PDA

View Full Version : Next Adoration

Takki
03-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I have trouble finding anime and manga I like because I'm so picky, yet random also. My tastes fly all over the map, so it's hard to have someone to recommend me something.

Hopefully you guys can suggest some really good series that'll I'll truely enjoy. I have no idea how to explain my random anime and manga tastes so I'll just list some that really touched me.

X-1999 (anime)
Cardcaptor Sakura (actually, anything from Clamp)
FLCL (anime)
Tenchi Muyo (anime)
Hare+Guu (anime)
G Gundam (anime)
Peach Girl (manga)
Hajime no Ippo (manga)
Midori no Hibi (Midori Days) (manga)
Love Hina (manga)
Akira (manga)
Elfen Lied (anime)
Neon Genesis Eva (anime)
Battle Royale (manga)

That should give you an idea.

Haibara
03-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Might I suggest.....

Fruits Basket
Ouran High School Host Club
The Vision of Escaflowne
Tenchi Universe
Chobits
D. Gray-man
Outlaw Star
Gundam Wing

Takki
03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Hmm... I've checked out all of those except Outlaw Star and Vision of Esca, I'll have to see about those.

Jose
03-20-2007, 10:11 AM
X-1999 (anime)
FLCL (anime)
cool animes anyways if i think of anything i'll pm you

kanauchiha
03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Elemental Gelade, Claymore, Hikaru no go, Rave Master, and Definentally Fruits Basket

NovaStar
03-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Just a thought.

Might I recomend a personal thread for recomendations that be stickied? I see alot of these pop up and they're all the same thing

Can you recomend me something? Can you Recomend me something? Not nitpicking, but I think it'd be very convineinet if we just had one thread that we could all go to and post things we recomend to other people in so they won't have to keep making these threads.

That being said?

X: 1999: Try S-Cry-Ed: It may not have the same storyline but I like it.

Card Captor Sakura: Try ANYTHING Magical Girl, Clamp may have started it but it most certainly is a genre and style all of it's own accord. You can find Millions of these in the Anime world. - I recomend Magic Knights Rayearth.

FLCL: I Have to Recomend Excel Saga here, Nothing will even come close to being as wacked out as FLCL was, but Excel Saga is enjoyable if you're into craziness.

Tenchi Muyo: Tenchi's something I started out with and someone already mentioned Universe, so I'll go with Yumeria here, it's kinda got the same "Harem" feel to it, but it has quite an odd twist in between

(***This may be a little too sexual for some(***)

G Gundam and Evangelion: I Recomend Checking out RahXepehon if you enjoyed these.

Hajime No Ippo: Even though It's only a Movie, I'll recomend Ayane's High Kick here. Or Battle Athelete's Victory: both have a sport theme.

Elfen Lied: Is in a class all it's own: I will however throw out a future recomendation of: When They Cry: Higurashi(Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni) Simply for it's Par of being EXTREMELY Violent.

Hope that helped.

Takki
03-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Thank you, some of these seem interesting, especially Claymore and When They Cry. Any others?

Arashiya
03-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Naruto possible?

Tenshi No Kuro
03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Death Note, it's highly addicting and you might enjoy it.

For the Card Captor/Tenchi Muyo try 'Magical Girl Pretty Sammy' Where Sasami is a magical girl =D

NovaStar
03-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Naruto possible?

-_- everyone recomends Naruto, if you are an Anime fan, in the last year, you would know exactly what Naruto is I'm not picking on Arshiya but mainstream things such as Inuyasha, Pokemon, Naruto(In the last year) and even Full Metal Alchemist, though good recomendations should really be thought of as "Has this person seen or heard of these already.

I'm not targeting Naruto, or any of the above Anime, but when you see a person has seen or heard of things like Love Hina or G Gundam and Evangelion. Then you'd probably know that they know quite abit.

Some of those are very good(like Naruto and FMA) but before chosing a default answer of Naruto or any other Mainstream title in my opinion. look at the post, if they've seen things like Gundam and Evangelion, I do believe they've seen things like Naruto or heard of them.

After seeing that post, I had to say something.

I'll PM you with more recomendations after I do some research for you - I'll try to help you as much as I can.

narian
03-24-2007, 09:20 PM
theres always mahou sensei negima, i think it would fit your tastes realy well.

Remie-chan
03-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Hmm...Well, by the looks of it it seems that your interested in shojo/non-shojo humor and some of the serious stuff as well. So, yea, I definelty recommend Death Note(manga) and since you're into Hare + Guu(I love that show) how about Excel Saga(anime)? And Cafe Kichijouji De(manga) would be excellent, too. You can check them out here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com