PDA

View Full Version : RPG: Search for Divinity

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Ωmega
07-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Isis gave out a small sigh. She knew Lithaen had a point.
"[There are means of making her talk...we just wont feed her. Any information she gives us could be useful]"

Ballah gave Synova a simple "mhmm" in response. He sat there, quietly as he watched her until something else caught his attention.

Clairen entered the palace and headed directly towards Ballah, ignoring Synova.
"Sir, several members of the Revolt hold two mircenaries from the Dark Army, as well as the andriod Murphy...they also now have Eika in thier possession."

Ballah gave a small grunt of displeasure.
"You were there and didnt kill them because...?"

"I went merly to spy on them in hopes of being lead to the Divinity, their death would have quickly followed."

Ballah sat there in silence for a moment. He was toying with the idea of continuing to follow them, or if he should just kill them all. He addressed both girls.
"Whats you opinion on the situation?"

OCC: Anything said in [ ] is in Aekalish. I did this because my translator isnt working, so this is a quick replacement for the time being. If you see anything in [ ], you cant understand it! =D

Hollow Ichigo
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Serge continued to stand bracing himself on a tree. he didnt care about the problems right now all he cared for was the uneasy feeling he had about their surrondings. He looked around and still couldnt see a thing. This person or persons was a master of the silent technique of stealth.

Ookie
07-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Eika twirled in the air just as soon as she was going to land and jumped on Murphy's shoulder and she stood there blinking. Then she suddenly streatched and yawned.

"I'm Boooooooorrred!" she squealed then slid and sat on Murphy's shoulder. Then she perked up, "SAY! Until i get rescued (If I do) and you all get killed shall we play hide and seek??!" she swung her legs,
I want to go home, they only have lolipops there and I want to play with synnie she thought.

Luzifer
08-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Nox was entering a deeper sleep... it was that pleasant time of sleep before the nightmares came and there was a complete void of thought and movement. But already his body knew what was coming, his muscles were tense and his eye lids were shut tight, trying to shut out what could not be held away. And so... ever so slowly... he began to go gently into that great night.

Jynx
08-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Synova’s eyes followed Clairen into the room quietly. The sprites that had been fluttering about her vanished quickly into the air and she adjusted herself somewhat upright.

“The android is programmed to follow the Dark Army. The two elves must have managed to confuse him in some way. As for the two betrayers, they don’t matter much to us. Neither of them could withstand against Eika, or either of us for that matter.” Synova paused, her mind already running through several scenarios and she began to sort them out.

“The only ones we should be concerned any great deal about are the elves. Naturally, being elves, they’re already more physically compatible for battle, in addition to their many years they’ve accumulated great wisdom.”

Synova slid her fingers easily through her long hair, her golden eyes coldly staring, though at nothing in particular. Synova’s expression remained blank, dead as her mind ran quickly as it had been trained to.

“I propose we leave Eika and watch the elves from a distance. If Eika is still there, it is because she chooses to be. Should we desire to speak with her, air spirits could easily deliver and take any message. At this point, I am sure this is the best option. They are going towards the Divinity, the elves know where it is and should we let them pave the way for us, all we would then have to is take it and kill them.”

As Synova spoke of the murder of the elves, her eyes glinted in the light fires their lit the room. A chilling smile slid its way across her mouth.

Ωmega
08-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Isis's eye twitched a bit from the young elf's actions.
"[Cocky little thing]...."
She stood there and looked at the girl, then diverted her attention to Lithaen
"[Should we play her stupid little game? It could be a trap to get us seperated...]"

Ballah patted Synova on the head and smiled.
"Such a good thinker..."
He gave Clairen a nod as if that was the plan and to go with it.

Clairen simply bowed and left for her own quarters. All that argivation got to her, and she needed to be alone for a bit.

OOC: just a reminder that everything in [ ] is Aekalish

Kristen
08-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Lithaen yawned for a moment, stretching and sitting upright.

“[I suppose. I’m not too fond of playing games, but if it can get us want we want—]”

Her eyes shifted to the girl for a moment from their corner, looking in her direction suspiciously and anxious.

“I wonder just how far we are going to have to go for this.. It’s been awhile yet and we are further from our goal now than when we started. How did we get into this mess to begin with..” her thoughts rolled through her mind as she looked around herself, focusing individually on each party there for but only a second.

“[Hide and seek, ugh, what did I agree to? How childish, I feel silly.]” Lithaen spoke, half annoyed, to Isis.

Ookie
08-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Eika bounced on the spot excitedly,
"Stop muttering to yourselves, lets playyy~" she squeeled, "You're never too old, -tho yeah you both are pretty old- to play hide and seek!"

She looked at Lithaen, and judging from her facial expressions and emmitting motions she was thinking about their goal to the divinity, she also sensed her annoyance to Eika, in other words to herself. This made Eika giggle,

" Grown ups are always sooo serious over nuffin!" she giggled, "don't worry, I'm not planning to kill you, or seperate you or something like that. I'll do that when the rest find me." with that she jumped to a tree and covered her eyes, "If you're playing, You hide, I'll hunt.." she grinned and turned to the three trunk,
"one... two..." and so she counted.

Luzifer
08-11-2007, 09:29 AM
"guh..." Nox grunted as he was awoken by the load squealing of Eika. He looked around at all the people and tried to determine what the hell was goning on. Finding the attempt fruitless he stood up and stretched, not really feeling refreshed from his sleep but not desiring to return to it either. He had to wonder though, why that girl had to be so ungodly loud. Her voice ruptured his ear drums.

Kristen
08-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Lithaen's eyes shifted slightly at the word "hunt". Smirking to herself, she looked back to Isis and spoke.

"[Perhaps this would be more fun than originally suggested, Isis. "Hunt" implies my type of game.]" Her voice was slick and covered in malice.

Lithaen, placing her right leg swift behind her, forced herself off the ground and into the wooded sky. Landing quietly and gently on a branch above her previous position, she watched the ground, and Eika, carefully. The corners of her mouth turned uprightly and formed a disturbing grin across her darkened face.

Jynx
08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Synova's expression hadn't changed from its familiar sickened grin as she was patted proudly by Ballah. Though her eyes narrowed slightly when Clairen had left.

"Do you suppose she's angry with me, Papa? All I had done was given my opinion." Synova's brow raised slightly, her mouth moving from grin to intentional smirk as she well knew the answer to that already.

Synova's opinions had always been considered rule, as she was next to the throne so clearly. Synova knew this and often took advantage of it within the halls, however, not intentionally with Eika or Clairen, as they were both also important to Ballah. Synova sometimes wondered, though, if the feelings she had around them were the emotion "jealousy" that people had sometimes spoke of. Having been trained to be the perfect unit, Synova held no such emotion, as it would only get in the way. Quickly shrugging off the thought, Synova shifted her body to the left-center of Ballah with her same chilling grin spread ear to ear.

"Papa, is it time for me to play, yet? I'm getting bored with terrorizing the mercenaries. I want to have fun with the betrayers."

Ωmega
08-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Isis gave Lithaen a small nod in agreement. She redirected her attention to Eika.
"So, will you be the first to hide?"

Ballah stayed quiet for a moment.
"Perhaps..."
he spoke quietly but clearly and he muddled in his own thoughts.
"You may play with the mercinary, but leave the elfs be. And do try not to be seen. Im sure you can lure him away from the group with any problems..."

Clairen sat in her room, agrivated.
"Little brats get away with a mile while the rest of us gets inches at a time..." she mumbled to herself.
'I wonder if Ballah would care if they both had "accidents"'
She chuckled to herself. Ah, how wonderful daydreams are.

Ookie
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Eika stopped counting and looked back to Isis, Lithaen was no where to be seen.

"But... But... But I want to find you" she pouted, it's no fun if I hide, you'll never find me and I'll stay there for aaaaaages. And! Since I suggested the game i think it would be all right for me to hunt first." she inclined her head, "I think Lithaen has already gone into hiding .. if you hide too it would be so much more fun! " she said again pleadingly.

She turned and looked at Nox, "Make him play!" she pointed.

Luzifer
08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Nox looked back at the little girl, somewhat chagrined, shaking his head and holding out his palms in a gesture that indicated his complete and utter lack of desire to participate. He wasn't the type to play games that were not mental. If they had been playing Ramass or some other stratedgy game he would not have minded but a mere hunting game was not his idea of fun... that was what he did for work, after all. Somewhat pessimistically he wondered to himself what refusing would really accomplish other then causing the girl to make a scene.

Kristen
08-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Lithaen snickered as she heard the small girl whine about Nox. She peeled a piece a bark from the tree she was sitting on and whipping it at Nox's head, knocking him on the forehead. Lithaen wrapped her legs around the branch she was sitting on and used them to hold herself up as she spun down, hanging upside down from her position.

"Play, Nox. Last one to be found gets to do whatever they want to her." Her ruby eyes glinted at this, a slick smile forming at the corner of her mouth.

"[We'll play how she wants us to. We can collaborate without bother while she's searching and be ready when she finally finds us. Sun Elves played a game similar to this when we were younger to enhance our stealth, I'm sure you played something like that also. It will be easy.]" She spoke calmly to Isis, keeping her tone discrete.

