PDA

View Full Version : Do you think MySpace is annoying, or awesome in many ways?

Day
05-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Well you know the question so im not repeating myself. ^^

I consider MySpace to be very annoying and highly overrated, but thats just me, I have my reasons. I was just wondering what people thought of it as?

moon_phase
05-03-2007, 08:32 AM
its ok ...i have a myspace but i check it like once in a blue moon... it only gets anoying when your life revolves around it and your on it evry day...on the other hand its ok jus to keep in touch with your friends

Atara Inferno
05-03-2007, 08:36 AM
It lags my computer, that's why I don't always go there. Or rather, I'm lazy.

DarkMoonPrince
05-03-2007, 08:38 AM
i say both, i don't think it's awsome, but it's ok i guess...i'm just a bit lazy to use mine

Khanxay
05-03-2007, 08:38 AM
It's the reason I don't let people borrow my laptop to check their myspace. I don't get my laptop back until like an hour later.

So yeah. I don't like it.

maximillian_cross
05-03-2007, 08:59 AM
It's too addicting and therefore annoying.

Jose
05-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Myspace is not all bad it fun to get on but it can be addicting

Spectre
05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
I like....it helps me keep in touch w/ long distance friends....and to make some new ones here and there.....

Baka
05-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I like it. I get to meet people I would never get to meet otherwise. I have someone to drink with when I go to Japan because of myspace.

Ayame_Sohma
05-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Its ok..i found some old friends who i havent spoken to in ages but i dont really check it much.

Midna
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't find Myspace annoying, but I sometimes don't see the point in them.
I browse through them, but nothing about them seems interesting to me.

Antares
05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm to lazy to have one or even check them out -_-

unspun
05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
myspace sucks. I only have one to keep in contact with family that I'm too lazy to call.

Acnologia
05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't care about Myspace. I don't see the big deal in it.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
05-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Myspace is boring. I tried it, and failed.

Zyco
05-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I have a myspace right now and......it's SUPER boring. I hate it.. There's nothing to do. Except go on in the annoying chat rooms and ask people to be their friends and talk to weird people that you don't even know. In my myspace all I do is make my page look nice and that's it....and for what? I dunno.

kenny_killer
05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Myspace is a great place for people to express creativity, and themselves, and keep in touch with friends and family. occasionally its abused and people overreact.

Personally, I love myspace. Its cool to talk with friends, and keep in touch with others over long distance, and even find new ones.

Tsuna Kadiri
05-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't think there's anything terribly wrong with it. But it gets very very annoying when you're speaking to someone face to face, and 85% of what they say revolves around when they're going to add or delete or go onto or add another friend onto or comment someone on MySpace. Seriously. You're standing infront of your friend and all you can talk about is how you're going to talk to them on MySpace later on.

I don't have one right now, though I'll eventually get one. I just love to hate it for now.

bizou
05-04-2007, 03:23 AM
I think some people think it's "cool" to hate Myspace. Seriously. It's a popular social-networking site, guys. Get over it. It's easy to stay in touch with people and find old friends.

There such a big "annoying" problem with that? Sure, it's addicting... But is that really a bad thing? XD Rofl.

hireshi
05-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Myspace is a very nice place to chat with online or far away friends, also a good way to make friends.

Personally I think it's kinda boring at times, not much to do besides uploading images/videos and leave people messages. But, yeah that is my opinion >>;

Efrieda Arwaltz
05-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Completely useless. If I want to talk to someone, I'll call them on a phone. If I want to contact someone whose number I don't know, I'll email them. If I don't know their email, I probably found them on a forum so I'll PM them for it. If I didn't meet them on a forum, I probably met them in an MMO, so I'll find them there, get their email address and get some leveling done while I'm at it.

Myrra
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh, I have one. I like it. I don't necesssarily love it or hate it. I write a lot of random nonsense in it and write a lot of serious stuff as well. I use it mostly to keep track of my friends (see what's up with them and let them know what I'm up to as well) and of course, to keep track of my favourite bands.
But it is by no means the only way I keep in touch with all my friends, it's just some of us are more difficult to reach than others. :p

Sobriquet
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't say Myspace is annoying however, I think it's rather boring at times.

