PDA

View Full Version : what do you think is impossible..??

zyronet
05-04-2007, 09:23 PM
okay! another topic here..
List up.. all those things that you think is impossible in this world or anywhere.. ( ex. like revive a dead and such, never heard of a real dead being revive, as seen in my naked eye, just my example here..) post all things you can think of..

well..
please post as the rules do..!!
thanks! thanks!

Gr1mmy
05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Finding the perfect anime to watch XD

MomijiTMO
05-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Hmmm changing your gender has never been done before. It would involve changing half of your genes.

Another one would be to have a brain transplant. Something that clearly cannot be done.

EDIT : See my other post with regards to the changing gender issue :D

Gr1mmy
05-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Hmmm changing you gender has never been done before. It would involve changing half of your genes.

Another one would be to have a brain transplant. Something that clearly cannot be done.

Shudder...

There might be a way to do a brain transplant in the future though

CrimsonMoon
05-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Living underground or living on clouds. I mean, be logical. It's just a fairytale. And reviving the dead. Unless they're zombies..:p

Mr. Hat-and-Clogs
05-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Giving humans wings... I still want wings though^^

Eris
05-05-2007, 04:56 AM
Hmmm changing you gender has never been done before. It would involve changing half of your genes.

You need to brush up on your biology. You would only need to change one chromosome pair out of 22. Though, I'm not sure just changing your genes would mean a change in sex (not instantaneously anyways).

zyronet
05-05-2007, 05:13 AM
There might be a way to do a brain transplant in the future though

a brain transplant..? whoa.. 0_o

ahh! I want one too.. but.. yeah.. its quite impossible..

Hmmm changing you gender has never been done before.

yeah.. that's quite.. terrible.. ugh.. cant think of a proper word to put..

Famahama
05-05-2007, 06:07 AM
1. Figuring out how god looks like
2. Making something infinite
3. dig to the other side of the earth
4. survive in earth's core

MomijiTMO
05-05-2007, 06:10 AM
You need to brush up on your biology. You would only need to change one chromosome pair out of 22. Though, I'm not sure just changing your genes would mean a change in sex (not instantaneously anyways).

I used the word 'gene' when in fact a gene encodes for one function (ie a protein tertiary structure). To use gene was inappropriate. I was not correct for my over simplified statement so here is my corrected version:

Only one pair of chromosomes determines your gender (as you rightfully pointed out Eris) . However, you would only need to change ONE chromosome OUT of a pair; either Y to X or X to Y (not A chromosome PAIR as suggested).

Oh and finally, we have 23 chromosomes not 22 as stated previously.

This is not a cell biology forum. I don't want to nit pick your posts for scientific correctness so please don't analyse my posts, so that it is accordance with a biology textbook. Cheers :)

To continue with the statement about changing the sex chromosome :
You would have to change a chromosome in every single cell in our body simultaneously to avoid rejection, which is impossible. Secondly, your cells would start to express genes that consisted of different base pairs for proteins than the ones that currently exist in your body, possibly blocking that particular biochemical pathway. This would be a big problem for someone changing from male to female due to the random inactivation of a X chromosome (it is randomly selected during meiosis). Depending on the function of that pathway, this could result in death.

So yes I agree with you Eris and do not know that a change would mean that you would actually change sexual characteristics (I think you would die :D).

Hamashimura
05-05-2007, 06:33 AM
What is impossible...
To get world peace...
World peace is totaly impossible,unlike thing like living in clouds etc.,since who knows what future brings?!
And living underground is very possible...
Science today is able to replace human heart with pig's heart,since humans and pigs has inner organs anathomy almost same...Beside the heart,kidneys can be replaced too (though it's not perfect replacement,but they're working on it)...
So,living in clouds can be achieved in distant future,well,atleast I think so,it's not impossible...
As for world peace,I think that's most real impossible thing,because of people...
There will always be people who want to be superiour,who want to be different than others...
And with one standing against all...well,others who were afraid to speak will rise,encouraged with his lttle speach about how world shouldn't be united etc.
So,I believe that this is very impossible...

Oh,well...back to work >.<

FierceFeli.
05-05-2007, 07:35 AM
HA. A loooot of things are impossible.

