PDA

View Full Version : A Hero Comes Home

An_Empty_Heart
05-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Today is a sad day in my town one of our own was returned back to us not walking but in a casket. This young lad was a Marine he died doing what was right fighting for freedoms. So today if you have any friend or relatives who are in any division of the armed forces please go tell thank you. The thing that made feel sad the most today was the fact I have two friends in the Marines one gets sent too Iraq shortly and the other gets out of basic training soon and also my nephew who is in the Army reserves will be sent shortly.
I think I'm going to take them out too lunch when I see them all.
But please go tell all those who you know fighting for our freedoms thank you.

Eris
05-10-2007, 03:34 PM
But please go tell all those who you know fighting for our freedoms thank you.

You cannot honestly believe that the war in Iraq is even remotely related to your freedom, can you? The place is a pile of rubble. The true enemies of freedom are the governments that spy on it's own people, that erode your rights and privileges in the name of security.

Those who go to war to fight for freedom are, alas, just gullible pawns, and there is nothing noble in being a pawn.

Sagat
05-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Despite being a soldier, I agree with Eris.

No one is in Iraq for the freedom..support your troops, but don't buy into all the patriotic crap being tossed around..

We soldiers have not fought for freedom since World War 2. Do not deceive yourself; every war after that has been fought for either resources, political gain, power, or all of the above. Iraq is a joke. Afghanistan is a joke. The medals I will receive from Afghanistan are hollow trinkets compared to what my grand fathers earned fighting in Normandy and Italy. Those medals meant something. The GCS and SWASM mean nothing.

royal_ken
05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
fighting for America's freedom? That doesn't make sense at all... What has Iraq done to the US? Innocent question. -_-

Eris
05-10-2007, 03:58 PM
fighting for America's freedom? That doesn't make sense at all... What has Iraq done to the US? Innocent question. -_-

It was a preemptive strike, in case they might do something with the chemical weapons they maybe had.

An_Empty_Heart
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I know this I'm as much of a conspired theory guy as anybody dude seeing this guy made me wonder do...ah forget your all your all a bunch un-patrotic slackers, and I'm tired of being one like you. So yeah I know it's not really a war were not the best damn country but hell we have ppl trying to protect us. So shut up and make sure you thank ppl for the service time.

Sagat
05-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I know this I'm as much of a conspired theory guy as anybody dude seeing this guy made me wonder do...ah forget your all your all a bunch un-patrotic slackers, and I'm tired of being one like you. So yeah I know it's not really a war were not the best damn country but hell we have ppl trying to protect us. So shut up and make sure you thank ppl for the service time.

And there goes your credibility. As I am a soldier, but apparently now am an un-patriotic slacker, and given this used in the context of your topic, makes you a complete and utter idiot.

This "slacker" would love to see you do the things a soldier does, endure what a soldier must, and perform as a soldier must in the field.

Eris
05-10-2007, 04:27 PM

If you want to really defend your country, how about embracing the language by using proper grammar and spelling, as a first step?

I am unpatriotic? Well, yeah, and I'm damn proud of it. I publicly speak out against nationalism, as I think it is a stupid mind-control device that belongs in the 19th century.

I still don't see how they're trying to protect you. Protect you from what? I'm sure they believe they're protecting you, but then again, Don Quixote didn't have a clue he was fighting windmills either.

Myrra
05-10-2007, 04:46 PM
At 18 you should have a better grasp on the English language than your post demonstrates. No child left behind seems to have failed you.

I'm sorry a soldier in your hometown died. We've had many casualties of that nature here as I'm surrounded by military bases. I'm sorry if I sound callous about it, but this is WAR. PEOPLE DIE IN WARS!!!
When 1 person dies, that's a tragedy.
When a thousand, a hundred thousand, a million die, that's merely a statistic. This is a fact of life. I suggest you learn it.

I know a lot of people currently serving in the military, a lot that are done with their service and their opions on this war are just as varied as everyone else's. I treat our soldiers with the respect they deserve. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with this war.

An_Empty_Heart
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM

I would like too apologize for posting this. I was talking out off my A** when I said it. I would really like for those who read this and were upset with to know that I am sorry.

I wish this could be stricken from the record but it was posted.

So in conclusion I am sorry

Sagat
05-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Apology accepted, no harm done.

An_Empty_Heart
05-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Apology accepted, no harm done.

Thanx. I'm sorry about all that. So your a solider what rank?

Velvet_Nightmare
05-10-2007, 07:27 PM
This is not a fight for freedom. It's just like when the Spanish came to America for "God, Glory, and Gold." We're trying to set up democracy (not really God, but Western ideals), glory (showing that America is still a world power), and gold (oil). This country has always been driven by imperialism, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Middle East becomes our next target. But, I see the result of this "war" ending up like Vietnam and Afghanistan (when the Soviets went in). It's only a matter of time.

An_Empty_Heart
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
This is not a fight for freedom. It's just like when the Spanish came to America for "God, Glory, and Gold." We're trying to set up democracy (not really God, but Western ideals), glory (showing that America is still a world power), and gold (oil). This country has always been driven by imperialism, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Middle East becomes our next target. But, I see the result of this "war" ending up like Vietnam and Afghanistan (when the Soviets went in). It's only a matter of time.

I agree with you there in the whole trying to show were the best. if we were the best would we have to show it?

Velvet_Nightmare
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't exactly call the United States the best, seeing as how we're failling behind when it comes to the global economy.

Aulos
05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
You cannot honestly believe that the war in Iraq is even remotely related to your freedom, can you? The place is a pile of rubble. The true enemies of freedom are the governments that spy on it's own people, that erode your rights and privileges in the name of security.

Those who go to war to fight for freedom are, alas, just gullible pawns, and there is nothing noble in being a pawn.

Yes. I agree 100%!

Although I hate that the soldier's are dying... I don't support their actions, and I don't support murderers... people thinking that killing actually makes them a hero. That's sad.

Sanosuke23
05-10-2007, 08:04 PM
We're falling behind because we're so preoccupied with the people of other countries instead of our own. As a country we fight and die to give the rights we enjoy to other countries while taking them from our own people.

I won't go into the laundry list here, but yeah, we're not the best. There IS no best. There never can be, because the other countries of the world would keep it in check.

My condolences to all that have lost someone in this horribly-planned, poorly-executed invasion of the Middle East, and if I were a praying man I would be doing so for the safety of those either there or that will be sent.

Kewii
05-10-2007, 08:21 PM
This should've been a journal post to start with...

Closed.