Jynx
08-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Synova frowned at the idea of Clairen being upset with her. Though Synova was technically incapable of caring one way or another, she still didn’t like the extra trouble being provided by her. In all honest, Synova didn’t particularly want to have to fight Clairen, especially when Ballah was so fond of her.

The winds formed at Synova’s ears, dropping the voices quietly into them.

“Eika is playing with the elves, her favorite game, and Clairen is apparently upset over my position.”

Synova sighed before quickly leaping forth and speeding from the room. Before long she was behind Clairen, tapping her on the shoulder while hovering just slightly above the ground and sighing.

“You shouldn’t leave your windows open, Clairen~. Something you wish not to could easily leak to the wrong people. Don’t be upset with me, it’d make trouble for Papa. Just be happy that he likes you at all, unlike his other subordinates.”

Synova smiled her normal chilling grin before small wind spirits appeared once more around her and formed a circulation of air for her to fly on once again. Synova leaped from the window she had first come through and launched herself from the grand halls, winding between the forests trees in the direction of the opposing group she had previously watched.

Ωmega
08-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Isis nodded to Lithaen.
["Yes, I certainly did. And I like the prize at the end of being able to do as we please with her. Though, by the look of his attitude, I doubt Nox will play to the best of his skills. I can already picture him casually walking into a cave or something and just sit there."]
Isis giggled to herself a bit.

"Alright, we hide, you find us. How long will you count for? I think 100 seconds should be fair to everyone."

She dropped down to Eika's eye level.

"Can you count that high?" she said with a smug smile.

Clairen stuck her tounge out at Synova as she left.
'Brat.'
She thought to herself for a minute and realized that this meant that both girls were gone, which also meant that Ballah and herself were alone. It wasnt long before she heard a knock on her door.

"Did I disturb you?"

"Not at all..."

"You need not worry about the two young girls, you know how my opinions flow."

Clairen gave Ballah a soft smile as he kissed her on the forehead. She closed the door as he entered her room, closed and curtained her windows, and spent some 'intimate' time with her lord.

OOC: ooo la la~

Luzifer
08-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Nox gave a half-sigh as he gently rubbed his now marked forehead, he supposed that arguing the point would get him nowhere so with a somewhat begrudging hand gesture he conceded. "As you will,"

He didn't really see much to be gained in trying though since, as a human, he would be unable to perform as well as the elves against whom he would be competeing. Sure he probably was, for a human, among the best, but when that was put against the race of elves it placed him solidly in the mediocre. Still, he supposed that it would be good practice even if the attempt at victory would prove fruitless.

Kristen
08-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Lithaen laughed slightly at Isis’ comment.

“[He should, back when he went to the Dark Army camp, something changed in him, do you remember? That person could play on par with us and save us the trouble of having to deal with her when we win by ourselves. I wonder though, what initiated the change. I suppose it is something we should discuss later. In any event, this will work to our advantage. We can keep an eye on her from all angles while still thinking and being hidden from her annoyances.]”

Lithaen turned her attention to Nox, pelting his head once again with the second small piece of bark she’d picked up.

“I expect nothing but the best from you, Mr. Mercenary.” She stated, snickering a bit. “All children play hiding games, this is no different.”

The more she spoke of the game, the more fond she became of it. Once finished, she chuckled again at Isis’ snide comment to the small girl and, swinging herself backwards, launched back into the tops of the trees. Using her left heel, she sprung from the tree she was in and landed in another across the acre, using the branch holding as footing, she crouched down once again.

ooc: *vomits @ roo*

Jynx
08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Before long, Synova had reached the Revolt’s current encampment. Synova looked onto them as they spoke, Synova’s ears picking up the conversation. Recognizing that the Revolt elves were partially speaking a different language, Synova tuned in a bit more and soon recognized it to be the dead language of the Sun Elves. Though Synova was trained to be fluent in all languages, this had been the only one not mastered, as it was long believed to be a dead one; considering that the Sun Elves had been exterminated centuries ago.

A glimmer struck Synova’s eye as she snuck forward, latching her legs onto the branches within the trees, and paying closer attention. As it seemed for the moment, Eika had convinced the elves to partake in her favorite game. Synova’s expression changed slightly, a small cynical smile crept to the left corner of her mouth. Synova knew full well that Eika didn’t play this game like anyone else, that the elves would be outdoing themselves just to stay hidden and that the humans wouldn’t be able to keep up long if at all.

Small wind sprites circled Synova’s body, ultimately preparing themselves in dull boredom for what would soon be coming.

As Synova scanned the scene, she caught eye of one of the mercenaries that had betrayed the Dark Army. Quickly, Synova’s mind scanned over the identities of the list and classified him as the C-Type Berserker “Nox” which had been a closely watched project of the Dark Army. It slightly frustrated Synova that she wouldn’t be able to partake in the game, but playing with the CTB should be almost as fun. Synova figured that Papa had kept her from playing with the elves because they wanted them alive for the time being and Synova knew that she had too much force behind her to play too gently.

Synova grinned and sent her right arm forth, the sprites that had been circling her had spun around her arm and launched to the boy Nox; the winds separating in half and coming from his sides, taking debris from the trees with them and hitting him at ten mile per hour force directly. Synova kept her slight grin while thinking to herself.

“The fun begins here and that was just a very small fraction of my abilities..” Small giggles withdrew from Synova’s throat as she waited.

Luzifer
08-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Nox sighed heavily. Why is everyone pelting me with things? Well, at least he had been right to distrust the suspicious wind earlier and now the enemy had reveal herself, at least, it sounded like a girl. He stretched and picked out the various pieces of leaf and bark that had now gotten embedded in his hair, "Alright. You'll never find me. Don't follow...spread out... easier to hide."

He hoped that would prevent people from following him while he went to deal with this problem. He didn't think they knew about it yet but acting in there ignorance might prove dangerous but he supposed that it was a gambit he had to take. The enemy was moving their rook and he would have to counter in kind.

He hefted his double-voulge onto his shoulder and walked out. Not rushed at all, for rushing into things left the mind unprepared and thus would negate his entire advantage.

Opinionated
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
OOC: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Murphy remained motionless, mostly because no consideration was given in his form to hiding. Indeed, just the oppisite: The enemy was supposed to see him. And also, in order to hide him, he'd require a cave(not feasible), a tree wider than the average for this forest, or a building(not many of those here). And to further impede the matter, he was not particularly agile and wedging himself into spaces wasn't feasible.

It wasn't that he didn't like the game(if he could do so), but simply that he couldn't play it and provide the challenge sought after by his superior. And thus, Murphy did as he typically did, and did nothing.

Kristen
08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
ooc: *I DIES*

Ωmega
08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
OOC: I was gonna wait for Ookie to post so she could start counting, buut nevermind.
And Dolly....ew

BIC:

Isis adverted her attention to Murphy.

"Murphy! You can make sure lil' miss counter doesnt cheat."

She gestured for him to keep a close eye on her, waited for Eika to turn around and count, looked to Lithaen, smiled and then headed off to hide in the same general direction as Lithaen.

"[Allright, whats the plan? Should we actually hide or try heading over to the cave of winds and try to look again?]"

OOC: I know, short post =p

Ookie
08-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Eika squeled, they were going to play her game. She spun around,
"I'ma give you a hundred seconds! Then I'll commmmee for you!" She said beaming,
"And I don't cheat! Much..." she spun around facing Murphy and closed her eyes.
"1 orks with kilts, 2 orks with kilts, 3 orks with kilts,4 orks with kilts..." her ears twitched to the slightest sound as she precisely counted each second, it was already getting boring but she was prepared to count till the end. If they tried to escape the annoying birds would tell her. Birds, she hated birds, but they seemed to like her.
Hm... how about pidgeon pie for dinner....

occ: i go away for a short while and... ew.

Kristen
08-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Lithaen’s attention remained on Eika intently, watching her closely before whispering quietly in Aekalish to Isis.

“[If you look at her, her ears are twitching. Just barely, but they’re doing it like ours do when we pick up distant sounds. She must be navigating by sound to our locations. If we go to the cave now, we’ll lead her there. Perhaps our best bet is to wait it out a little longer and try to win this game.]”

Her eyes never drifted from Eika as she slowed down and quieted her breathing. Lithaen crouched closely to the branch which she was located.

“[I suppose it’s good to look like this sometimes, it’ll be harder to find me with my dark complexion.]” She pointed out to Isis with a slight smirk on her face.

OOC: WHATTTT. YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING PEOPLE INTIMATE. CLAIREN IS A FLOOZY~!

Jynx
08-30-2007, 09:58 AM
OOC: I’d like to note, Breaeden, that you couldn’t tell the gender of my character. As she wasn’t speaking out loud, nor could she be seen, you wouldn’t have known it was a female or male at any point just yet.

Synova giggled to herself mischievously from her position held back within the trees. Synova’s eyes glanced at the elves, now placed in the trees themselves as apart of Eika’s game, with a glare. Synova had been slightly frustrated that she couldn’t be apart of the game just yet, but she knew full well that Ballah had bigger plans for her.

With this, Synova slinked among the tree tops with the utmost care as to not make a sound. Not wanting to leave Eika unprepared, she sent a message with one of the smaller wind sprites and sent it quietly to Eika’s ear, informing her that Synova was there only to handle the mercenaries, per request of Ballah, and that the elves were to be kept alive at this point in time.

