PDA

View Full Version : Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

kendoka7
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Who here has ever heard or read the Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad manga?
Seen the anime?
:band2:
Guitar players out there, you absolutely have to read the manga and see the anime if you ever get the chance. Truly inspirational stuff, and a damn good story.

Gjallarhorn
03-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I watched it back...whoa, was it two years already? O_o Geez, that was fast. Anyway, it was an absolutely fantastic series. The animation was perfect, without any constantly repeated frames and such. The plot was spectacular, and it really just kept me wanting more and more, and you could really get into it.
Also, the OSTs, BECK and KEITH, were amazing. It's where I first came across Typhoon24 and the Beat Crusaders, and I still don't think that the Beat Crusaders will top that sound they created in that show. The songs in the show were amazing.

I really can't say anything bad about the series. Really a must see.

I never read the manga...the art style of it didn't really appeal that much too me.

kendoka7
03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Yes, the OSTs are amazing. I agree. And there was also a CD released called Greatful Sound - Tribute to BECK. Although not music from the show, it was used a promotional soundtrack before the anime came out. Good stuff on there too.

In Germany, there were also bonus CDs released with volumes 4, 6, and 8 of the manga. In France, it was with volume 9. Great music on those as well.

I'm sorry to hear you don't like the manga. If you loved the show, and you want to see what happens after the last episode, then you should read the manga. I personally love the art and the realism that's emphasized in the series.

They're finally making an english dubbed version of the anime for the U.S. I can't wait. It's supposed to come out in June. ><

Gjallarhorn
03-15-2007, 05:13 PM
They're finally making an english dubbed version of the anime for the U.S. I can't wait. It's supposed to come out in June. ><

Yeah, I heard about that a few weeks ago. It took them long enough. Probably because it wasn't hugely popular back when it first aired. By now, it has built up some steam.
I just hope they keep the original music...

teenage werewolf
03-18-2007, 02:01 PM
nice anime. i like it.

chip322
03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
I've just started watching Beck, and it's awsome!!! They've recently stared playing the shows in english on MuchMusic.
I was wondering if anyone knows where i could download the song "follow me" that Koyuki and Maho were singing in ep.4(i believe)?

kendoka7
03-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I've just started watching Beck, and it's awsome!!! They've recently stared playing the shows in english on MuchMusic.

I'm glad you like it. It really is the most inspiring anime I've ever seen.
MuchMusic? Do you live in Canada?

I was wondering if anyone knows where i could download the song "follow me" that Koyuki and Maho were singing in ep.4(i believe)?

I would recommend buying the OSTs, since both of them have almost all of the songs from the show. But if you just want that particular song, e-mail me and I'll be glad to send it.