PDA

View Full Version : Ways to stay awake....Urgent!!!

Spectre
04-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Not that I'm sleepy or anything but....How do you stay awake....food,hypnotizing,reading,mindles repetive tasks,e.t.c.....I really need to stay awake til at least 12 and its only 8:30 in CT....Ugh....HELP!!!...Oh and I've fallen asleep in front of my computer before so staring at the screen won't help....:banghead:....Heck PM me and start a long winded tirade against me....ANYTHING....

Sagat
04-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Run on the spot, do pushups, jumping jacks, etc.

Get your heart and blood flowing, it will keep you awake.

Failing that, just drink coffee like the rest of the world. Or green tea.

pab
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
yes i am the third one in this thread
(3 is my lucky #)
without further interruptions, what i do is...
...watch anime, spam forums, go to youtube, stupid stuff that gets you thinking enough to stay awake, listen to techno or things that get u pumped up etc...
you know things that aren't monotonous (i think i got that right)
you get the idea right?
:D

Snowscala_Xx
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
XD you are very fuuny, first you wanted to sleep and now you want to stay awake O.o'.. i wouldent recommend food to keep you awake, sure it takes time away from sleeping to make it and eat it, but food can make you famish and tired. i wouldent recommened television either, i dont know why probably b/c tv makes me sleepy, i wouild probably get on the computer, clean (its something i really hate doing but, i want to finish once i start).. umm go jogging.. gl not sleeping XD

Famahama
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Bite your hand
Have some company
Take a stroll
Eat some very spicy things
Have an alarm clock next to you
Coffee?

Beast
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Drink a couple energy drinks, workout to get your blood pumping, whatever works best

ThE_LoST_ShaDoW
04-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Go to starbucks and get a double-expresso! That I've heard helps wake you up, I don't drink coffee but my friend gets one when he has to get up really early for work.

BlueyedFox
04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
-VAULT-
or some other energy drink. Or you could call someone and tell them to keep you awake. Or I suggest exercise...it really wakes you up. Or maybe do something that you like doing that takes time and concentration. Like "I must finish this puzzle or I won't be able to sleep."

-or- (a good one just popped into my head)

watch a scary movie so you'll be too freaked out to go to sleep.
Okay that's all I've got.

Aleyna
04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
drink or eat something that contains caffeine
doctors recommend you don't drink or consume more then 300-400 calories of caffeine a day so make sure you get just enough to make u stay awake a few hours
its also good to drink or consume it wisely
don't drink 2-3 mt. dew pops quickly, that can leave head-pounding headaches for later which will make u extremely tired
also if you have low blood pressure its best to drink or consume no more then 200-300 calories a day because caffeine can slow your growth, and thats especially bad if your an adolescent
its good to drink caffeine cause it prevent diabetes, keeps u alert, and prevent other cancers from ever happening
just don't drink to much cause thats when you'll regret it later on when your usually not tired cause you'll have horrible headaches & want to go to sleep
i drink 1/2 a can of mt. dew(the lil ones) every morning to keep me awake
theres only 73 calories in it and i have a low blood pressure so that stuff makes me shakey all damn day
my mom is making me drink 1 every morning so ill get to school for my zero hour class on time

NovaStar
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I recomend Drinking ALOT of Coffee, Drink it Straight black, Avoid The Milk, The Milk will tone down the caffine.

DO NOT Mix with an energy drink, you will overload and be exhausted the next day,

STRAIGHT COFFEE, no Additions.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Not that I'm sleepy or anything but....How do you stay awake....food,hypnotizing,reading,mindles repetive tasks,e.t.c.....I really need to stay awake til at least 12 and its only 8:30 in CT....Ugh....HELP!!!...Oh and I've fallen asleep in front of my computer before so staring at the screen won't help....:banghead:....Heck PM and start a long winded tirade against me....ANYTHING....

Try fire. It's very inspirational. That's why they use it in the Olympics.

Obscure Allusion.

MomijiTMO
04-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I recomend Drinking ALOT of Coffee, Drink it Straight black, Avoid The Milk, The Milk will tone down the caffine.

DO NOT Mix with an energy drink, you will overload and be exhausted the next day,

STRAIGHT COFFEE, no Additions.

I also have my coffee black (for different reasons though :laugh: It keeps you on your toes!