Synova followed the CTB “Nox” carefully, watching him as he moved so boringly, she paused momentarily and with the flick of Synova’s right arm, sent a thrashing gust in his direction; the wind forming tall columns and cutting through the forest with the sharp edges of its build. Synova snickered; she allowed this trap to be easily avoidable as due to the sharpness of the wind, debris would fall from the forest areas that were cut by it and thusly causing more of a problem than the simple attack would have.

Luzifer
08-30-2007, 10:28 AM
OOC: Oh sorry. Oh and please call me Luzy or Louis whichever

Heh... (s)he was copying his style! He moved out of the range of the attack and behind another tree. He could tell a open attack when he saw one. That was just to try and get him off balance and to inhibit him with debris. He sighed... why was he fighting another opponent who used the wind against him? Was this some sort of perversion of fate? Either way he would abide by the hand off fate. Now he had to focus on how to live. Just like before he was at a disadvantage. His opponent had ranged attacks that (s)he could use at whim and though he knew his/her location at the time of her attacks she had probably since moved on and so using that as a deduction from which to base further action would only end in pain. Further, he didn't have the aid of darkness as he had had before. But he wasn't to scared. He had no reason to fear death! He smiled to himself and said his motto, "Today is a good day to die..."

He jumped into the tree and moved through the branches. His opponent would probably be using the trees as her sniping location and the tree limbs would at least take some of the edge of her attacks, slowing them down enough to dodge. Besides, he felt comfortable walking on trees. Though he was used to running on trunks more than branches.

Now, review mission objectives: Pacify enemy (keeping him/her alive if possible, especially if she was female...he always felt sick when he almost killed women and he didn't want to know how he would feel if he did). Prevent the fight from being detected by the elves (this should be relatively easy since he doubt his opponent wanted them involved. Otherwise he/she would have attacked them all at once when she had the chance.)

Ωmega
08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
OOC: But Clairen didnt VOMIT on me [XD]

BIC:

"[Youve got a point there...we dont need them finding where that child is.]"

Isis looked herself over and realized she looke like a ghost and painfully stuck out in the shadows. She jumped up in a nearby tree and tried to hide herself amounst the blossoms.

Clairen woke up and saw that Ballah still remained alseep. She smiled to herself and lightly kissed his cheek. She loved this man so much that she would give up her life for him in a heart beat. She never questioned his feeling for her, true he treated her all the same in front of others, but alone he was so much sweeter and kind to her. She wondered...if maybe she should tell him...

OOC: oooo, I wonder what she needs to tell him!

Kristen
08-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Lithaen snickered a little as Isis had gotten the hint that she wasn't very hidden. She remained crouched, though kept her left hand on the hilt of her dagger, steadily waiting for the count to end. The silence made her uneasy, though in all fact, there was no silence at all. She could hear Eika counting, hear the breathing of those around her, the animals of the forest and the forests natural sounds. For awhile now, however, people had been speaking almost constantly and now that there was none- Lithaen felt annoyed by it. Of course, this couldn't be helped and she knew she would regain her normal composure shortly enough. In the mean time, she maintained the normal activity of her body, keeping her breathing to minimal and her vitals low.

OOC: "IM YO BABY DADDEH!!!"

Jynx
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Synova snickered as she had predicted his movement quick enough that a black lash wind had been sweeping behind him by the time he’d adjusted. The wind split itself in half and whipped at him from both sides.

Synova dropped down from her position within the trees, the tip of the sword Synova carried hit the ground lightly as she landed; her near ankle length hair slowly dropping down and settling, her arms crossed over each other in boredom. Synova tilted her head to the left and smiled at him, her smile as cold and chilling as ever as her eyes gleamed with the thoughts of a painful death running through Synova’s mind. A giggled escaped from her throat at this ideal of a completely human ridden world.

Synova glanced up at the sky and the placement of the sun, the sun now hanging just past it’s center, Synova’s gaze turned back to the boy and she spoke, her voice coated in a fearful tone.

“Good afternoon, .. “Nox” is it? You aren’t doing as poorly as we had hoped. Answer me something; did the elves take you in, or did you crawl on your knees begging your superiors to protect you?”

A smirk reformed at the left corner of her mouth, baring her teeth from the opening of her lips in an almost psychotic manner. Standing tall, legs partially parted and arms crossed, Synova’s eyes laid golden and calm, though staring at “Nox” without exception. They remained partially open, her expression pulling together as a cold one, smeared with pure malice.

Luzifer
08-30-2007, 06:32 PM
"Ironic..." Nox said looking across to her, having fallen out of the tree with the wind but easily landing on his hands and feet. "You know... your the only one who agrees with me...that mankind is inferior." It truly was ironic, he had met so many elves by this point but they had all acted like there wasn't some difference between them, they had acted like they were his equal. The condescension in her voice was almost refreashing. But that didn't by any means make him lower his guard. Rather, he was thinking all the while, running through the most logical of actions she could take at any moment.

He looked into her eyes, his dead, blood-water eyes staring into her malice without disgust or offence at her actions. He really didn't let such thing bother him. His stoic streak was breaking through in his stone hewed face, like it had been worn from granite and giving his bearing a world-weariness that out did his years by eons.

"But as for elves. They hired me... after your Army betrayed me for no reason...I was a free mercenary again... thats all there is to it." perhaps that was a bit of an over simplification but it suited him just fine.

Ookie
08-31-2007, 05:58 AM
ooc: Maru.. o__________0;;;;

"AND a 100 orks with kilts!" she said, "Ready or noooot here I come!" with that she spun around her weapon twirling above her head, one mistake and it would have had her head off, but Eika had trained with the blade since she was born, and it was an extention of her arm to her.

Her ears twitched she could tell vaguely where they were, but as soon as she thought that the sound faded even more. She concluded that they knew her plan, She giggled, that just made it even more fun. A sudden sound was heard to her left and she whipped around with her weapon. The blade sliced clean through the tree trunk and the tree trunk fell to the ground with a thud. She went to inspect the area. A fox lay bleeding on the ground, it's head cleanly sliced in half.

"Oopsie, Sorry Mr.Fox. I thought you were someone eeeelse!" With that she skipped away, "I'm coooooming!" the blade in her hand dripped drops of blood behind her.

Jynx
08-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Synova smiled chillingly at his remark.

“Do not misunderstand, CTB “Nox”. Elves are inferior as well. When you get to the base of it, all species are inferior to me, regardless of who they are. The Sun Elf may be close to being on my level as well as the other elf, but only because that other elf has been around the Sun Elf for what we guess is quite the while.”

Synova tilted her head to the other side, her arms remaining crossed. Synova looked over his expression and grinned all the more. Seeing someone so fraught with negativity made her quite happy, as without reason to live, his fight would be less. Though, at the same time, it made her slightly unhappy as she had hoped for a fun battle. Regardless, Synova shrugged to herself.

“Hired you? Is that so.. How much have they paid you, or haven’t they?” Synova’s left eyebrow raised in inquisition, a smirk flashing from her mouth.

“The Dark Army has no loyalties but to that of itself. You, a hired mercenary, have no right to those loyalties. That being so, I should inform you that the only loyalty anyone really gets from the Dark Army is that of themselves. You were aware of this upon entering it; do not act so surprised and wounded.”

With a slight adjustment of the index finger from Synova’s left hand, two spontaneous blasts of wind sped at Nox. Synova’s eyes glancing to them just before they would make contact.

Kristen
08-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Lithaen blinked, now better understanding the “game” Eika had planned for them. Her eyes shifted to Isis and she gave a nod to her, mouthing Aekalish.

“[[If we stay in the positions we’re in, she will find us eventually. We should continuously move without being heard.]]”

With this, Lithaen changed her position into a crouching one; her knees up against her sides, her arms on the branch beneath her between her legs in the position of what a frog would look like. She quickly shot herself upward, springing off the heel of her left leg. The force she emitted was enough to push her just above the tree tops, she somersaulted in order to ease her landing, gently landing in the utmost top of another tree quite some distance away. The initial landing made a slight noise, but just barely enough to be heard. Lithaen winced as if the noise was a loud scraping in her ears and quickly pressed herself once more against a separate branch in order to distance herself from where Eika may attack had she heard the sound.

Her hand unconsciously holding onto the hilt of her left dagger all the while, she remained silent, reorganizing her breathing pattern into the familiar slow, unheard pattern.

Luzifer
08-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Just before the blow hit Nox put up his gauntlet. His feet bit into the ground but then he put the full might of his gauntleted arm into pushing the force aside and managed to. "I'm...not...really...offended or...anything." he said slowly and methodically as always... "But...you can't blame...me... for being here... when you attack me...so don't attack... like I'm...stupid." his face was blank and empty. He began pushing thoughts into his subconscious... answers began hitting his head... but for now he made no move... A true winner a Ramass won by reacting not by taking the prerogative. He just had to be patient and his opportunity would come.

"Eh... Its on... I.O.U.s... for now... but... I am indebted... so its not... a big deal." he said. He was really beginning to be amused by how she thought she knew him and an amused smirk began to cross his face. Judge only yourself or ye shall know sin. He didn't think bad of her for think she knew him, thinking bad of someone personally was not something Nox did. But in this case she was wrong...

