PDA

View Full Version : An Artists handwriting?

keoko
04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
HELLO! i suppose some one probably has already put this up but they say artists have good hand writing. personally my hand writing sucks. no one can read it and that effects my grades.... whats your handwriting like? (It would be nice if we had a graphologist in here too.) "Does the way you write really effect your art?" is one question ive heard(not like we can suddenly change our print) they also say the way you draw characters says alot about you. tell me what you think!:laugh:

pab
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
"Hellow! This is a piece of how I write its super sloppy. Can you read it?"
I apologize if its not acurate, thats all i could get from it. :D
As for the rest. I dont believe that how you write affects how you draw. Up to a certain point at least. Since for me, I can change how i write freely, its more of a "how you are used to it and what you learned first". (or so i think)
But I do believe that your personality affects how you draw characters.
I think thats why everyone has a different style. I also think that those who can do fanart or doujinshi just like the original work are gifted.
Since i see it as if they have to see things from the original author's eyes and thats a hard thing to do.
Anyway, nice handwriting!!!!!

Ωmega
04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
My handwrittings kinda sloppy, but very clear. I heard that artist write differently...as in how they hold their pen/pencil, which is what I chuck my odd pen-holding-syle up to.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
I dunno, I imagine it has nothing to do with it.

Just because I can, my writing. Cursive is a waste of time.

Eris
04-24-2007, 12:25 AM
My experience is that handwriting is entirely based on how often you write, and how often you need to read what you write. Taking notes in class has improved my handwriting vastly. I'll post a sample later.

But I guess other forms of pencilwork also would improve your handwriting.

teed
04-24-2007, 09:05 AM
I personally love your handwriting. I didn't find any trouble reading it. What would you say if you see mine?
I'm studying Art. Artists don't have good hand writing. Most of them anyway. My art instructors proved me right. One of them have MP2k's handwriting. :x
Does that mean their art sucks? Absolutely not.
I agree with Eris. Handwriting is based on how often you write. I rarely write, that is one of the reasons why my handwriting sucks. It is also because of how fast I write. I love it when no one can read my handwriting except for my instructors. It is cursive and complicated. I might post it here when I feel like it.

Buruku
04-24-2007, 10:38 AM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/Buruku/Picture471.jpg

Looks like messy girl handwriting to me, I can write very neat when I want to though.
messy or not I always thought I had pretty expressive writing, you can so tell what mood I'm in.

Oh, and I don't really think it effects your art, theres a lot of people who have very nice handwriting but are horrible at drawing.

Eris
04-24-2007, 11:38 AM
As promised earlier:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/11662462e3267b4428.bmp

Buruku
04-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow Eris thats really cute actually, I didn't expect it to be that neat. o.o

Eris
04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow Eris thats really cute actually, I didn't expect it to be that neat. o.o

I, too, used to be cursed with the dreaded handwriting of doom, that took hours to decipher but one sentence in, but gradually, as I kept filling notebook after notebook of lecture notes, it's improved to a level where it's this neat.

Talent
04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
my handwriting is rubbish - most of my teachers can't read it- lol

Maledictis Voca
04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes, I am an artist and my signature is quite sloppy, though I don't believe it affects how you draw. Though I would have to agree on the comment someone made earlier about some artists holding their pens differently. I've been drawing my entire life and I hold my pens a different way. My teachers tried to correct it but they failed. I actually found it excessively difficult to draw when holding the pen the "correct" way. When I get home ( Currently in the school library. ) I'll blow up an image of my signature I put at the bottom of a snow leopard sketch I did with sharpie. I'm told it looks like a scribble, though I very much like how my handwriting looks.

Gjallarhorn
04-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Feel free to make the comparison (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=20659&page=3). Also, you can't tell by the scan, but my normal handwriting is very small...smaller than this text actually.

Everyone I know who draws a lot, or puts a lot of effort into drawing is the same way. I say drawing specifically because I don't see this in people I know who only paint and such.

Khanxay
04-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Fear it! Not only the the writing itself but the incorrect Calculus!
(I do feel sorry for teachers that have to decipher this everyday...

http://www.animeforum.com/image/27360462e58ce12981.jpg

Tsuna Kadiri
04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/yukialy/handwrite.jpg

Some people hate how I write, others really like it. I don't know if it would be considered messy or not.

I guess it does reflect how I draw somewhat. I write really quickly.

Baka
04-24-2007, 05:32 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/image/43418462e853deb335.jpg

Remie-chan
04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Hmm...I never heard/thought of that before..That's interesting. =]

My handwriting varies alot(only when writing non-cursive).