Aleyna
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
i check my myspace once a day
just to check whats on the bulletin
if im bored ill take a survey
or ill just post something random in the bulletin
maybe even message a friend or comment them if i haven't seen or talken to them in quite sometime
no im not addicted to myspace
im not upsessed putting new photos on there
but i do like checking ppls photos and commenting on them
they are complete noobs when it comes to graphic & web designing but its still kinda cute that they wanna learn

the only thing that annoys me about myspace is when ppls accounts get hacked into
because then they comment spam in the bulletin board and on ppls profiles
and its not like once a day spam
or like random spam
its advertising that gets posted in the bulletin over 5 times a day by the same account that was hacked into :banghead:

tweetievest
05-10-2007, 09:10 PM
for me it's kinda boring...same as friendster...but i get to communicate with my family and friends..

.Lovebeat
05-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I had one, and I first thought it was really boring... then I messed with my layout and when I was satisfied with it I started to like it. >.>
But then I just checked through whole myspace (like groups and stuff) and realised that... 60% of all the people there aren't themselves and that 60% of all posts or whatever are spam and only spam.
I didn't say that everyone is a fake, but yes, many people there are trying to act like somebody else. What's the point of trying to get as many friends as possible? Like getting 500+ friends is gonna make your life so much better.
But anyway, myspace is what you make it. If you want it to be awesome, then it is. If you want it to be annoying, then it is.
I shouldn't judge since I don't really know the people out there, but really, some people are just too much.
But I admit that I DID like myspace. It's deleted now. :3

Anime is poison
05-11-2007, 09:25 AM
well myspace isn't annoying unless you meet annoying people. and if ya don't go to myspace, it'll no longer annoy you :D . I think its alright, I get to talk to my family members from outta town on there, and do a couple more things that I can't really do on aim or msn. The spam comments are getting outta control though, I see ads for "awesome glitter graphics" 24/7. Its rediculous! Other than that I have no problems with it. Just the spammers....no one likes spammers :closedeye

S o l o
05-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Myspace...is okay I guess...Im not on it all the time, only when I feel like talking to my friends or when I want to listen to music >_> though I hate those long dumb comments they leave me >_<

smile1010
06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Yes I do.
When people get fished
Change your password if you see bulletin you have not posted.
When people's myspaces are so wide they have to use a scrolly bar horizontal way
Use a mini scrolly bar god.
When peoples myspace song has bee deleted by artist.
Just a freaken new one
Jeeze..
any more anger our of myspace i might pop a brain vessle

Lunafreya Fleuret
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Myspace is a pain in the butt, damnit. Whenever I go to search something, the laptop freezes. When on this one..it's another story. Mainly I hate it because of Tom. He's a dork and he's annoying. I heard once he hacked onto someones account, changing everything. That therefore is why I rarely use it. I change the damned pw every week. oo;

GaiSensei
06-04-2007, 08:23 PM
In my opinion, myspace is an undignified community with lots of problems and glitches... and annoying to boot.

So why did I join again?? >>

And I wish random girls would PLEASE stop adding me without introducing themselves D:<
... seriously, it's scarin' me <_<

nekogrl
06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I have a Myspace. I like it. I check it everyday...but I'm not addicted...I mostly just post bulletins and stuff...

Abstract Me
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
The only reason I have one is because I can talk to my siblings who no longer live in town (including my sister in Iraq. I would just email her but I lost the email address).

Otherwise, I pretty much hate Myspace. There really is no point in it.

People's excuse? "I talk to my friends on there." And these are the same friends that they see all day at school, or could easily call on their oh-so-trendy cell phones that they can't seem to be away from for a minute.