Kristen
09-01-2007, 12:21 PM
OOC: it's my paaarty and I'll spam if I waaant to.

Roo~ We needta work, homie!

Jynx
09-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Synova smiled, her hands dropping onto her hips as she adjusted weight from one foot to the next.

Synova then chuckled heavily at him.

"Goodness. Attack you? Are you really so naive? I'm doing nothing of the sort. Were I to attack you, you'd already be dead. You, my dear by-product, are a game to appease me for the current time while sweet Eika rids us of an elf infestation."

With the slight movement of her right hand, four large gusts compounded into the place he was standing. The winds evened and thinned, forming what would be four large blades that crashed into him.

"I.O.U's, really? You realize that because they are elves, they will not recognize they owe you anything. Elves are like that, no matter what they say, they always think.. and know they're better than you."

Four more blade winds crashed down from various angles.

"We've seen you taken a liking to the Sun Elf. It was a mistake on behalf of the Dark Army; we swore we destroyed them all but apparently that one escaped. It's a shame that you like her--- Considering she won't be alive after we get what we need. If she lives up to her stubborn heritage, it may be even sooner."

A slick smile spread across Synova's face as she had recollections of the Sun Elven massacre, with another movement of her hand, four additional blade winds crushed down.

Luzifer
09-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Nox smirked... he dived between the space between the first wave of winds, the advantage of such attacks was that to focus their force to a measure that would actually the necessitated a razor edge... and that was easy to dodge. The next four he batted aside with a spin of his gauntlet and then used his double-voulge to block the next group. He sighed... "Who said I like her? I will only love Ami!"

Suddenly his eyes lost focus, "Who's Ami?" he held his head... He knew that name... but it was so deep in him that he couldn't force it out... what was it? Was there something he was forgetting? Something important? Something to do with his Original Sin? Damn it!

He refocused himself... focusing his thoughts at the task at hand... "Whatever... I don't care... as long... as I can... be redeemed... my death means little" he clutched his voulge and shifted his arm in his gauntlet... he wasn't about to loose yet... not by a long shot.

Ωmega
09-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I ish online chica ;D [lets get ta workin']

BIC:

Isis's jaw dropped as she saw what Eika had in mind in terms of playing. She nodded to Lithaen and went a different way, though slowly and quietly. She moved through the tree the best she could, knowing full well that any swift actions would give away her position.

'Damn, maybe I should just stay in place...'

Finally awake, Ballah looked over to Clairen and smiled.
"You look troubled"

Clairen let out a deep sigh.
"Ive been carrying a burden...and I fear that if you knew, you would hate me or find me useless..."

He held her tightly and kissed her, reassuring her that her fears werent true.

"...Im with child."
Her eyes clearly displayed fear, though a second kiss calmed her.

He smiled again and brushed some hair from her face.
"Im glad."

Ookie
09-02-2007, 05:36 AM
Eika twirled around, looking for clues to their whereabouts. She suddenly stopped as her ears picked up a faint 'snap' in the vicinity. She giggled softly and before you could blink an eye she had dissapeared hidden among the trees heading towards the sound, branches fell as she passed , being sliced out of the way by her weapon. She loved that weapon, it was by far better then any bow and arrow, and with poison rubbed along the blade, a scratch could paralyze you. But Eika had thought of that, and the flask of poison in her pocket remained untouched.

Her opponenets were elves, what was the fun of catching a paralyzed one? She wanted them alive and kicking. Plus they had fed her, she wasn't planning on letting them die till Ballah gave her the order. Upon arrived from where she heard the sound she was delighted to find out her opponent was smart enough to escape.

"The fun has just begun!" she giggled, a crazy smile on her face.

Kristen
09-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Lithaen gazed upward, looking at Eika's feet in silence.

"She's fast." She thought to herself.

At that moment, she scanned the vacinity for Isis and found her only a short distance from her original position. However, at this time that seemed to be enough.

Lithaen slowly chipped off a small piece of bark from the tree below her and threw it to the North-West, the piece beaming into the pond with a mildly loud splash.

Jynx
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Synova laughed outright at this point.

"You really are naive and ignorant. There is a difference between "liking" and "loving" someone, other than "love" doesn't truly exist, you can like someone without wanting to be intimate. I like my Papa, he raised me as his prodigy daughter and the only successor to the Dark Army. But never would I want intimacy with him. -- Do you understand now?"

"What a fool. It's no wonder Papa hasn't much cared for his whereabouts. What a shame for him." Synova smiled at him while thinking so.

"You've done a good job thus far of dodging my plays with you."

Synova's body disappeared before the blink of an eye, her words lingering in the air as she had moved faster than the sound could create waves. Immediately, she was at Nox's face, her right hand gripped tightly around his neck.

"But dodge this."

A heavy force of wind, gathered from the trails of her speed, quickly burst from her hand into his throat as she pushed forward, launching him. The entire time of her actions, speaking or not, giggles eerily filled the air.

Luzifer
09-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Nox hurtled through the air and skidded sharply along the ground. Time seemed to slow for him and he thought. Time stopped utterly and he thought. He hadn't understood a word of which she had said it was all some sort of dreck about "like" and "love"... he couldn't bring himself to care enough to figure that out. What future was there in such awful thoughts? None... there was no future left to him but this traveling life. And he realized his error... why was he staying with these people? That wasn't who he was... he was a traveller, a wanderer... Time moved forward again.

He regainned enough control to land on his feet and then skid to a halt before he hit a tree but he was bruised and bleeding... and he thought he might have broken a rib. He gently stood back up... tapped the blade of his double voulge against the ground... and looked at the sky... he no longer really cared what was going on... he was too lost in thought... this girl was...inconsequential.

Besides, she was only doing this for fun... he wouldn't give her the honor of seeing him try.

Jynx
09-02-2007, 03:50 PM
It was only a moment before a grin slid across Synova's face. Synova was impressed at her handywork, though it not even a quarter of her real estimated strength.

"I know that people say that it isn't as fun when no one plays with you, but they're liars. Regardless of whether you fight back or not, I will still have fun mangling your body until you're begging for death. I also understand that C-Type Berserkers don't care one way or another about life or death--" Synova paused, raising and eyebrow "--that's just the severity of the situation you're in."

By the end of her sentence, a force of wind had burst through the trunk of the tree behind him. The force shattered the tree into shards which pushed through to Nox's back.

The giggles that haunted the air grew louder as wind sprites formed around Synova, gracefully circling her body and the air surrounding it.

Luzifer
09-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Nox was forced forward as he was impaled by the stakes of the tree, huge shards of wood bursting through his chest... blood coating them his lung pierced... blood flowing in to his mouth... he coughed blood across the ground but he did not bend he just remained standing and stared at the sky... "I wonder..." he muttered to himself about something only he was aware...

Nox was confused... not about the blood or the likelihood that his own death would come soon, those were thoughts that flowed of his back like water would a ducks. No. Other thoughts assailed his mind. Why was he even bothering? Why hadn't he dodge? Why should he have dodge? He could very easily have if he had wanted to but the desire had never struck him. He had let himself be pierced by these stacks which were now red with his blood. Who was he kidding? He could never be redeemed for what he had done... such a thing was beyond forgiveness of even the most generous of saints. It was sad really. His mind was brilliant but his soul was dim. He without both in balance the former was rendered moot. He couldn't see the reason for anything and thus could not act. He sat down gently on the ground, leaning back as far as he could without putting weight on the stakes which stuck out of his back. Why did he go on living? What was there to be gained from this life... suddenly his neck burned like all the fires of hell. and he screamed. He clutched at his neck beneath the scarf which hid it from sight, "It burns, it burns!!!" Why was that thing burning now? Why? Did she want him to suffer more? BY ALL THE PITS OF FIRE, IT BURNED!!

Jynx
09-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Synova blinked for a moment, tilting her head and watching Nox intently. A small wind sprite reached Synova's mouth; she whispered a short message and sent it off to the ears of Ballah.

In the mean time, Synova took a step forward and crouched, her knees bending to her chest, she propped one elbow on her knee and held her chin in hand.

"What a suitable end to a filthy off-breed berserker." Synova's voice was light and carried a pleasant tune as she gazed on with a full smile.

Later, within the outside halls of the grand entrance, the small wind sprite searched for Ballah. Finding him quickly, it delivered the message quietly into his ear and awaited response.

Luzifer
09-02-2007, 10:25 PM
"heh....funny" Nox muttered as he stood up... he was bleeding but she wasn't about to let him die until he'd suffered enough. "very funny...indeed" spat some blood from his mouth and leaning against his voulge... "for a second there...it sounded... like I was...dead."

Kristen
09-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Lithaen's ears twitched slightly as she heard a familiar voice within the distance that she hadn't noticed until just now due to being preoccupied with staying awake from her hunter. Listening more intently for the moment, she noticed another voice she wasn't accustomed to and her brow raised.

She took a moment to look around, scanning the depths of the area and pointing out the members that had began to tag along with them.

"Murphy.. Isis.. -- Where's Nox?" She thought, quietly keeping her breathing paced though she was slightly nervous now.

"He's a human, he didn't want to play this game so why would he hide so well.." Her mind rolled over more.