Acnologia
04-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Drink coffee, and lots of it
But honestly, staying up till 12 is no big deal, I do it all the time

Regex
04-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Here's a novel thought.

Prepare properly, and get enough sleep the night before.

_CTA_
04-20-2007, 12:45 AM
coffe. really strong one!!

btw, i made a topic about how can i go to sleep. now you have an opposite topic of mine. -___-

zyronet
04-20-2007, 01:04 AM
coffee is for my option..
if not successful, play songs with screaming sounds, with max volume (haha! just joking.. don't try this, or you'll end up being nagged by anyone annoyed).. for those who said drink.. energy drinks, hmm.. point here, if you'll ever drink those.. be such to pump yourself, exercise and do physical jobs, because it would cause side effect.. (i've know that due to some person i know who experince, drinking energy drinks then they just do nothing, the next day, they were having serious headache..)

but still.. just do anything that enjoys you.. okay.

Hellsing-Rules
04-20-2007, 01:09 AM
ya get ready before hand and drink coffee at night =)

kt-kun
04-20-2007, 03:37 AM
I work on my forum so that keeps me up all night. I suggest getting a red bull it gives you wings! ^_^

allan01
04-20-2007, 04:24 AM
watch a interesting/Suspenseful anime's that you have to see the end of.
post on every anime forum you can find on google (read every topic that interests you) that should take you abit.
if all else fails try something like making an amv or coffie, or both

prank calling annoying people is also good but not always reccommended

Wolfwood
04-20-2007, 07:09 AM
a bottle of black V energy drink. it warns on the bottle to have only one a day, good to listen to it ^^
seriously, that stuff will keep you up for a very long time

=[[Wolfwood]]=

-akichan-
04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Keep you stay awake, why don't you just be more active? You're sleepy doesn't mean you can't move, you can always move around, or open the window to take some fresh air. Instead of drinking energy drinks (you may depend on it all the time) Just move a lot, stand up and stretch.

Kiss of Death
04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
ummm... you could just listen to very loud music. or a coffie will do

Alicaryn Silentread
04-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I don't know how to stay awake either. I fall asleep in classes all the time. D: Its awful! And I go to bed at a fairly decent time, I get about 4 or 5 hours asleep! Dx

-takes some of the peoples advice- I drink something caffienated and get me a muffin when I start to feel sleepy! =D

-akichan-
04-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't know how to stay awake either. I fall asleep in classes all the time. D: Its awful! And I go to bed at a fairly decent time, I get about 4 or 5 hours asleep! Dx

-takes some of the peoples advice- I drink something caffienated and get me a muffin when I start to feel sleepy! =D

Hey, you're just like me, i'm known as the sleeping person in school and i was even on the yearbook, a picture of me sleeping xD

However, i don't really prefer drinking caffienated beverages, because if you drink too much, you might start to depend on it. I still thinking standing up and walking around might be a better idea.^^;

Spectre
04-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey...Thank to all for the suggestions....but it was all for naught....I fell asleep approx. 30 minutes after posting the thread....My mom came home around 9 ish and tried to wake me....in vain....But keep posting so I can learn to stay up in the future instead of staying up all night playing Prince of Persia and be completely exhausted the next day and re-post this thread.....

Eris
04-20-2007, 10:46 AM
How long are you going to stay up? It can be dangerous (eventually deadly) to be awake more than a couple of days. I really wouldn't recommend more than 48 hours to be on the safe side.

Anyways: First the don'ts.

Do not, whatever you do lay down.
Do not "rest" your eyes a bit.
Avoid alcohol.

The dos:

Drink sweet, heavily caffeinated beverages (Jolt cola 2x, Bawls, that sort of thing.) It's more powerful than just coffee.
If you really want to drink coffee, don't drink espresso. It, contrary to popular belief, contains less caffeine than regular coffee.
Excercise, jog around the block or something.
Be in a well-lit room.
Engage in light mentally stimulating activity: Reading = bad, playing a first person shooter = good.
Don't over-eat. Being too full will make you drowsy.
Take a cold shower if you feel you can't keep your face open.

███
04-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I find the best ways are to stay active; do not sit down and try to change the way you think, instead of viewing your bed as a nice place to lay, start thinking about how much better you would look if you lifted those wieghts.

