PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry+God of War=???

Light Buster
03-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Ghost Rider. Something that and so horrible you just want to stay away and run as far as you can. Seriously, this game suck. Why do games like these keep ripping off each other?

Toastie
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
As a rule, I never go near Games that were film titles 'cause most of the time they're crud! I saw Ghostrider in the shops and even though it looked good, thats possibly as far as it'll go

Wolfwood
03-25-2007, 06:11 AM
i dont think there's been a good game thats been based on a movie. they all seem like a quick chop together in an attempt to make money from the movies name and popularity alone.

Regex
03-26-2007, 12:07 AM
i dont think there's been a good game thats been based on a movie. they all seem like a quick chop together in an attempt to make money from the movies name and popularity alone.
Star Wars games usually are very good.

Wolfwood
03-26-2007, 02:10 AM
o yeah, forgot bout them O_o
they kinda broke away from the rest. i guess that might of started with the old tie fighter games and stuff that could of worked on DOS ^^;
back before any random company will try to cash in on the popularity of a name (like some Naruto games. its hard to find a good one amoung the quick half-assed attempts)

GoreDude
03-26-2007, 04:20 PM
the star wars games are good, but the games loike ghost rider,xmen,spiderman, and batman these are all game that were based on movies and if you go onto any decent games site they will have a max score of 7

-Batman-
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
but the games loike ghost rider,xmen,spiderman, and batman these are all game that were based on movies and if you go onto any decent games site they will have a max score of 7

Actually.
not all of those games are movie based. Some are also comic based. Also not all of them have bad scores. Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was great. So was X-Men Legends. Marvel Ultimate Alliance was fairly decent (But Samual L Jackson Nick Fury made it the greatest game ever) as well.
The problem is that most of these games are in the hands of un-talented developers who haven't produced a half-way decent non-sports game since the genesis and super nintendo.

Opinionated
03-26-2007, 05:19 PM
not all of those games are movie based. Some are also comic based.

Let's not forget that awesome Spider-Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_%282000_video_game%29)game that came out during the PS1/N64 era. That game is great, and it predates Tobey Maguire.

The problem with movie games, as I see it, is developers are just hired to make a game based off the movie and release it. They don't have to go through adding touches or features to make the game outstanding, they're hoping the movie lisensce will sell the game.

When developers do aim for quality, you get great games like Spiderman 2 and King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
i dont think there's been a good game thats been based on a movie. they all seem like a quick chop together in an attempt to make money from the movies name and popularity alone.Chronicles of Riddick, Spiderman 2.....That's it.

Though yes, ghost rider sucked.

Wolfwood
03-27-2007, 12:09 AM
never saw how Chronicles of Riddick scored with reviews. spiderman got some good ones, but for every good game based on a movie, there's about 50 bad ones ^^;