Checking above her quickly to make sure Eika was still there and not looking, Lithaen quickly withdrew an arrow from her quiver silently and carefully. Using the arrow head as a reflector, she caught a small glimpse of light upon it and flashed it at Isis, hoping she would understand the importance of the small object before she quickly put the arrow away and began to listen for the voices once more.

Ωmega
09-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Isis saw a flicker of light in Lithaen's general direction.

'Somethings wrong...'

She looked, Eika was close, but not too close that Lithaen couldnt handle herself. She looked over to Murphy, who was still standing in his usual place. She looked around again and found that she couldnt find Nox. Was he hiding?

Her ears perked when she heard his voice. She silently plucked a few blossoms from the tree she sat in and let them fall, as a sign to Lithaen that she got her message.

Ballah dressed himself and sat back down next to Clairen.
"Im sure Synova will be upset to hear about this...she may even try something. I would try to hide it from her, but eventually it will show. You know theres really only one thing to do."

Clairen looked down. In her mind, he was going to have her get rid of it ro send her away. She didnt want either to happen.

"Be my bride."

She looked at him with shock. She never thought he would ask her, or even let their relationship become public. She sat there speechless.

"I know you would loose your freedom, but it would make me a happy man, and would insure[ensure?] our childs safety. Think it over."
He stood, and left the room. He was halfway down the hall when a small air sprite came and whispered him a message. His face remained emotionless and he continued to his throne room.

OOC: Whats the message Jynx? PM me if its a private one =]

OOC pt2: awwwww, a wedding <3

Kristen
09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Lithaen took note. She wondered if Isis had picked up the voice of Nox also. But at this point, she was too close to Eika to do anything about it and she worried for Isis if she left her alone with Eika. From this point, there was nothing to do but wait until Eika followed the sound of the splash.

Jynx
09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Synova smiled upwards delightedly at him from her crouched position still.

"Oh, fun. You still have some kick left. I was hoping that you'd live up to the Berserker name, looks like you may afterall. From my knowledge, if you torture them enough, the Berserker mind takes control after a certain point. Torture is my favorite thing.."

With a movement of her free hand, a force of wind impaled his back, forcing out the stakes of wood and allowing them to hover. With another back movement, the stakes were pushed by wind and plunged into his sides.

"I wonder exactly what your limit is." Synova exchanged which hand was holding her resting chin and smiled once again in her familiar chilling manner.

Luzifer
09-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Nox smiled and began slowly, to chuckle despite the pain, he was loosing blood, but it seemed to drain from his body at a slower rate than it ought, as though it were attempting to stay within him with some greater affinity than was natural. He laughed because she didn't understand. There was nothing she could do to him, no misery she couldn't inflict which wasn't dwarfed by the anguish he felt in his mind every second of everyday. He took a step toward her, reaching out and laying his gauntlet hand on her wrist. He then flexed his arm hard, just soft enough that it would not break her wrist but only barely, it would take only the slightest bit more force on his part to crack it...

Suddenly, an Idea struck him, "Want to...make a bet? Because...i don't think...your as good...at torture... as you....profess"

Ookie
09-04-2007, 05:24 AM
Eika's ears twitched, but hewr eyes were distracted to the opposite direction of the sound. To her right she had caught the sight of a faint flash of light but to her left she heard the sound of wind, it was familliar. She automatically thought of Synova.
"Synnie!" she giggled and momentaraly forgetting about the game she head of towards thge direction of the wind.

Yet again she was distracted, further away from where she stood she saw flowers fall in an unatural way to the ground, she was confused, should she go greet Synnie or investigate? She chose the second option, it could have been one of the elves hiding, they could have easily accidently nudged the flowers. She zoomed forwards throwing her weapon hand back and letting the weapon fly to the location of the tree, cutting the trunk right off. She zoomed in to check on the damage. If she had struck there would be some of the elf's hair, or head. But she wasn't seeking to kill them untill she recieved the order.

OOC: She got the wrong tree Roo =p

Kristen
09-04-2007, 07:39 AM
"Synnie..?" Lithaen thought for a moment before covering her mouth when she saw Eika move towards Isis. She must have spotted Isis' signal. Her eyes narrowed as she looked closely, watching Eika shatter the tree. Not seeing any blood or hearing any noises from Isis just yet, Lithaen felt slightly relieved, but waited just in case.

Now was her chance to move but Lithaen was extremely hesistant. Seeing how relentless Eika was and irrational, she didn't want to leave the soft-hearted Isis with her alone, though she knew she could take care of herself, she worried that Isis would take pity on her because she was just a child. Lithaen stayed crouched for the time being, watching the events unfold intently. Though her ears twitched while listening to the quiet conversation between what she thought was Nox and someone else she couldn't recognize.

Jynx
09-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Synova raised an eyebrow at him as he took hold of her wrist, she looked down at it and noticed he was obviously trying hard to bestow a bit of pain to her, but Synova did nothing but look back up to him and smile again.

Synova giggled slightly before flipping herself, her legs went under her and over her head as her body spun, his grip on her wrist releasing. Landing on her feet, Synova leaned closely to him, her mouth directly to his ear as Synova spoke quietly with an uplifted voice.

"I am created from things you couldn't even imagine, little one."

Again, Synova did a backwards flip. In doing so, the tips of both her feet, powered by the force of wind, hit individually against Nox's jaw. Synova landed a few feet back from their previous position, elegantly on her feet, arms crossed with a pleased look upon her face. Synova's golden eyes shimmering within the morning light.

Luzifer
09-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Nox spat some blood and smiled, "oh? Well, then you'd think you'd be somewhat compatent! Not the feckless little coward that won't even take a mere bet." Come on... come on... "honestly...its a shame... Ballah doesn't deserve such pathetic servants...he deserves better." he grinned to himself... "maybe a tactician...like me!"

Jynx
09-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Synova laughed enthusiastically, her hand out waving to the side, the other on her hip.

"If I'm so pathetic and unworthy, he wouldn't have created me. Not only this, but he wouldn't have then spent over one hundred years modeling me into the perfect life form. I am the prodigy daughter and sole successor to the Dark Army and its throne."

Synova leaned forward slightly with her familiar smile, as if she were going to tell a secret, her voice quieted.

"And don't you think that if you were as great as you are trying to elude me into believing, that Papa would have kept you, rather than cast you out? He didn't even find you worth being exterminated, little one. I asked for this so that I may injure those elves in just one more way."

Synova straightened her position, her head tilted and both hands on her waist.

“Do you honestly think me such the fool that I would buy into your plays? Really, I didn’t think you were that stupid until this point. I suppose that I overestimated your worth after all.”

Luzifer
09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Nox moved quickly and stepped towards her with hitherto unseen speed, he had really been trying before but now he felt like downing something. Her hands were on her waist and her guard was down just long enough for him to wrap steel-sheathed fingers to her neck and push her to the ground. He pinned her arms to the ground with his knees and closing his hand choked off her wind pipe, "Nothing I do is as it seems... everything I do has an ulterior purpose... you missed one."

Jynx
09-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Synova smiled at him still, mouthing the words that were heard from behind him. Synova's voice blatantly mocking him.

"I'm sure that can be said for everyone."

Just at that moment, something tapped Nox's shoulder. Synova leaned over him and looked at the figure that he had pinned.

"That seems silly.. Choking something that doesn't breathe." As Synova had spoken so, the body under him shattered into pieces from the neck out.

Synova quickly manipulated the air surrounding her right arm, her hand in a clawed form; she impaled her hand through Nox's left lung. Synova used the air she began to circulate as a vacuum when she tore her hand back out of his body, drawing out the surrounding area of the lung and its blood with her hand. Synova then pushed Nox down from the neck with the heel of her foot into the melting ice pieces that lay below him.

"Let me tell you again. I am Synova, the prodigy daughter and sole successor of the Dark Army and its throne. Genetically superior to anything in existence, save to one; that is not you."

Synova's hand oozed with blood, she shook it a little, raising her brow at it with a smile. Synova’s left hand was held outward, from within the air and surrounding forest, water droplets formed into an orb. The orb circled her right hand, cleansing it of Nox’s blood. The orb, now red with blood, dropped to the ground and soaked the earth.

“Do you understand now, little one? I am not an elf, human, orc, nor nymph alike. I am the epitome of science; a genetic transfusion created by two nymph persons into a previously cultivated elf body.”

Synova stepped backwards, looking downward at Nox, her expression now serious and dead.

“You cannot win.”

Luzifer
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Nox stood, slowly but surely, "heh... " he wobbled slightly on his feet but barely able to breath, "I'm...not...gonna... die... that... easily! Why...do...you...want...to...see...my...sin?" he remained standing despite the difficulty and looked her in the eye.

Ωmega
09-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Isis's heart practically stopped when she saw Eika take down the tree right next to hers. In her mind she was thanking the Gods that the wind carried the flowers a bit.

'Synnie, huh...guess theres another one. That must be where Nox is.'

Ballah thought everything over in his head. He summoned one of his guards and gave him orders to bring back both girls for important information. He decided to tell them both about his plans with Clairen. Their reactions would determine what he would do with the two of them.

Kristen
09-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Lithaen dropped to the forest floor from her crouched position, picking up a solid heavy rock and simultaneously hitting Eika with it while changing her location to five feet north-west of her previous position.