1. To grind something in a mall, eat ice-cream and do the YMCA coreography at the same time.

2. That my mom will let me pierce my lip before I turn 18.

the japanese ed gein
05-05-2007, 07:43 AM
World Peace
7/8 of anything seen in Anime
Doing this: :banghead: without a serious head trauma
A third party winning an American Presidental Election
The end of meat eating
... amongst others

███
05-05-2007, 08:46 AM
For me to actually care what happens to someone over the internet.

Eris
05-05-2007, 09:04 AM
World Peace

That's easy stuff. Just kill everyone, and the world will finally be at peace.

bttr
05-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Trying to get rid of guns and bring back swords.

the japanese ed gein
05-05-2007, 11:20 AM
That's easy stuff. Just kill everyone, and the world will finally be at peace.

No, think about the cockroach vs cockroach wars that will ensue from the rubble!

shougo amakousa
05-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Impossible is
1.Trying to cheer someone up by saying"haha sucks to be you"
2.Trying to sneez with your eyes open(Please do not try it.)
3.Trying to sing yourself to sleep.

Chun Shu
05-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Finding the perfect someone for yourself, with every little detail that you were looking for in a guy or girl...

thats all I can think of right now lol ^^

Acnologia
05-05-2007, 01:21 PM
For human conflict to end. The sad thing is that we fight over anything. Like the Iraq war, Canada has lots of oil it could share with US, so are they going there? Its honestly very idiotic.

Nespa
05-05-2007, 01:30 PM
something impossible huh *thinks*

killing someone with a really annoying ringtone and i mean with the ringtone itself.

smile1010
05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Peace on earth

pab
05-05-2007, 01:34 PM
HA. A loooot of things are impossible.

1. To grind something in a mall, eat ice-cream and do the YMCA coreography at the same time.

Trying to get rid of guns and bring back swords.

man hard enough to grind, imagine that.
ive always wanted to do that, the swords thing...

as for what i think is impossible. umm to fly, without any modern tech like jetpacks, just one's selfe and his or her clothes.
also, to move like ninjas do in anime, so fast that they disspear and you only see a blur...
that'd be preety cool

sa5m
05-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Hmmm changing your gender has never been done before. It would involve changing half of your genes.

EDIT : See my other post with regards to the changing gender issue :D

Changing gender doesn't mean changing genes, it means turning off your current active ones and activating the other ones. ^^ Everyone has both gender genes, it just depends on which ones are "turned on".

BlueyedFox
05-05-2007, 02:33 PM
It's impossible to...live on the moon like we do on earth (lack of oxygen and all)

Eris
05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Changing gender doesn't mean changing genes, it means turning off your current active ones and activating the other ones. ^^ Everyone has both gender genes, it just depends on which ones are "turned on".

No, that's not quite how it works. Males have a XY-chromosome, and females a XX-chromosome. With gender, it's not just a matter of triggering a gene, men actually have genes women don't have.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
05-05-2007, 03:04 PM
What is impossible... Well I'd say braking the laws of gravity on earth. Breathing on the moon. Your blood turns blue on earth. If the ring was real. If your worst enamy would drop from heaven and into the flames. If you just wake up and see cash. To see anime in real life come out the tv. Impossible to kill a cockroach on the computer screen. :laugh:

Howling Star
05-05-2007, 03:15 PM

I wonder can whe fly with wings the wings and whe humans are far to heavy XD but it would be cool if we where everyone go on a diet !!!

I think to live in a dream =x

chappie1989
05-07-2007, 04:32 AM
It is impossible:
To become someone else
To Kill every human on earth on your own
To get God-like powers
To become a demon
To reverse the Green-house effect.(Edit: global warming i mean)

.Lovebeat
05-07-2007, 07:50 AM
It's impossible to fall asleep by counting sheeps.
I mean, in the end, there's just a stupid fox that eats the sheep(s) and you just have to start over again.

But I think that's more of a personal issue. Because... SHEEPS DO NOT MAKE YOU SLEEPY, at least not me.
It's impossible to become God. Even if you're convincing and got powers, it's most unlikely people will believe that you're God. Most likely, they'll burn you alive because you're some kind of devil instead. =/

smile1010
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Me actually loving my mother brother or father.
World peace
Cure of cancer
Cure for AIDS/HIV
Finding Aliens outside our planet/any living bacteria

Gaarademon
06-04-2007, 06:11 PM
being invincible or invisible is impossible

Sampaguita
06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
It's impossible to make yourself fall out of love...
(If somebody hasn't said that already...)

chappie1989
06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
It is impossible:
to become God.
to understand God.
to really understand what is going on inside another persons head.
to live without ever lying.
to understand the meaning of live.
to feel what others feel.
to die and ressurect.
to change the future. (you can't change what is not determined and the future is not determined )

Niome!
06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Anythings possible. Anything.

