PDA

View Full Version : G.U.'s weakness?!!!

rahmawan
04-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Hack G.U. is a very good game but I think there is a little mistakes that something that exist in other rpg action games but not in G.U. that is the player cannot jump. it is maybe a little suggestion from me. if what I tell is wrong , I hope I won't e blamed. but G.U. is really a very good game in order show the realities in online game. thanks for read this

maximillian_cross
04-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah, you're right. .hack GU is a great action rpg game but if only they added more features like jumping. Heck, when I first played it and I was on the first battle. I experimented with all of the controls and kept saying. "Where's the Jump button!?" haha. I guess I was used to Action RpGs having jumping features and yet I was surprised that this game hasn't.

CrimsonMoon
04-23-2007, 06:09 AM
Yep, now that you mention it. But I guess I'm okay if there's no jump button. :p

maximillian_cross
04-24-2007, 01:44 AM
And there's one thing too, the character's personalities. We have discussed this over in the PM, did we not, CrimsonMoon?

Haseo's a tad aggressive, vain and hard-headed. Not a fit personality for a main character.

Atoli's the same - too annoying, dependent, helpless and too much of a damsel in distress. sigh...

DreamField
04-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Max, that's what I find helps to set aside G.U. from other games - the protagonists.

Personally, I don't see a problem with not having a jump button. It's not really needed at all to explore or in combat.

The one thing that really gets to me about the G.U. games is the repedative levels and music, there is pretty much four or five different looks for the dungeons and fields and that's all. I'm hoping for different areas and music like in the old .hack games. They had a nice variety of dungeons and fields :)

maximillian_cross
04-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Yes well, I guess the protagonists make the game... interesting with their attitude. I guess the jump ability does not really stand out useful in the game seeing as there are many controls already which makes the game fun to play.

And yeah, I agree that the dungeons are repetitive. I mean I think there are just 4 or 5 types of dungeons ( the cave, the japanese dungeon, the meadow, and I forgot the other two. ) and the only thing that changes are the time, whether it's morning, afternoon or nighttime.

bug
04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I agree. They really do need to add deferent looking fields and dungeons. And, while the jump feature would do almost nothing in the way the game currently is, they could have made it funner if they made some fields and dungeons were you could only stay on small platforms. This would make the game a bit more fun is you ask me. Anyway, I personaly like the characters. Each one has something unique to them.

DarkShadow60
05-22-2007, 08:50 PM
I agree with you on that as with the post they could've done more with dungeons and fields plus the music for them course I tune it out with my own music till I'm done with the area. sorry in advance for any spam.

Infinita
05-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I think they have the same music playing most of the time. (Mainly in the field or when you battle a monster) I don't think their is a need for a jump button but its just that everyone is used to having Rpgs that usea jump button (Like super mario brothers) ^^

tsukasax
05-28-2007, 11:41 PM
in g.u vol 2, you get hella better characters like
Endrance

and most of all the arena characters you had to fight in the first game.

but yea still no jumping.

DarkShadow60
06-01-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm sure this off topic but there is ever going to be a guide for vol:2 or no? I must know. sorry its just been driving crazy for weeks. thanks in advance for any and all info.

tsukasax
06-02-2007, 02:09 AM
this is mostly done
http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/sg/hack_gu_vol_2.txt