Lithaen ducked herself close against the tree she leaned against, her hands laying tightly upon the hilts of her daggers and her ears perk in the instance that Eika would have spotted her. She focused on her breathing, keeping it silent and calm all the while.

Jynx
09-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Synova smiled at his struggles.

"I said that it would be fun to kill you no matter what you did, but it would be more fun for me to kill a C-Type Berserker. Not to mention the data we would gather on you could help our cause immensely as your type would then be useful for once."

Synova sighed slightly, summoning a wind sprite to her side. The wind sprite floated forward, circling about Nox's body some, giggling at him.

"I wonder how long you can hold out with one lung before your better half takes its turn.."

At that, tens upon tens of wind sprites formed in the air. All of them giggled as they hovered and circled about, winds building slowly. It was then that Synova noticed that Efiel, the small sprite she'd send to Ballah, hadn't returned. Taking note of it, her attention refocused to the situation at hand.

Luzifer
09-04-2007, 12:02 PM
"Your...wasting your time... I can endure...anything... I have endured...worse...then you...can...imagine" Nox stood there, proudly, not allowing himself to be bowed even in the face of death... He maintained his dignity. That was all that could be asked of anyone. "You're wrong... I'm...unique... I may...exihibit...tendencies...of this...C-type berserker... thing... but I am...not...one... My ability...is one...of a kind."

Ωmega
09-04-2007, 02:36 PM
The guard found his way to both girls, following the air sprite Synova had aparently sent to hid lord. He found both girls, along with Murphy and a boy who was a complete and bloody mess. He gave both girls a small bow and spoke slowly and clearly.

"Lord Ballah has an announcment he wishes to make. He requests your presence now. He also asked me to tell you to leave any business you have for later."

He gestured for them to follow him, as hed be their escort back to the
palace.

Clairen dressed herself and walked to the throne room, her answer in mind. Once his eyes met hers, she simply gave him a nod, answering his proposal. She felt her heart flutter as he smiled back at her, seeming happy at her response. She gave a small bow of respect and went back to her room for more rest.

Jynx
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Synova smiled at his words, the sprites stopped movement.

A moment too soon, Synova spotted Eifiel and an imperial guard following her. Synova grumbled to herself.

"This is not what I wanted, Efiel."

Synova turned her attention to the speaking guard, knowing what he was saying already, she rolled her eyes and looked back to the boy.

"You're lucky that your naivety didn't claim your life this time. Though next time we meet, I assure you, you won't be with such luck."

The sprites that filled the air, save for Efiel, dispersed as Synova leapt into the tree tops. Trotting from one branch to the next, Synova spotted the Sun Elf and came to a grinding halt. Her golden eyes flashed as she gazed upon the elf, her eyes narrowing deadly.

Efiel tugged on Synova's sleeve and spoke in her small voice.

"Nova, Ballah commanded us to leave the battlegrounds. We must go."

Synova's eyes remained dormant on the Sun Elf, never changing nor blinking though she spoke.

"What did I tell you about referring to my original name. Papa added the "Syn" as a conjecture. Besides, it isn't as though Papa would do anything against me. He tried to exterminate them, didn't he? This is one that escaped."

Efiel did nothing that moment but frown in worry of Synova, having heard the conversation between Clairen and Ballah, she knew what awaited Synova and contemplated forwarning her.

Luzifer
09-04-2007, 04:11 PM
As Synova, or Nova or whatever her actually name was, Nox, in one last gesture of defiance spat a mass of blood at her. It land smack on her hair. He leaned against his double-voulge his own blood running all across its length. "Go back...slave... Those...weak in will... don't deserve... existence." He forced himself to stand up to his full height as he watched her stand their looking into the brush.

Kristen
09-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Lithaen noticed the voices had stopped and jerked to the side when she noticed from the corner of her eye that the girl who was speaking to Nox now stood above her. She stared blankly at Lithaen and it made her slightly uneasy to see such a face.

Lithaen remained quiet as the girl spoke with an air spirit. Lithaen knew that it was possible for air spirits to compound into solidified formations, but she had never seen it before, much less a conversing one. She bit the bottom of her lip as she contemplated her way out of this situation. Lithaen hadn't seen this girl before so she didn't know her techniques or personality, Lithaen didn't particularly want to fight under those circumstances, but if that is what came to be, then it couldn't be helped.

From what Lithaen gathered, the girl referred to Ballah as "papa". But Lithaen was unaware as to if Ballah had any children, she hadn't seen or encountered any in her many years and thusly figured he didn't, but as it appeared, she was wrong. She also gathered that the girls name was "Nova" with "Syn" somewhere in it, though she wasn't sure.

At this point, Lithaen was hoping that the girl would listen to the air sprite and leave. That would allow her and Isis to go check on Nox, as she was getting slightly worried.

Opinionated
09-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Murphy heard the orders, and began to follow them. He oriented himself in the direction the castle and began to decrease that distance. He began in his usual clattering step, gradually quickening his pace. He passed Nox, who he paid no mind to. He passed under Synova and guard, heedless of them.

Eventually, as he came out of the forest, he went into his highest speed, a run with a clockwork grace to it. His legs pumped faster than a human's, but metal was more durable than flesh. And being metal, he could keep this run for longer than one of flesh and blood and sweat.

But he was not all metal. Deep within his armor were the bones of a man who'd been made to forget. A blank slate made blank by forceful erasure. And mounted above his shoulders were the neck and head of that man, but gray with death and enclosed by more metal.

Jynx
09-04-2007, 04:58 PM
OOC: Uh.. "Luzy", Synova was already far enough away at that point that A) She couldn't be spit on and B) Efiel couldn't be heard by you. Synova, Eika and the others weren't anywhere near each other the entire time. Hence why Synova took the trees as leave.

Synova stood, watching the elf and taking delight in her being unsettled. Synova began to raise her hand as Efiel fled down to it and pushed it back into place.

"Synova, don't. Ballah would be displeased that you didn't listen to him." Hesitating, Efiel spoke in a blurt. "Ballah wants Clairen to marry him and spoke of a child!!" Efiel covered her mouth and hid behind Synova's left shoulder.

With this Synova paused, her eyes slowly following to Efiel who was now next to her head. The gold of her eyes dulled and her hand placed back to her side, her expression became completely void of anything.

A moment later, Synova looked back to the elf and then turned away into the direction of Eika.

"Eiiiikaaaa~" Synova shouted childishly, brushing herself off and quietly spoke to Efiel.

"That is what he wanted to tell us, so Eika wouldn't know of it. She may be happy for Clairen and Papa, so I won't tell her." Synova's voice was dead and cold to Efiel as Efiel looked on with slight worry.

"Eikaaa~"

Synova halted next to Eika who was currently preoccupied with hunting.

"Eika, our presence is requested to Papa. He says we must hurry and leave these as they are." Synova's voice was uplifted and what would sound to be "happy" if she could feel it, to Eika.

Luzifer
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
OOC: okay loose the hearing part but at one point she turned her back on him and was at that point within range... unfortunately due to limitations within time lengths and posting rotation Nox's actions occur within the time frame of your post and not after. Common posting ettiquette, at least at I have seen it, allows actions to be performed during a post which immediately anteceding your own as long as it does not prevent the latter actions within the post from occuring and thus God-modding. Ergo, it suffices.

Kristen
09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Though barely understandable to Lithaen due to the high pitch and air of the small air sprites voice, she picked out the words "Ballah", "marry" and "child". But these could be in any order, she didn't put it past Ballah to marry a young girl to ensure the survival of his genes. At that moment, however, Lithaen let out a slight sigh as the girl passed her.

"That look was strange.. It was as though he didn't feel anything at all. I suppose they're leaving, once they do I can get Isis and move." Lithaen thought.

She watched the girls intently, waiting for the instant that they moved away, though through this her hands never left the hilts of her daggers.

She glanced away for a moment, watching Murphy leave. Lithaen wondered if he was going where the girls were and exactly where that was. But at the moment, she remained focused on the girls, ever-watching of their movements and listening.

Jynx
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
OOC: That's all true and well, but you need to specify when these things happen. If he did it as she turned after she said her last phrase directly to him, that's legitimate. But that also needs to be stated. Just be more detailed in the future and you'll be fine. =)

Luzifer
09-04-2007, 05:53 PM
OOC: eh... fair enough

Nox sighed deeply. Now that she was gone... he could rest. Promptly his knees gave out and he collapsed. He lay on his hand and knees coughing blood. He swore to himself, he wasn't going to let himself lose next time... Next time... he would try... and next time... he would stand victorious. If he lived that long, he thought with a vague fatalistic smirk. He had to... he had to... get back to... camp. Slowly and painfully, he pushed himself into a half-crouch, unable to muster the strength to stand, and crawled, as best he could, back towards camp.

Ookie
09-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Eika paused,
"But.. But.. i'm in a middle of a game...." she pouted, then she sighed, if she didn't go she would be punished bady, and Eika didn't think she could survive without any more apple flavoured candy.
"M'kay Synnie... if you say so." she muttered, then she called out to the two elves "I'mma have to go now, but i'll see you guys soon reeeeeal quick m'kay???" she giggled and jumped into the air, zooming off and catching up to murphy, she was always amazed at how fast he could move, for someone so big and heavy. Yawning loudly she coiled the weapon round her hand looking behind her to see if Synova was going to come with her.