I don't like how people fret over stupid things on Myspace. "Oh, this person doesn't have me on their top 3, so, like, she hates me now and it makes me madderzzz!!!!1" Oh, please. Get a life. Or people trying desperately to have the most friends - what is the point of that? Do you think how many friends you have on Myspace equals your worth or something? Do you think they are your real friends? And probably the most thing I get annoyed with is all the dumb, photoshopped, posing pictures that everyone seems to have. One or two is nice, but when you have 50+ pictures of nothing but yourself...well, I think you need to get out more. And also all the "COMMENT PLZ" whores that seem to plague every corner. Tell me why you need meaningless comments again? Oh, right. You need to feel self-worth from something. Sad.

So to answer the question: I think Myspace is annoying.

And sorry for the rant.
It's been building up for a while.

Erikai
07-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I like the way you can create your page and let people see things you are into, but sometimes the system errors make me want to throw the computer out the window. I use it to keep in touch with my friends over the summer. I think it's ok, but it has its flaws.

love
07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
its ok ...i have a myspace but i check it like once in a blue moon... it only gets anoying when your life revolves around it and your on it evry day...on the other hand its ok jus to keep in touch with your friends

Same here...except for it's kinda fun talking to people who don't know you. It's a nice change. :closedeye The only thing I really like about it is customizing my page but then it drags my computer.:mad:

WickedAsianAngel
07-01-2007, 10:00 PM
To me, I'm kinda a MySpace addict right now...but I think it's awesome in some ways and totally annoying in others...

kaasuten
07-01-2007, 10:03 PM
i don't really mind it, its the only way i can keep in touch with my childhood friend who doesn't live in the state anymore. cause well, we don't do very good talking on the phone with each other.

mabudachi_trio
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I've got one and I don't mind it, but I don't really use it that much...

Jdmk
07-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I didnt like MySpace until i open an account, it was cool, i had my friends and even cutes girls as friends that i didnt even know who they were, girls did like how i look, i even got friend requested by older mature women (telling me i was cute and that age didnt really matter and what not), i had a blast. But i cancel my account after i opend a friend request from some girl and it was a freaking spyware virus, my computer got inffected in seconds but shes back to normal again. Im thinking of making a nother account but this time im making everything privite, but my opinion on Myspace, it aint that bad....

King Of Disaster
07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
It's not really overrated
its just addictive, in my opinion

keezy.
07-02-2007, 12:23 AM
idk i don't have Myspace, i can't get it but idc that much bcuz if i did have one i'd probably neglect it anyways

Karel
07-02-2007, 12:25 AM
How exactly.. is something that doesn't affect you annoying? I fail to see

unless of course you've tried it and gotten the worst out of it.

Myspace has brought back my youth.. elementary friends.. Middle school friends.. and those long forgotten

███
07-02-2007, 07:40 AM
If myspace annoys you then stop using it, simple.

I have a myspace and it doesn't annoy me, obviously cause I have one.

Usernameless
07-02-2007, 08:27 AM
I hate it, no offence, just hate it

Marshmallow Fluff
07-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't find Myspace annoying, but I sometimes don't see the point in them.
I browse through them, but nothing about them seems interesting to me.
Me too.

Rem
07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it's a huge waste of time, of course I also write a blog so it's a wash.

Chi#1
07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
MYSPACE is a waste of life and time! If you want to chat use AIM or Yim or something! If your looking for a community type a thing join a forum! like this one!

Wicked Pleasures
07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I hate Myspace...It's not as cool as a lot of people pretend it is.

yamichik
07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
It's alright, the forums blow though. I check mine like, once a month? :unsure::ninja: LoL

I joined not long ago and found mad people I knew. I mean people I knew back in elementary school and stuff! It was cool to see them, but Myspace gets too many weird problems, and plus alot of people I know don't even use it anymore. Most everyone uses this place called Bebo now. Slows down my computer too from all the flash and stuff.

Exquiro
07-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I have an account and I can see the attraction... But I can't remember my password or user and it repells me way more than it attracts me XD I'm not really one to visit MySpace, FaceBook, Bebo or anything with a similar nature.

Faceless111
07-02-2007, 06:59 PM
If you want to see some really stupid people, visit the Myspace forums. It's so very annoying. It's the vastest intellectual void in the cosmos. But I do use it to keep in touch with my friends. I even managed to find an old childhood friend that I lost after elementary school.

