PDA

View Full Version : The Big Four Of Thrash

Ryth
03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
There are big thrash metal bands out there credited for inventing thrash, the question I propose today is: Which one is the best?

Your choices are:
Slayer
Megadeth
Metallica
Anthrax

Choose wisely. Personally, I pick Slayer because Metallica has songs that drag on way too long (on Master Of Puppets anyway) and are far too repetitive and uncreative in the guitar work, and are just boring. Megadeth is better than Metallica, because Mustaine is better than any guitarist Metallica has. Though the lyrics in Megadeth's song are pretty faulty and Mustaine isn't a great singer. Anthrax just isn't heavy enough for me though.

Slayer wins for being godly, any song on Reign In Blood beats like every song the other bands have.

KG442
03-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Just thought I'd bring some clarity to the other people who read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrash_Metal

I'd also like to say that the "big four" were the most POPULAR of American Thrash, not the creators of Thrash Metal, although they can be considered pioneers in the sound. As it says, Overkill created the first "Thrash" song, which can easily be noticed upon reading the release date.

I voted Megadeth for the simple reason that Mustaine's voice was good at one point, during the 80's and early 90's and that his ability to write and create well structured songs that contended with controversial and interesting issues.

MomijiTMO
03-31-2007, 01:35 AM
None! Cause I don't like Thrash.

AHAHAHA

If I had to pick one I would vote for SLAYER since there are a million SLAYER worship bands now, and I love Death covers of "Silent Scream". \m/