Synnie seemed displeased, was it about the news? Nah, couldn't be.. she must have wanted to finish her game with that Nox person.

Jynx
09-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Synova glanced back to the ground for a moment after Eika had left, lingering shortly. Momentarily she flew off; using the wind in her step to lighten it and hasten her pace two fold.

Before long, she had caught up to and passed Eika and Murphy. Synova looked to Efiel and questioned.

“Was he summoned also?”

Efiel shrugged to Synova, Synova looking back at them before shrugging herself.

Synova slowed her pace to a walk as she came to the doors of the grand hall. Slowly she pushed the door open and walked up the great walkway leading to the throne itself. Once in front of it, Synova bowed her head slightly before the throne and waited for the arrival of Eika. Efiel dispersed into the air at this moment, recognizing she was not to be around.

Kristen
09-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Lithaen’s guard relaxed as both girls sped off. It took but a moment for Lithaen to be beside Isis.

“That wasn’t exactly what I had expected. She didn’t hit you, correct? -- I wonder why they left.. I heard some things from the second girls air sprite, but I wouldn't speak of it here, or outside of Aekalish. However, you heard the voices? Where is the boy?”

Lithaen looked around the surrounding area while she was speaking, searching without much effort. Her ears twitched as she half listened for any sounds that may come from him.

Ωmega
09-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Isis fell backwars onto a tree branch as a huge sigh of relief escaped her lips.
"What a demented child!"

She looked to Lithaen and nooded, as to answer both her questions at once. She looked around a bit to try to pin point where she had heard his voice before.

"I remember hearing something off in that direction."

She jumped out of the tree and stretched her legs quickly and headed off shere she heard the sound from earlier. She stopped dead when she saw Nox practically crawling back to where the camp was. Her eyes widened a bit.

'A child did this? Or did he just refuse to fight back?'

She turned her head slightly and called for Lithaen while rushing towards Nox to help him stand.

"What in the Gods name happened to you Nox?"

Ookie
09-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Eika skipped ahead zooming in pursuit of Synova, she built up speed and it wasn't long before she had arrived deep in Ballah's territory, she zoomed straight to the throne room, collided with the throne and bounced back in a sitting position at Synova's feet,

"Uh, went a liffle too fast." She muttered standing up and rubbing her backside, she shook her hand from where she had fallen on it, "I gots a bu bu. ;_;" she cried in a whiney voice showing her red finger to Synova.

Kristen
09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Lithaen blinked, watching Isis move about. She moved only slightly to begin to look for him before she heard Isis call out her name. As it wasn't panicked, Lithaen walked to her before seeing Isis help what virtually seemed to be a bloody corpse, stand up.

She blinked again, looking the body up and down once before realizing it was Nox. Lithaen could hear staggered breathing so she knew he wasn't as dead as he looked, which surprised her as a normal human would have been dead in that condition. It made Lithaen wonder as to how exactly he could withhold such damage.

Looking over him again, she assessed his wounds. Taking due note of his puncture wounds as well as a gaping hole within his back. Lithaen took in a deep sigh, almost half annoyed, before going to his other side to assist Isis with carrying him. Not knowing if Isis had looked him over, which Lithaen assumed she hadn’t, being the bleeding heart she was, Lithaen spoke to Isis calmly in Aekalish.

“[Look at his back. The girl that appeared with Eika, could she have? It’s impossible, she only looked like a human child. She could use wind spirits.. but still.]”

Lithaen paused, remembering the wind spirit she saw the girl speaking to.

“[She had the ability to solidify the wind spirits for extended periods of time. Maybe it’s entirely possible. We need to heal him as much as we can, though. It will take time, even with our abilities, for the wound in his back to heal completely. Also, it appears as though she damaged his organs.]”

Jynx
09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Synova blinked at Eika strangely, tilting her head slightly. Synova waved her hand slightly, a small water spirit gathering around the wound on Eika’s finger and soothing it with its cool touch. Wind spirits gathered under Eika, picking her up and placing her to the left of Synova before dispersing. Synova smiled slightly to her and readjusted her attention to the throne, looking to her chair next to it from the corner of her eye and glaring almost.

“What do you suppose we were dragged here for? It must be important. Perhaps we have a new addition to our threesome..”

Synova looked to Eika just barely from the hindsight of her eyes, raising her brow a bit and gauging Eika’s reaction.

Ookie
09-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Eika looked at her finger and cheered,
" Thankies, I wuve you! " she said twirling her finger around and watching the water spirit shimmer, she paused as soon as she heard what Synova said,

"I dunno, but it had to be important, Balla' neva' disturbed my play time before. A new addition you say? But.. I dun want to share anymore. Three is more then enough. And.. where is Clairen.. and .. why is there a chair next to the throne.. only Lord is allowed here... and.. " her thoughts confused her and she looked to the older girl for answers,

"Synnie, Eika is confuzzled.."

Ωmega
09-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Ballah entered the throne room once he recieved word that both girls had arrived and were waiting for him. He sat down and looked over both girls for a moment before speaking. He could see that Synova looked extremly upset while Eika was in the dark about the whole situation. He knew that Synova had an idea of the situation.

"You know I wouldnt bother to disturb either one fo you unless it was important, and I believe this is just."

He leaned back in his seat and mulled over his thoughts and how he should word them.

"I'll get to the point: Clairen is with child and has agreed to be my wife. I obviously cant have her out and about, so Im counting on you two to work extra hard on finding the lengendary child."

He sat quietly and waited for the two girls' responses.

Isis nodded.
["Her eyes would suggest an air nymph, though she didnt daunt any of the nymph markings. At any rate, she did a number on Nox, it'll take both of us to heal him, though we may have to end up bandaging his external wounds."]

Luzifer
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Nox pushed himself up as best he could, trying to rely as much as possible on his own strength to stand, "Are you...two...alright?" he asked forgetting, somehow, his own wounds for the time and splitting his focus now only between his own internal confusion and the two elves before him.

What happened... he replied with direct evenness, "I...couldn't think...of a reason... to dodge... I didn't understand...why... but..." here he looked confused at them, "she thinks... I have...two personalities... but I don't. Where... did... she get... that idea?"

He forced himself to stand, "I'll be fine. My brand... won't let me die...until... I've...atoned..."

Kristen
09-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Lithaen tilted her head a little and looked to him, nodding slightly.

"We're alright. But you're not. That's why if we were to let you go, you'd fall again."

After the words were done dragging from his mouth, Lithaen's eyes shot to Isis.

"[The Dark Army camp incident.]" She reminded Isis of the event before speaking again. "[Maybe we should settle him here.]"

Opinionated
09-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Murphy slowed his run to his usual heavy pace as he entered the throne room. He appoached the throne, but stopped a respectable distance from it and behind Synova and Eika. He heard Ballah's announcement, and stood unaffected. Her pregnancy did not change her status in his mind, though her marriage would elevate her in his list of priorities.

Behind his helmet, his eyes flickered to the two girls, then to Ballah himself. He didn't bow or make any sign of obedience, any more than a sword would. He knew his use: An extension of his Lord's power, just as a sword extends the power of the wielder. And as swords rested in their scabbards until they needed to be used, he waited until he was needed to be used.

Ookie
09-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Eika jumped in the air,
"A baaaaby! YAY!!!! What's his name gonna be if it's a boy, oh or a girl , I like the name Petal for a girl!Can I hold it when it's born? I'll be nice, but I won't share any of my lolipops." she twirled around, "Ain't it great! we have a new adddition in the familly~" She twirled once again,

"But now that Clairen is gone, I'm going to miss being bossed around, oh well.. Can I do the bossing around now? Can I? Can I? I promise I'll find the Div-div-divitanety!" She giggled and swunge her weapon, "Is Clairen a queen now?" she asked, she didn't really care about the answer, her loyalties were only to Ballah and no one else.

Jynx
09-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Synova glared at the mention of "queen", her golden eyes flaring with furiocity.

“Clairen moves up in the food chain because she’s easy, and we’re expected to work twice as hard to cover her trail? You must be joking. I do more than my fair share and Eika is too young to do much more.”

Without her knowledge, wind sprites began to formulate within the surrounding air, circling around Synova, her fists clenched.

“I was bred and created for the purpose of serving you as the perfect daughter and weapon. I endured experiments beyond your knowledge and pain until I no longer had the pain sensory. Everything I do, I do it for the sake of Papa and the Dark Army. Yet I am to be cast aside while some illegitimate child takes my place on the throne that I have worked for?”

The wind spirits began to swarm, winds picked up within the hall as Synova grew angrier. Her voice laced with rage, though never rising.

“I am the prodigy daughter and sole successor to the Dark Army. I refuse to be replaced. Besides, how could you be so sure she isn’t doing this to take the throne, Papa? I don’t trust her. I know what is best for the Army. Not some earth nymph who straggled in here one day. Clairen doesn't care for the Dark Army, Papa, I'm sure she barely cares about you. She isn't suitable for it.”

Efiel formed within the air, perching herself upon Synova’s left shoulder. She sat and watched, carefully keeping eye on Synova.

Ookie
09-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Eika looked at Synova who was positively fuming, she didn't like the upset look of her comarade. She sighed and spoke, turning misteriously once again into her serious self. Her eyes went blank.

