PDA

View Full Version : Negima Title

Kristen
04-13-2007, 09:04 AM
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/negimagi

This is not the name for any of the series. The proper names would be Negima!: Magister Negi Magi (often shortened as Negima!) or Negima!?. It also can be found as Mahou Sensei Negima, even though that is also not the "correct" title.

LavaBug
04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
"Mahou sensei negima" is what the manga cover says in japanese afaik
as for the rest i see into that

Kristen
04-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Really? That's weird. On the anime is says "Negima!: Magister Negi Magi". @_@

Lady Elwen
04-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Isn't Negima!? a completely different series? It's a remake of the original anime (Mahou Sensei Negima!) that covers some of the same material but changed the story, so they don't even exist in the same continuity.

Not that that necessarily matters for song lyrics, but just sayin'. As confusing as it is, "Negima!" and "Negima!?" do not refer to the same thing. D:

Kristen
04-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Right. Technically, Negima!? is a second series, but it's a completely different story. Other than that, everything is the same. That's why I said "Negima!: Magister Negi Magi" OR "Negima!?" Having just "Mahou Sensei Negi" would and will be confusing when the lyrics and songs for Negima!? are put in.

Lady Elwen
04-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Ahh, okay. I missed the closing parenthesis in your original post, so I thought you were saying Negima!: Master Negi Magi could be shortened as either Negima! or Negima!?.