PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about an anime?

Ascendancy
05-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I've been looking for an anime that revolves around just a relaxed lifestyle, maybe something similar to the game "Harvest Moon"? I don't know if anybody knows any anime's like this, but please post and tell me if you do.

Black Fang
05-12-2007, 02:26 PM
The only anime I know of is action. Not really laid back or anything. I only know of anime that the .Hack//sign series. (3 I think), wolf's rain, and things like that. No, actually there is a comedy that is mostly laid back, but I don't know if you've already seen it. Fruits Basket.

Ascendancy
05-12-2007, 05:15 PM
No, I've actually never seen Fruits Basket. It's a comedy you say? I'll check it out, thanks!

Gr1mmy
05-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Fruits Basket is really, really laid back. It's a shoujo anime, so based on bishounens and reverse harem. Quite boring in the beginning.

Crimson Phoenix
05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
In the begining yes, later? nope. if you want a laid back series well I could offer the names: Suzuka, Please Twins, Lamune, and Canvas 2. All of them are good animes with nothing special about the characters aside maybe a moral code they dont break too easily.

Drascin
05-15-2007, 01:05 PM
If you like some relaxed, slice-of-life comedy, I have two words for you my good sir: Lucky. Star. When the first episode starts with the main characters discussing food and which side you should start to eat a chocolate cone from, while at lunchtime in school, you realize it doesn't get much more "normalcy" than that. And the characters are adorable to the Nth degree (I swear Tsukasa is a freaking carbon-copy of my little sister. Which gives the character major cute points, of course, but I might be biased :P)

Also, in the same vein, Azumanga, while hectic in a few points, is usually running on a fairly low beat. Especially Osaka. Can't really beat Osaka, the girl who thinks watching dust motes under the sunshine is a nice entertainment, for "calm" points ;).

Hamashimura
05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Well,dunno if you like these(these are calm,heartworming series),but take a look,who knows,you might like them...
-Koi Kaze
-Shinigami no Ballad
-To Heart-Remember my Memories
-Fruits Basket
-Ah,My Goddess
and similar to these...Cannot remember more at this moment,but if I do,I'll edit my post...

buhbibutterfly
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
hmmm...some i would suggest are:

Binbo Shimai Monogatari

Fourteen-year-old Kyo and nine-year-old Asu are sisters living alone. Their father had abandoned them after accumulating a gambling debt and their mother had already passed away. Despite these unfortunate events, they do not wallow in grief but live happily and energetically.

The law on minimum working age changed a few years ago so now Kyo can work even though she is still in junior high. She works as a newspaper carrier and sometimes as a tutor to support the two of them. Meanwhile, Asu does housekeeping chores such as cooking, cleaning the apartment, and even handling the household finances to help her elder sister. There are kind people around them, such as the landlord and the novelist Saegusa, who watches over the sisters.

Although they experience a lot of troubles and hardships, they are comforted by the presence of one another close by.

This is a heartwarming story illustrating the daily life of Kyo and Asu in a one room apartment of a 40-year-old building which rent is 26,000 yen a month.------

koi kaze - although i don't know if your gonna like it much cuz koshiro ends up fallling in love with his sister at first sight before knowing that it was his sister. it's still a cute story though.

Soon after his younger sister was born, Koushiro's parents divorced. The two siblings were raised separately - Koushiro by their father, and Nanoka, his younger sister, by their mother.

10 years passed and Koushiro had forgotten about his sister completely. He lives a normal life, working at a dating agency. However, his sister would be attending high school in the spring. To ease her daily commute, she moves in with Koushiro. This situation proves perplexing for him. To make matters more awkward, he had previously dated Nanoka without recognising her as his sister. To add to his embarassment, the agonies of a broken heart had once driven him to tears, and it was Nanoka who had comforted him.

Nanoka attaches herself to Koushiro as if to make up for the time lost during their separation. Koushiro decides to become a good brother, but fails from the start. Nanoka is just too cute, and he cannot help being aware that she was an attractive girl.

He knows he must hide his feelings for his sister. However, every time he
meets innocent Nanoka, those feelings surge to the fore and make him irritable, resulting in another day of self-loathing.

---------------------------

ai yori aoshi - very cute love story 'bout a girl who just wants to live with her childhood love and what they go through to be able to do that.

One day, Hanabishi Kaoru, second year university student, came across a young woman in a kimono who seemed distressed. She was searching for a certain person whom she had not met in years. While she had an address, this was only her first time in the city. Kaoru decided to offer his assistance. However, the address she had led them to an empty plot of land.

Kaoru brought the distraught woman to his home where she presented him with a childhood photograph of herself and the person whom she was searching for, the only remaining clue she possessed. Remarkably enough, he recognised himself in the photograph. It turns out that she was Sakuraba Aoi, sole heir to the wealthy Sakuraba family. She had been matchmade with Kaoru and had spent 18 years preparing for this. However, when Kaoru left the Hanabishi, he was disowned by the family and the engagement annulled. She came to entreat him to return to the Hanabishi. How will Kaoru reconcile his feelings for Aoi with the reasons that drove him away from the Hanabishi?

summaries taken from animenfo

unspun
05-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I found Full Moon to be relaxing. No real violence, a really nice plot hat flows, not to fast, not to short, and meaningful. It's a bit magical though. try watching Full Moon (Wo Sagashite)

Feenie
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Ai Yori Aoshi, and lets not forget its second part Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi, then Lamune, Canvas 2, and Air Gear was really cool.

Gr1mmy
05-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Full Moon gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, but there are dramatic parts.

Watch all those animes based off of adult visual novels XD. Most of them are completely laid back.