Remie-chan
04-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Drink a couple energy drinks, workout to get your blood pumping, whatever works best
Energy drinks won't work. One minute you're "OMG I'M FIRED UP Y'ALL!!11!1" Then next thing you know you're down for the count. I know. ~.~

But anywho, yea, try exercising. That'll definetly do! Either that or if you love to draw, draw something. Or bake something random like brownies or something. Or play some non-stop exciting video games.

bttr
04-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Play fear then you would be to scared to sleep.

Kitty Killer
04-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Walk, stretch and arch your back,find something crispy to eat, watch TV.

Kiss of Death
04-20-2007, 01:11 PM
eat suggar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sagat
04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes, you see, the goal is to stay awake, kiss of death, not fall asleep from the energy crash five minutes later, but thank you for playing anyways.

Talent
04-20-2007, 04:05 PM
do something active- play a sport or something- but then you'll get tired

DarkRubberDuckyofDoom
04-20-2007, 04:14 PM
I read. Or I watch Late Night shows. I think that Craig(e?) guy, the Britsh one? I think he keeps me awake pretty well. I also take a shower than get online. But DO NOT play puzzle games. They tire you out tlike nothing else. Think of funny things and say them out load. Sing. Quote funny movies. Make up stories in your mind then act them out. Um, read? LoL. Oh, drink coffee. I like frozen coffee, but hot coffee might work, too. If you sleep well in a cold room, turn up the heat. If you sleep better in a warm/hot room, turn the AC on HIGH. Now its up to you to stay awake. Good Luck.

Neko Yasha
04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
I'd drink coffee, but if you don't like coffee, eat chocolate! Dance to heavy metal, and go on walks outdoors.

GaiSensei
04-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I've fallen asleep on the job more times than I can count -.-'
I usually doodle something to stay awake... or eat a lot of chocolate and sugar during break so I'm awake when I come back O.O;;

KuroTan
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
since the usual ideas have been taken (coffee,exercise,etc.^^') here's another way to look at it. go to a phone, call up all ur friends and invite them over.id pretty much guarantee u wont be sleeping wid them around unless ud want some embarassing pictures of urself posted on the net.^^

unless of course you have good friends...try dunking ur head in ice cold water every 30 minutes or so (vary according to ur needs) hope that helps!^^

GoreDude
04-20-2007, 08:52 PM
video games are what works for me alos why do you need to stay up

Hamashimura
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Let's see...these are only my ways:
-Drink alot coffee
-Go out and run or exercize on nice night air(best,always work for me)^^
-Dont try to study,that usually makes me sleepy^^
-Listen to music(not helping alot),or play some games(not helping at all)

But keep posting so I can learn to stay up in the future instead of staying up all night playing Prince of Persia and be completely exhausted the next day and re-post this thread.....

Lol...I know how you feel...I'm awake almost all night too,but I'm compensating it with sleeping during classes on college...Lol,really,teachers have really hypnotizing voice without any rhytm...And around half students fall asleep...Prince of Persia?One of my favorites,hardest is Warrior Within,playing on hard is impossible for me *sigh*

I dont reccomend Energy Drink,one my friend drank 7 bottles,and he couldnt sleep for 2 days,and his liver was almost completely destroyed...not to mention that he got into hospital for he had something that doctors in our country calls near-heart attack...But if you drink it,then dont overdo it...
I believe coffee will do the trick...
Black coffee is helping me while studying late at night^^

Eris
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes, you see, the goal is to stay awake, kiss of death, not fall asleep from the energy crash five minutes later, but thank you for playing anyways.

Where on earth did you get the concept that you were going to stop eating sugar after 5 minutes? You gotta surf the sugar-wave.

(_YvOnSo_)
04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Drink a 6-pack of Red Bull

Kiss of Death
04-24-2007, 05:40 AM
ummm... i'm sleeping at day time and at night... i read! so... ummm... take a shower (<--speling?) cold one. it will help. warm water makes people sleepy

wushuuu
04-24-2007, 07:22 AM
sleeping in the afternoons..... haha!!