We've demonstrated these centuries we surpassed boundaries we thought we could never; when monarchs thought the world was flat we disapproved them and when we invented the Atomic bomb.

We should be able to invent an engine that can travel at the speeds of light in space. (Que Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri, love it...)

The only thing I can think that is impossible, yet still possible is becoming a God. That has a variety of definitions and I don't just mean the Christian god or an immortal omnipotent being. Though... what if we made a scientific breakthrough to keep our cells generating forever and we found genetics that could give us Psi? Who knows.

War is a beautiful thing.

It is impossible:
To become someone else
To Kill every human on earth on your own
To get God-like powers
To become a demon
To reverse the Green-house effect.(Edit: global warming i mean)

I am not clear on reversing it, but we can revamp our warming situation if we control our world industries pollution levels and watch what chemicals we use that go into the air.

Millions were dead in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, millions are dieing in Africa of AIDs, multiply that several times across the world and it's imaginable.

Me actually loving my mother brother or father.
World peace
Cure of cancer
Cure for AIDS/HIV
Finding Aliens outside our planet/any living bacteria

Everthing in that list is possible, reasonably ignoring the first one. Think outside the box girl.

Cancer is not invincible. I truly believe corporations are just withholding such treatments or routes to possess billion dollar services for Cancer patients...

AIDS/HIV, any idea on how it isn't?

Oh but you are wrong, we have found microbes on Mars surface and to think there is no life in this universe but on only on Earth is clearly close-minded. I have complete faith in sentient aliens.

*Kayako*
06-08-2007, 10:06 PM
to cheat faith... and death... you can only do it so many times... then times up..

BlazingSoul
06-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Probably perfectly resurecting a person who died is impossible

black26
06-09-2007, 08:56 AM
a people that can breath underwater!

ShadowGoddess
06-09-2007, 09:01 AM
It's impossible to fix the earth after what humans have done to it. UU; we screwed up our home baddd.

riyo himura
06-09-2007, 10:35 AM
impossible to live forever and achieve immortality.

UrusaiSevera
06-09-2007, 05:57 PM
The perfect person...... will never exist...

Jdmk
06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Beside thinking of the perfect girl (it be sweet though), ill say being immortal...

Faceless111
06-09-2007, 07:55 PM

EDIT : See my other post with regards to the changing gender issue :DI haven't seen your other post as to the regards of gender-switching, but it's very possible. Sex change operations are more common nowadays.

Eternal Dream
06-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Impossible:
I watch all the animes I want with my internet!!!
They are many!!!
XD~~

Raining Sorrow
06-09-2007, 09:13 PM
The only thing that is really impossible is to have a knowledge that there is anything that is impossible.

Spectre
06-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Uh...Impossible stuff....?....Regeneration of limbs....Pyrokenesis.....A worthwhile reality show....World peace and Me as president....?

Mazrim Taim
06-10-2007, 01:29 AM
It's impossible to rip your heart out for a girl and then pretend nothing ever happened.

Wait... Nevermind.

dreamStar
06-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Impossible is
1.Trying to cheer someone up by saying"haha sucks to be you"
2.Trying to sneez with your eyes open(Please do not try it.)
3.Trying to sing yourself to sleep.

Hey! I actually did all those things. And it did work. Haha!
Oh yeah, and *ahem* 'Impossible is nothing'.
Not.
The most impossible thing I can think of is to meet someone who is actually completely sane.

Petrol Gas
06-10-2007, 04:31 AM
Reversing heat death through entropy.

lordrellik8
08-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Becoming immortal!

Lunafreya Fleuret
08-09-2007, 12:50 PM
.-. I think a LOT of things are impossible. Jumping off a cliff and living. .. And others. x3

Perpetual Specter
08-09-2007, 12:57 PM
It's impossible to be doing nothing.Even if someone stood perfectly still and didn't even breath,they are still doing something(existing).

╬Karami Mew~Meow
08-09-2007, 08:25 PM
lolz ..hmm, it maybe easy for you guys. But I still think believe anything is possible (in my dreams XD)
Uh! I know what's immposible!!! :D Go to anime world T^T
XD

BuLmA
08-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Its impossible for a human like me will become God.
No one can replace him:)