PDA

View Full Version : Darker Than Black

sa5m
04-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey, has anybody seen Darker Than Black, a new anime that just came out this year? As of now (4-27-07), there are three subbed episodes out.

Here is a description of the anime from Wikipedia:

"An inscrutable and abnormal territory, known as Hell's Gate, appeared and caused Tokyo to lose its original sky. In response to it, people who possessed special abilities appeared. However, the cost of gaining those abilities is that those people lack almost all human emotions. They are able to coldly murder other people and gained the fear of the populace, as well as the name Contractors. Intelligence agencies in countries around the world utilize their Contractors to uncover the secrets of Hell's Gate and engage in violent battles of intelligence information.
Hei is sent to Tokyo under the guise of an ordinary Chinese student, Li Shunsheng, but he is in reality a top-level Agent and Contractor from the Organization with the code BK201, "The Black God of Death". Hei fights against other Contractors with unpredictable abilities and encounters and parts with women with sorrowful pasts. He also becomes entangled with the Japanese National Police Agency on the phenomenon of Hell's Gate."

Sound interesting? XD

You can watch it on Veoh.com or crunchyroll.com. ^^

(This thread is also for discussing this anime, to those who have seen it.)

Crippe
04-28-2007, 04:13 AM
I saw the first episode this morning. It's really good :D
hope they make many cool episodes ^^

leaf king
05-04-2007, 03:26 AM
I just watched finished watching episode four, and the animation doesn't fail to amaze me. the quality of the animation is very high, as expected of BONES. it's turning out to be a very cool series indeed...

chappie1989
05-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Really great animation, the story is fine, and the contracters are way too weird. Other words it is an amazing anime.

chappie1989
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Really great animation, the story is fine, and the contracters are way too weird. Other words it is an amazing anime.

sa5m
05-08-2007, 05:08 PM

The thing I like about the contractors is their weirdness. It makes the story really interesting!

shikamaruluv13
05-08-2007, 05:43 PM
yeah i really like this anime but when do they put the new subbed episodes out???????

sa5m
05-09-2007, 03:09 PM
yeah i really like this anime but when do they put the new subbed episodes out???????

I believe it's every Wednesday. :D

The Blue Baron
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Hmmm...well i watched the first episode of this and well i beleive it has potential to be an awesome anime but i hope it doesn't get ruined by adult content and im sure you know what i mean, but ya if they dont ruin it with that crap then this has great potential....

chappie1989
05-11-2007, 06:49 AM
ACtually i don't see what you mean

tsukasax
05-28-2007, 11:29 PM
There up to ep 7 now it just gets better and better well worth the watch.

My_Goddess_Raven
05-28-2007, 11:58 PM
my fav character in the show is Yin and i heard that theyre going to extend the seires to 26 intsead of 12 but thats good for theiir sake

Shinigami Ichigo
06-05-2007, 10:47 AM
This series is, by a mile, my favorite anime to premier in the recent season. I cannot get enough of this show. I was a little disappointed that after the character development episodes for Hei, that they went with these 2 joke episodes. Hopefully it is only 2 episodes, and they get back into the real story right after. Excellent animation, good art, suitable voice acting, and the factor to me that just makes a show worth watching, that I can't explain. This show has it all. Also, I wouldn't mind any "adult" content, since this show is clearly aimed at adults in the first place. As long as it is tasteful, that is. But I don't see any of that coming in this series.

Dusk
06-08-2007, 05:17 PM
This show just keeps getting weirder in the way contractors work. I especially like when the detective went to the trash house lol. Thats a lot of garbage in there. I download them all from Veoh which rocks.

Phantom Seeker
06-11-2007, 01:38 AM
hmm, this anime is looks like witch hunter robin 's anime with a different point of view. but i hope their story can't be bored.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb7/estavius/li.jpg