PDA

View Full Version : We Love Katamari - "Katamari on the Swing"

Rachael
03-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Correcting my own submission here. I'm not sure if there's a way to correct lyrics outside of the forum--I thought I saw a link to that, but now I can't find it.

Anyway, the line

Ai no danpen wo atsume, sora ni ukabeyou

should be

Ai no kakera wo atsume, sora ni ukabeyou

and the line

Kaze kitte mawaru, shisen wa kugitsuke sa

should be

Kaze kitte mawaru, shisen wa kugizuke sa

Also, I've noticed in the translation there are funny characters instead of apostrophes. I know what I did wrong: I copy-and-pasted my Word document into the submission box. When I submitted other lyrics manually, it didn't do that.

Is there any way that can be fixed? Perhaps I could re-submit the translation?

Thanks in advance.

LavaBug
03-21-2007, 05:19 AM
i could edit it directly, but if i find something wrong with a submission, i usually PM the submitter, and ask him to re-upload it, since i think it's better the original translator changes his work than me.
(since translators can be quite 'peculiar' about ppl changing their work sometimes...^^°)
so, if you won't mind reuploading, i wont mind putting your new version on the page :P

Rachael
03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Okay. By "re-upload" did you mean submitting the song a second time? I did that just now. I also switched the English words in the romaji to the more standard transcription in katakana.

I'm not sure if the footnote about the lyrics is needed or not, but I felt it would be best to let the listener know the difference between what is written and what is sung.

I take my transcription and translation very seriously, because I want to make a profession of it...not necessarily of transcribing and translating lyrics, but I need all the practice I can get!

LavaBug
03-26-2007, 08:44 AM
so. your new version is online,
sorry for the long waiting

Rachael
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey, no problem. I'm actually impressed at your speed. Some sites take an eternity and a half to update. :p