PDA

View Full Version : Bullet for my Valentine?

Hamashimura
04-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Bullet for My Valentine (sometimes shortened to "Bullet" or "BFMV") is a four-piece metalcore band from Bridgent[/URL], South Wales. Formed in 1998 under the name "Jeff Killed John", they originally played Metallica, Limp Biskit and Nirvana covers.
Members:
Matthew Tuck - Guitar/vocal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend)
Michael Paget - Guitar/background vocal
Jasone James - Bass/Background vocal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocals)
Michael "Moose" Thomas - Drums

I dont really know much about this group.I have few songs so I wanted to see if any of you know about them,and if you do,are they good?
I have these songs:
-Tears dont Fall
-Hand of Blood
-All these things I hate
-Curses
-Cries in vain
-Suffocating under words of Sorrow
-The Poison

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drums"]

Ryth
04-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Terrible filth. I cannot begin to describe how much I hate them, and how angry I get when I ask people if they like My Bloody Valentine and they say "You mean Bullet For my Valentine? Yeah they rock!"

MomijiTMO
04-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Umm a lot of people like them. I on the other hand do not like this band for recycled riffs.

Masali
04-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Guitar player is sick, everything else...meh.

DarkPrinceBman
04-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Well they are exactly the same as every band in the lable they dont branch into anything new. They are a faily weak imitation of As I Lay Dying, which does bother me.

I would recomend if you listen to this sorta of genre
UnderOath
Page 99
Circle Takes The Square
Arch Enemy
and well if you want it heavier
The Black Dahlia Murder

In all I would say that the band needs more time, a little more composition and some time to develope the vocals and they are soon to be great, but as of now, just your everyday band to me.

MomijiTMO
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
I would recomend if you listen to this sorta of genre
UnderOath
Page 99
Circle Takes The Square
Arch Enemy
and well if you want it heavier
The Black Dahlia Murder

Umm Metalcore band to The Black Dahlia Murder is quite a jump. . .:laugh:

The Black Dahlia Murder are awesome but are in a different genre to Bullet For My Valentine. Also Arch Enemy are Melodic Death.

DarkPrinceBman
04-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Umm Metalcore band to The Black Dahlia Murder is quite a jump. . .:laugh:

The Black Dahlia Murder are awesome but are in a different genre to Bullet For My Valentine. Also Arch Enemy are Melodic Death.

Yeah I know different genre, but I dont normaly like sticking to Emo Violence. So I am trying to lead people down the path of blast beats and double bass.

Though back to topic, yes I understand that bands like these are very popular now a days, and I had given them a chance. So I know I dont really enjoy their music.

MomijiTMO
04-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah I know different genre, but I dont normaly like sticking to Emo Violence. So I am trying to lead people down the path of blast beats and double bass.

Though back to topic, yes I understand that bands like these are very popular now a days, and I had given them a chance. So I know I dont really enjoy their music.

Blastbeats oh yeah. . . . . Check out Psycroptic if you want blastbeats. Yeah Metalcore is mainstream. I just heard 'Just Another Star' and I'm so over the, "EEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" vocals that flood this scene.

Who knows, Bullet For My Valentine could evolve into something unique. . . .

Hamashimura
04-08-2007, 06:34 AM
I see^^
So I shouldn't search for any other stuff made by them,since you all tell that they suck...
I'll stick to your words,thnx^^

MomijiTMO
04-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Hey Hamashimura if you like Metalcore check out As I Lay Dying.

Hamashimura
04-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Hey Hamashimura if you like Metalcore check out As I Lay Dying.

Ok,I'll do it...
I hope they're good^^

MomijiTMO
04-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Sorry that they weren't what you hoped for Hamashimura. Maybe you should steer clear of any Metalcore. :D

Tsuna Kadiri
04-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I've got a friend who's in love with their music. I don't really like their style too much, but I tried out 3 or 4 songs. They blend in with the rest of the bands in their genre.

Though there was one song, 10 Years Today. That one wasn't too bad.