!! ^__^ for me

koikazeflip
05-14-2007, 01:22 AM
for me.. it has to be madden.. hours and hours of my life have been spent playing the latest version of madden nfl..

MomijiTMO
05-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Disgaea 2. . . . I have spent 160 hours at Disgaea to get to level 260 and I still haven't done a quarter of the game..... The Courts. . . . so many bills to pass XD

Ichiro Matsuchani
05-14-2007, 07:51 AM
I am appalled that no one has mentioned Elder Scrolls Oblivion, the game that I have played and played again hundreds of times. It's possibly has the best replay value out of any single-player RPG on the market.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Civilization 3, Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Master of Orion 2, Gearhead, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2.

FallenDevil
05-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Disgaea 2, and .hack GU for me

Steee'heven
05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
If you consider it a video game to be beaten, which i do...World of Warcraft.

Console games though it has to be FFVII.

And nobody should forget all da Poke Monz!

Gaarawatchingyou
05-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I would definatley have to say Star Ocean:Till the end of time

I love it because the combat system is a combination of random event and live action batteling, the creation system has near infinite possibilities and even if you do find them all, the character list is even more extensive. I have logged over 300 hours of my life on the game, and still i have never completely beat the game, with all its alternate endings, and secrets. I just love playing it. It has some of the most awesome cutscenes i have ever seen, apart from ffX and ffXII

Phantom brave is also a pretty sweet turn based game

Ichiro Matsuchani
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Why do people keep saying Final Fantasy? Once you complete the game once, there's really nothing left.

Anime is poison
05-14-2007, 02:28 PM
1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Tales of Symphonia
3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
4. Pac-man (I play it constantly, so sue me, lol).

Regex
05-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Why do people keep saying Final Fantasy? Once you complete the game once, there's really nothing left.Ever watched a movie a second time through?

Crippe
05-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I say Tales of Symphonia. I think I have spent over 300 hours on that game ^^
I have cleard the game from the beginning to the end for like...5-6 times.
Love that game :D

unspun
05-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Ever watched a movie a second time through?

my sentiments exactly.

silvernutbar
05-14-2007, 03:40 PM
i'm going to be a heretic and said final fantasy IV... obviously the best game of the entire series... best plot, best character growth.. only needs to have a true and proper re-make instead of a graphical upgrade.

I tend to replay baldur's gate-ish ind of games a lot too.

barring that, I played jade empire a lot, and ninja gaiden black.

oh and since i'm sick and twisted, man-hunt.

Regex
05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
i'm going to be a heretic and said final fantasy IV... obviously the best game of the entire series... best plot, best character growth.. only needs to have a true and proper re-make instead of a graphical upgrade.Final Fantasy VI had more character growth (not to mention more characters) than IV did. And as much as I liked the classic "He's not your enemy -- He's your brother!" cliche, I think Kefka's crazed supervillain mentality made for a much, much better plot.

I think if any Final Fantasy has a shot at most replay value, it would be VI, for all the side quests and hidden character development that you can get, and probably missed out on the first time around.

silvernutbar
05-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm not going to take anything away from final fantasy IV. It freaking rocks. Still, the thing i'd like to point out is that final fantasy IV is one of the games that INVENTED th cliche' ya mentioned. lol. well as far as games go. it was in movies and books for a long time before that, obviously..

Ceceil goes through a major chracter transformation in the game. He starts out as a pawn, a dark knight who's only duty is to command his troops and kill the enemies of baron.. but through trial, and necessity his world view and own growing sense of discomfort with his life causes him to renounce his past,
by facing himself in battle, and instead of the true cliche 'kill your past self's evil version' he accepts what he once was and moves on to become something else entirely.

He goes on to discover his heritage, find out his brother isn't really his enemy, and the true evil is defeated due to the influx of power granted to him by all the people he'd helped returning the favor.

The power of love and friendship saved the day, lol... makes me want to continue writing my fanfiction where he was really sailor moon's cousin... since he's half lunarian.. his dad could have been like queen serenity's brother or something.... hmm the possibilites.. heck he even had a 'crystal' just like sailor moon, that amplified purity and love into a force to combat evil. lol

Though I really missed his dark wave attack.. they should have given him a holy version. lol

Final Fantasy VI rocks though, and it has massive replay value for me too.

Hungry man
05-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Gears of Wars
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
DoA 4

very awesome games

Ranshiin
05-15-2007, 10:18 AM
It varies a lot depending on the consoles.

In terms of retro games, I can sit and play any Sonic the Hedgehog or Super Mario game for hours and hours on end. I never get bored of those games; I don't quite understand why.

In terms of current games, I'm still hooked on SSX, but also TrackMania Nations never gets boring. Playing against real people is definitely much more fun than playing against AI.

You're a Command & Conquer fan, Manhattan?

Khanxay
05-15-2007, 11:42 AM
UT99 and UT2004. Considering there are still up and running servers online for both games despite their age. Then with additions of Mods and TCs, entire worlds open up.

Wirumimi
05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
It's a close tie between Elder scrolls, Tales of Symphonia, and Radiata Stories

Kuga
05-16-2007, 03:49 PM
For me, it's..

Resident Evil 2 & 4
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Goldeneye

I really need to get a XBox360 soon... D: I refuse to get a Playstation3 till like a year or so later.