PDA

View Full Version : Mai Hime (My Hime) And Mai Otome

Nameles84
05-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Introduction
2 production by Sunrise Inc, the company that brings you Gundam Seed & Destiny.

Here's the plot summary from News Network.

Mai Hime (My Hime) Vintage : 2004-09-30 to 2005-03-31, 2007-04-07 (All Toons)

Tokiha Mai and her sickly younger brother, Takumi, have received a scholarship to attend the prestigious Fuuka Academy. On the way, the ferry they are travelling on becomes the site of a destructive battle between two girls wielding apparently supernatural powers. This is only the beginning of their troubles, as Mai learns that she herself possesses these powers - the powers of a HiME.

Mai Otome - This anime has an episode of OAV. Vintage : 2005-10-06 to 2006-03-30

Arika Yumemiya has traveled far in search of her goal: the prestigious Gualderobe Academy. This is the school where young girls are trained to become Otomes, protectors of royal leaders throughout the lands. Here, Arika makes plenty of friends, but some enemies know something about her past that she does not. Nevertheless, her spirit and determination will keep pushing her forward. --- Adapted from its predecessor, Mai-HiME, this series is not a direct sequel, but an alternate universe setting featuring some of the Mai-HiME cast (though with different personalities).

CrimsonMoon
05-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, and your point is? I've watched Mai-HiME only. It's actually one of my favourite anime. Haven't watched Mai-otome because I'm kind of not interested. Don't ask me why though.

Nameles84
05-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Lol... I'm watching both anime... hehehe... I thought the stories link, but was completely different with setting in different universe with some same characters of both stories.

haha... so who's your favorite character?

mr pantsu
05-13-2007, 03:20 AM
mai hime was great, loved the story line and caracters but i jus didnt like the endin on it tho, mai otome on the other hand i thought was a let down, mabee i jus had to much hope for it since it was sorta the sequell to mai hime

-d-

Nameles84
05-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I realize that Mai looks like Meg (Burst Angel) Anyway both anime came out in 2004. Find it quite coincident. It's like seeing Meg's younger version. lol...

The entire story was well planned and created brilliantly. (some artistic problem with the 'size' of Mai's bust)

The music also blends in to the environment (I guess Sunrise starting to priorities on the music as well)

I think the ending for Mai Hime is good, but the story just hang there not knowing which guy Mai had chose (even though she preferred Yuiichi over Reito) and the funny part of Natsuki and Shizuru.

I guess it just 'hangs'

Nameles84
05-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Mai Otome OVA Episode III had been released !!!

Yeah!!!

lafiel
06-13-2007, 03:06 PM
My Hime is surprisingly a really good anime. It's a little wierd I think personally but it's all around good =) I like the weapon that looks like a wolf it's sooo cool :D

Kuga
06-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I LOVE Mai HiME. Natsuki and Duran kicks ***.. so does Shizuru with her Kiyohime, even though she can be scary when mad.. >_>;;

It's painfully obvious which character is my favorite, so I'm just gonna let you all figure out the answer.

Mai Otome's just okay. Didn' t like how they made Shizuru so easy in that series. I hate that psycho stalker, Tomoe. Natsuki was cool in it. :3 Just saw Mai Otome Zwei episode 3.. was hilarious. Now I know why Shizuru's the way she is... all thanks to her former onee-sama, Ein. XD

Nameles84
06-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I'd got some of the collectors for the 2 series... hehehe... The part 3 of the OVA is very funny... lol... :D

Nameles84
06-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Anyone knows when will the Eng. Ver of Otome's Manga be out?

My-Hime's Manga ver. is totally different from the Anime ver.

hollowguy
06-15-2007, 10:41 PM
actually i dont think the eng. version will ever come out..... but if it does, will notify you.:)

Kuga
06-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I think the My-Otome version of the manga should be coming out later. Since My-HiME and My-Otome animes are being released on DVD and My-HiME manga as well.. I hate the My-HiME manga though. -_- Natsuki's in "love" with Tate! COMPLETE BLASPHEMY! ...Sorry. I just don't like the idea of Tate and Natsuki being together. Tate and Mai makes a good couple.

sa5m
06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
I've just seen the first episode of My-Otome. I think it's cute. ^^ But I probably won't watch any more... I still feel that I have some better anime to watch.

Nameles84
06-20-2007, 07:50 AM
I think the My-Otome version of the manga should be coming out later. Since My-HiME and My-Otome animes are being released on DVD and My-HiME manga as well.. I hate the My-HiME manga though. -_- Natsuki's in "love" with Tate! COMPLETE BLASPHEMY! ...Sorry. I just don't like the idea of Tate and Natsuki being together. Tate and Mai makes a good couple.

Yeah I gotta agree with you. I'd also don't like the ver. where Natsuki is in love with Tate... lol... I hope the Eng. Ver. of Otome would be release soon... hehehe...