PDA

View Full Version : Juno Reactor!!!

Yugure's Goddess
04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
This is a group that creates very nice, if not techno, then dance music. They've produced a lot of music for different tv-related stuff (movies, etc.) All of their songs builds on kind of a Techno center but stems different styles of music from around the world from that base. Some songs seem asian, others Gothic (gives that old roman/medieval england, strong, deep church choir feel), others African.

An edit of their song, Conga Fury, was featured in the Animatrix, another, entilted Navras was featured in the The Matrix Revolutions. An edit of another one of their songs, Guardian Angel, is the entrance theme to the anime series, Texhnolyze. And their song, Control, was featured in the movie, Mortal Kombat.

Nearly all their songs are almost strictly instrumentals (a lot digital) with very few words and usually tend to be rather long (songs can range, in length, anywhere from 3 1/2 minutes to over 9 minutes) but they are all quite awsome. Even if you don't like Techno or dance in it of itself, you could probably still find that you like at least a few Juno Reactor songs. For the techno-phobes the songs, Pistolero, Navras and Conga Fury aren't as techno as some of their other songs, though still have a slight techno vibe to them. I know that Pistolero has a lot of awsome guitar solos, too. The shortest song of theirs that I've heard is Pistolero and their longest that I've found is Navras.

This might be overdoing it but I guess here's some more extensive info about them: Juno Reactor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_Reactor)

My favorites by them are Pistolero and Guardian Angel.

Well? Opinions? Favorite songs? Corrections on my info?

love
dani
dude