PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] english translation to song

Catanbri
05-11-2007, 07:00 AM
First let me apologize if I'm not posting this in the proper thread. I am looking for the English translation to sakura-iro by Shiori Takei form the anime MaR Heaven. I have found numerous sites with the romaji for this song but no English translation. I have bought the CD so if anyone needs the kanji I can scan that. I am still learning the Japanese language, so I can't get this done on my own.

So here is the Kanji from the booklet:

http://catanbri.com/Sakura-iro.jpeg

Levanter
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Hmm...okay, I'll translate it since it seems like you like the song so much that you've bought the CD and even took the time to scan the kanji page. :)

Gimme a few minutes i'm gonna go work on it. ^^

Catanbri
05-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Thank you so much for helping Levanter.:D I wish I could do something in return.

Levanter
05-16-2007, 12:42 PM
No problem. ^^

Okay, here you go. I didn't translate it literally (i think it'd sound less romantic if i did^^;), I went more for...the feel of each phrase. I put "*" notes on those parts.

The title has 2 kanji: the first one means "cherry blossoms", and the second one means "color"

The Color of Cherry Blossoms

I guess now I can't see you like i've always had everyday.
All we have now is the memory of those days when we were together.

I'll just treasure our memories, and surely i will meet you again someday.
I wonder how much you'll remember me by then?

The pain of parting haunts us.
We'll meet again, wont we?

If we just dance through the cherry blossom-colored winds, *the day of our parting wouldn't be as painful.
Forgetting those tearful times as if dissappearing into the faint light.
Please go ahead without me...

Those words you have never said out loud, I'm sure they'll still reach me.
**I feel content just knowing that you're okay.

I've grown stronger, I'm not crying anymore.
But wasn't it better when I was more impatient?

Maybe we experience such heartaches
so that we can learn from it and grow?

The color of cherry blossoms, the power of believing is stronger than you think.
We are connected by something that cannot be touched, glowing like a faint dream.

When the melody of love lingers in my ears
I remember the feeling of someone's warmth.
Someone is thinking about someone
such feelings overflow...

If we just dance through the cherry blossom-colored winds, the day of our parting wouldn't be as painful.
Forgetting those tearful times as if dissappearing into the faint light.
Please go ahead without me...

*literally, it says that "we'll gently hug the day that you go on your journey" which means that parting wouldn't be as painful as it could have been.
**literally, it's "It's like my happiness is connected to your soaring future", meaning that person is happy just knowing that his/her love has a good future ahead of him/her".

(Aww man. What a sad song.)

Catanbri
05-16-2007, 11:35 PM
:grinjump: Thank you so much!!!!:awe: This forum can not express how grateful I am for this. XD OK. Yeah it seems I am always falling in love with the saddest songs. As I was digging through the Internet the get lyrics for this song I found it on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JSX9B4T2Xw
If you are interested in hearing it.

I think I'm going to go sit down now before for I explode with excitement. And again Thank You So Much.

Levanter
05-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Just glad to be of help :D
I downloaded the song too.^^