PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online

Koshiro
03-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Does anyone else enjoy playing Ragnarok Online?

I play it quite often and I usually play as my Gunslinger (which is my favorite class).

Saibot
03-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah I play RO :P I prefer Sniper than Gunslinger :P

Daenerys
03-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I never really got into it, because when you're new, it's hard to continue playing when you have no one to play with, and everyone is mean to you and snakes your kills, and follows you around swearing at you.

Souhi
03-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I never really got into it, because when you're new, it's hard to continue playing when you have no one to play with, and everyone is mean to you and snakes your kills, and follows you around swearing at you.

That's what killed me off the game....my server was full of "l33t" players too advanced and no one was willing to help. No courtesy at all. I was led there by some close friends and the guild was quite powerful, but I left for maybe....2 weeks? Due to exams. But the point is, I fell behind and people just kept sighing and talking to me as if I was a child. It was ridiculous.

I still like the basic game layout and simplicity. Not to mention the style. I'll go back into it when I'm able to find a good server.

WoE is a lot of fun by the way. With the right parts.

The_SolarGod
04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
i do play ragnarok...
i actually have no 3rd jobs yet...
i only have my priest..lvl74
and hunter lvl 85..

.Lovebeat
04-20-2007, 04:52 PM
I've been playing for more than 2 years... never on an official server though, just on lowrates (have tried highrates and didn't like it).
Favourite class so far is professor. I've transcended 3 times to Highpriest, Gypsy and Professor. Oh the memories ._.

The_SolarGod
04-21-2007, 07:32 AM
i love the siege war...
the war of emperium is the best thing that happened to me since i learned how to play online MMO's...

Levanter
05-17-2007, 02:15 PM
I play on private servers...^^ usually on semi-low rate ones.

I like playing characters that no one else wants to play---stalkers, clowns, professors. ^^ Nice to have a monopoly on one class. XD

Stalkers are my favorite though. I love having high flee without relying on +flee cards :)

animesaint
07-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Lol I loved Gunslingers desperado, I was lvl 90 and pwned a baphomet with it and spammed it and healed my sp(?)
In the end I stick with the hunters and snipers.
One time I saw a sage(the one who uses books or daggers)own an agi knight with a knife that speeded up the attack rate and had auto cast. He attacked so fast that the spells were raining down like crazy. No healing items. 1 on 1.

Skeith/Haseo Wave
07-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I play RO, but on a private server, PerfectRO! I enjoy playing on a PK server, just people gang ALOT.. My main classes is a Stalker and Scholar.

mew mew
07-26-2007, 04:14 AM
i play Ro.. but only offline.. lol.. Really..

Skeith/Haseo Wave
08-01-2007, 04:56 AM
I hear they are making 3-1 and 3-2 classes(another set of transendant classes). Plus raising the lvl limit to 150, with other cool stuff.

Bragi
08-24-2007, 10:46 PM
me too i play Ragnarok and I'm an avid fan.. well, my characters are in hibernation though. I love the char class of Swordies epesially my Lord Knight. Now I'm using my High Priest for boosting chars of lower levels.

ooaao
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
iRO is crappy and so out of date. kRO had gunslinger almost a year before iRO got it.

Oh and they are making new classes. iRO will not have them for awhile and kRO will have them soon. I enjoy private servers much more becuase there arnt alot of "133t" people as you call them. Or atleast just not on my server >_>

Darkness2003
09-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I played it for a couple of years, I'm not just awaiting RO2

Roldy
09-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I love that game to death.

I only like playing in private servers though because they're more up do date on things.

Right now I have an Assassin cross (which is my favorite class) a monk and I'm working on a ninja.

Ashers
09-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Ohyes <3 been playing it for 2 years and a half and im still not tired of it - yet xD

MistressPookyChan
10-23-2007, 03:42 AM
I played since the first beta for iRO came out, but then I left iRO because the value wasn't worth what I was paying. did a few private servers, but they didn't work well with my Japanese OS. If I had more time, I might try going on jRO.

FelineBoy
10-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Is it worth playing? Because I was thinking of joining at some point in time...

Unknownymous
10-23-2007, 08:59 AM
In my opinion, not anymore. It used to be fun, when it was all about adventuring with your buddies. It stopped being that a long time ago.

I played since it was in open beta here in my country, and continued for several months. When our guild broke up due to lack of interest (because the game community changed drastically when it stopped being about adventuring), I quit, and soon after, almost all of our guild quit as well. Now not a single one of our former members, nor any of our guild allies, still plays.

That's not to say the game isn't good. If you can put up with a bad community (case-to-case basis, but a lot of players really have no manners), a load of bots, and having nothing to do but grind and PVP, then go ahead and play it. But honestly, since it's a P2P game, I think there are better games than that. If you're going to pay for something anyway, go ahead and pay for something that's more enjoyable than that. That's my advice.

FelineBoy
10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
In my opinion, not anymore. It used to be fun, when it was all about adventuring with your buddies. It stopped being that a long time ago.

I played since it was in open beta here in my country, and continued for several months. When our guild broke up due to lack of interest (because the game community changed drastically when it stopped being about adventuring), I quit, and soon after, almost all of our guild quit as well. Now not a single one of our former members, nor any of our guild allies, still plays.

That's not to say the game isn't good. If you can put up with a bad community (case-to-case basis, but a lot of players really have no manners), a load of bots, and having nothing to do but grind and PVP, then go ahead and play it. But honestly, since it's a P2P game, I think there are better games than that. If you're going to pay for something anyway, go ahead and pay for something that's more enjoyable than that. That's my advice.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not certain now, seeing as I hate bots...and bad communities. But I'll look into it anyway.