Maledictis Voca
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
If you're sensative to sugar, and I mean lots of it, drink a monster. I don't even wan't to get in to details of what it does if you're sugar sensative. That's a story all its own. Though, in a few hours you'll be sleeping like a rock from a sugar crash.

keezy.
04-27-2007, 04:23 PM
well, i'm always awake at night, but in the morining i'm sooooooo tired. so i don't have tips like jump around bcuz i'm in school in the morining and u can't jump during class. just think about tons of things or daze yourself. i normally just stare at something until i'm a total space-case, it's just as good as sleeping w/ your eyes open :]

Eris
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
speling?

Get Firefox 2.0 with built in spell check, whydontcha?

bug
04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Heres an easy way to stay awake, eat sugar cubes.

Petrol Gas
04-27-2007, 09:46 PM
You coulds always try to reinvens the helicopter!

Grim Scythe
04-27-2007, 11:08 PM
i guess no one here has actually tried to do it on willpower alone?
why dont you all try that?
hehe he

Eraiza
04-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Well.. For me, it's all about COFFEE [yea, I'm a coffee-aholic weirdie]. But some other stuff:
-lotsa sugar
-a cold shower
-or perhaps, if you don't find anything convenient, bang your head against a wall until you can't feel it anymore XD

Kiss of Death
04-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Well.. For me, it's all about COFFEE [yea, I'm a coffee-aholic weirdie]. But some other stuff:
-lotsa sugar
-a cold shower
-or perhaps, if you don't find anything convenient, bang your head against a wall until you can't feel it anymore XD

dont! you'll hurt yourself! ummm... better go for a walk ^^

bttr
04-28-2007, 05:18 AM
dont! you'll hurt yourself! ummm... better go for a walk ^^

Then you could fall asleep while walking and you can't run since you would be that tired.

Kiss of Death
04-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Then you could fall asleep while walking and you can't run since you would be that tired.

yup... ummm... i dont think you can fall asleep while walking. than if you have dog, go out and play with him/her. everyone will be fappy

bttr
04-28-2007, 05:31 AM
I got it . Turn on the vacuum,listen to annoying sounds ,jump around the house or just use sheer will power.I stayed up till 4.30 am until my parents got up -_-.I could of stayed up longer but they just had to get up.

Kiss of Death
04-28-2007, 05:40 AM
I got it . Turn on the vacuum,listen to annoying sounds ,jump around the house or just use sheer will power.I stayed up till 4.30 am until my parents got up -_-.I could of stayed up longer but they just had to get up.

my parents would kill me...

~Sakura Haruno~
04-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Lol xD if u want to stay awake just dont try to sleep and dont listen slow music
so stay awake by:
eating something(not something that makes u fat :p )
turn on all the lights in the room
if u get tired stand up and start to dance xD etc( i dont know other ways to stay awake becaouse when i see something i always sleep xD)

anime-na
04-28-2007, 08:03 AM
DO NOT SIT OR LIE ON ANYTHING CUMFY!!! Drink Coffee, preferiably Expresso... Try standing, I would imagine it would be fair difficult for u 2 fall asleep while standing!

Sasukeluva
04-28-2007, 08:31 AM
play very very very very loud music

smile1010
06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Uh duh coffee??
Eating candy
DON'T WATCH TV.
because just resting your eyes for 5 minutes will end up in hours of sleep.
Have a party.
INVITE FRIENDS OVER.
Watch a scary movie.
Drink soda

Lunafreya Fleuret
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I just drink coffee to stay awake and had very good success. I'm up so far two weeks and no sleep. .-. I take it that Coffee may be the best thing. Or yes, you could use hypnosis.

Sandro
06-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Bah, I think I'm getting too old for all-nighters. I can sat up for a bit, but then around a certain time I just fall asleep. Hell, I even passout during 3rd period of last couple Sens games

Beast
06-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Pop an E tab, drink anything with caffeine, anger a couple gangster-type people - You will be running too fast to be tired.

Tiamat
06-04-2007, 11:07 PM
It's all about the sugar.

-Chocolate (^o^)!!!!!
-Coffee =D
-Soda =p
-Plain sugar ^o^
-Lots and lots of candies~ =o

I also suggest the following:

-Loud noises
-Lots and lots or lights
-Chatroom (to force you to keep those eyes open)
-T.V. All time fav.
-NO BOOKS WHAT-SO-EVER. >o<!
-Us. =D

...Good luck! <(^o^)^