Wio
07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Myspace isn't anything special. People feel like copying and pasting HTML makes them great web designers. Most myspace pages look like crap, covered with messes of coding.

The sad part is that these people fail to realize that they could take advantage of a free webhosting service and so the same thing, with oh-so-much more.

Usagi18
07-04-2007, 01:32 AM
MySpace is highly overrated.

Ari_86
07-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Myspace is just i guess kinda retarded, i mean i have a myspace. Friend talkd me into geting it, long story short. I got it never use it talkd on it a few times and havent been on for months now..

Sake!Sake!
07-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I used to like it but it's gotten a little old. It got too popular, too quick. Besides, Facebook is so much easier to keep up with all the people that go to my college. ^_^

Myspace isn't anything special. People feel like copying and pasting HTML makes them great web designers. Most myspace pages look like crap, covered with messes of coding. I can't TELL You how much that irritates me!

The sad part is that these people fail to realize that they could take advantage of a free webhosting service and so the same thing, with oh-so-much more.

Really? where at....I'm intrigued :elephant:

Variados
07-14-2007, 03:10 AM
Well you know the question so im not repeating myself. ^^

I consider MySpace to be very annoying and highly overrated, but thats just me, I have my reasons. I was just wondering what people thought of it as?
It is overrated... what is it for anyways...when I got there first nobody knew about it, a year later was like everywhere...I was like WOW...
There is too many sites like that...and the worst parts...they mess up your computer so bad..my god..why my sister goes even there...doesn't she know laptops are not the same as regular computers...GOD....
:closedeye My space... just too many people missusing it...too many.

Demon_boy_92
07-14-2007, 03:38 AM
My space is kinda pointless its just like all the other messengers in the world except you can find people on it. Thats really how i wanna spend my day finding stupid people on the internet sooooo entertaining.

Lunafreya Fleuret
07-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Kie. It's overrated and you know it.

Elphaba
07-14-2007, 02:40 PM
in my opinion myspace is annoying, people get addicted to it to easily, it soon rules their lives.

Aulos
07-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm kind of mixed on my opinion.

I liked it best when my friends where just starting to join it and it was a good place for me to talk to my friends, especially those who had graduated and I didn't have their phone numbers...

Nowadays it just seems to be a place for attention seekers. Like every other bulletin is "PICTURE COMMENTS GIVE ME A PICTURE COMMENT!" or as chat speak puts it "pc4pc"... Yeah... whatever. Some people still have some sanity, though.. and I admit it's fun to take surveys. It's just those idiotic picture comment bulletins that drive me nuts.

I still use it as a way to talk to some of my friends, though most have moved over to Facebook, which I think is okay. At least nobody is able to ask for picture comments on Facebook. XD

Shia_san
07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
to me, i think myspace is sort of annoying because alot of people talk about it...alot. and a litte overrated.:sweatdrop

Dark_Gypsy
07-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Myspace is okay I guess....
When poeple say it gets boreing....
Its true it gets very boreing....
But I like an I have one....
I message my friend who lives in arizona on it...
I havent see her in forever...
So if it wasnt for myspace...
I wouldnt be able to talk to her.....
So there its awsome....
But boreing...
hehe....

devildog
07-14-2007, 07:43 PM
for me i dont see the point in having one...these days there are so many kind of sites to chat with other people and myspace is just boring.

NiesaxShiori
07-14-2007, 09:13 PM
is it http://www.friendster.com same with myspace? if same.. myspace are annoying..

RockStar
07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
myspace is only irritating me at the moment because i'm trying to find local bands i can collaborate with and it's so freakin hard! myspace is not the place to meet people (ironically).

Riina-chan
07-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I have myspace but I just made it because I was bored... lol I think myspace isn't as good as it says.... But it is a good place for artists! *coughjapanesecough* Easy to send fanmail... XD

[BlackDeath]
07-15-2007, 11:07 AM
MySpace is supposed to be a journal/blog site but now it's an excuse for people to send friend requests. It's all about who has the most friends it seems now. People don't even leave worth while comments only "thnx 4 t3h add"

Great site if you want to make friends with insecure mindless drones.