Ollie
04-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Hah. My handwriting really isn't neat. It's a mix between cursive and printing.

Eris: it's way different with me. The more I write the worse it gets. Although I don't force myself to write neatly, since I don't have the time or effort for it, and for some reason when I attempt to clean up my handwriting I press down with a lot of force and grip the pencil really really tightly, so that my hand goes sore pretty fast.

Anyway... see attachment below~

Gizoku
04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Mines pretty much a mix of print and cursive also. Its legible (thank god). But if I write too much it goes to sloppy cursive. And an equal amount of time I write in all capital letters.

Eris
04-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Hmm...I never heard/thought of that before..That's interesting. =]

My handwriting varies alot(only when writing non-cursive).

I had the same problem with my v's looking like u's, until I came to a chapter in high-school physics that dealt with linear momentum.

This sort of expression is a blast when your u's are inseparable from your v's and vice versa:

mu1 + mv1 = mu2 + mv2 =>
u2 = u1 + v1 - v2

keoko
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I dunno, I imagine it has nothing to do with it.

Just because I can, my writing. Cursive is a waste of time.

oh my goodness i feel the same way, cursive doesnt mean any thing to me my print is 20 times faster!:laugh: why go out of your way just to put some loops in your words? Thats all your doing. My cursive is actually worse then my print and i keep telling my teachers that. their persistant to fail me.:(

nekogrl
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM
a lot of ppl say i'm a very good artist...but i don't think i have that great of handwriting...nobody's really commented me on handwriting...prolly cuz they don't wanna hurt my feelings...n_n'' as of right now i don't have any proof...

maximillian_cross
04-28-2007, 09:18 PM
We're the same ~ desu. My printed handwriting is better than my cursive one. People said my printed handwriting looks like it was printed from a computer. Hehe, I'm a good animator like they say ~desu. But my handwriting doesn't stand out too much. -_-

Anna-san
04-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I have cursive and very small handwriting. So small that I always get comments from teachers on my essay. xD But it is legibal... just hafta strain your eyes xDD

'Your words are very small!!! I have to strain my eyes in order to read!'
'Your words are very small. Please write bigger.'

There was once the teacher said to the class; 'Those whose handwriting are small or illegible, please improve or if your examiners are not happy with your handwriting, they will fail you.'

Personally, I don't think writing affects drawing. For example, I don't bother to finish writing the curve on the letter 's' but when I draw, I make sure I finsh every single little detail and the shading tones on my drawing are equal.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-29-2007, 08:24 AM
We're the same ~ desu. My printed handwriting is better than my cursive one. People said my printed handwriting looks like it was printed from a computer. Hehe, I'm a good animator like they say ~desu. But my handwriting doesn't stand out too much. -_-

Would you quit saying "desu"? It's not cute, you aren't Japanese, and you aren't using it right. It's not a word that actually means anything concrete, it's a copula. You aren't using it to link subject and predicate, ergo it's pointless.

maximillian_cross
04-29-2007, 08:54 AM
I really want to practice writing in cursive cause people said that it is like.... I don't want to mention it. hehe

Howling Star
04-29-2007, 09:00 AM
I won't put my handwriting here in school they laugh about my handwriting/drawings I write like a little child and I'm 14 it's cause I have Arthritis. And I practiced a lot lot lot lot. But it didn't help. So my answer to you is it has nothing to do with being artist/practice. It just depends on the little things.

kitsune shojo
04-29-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46564983/?qo=20&q=by%3Akitsune-shojo&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps I hope that works. Also, I was too lazy to remove the art from the handwriting. I hate that drawing by the way.

ShadowtheWarWolf
04-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah, i guess most artists handwritting is good. I'm an artist myself and my handwritting is pretty need. Except if i write fast or get too lazy to actually make it neat, then it looks pretty crappy.

BlueyedFox
04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I have to say that my handwriting just sucks. I'm not sure how great of an artist I am, but I do know that my handwriting could use some improvement. And, actually, when you read the side note things in a manga volume, many manga-ka are apologetic about their sloppy handwriting. So I would say, from my experience, that artists tend to have "less than legible" handwriting.

Day
05-04-2007, 04:40 PM
My Writing, is best described as small. So small that all my teachers have trouble reading it, and when people want to snoop around like looking what I have on my paper, they cant read a bloody thing! I find it very amusing, but anyway I know its neat, just super small because I cant write that big, ive tried and is doesnt seem to work. I shall show you all in a short time.