Starscream Fire
07-15-2007, 03:08 PM
its good.

i have an account.

but when i got offers of friendship i tried to use the links and it turned the internet off.

the technological side is bad.

bebo is better technecholy.

but no one has conntacted me on bebo.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
07-15-2007, 07:42 PM
i think it's great.
and i don't see how it is annoying, not really.
people talk about much more annoying things on a daily basis besides myspace.
this is a community itself, not totally like myspace, but it's still an online community.
i think myspace is VERY useful.
it hosts your pictures, you talk to people you otherwise wouldn't, you can be a stalker without being considered weird (haha), you can post bulletins to let everyone know whatever, you can post blogs, etc.
it's basically like all the internet communities wrapped up into one.

annoying? not really.
useful? yes.

and as for it being "boring," well, life is what you make of it.
you can make it "unboring" or whatever.
myspace has tons of more features than these forums, yet you're not going to call these boring?
it's what you make of it.

and as for everybody hating myspace, i think it's some ridiculous fad that needs to die. awfully.

people dwelling on hating myspace is more "annoying" than people conversing about myspace, honestly.

Ryth
07-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I suppose it's decent to keep in touch with friends. However, it is generally useless when it comes to making new ones. Also, the capabilities of the myspace site itself is terrible and buggy and make it a waste of time.

Kiran
07-17-2007, 10:04 PM
i have one but i check it like every month, but i use it to keep in touch with my cousin

Wio
07-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Really? where at....I'm intrigued :elephant:
One way is a webserver, but that requires your computer to be turned on and connected to the internet...

So I suggest that you look at this site http://www.free-webhosts.com/power-search.php
Just plug in your preferences and you should be able to find a provider. You might have to look around though.

OminousCloud
07-18-2007, 03:59 AM
I use myspace to preview songs...

chiilove4all
07-26-2007, 08:31 PM
i think its not all that great but if ppl love it and spend Hours on it then go ahead. but hey, if u need to say somethin to some1, thats why theres the old telephone waitin... ^ - ~

Overlord Darth Fluffles
07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Ehha, me. I don't really care. I have one, but just for friends. I don't find it annoying or Awesome. It's just there, like this forum.

Princess Cupcake
07-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I have one. But I hate a lot of things about myspace despite me having one.

Pleiades
07-26-2007, 11:25 PM
MySpace is pretty awesome since it allows you to connect with many of your friends. However, I'd prefer Facebook. It's way better. ;]

Sobriquet
07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
MySpace is annoying. I wasted too much time on that "thing" back then.

Legend_S
07-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Eh, never liked it... never will, almost all my friends have myspace accounts, except me and my friend Loren and we tend to keep it that way lol.

Charmmy
07-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I love MySpace.

Why?

It's where I get to make everything about me.
Or friends.

It's an easy way to keep in touch with people.

It's nifty.

And I just adore it.

Yep.

Like a boy.

Ami~chan
07-27-2007, 12:55 AM
MySpace is just a way I keep in touch with my friends and to let everyone know I'm still alive.

I'm not addicted to it, thank heavens. I heard it's a nasty and difficult addiction to break.

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
myspace and bebo are my favorite things to do on the net...all my friends are on there and everything so we use myspace im to talk and stuff...and i some google adsence links and banners on my myspace so im earnin money at the same time...i also used to spend a good amount of time the anime forum there till i got banned

Franzer
07-27-2007, 03:20 AM
myspace is internet terrorism

Konata Izumi
07-27-2007, 07:15 AM
I can't say I hate it or think it's annoying. The only thing I really hate about it is the layouts. Almost 3/4 of them make the text unreadable or are Naruto flooded.

Reniti
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Aw, I shoulda thought of this one.

I find Myspace for people who have no life. I hate it. Friendships revolve around being in someone's top eight.