"Synova calm down, your anger won't get you nowhere." She said scowling, it was ages since she had used Synova's full name but Synova's actions angered her. " I highly doubt your rage will make any difference to what has happened, as a member of the dark army it is your duty to bow down to the will of Lord Ballah, as for the queen I personally have no intention of following her if she differs from the lord. The lord has accepted her, and as his daughter you should accept her too. I have no intention of interfearing with the lord's wish, but if you insist or even think to rebel against his wish, I will have to strike you down, even if it means my own death." with the last sentence she exhaled and turned back to her childish self,

"So please, please be nice Synnie, we can find the child ourselves! We're the best in the army 'member?" she smiled and whispered under her breath to Synova , "Doing this alone and suceeding will prove our power in the dark army." then she turned around, to face the lord again, and smiled,
"I have a game to finish... is this all you wanted from me?" she said as calmly as she could while winds raged in the halls behind her, she wondered if any human caught unaware in the hall survived. Eika had no concern, just curiousity.

ooc: What color to smufs change to when you choke them?

Jynx
09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Synova looked to the smaller girl at the moment of her speaking.

“Do you not see it, Eika? This is where it begins. You and I, though we are the best, are now no better than the rubbish we kill. She is not a queen and I will not accept her as such. She may be a formidable opponent, but she is no where near a queen or anything of the like. As his daughter it is my responsibility to ensure that he makes the best decisions for the source and that isn’t what this is. This is a decision made solely for him. Think of it; she bares a child before she’s married to him. She planned this, we have remedies to stop child birth and yet she did nothing. She is too selfish to be a queen of the Dark Army.”

Synova’s attention altered and focused back on Ballah, her glare colder than ever.

“I have no intention of allowing this. I was created perfect, I lack any fault. My thought process is the most elite of anything that exists, and yet you would not trust my judgment?”

Synova paused, sighing and looking back to Eika and resting her hand on Eika’s head.

“At this point, I would not give the Divinity to Papa if I found it. He’s let his “heart” take over his senses. He’d probably give the Divinity to that wench as a gift. -- Clairen doesn’t like us, Eika. I heard it from her mouth before Papa sent me after the Berserker.”

At this point, Efiel perked up and recited a verse:

“Little brats get away with a mile while the rest of us get inches at a time. I wonder if Ballah would care if they both had "accidents"”

Quieting once more, Efiel sunk back to Synova’s shoulder. Synova’s eyes watched Eika and Ballah simultaneously, the wind spirits about her in ever movement.

Ωmega
09-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Ballah let out a deep sigh.

"If you must know, she did not approach me, I approached her. And I can assure you that she only did so in fear of her life, or the consequences that would come if she denied me. This is nothing new. Its a relationship thats been happeing behind closed doors for years now."

He paused for a moment, his eyes narrowed.

"I did this in hopes of a second child, one created naturally. Thats all, though after some time feelings emerged. Yes, Nova, you are important, yes you are a perfect fighter, however, you are still not fit to rule."

His tone became a bit harsher and used her realy name to show his anger towards her attitude.

"You are far too impatient. And, Im afriad, I might have spoiled you a bit. At any rate, you are not capable to rule properly. And it seems that I cant teach you to be one with your stubborness."

He diverted his attention to Eika, his voice a bit softer.

"Im afraid thats enough playing for today. I need you to go watch over Clairen. You and just you. I have more important matters to attend to."

He looked to Synova and gave her a look as if saying to stay away from Clairen's room. He stood, and walked over to Murphy, and directed him to follow him into another room. This way, he could be a little reassured that he was unheard.

"When Synova leaves, take Clairen to my bedroom quarters. Lock her and Eika inside. She'll be safer in there then in her own room."

With that, he left.

Isis nooded and slowly went to lay Nox down.

"Well, at least your too stubborn to die. I guess that makes our life a bit easier. Though...you should've at least dodged."

She let out a deep sigh.

"[Maybe an attempt at a sort of suicide? Why take that sort of damage willingly?]"

She let out another, deeper sigh as she bagan to heal his wounds.

Jynx
09-06-2007, 11:52 AM
The winds surged throughout the room as Synova stood in silence as Ballah spoke.

"If you see that some earth nymph wench and her child born of selfishness are fit to rule, you are sadly mistaken. Everything I have ever done and gone through has been for the sake of you and the Dark Army. I will NOT be cast aside here, nor ever."

At that moment, Synova lifted her hand to the throne, a large blade of wind emerged and split the throne in two. Shortly after, the throne exploded.

Synova's eyes trailed as Ballah began to leave the room.

"I was not spoiled. I was mutilated for the happiness of my Papa. Does Clairen mean so much to you that you would ignore that she wishes to slay your first born and Eika? Regardless of her current state, she would see it done and soon she would overthrow you as well, Papa. Do not be ignorant."

Synova looked to Eika from the corner of her eye once Ballah had exited.

"Would you gladly watch over someone who would so quickly kill you, even for your Lord you would die. That is something we all share, but you know the choice he is making is wrong, Eika."

Synova sighed, the winds dieing down, though Efiel remained upon Synova's shoulder. Synova's eyes dimmed slightly as she looked to the ground.

"He doesn't care for us, Eika. How could you so dependently follow someone who cares nothing for you or your well-being? I was created with the instinct to survive at all costs; these decisions will inevitably destroy us. You're alright with this?"

Luzifer
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
"tch... nothing here... makes sense. What... am I even... doing fighting?" he muttered crosswise, more to himself than as a response.

When he felt the soft warmth of healing hands laid upon the blocks of will, the only thing which had kept his consciousness standing where taken out and he fell back into darkness.

Nox's eyes opened upon a plain. The sun wallowed over head, raining blinding light across the entire expanse. Suddenly, a book popped into Nox's vision, a foot in front of his face with the title clearly emblazoned on it "The Mastery of the Will". Nox's mind combed itself over. He knew he had heard that title before but he couldn't remem- Suddenly images entered his mind.

He was on the street. He was young, no more than 7 and he was rummaging for food from the waste dump... which was more feces than food but it still had its perks... no one else looked there. This was before his parents had taken him back in, before he had gotten into the prospects for being raised to the class of Hunters, a rare privilege bestowed on few human children. But it was also after he had gotten turned down for a career in the Armorsmith's guild. As an extension of the civil government they were of the pragmatic line of thought that it was not worth teaching those who for whom the teaching would take the majority of their life expectancy and thus such a career was reserved for elves, the fact that he was a prodigy at the work notwithstanding. He was a logical boy himself and couldn't bring himself to disagree, still he had punched the man who had told them the knowledge and made obscene statements in front of the guildhall, screaming vague angers in the face of reality. In the face of god. It was all god's fault! Birthing humans with such meager gifts. God... he thought that he could judge them! No one could be the judge of a person save the person himself. How spite rankled inside his soul then.

His parents had been broken. They were world weary and life in their hovel had drained them of all will to do more than live. Faith in life had creeped soft into their breasts when a teacher, a human acting in that ignorance of ignorances, suggested that since the boy, who spent his time helping the blacksmiths whose shops dotted the district in which the school was built (and in fact Noxs own father was a blacksmith himself) and since the boy had already begun making rudimentary spears armor plates; because of this, he ought to be taken to the Armorsmith’s Guild. But the feeling of having that first seedling of dreaming culled so fast and so mercilessly left them empty and they retreated behind the locked door of their house as soon as possible, and Nox, who still spent time with the blacksmiths well after the hours of the school had passed away, found himself locked out every night. His parents to dead in sense to open the door.

So that was how he had found himself hear. This image of bottomfeeding seared against Nox’s sleeping brain and the narrative played out, as though he were viewing some others life rather than his own. It was viewed, indeed, through some deep fog of nostalgia but his mind now was so different that it was hard to believe he had ever thought like this. Something was missing… something force… he would watch.

Suddenly as he combed through the detritus of human waste he found something. A book. Hurriedly he cleaned it off and the title, written in the softest, purest gold leaf, shined through the filth and screamed into his head, “The Mastery of the Will”! Softly he walked, his ragged body covered with clothes the more ragged and the more muddy for his search, he walked with this book to the central park and sat on the bench and read, barely at first because it was no late night and though the horizon was just now etching itself with the raiment of the sun the king of the sky himself was still a great distance off. His eyes though were young and scraped the words from the pages, still clean despite their internment in the dung heap. He read. He read of how the Will was the most powerful thing in all the world, that before it all things were crushed and but shades of falsity. He read about, and this would shape him, how one must take one’s own mind and bend it to his Will. The subconscious was as much a realm of the Will as the conscious mind. Hear he put down the book and bent his Will to the task, whole in form, of memorizing this passage. It suddenly the passage just entered into his mind. Such a task before would have taken him some minutes of rote rereading but it went through now with simplistic speed. And it was at this time, with this success fresh in mind, that he looked up and stared into the face of a now rising sun. And one last etched itself onto his mind, it read thus, “The race of Men are renowned for their Wills. This is thought to be because Men, being of transcient existence can afford to burn out their stores of Will at a greater rate. Or, it may be, that Man does not need fear death because he has less to lose, that his inferiority only sharpens his Will.”

By the end of the day every letter of the book had been etched into his subconscious, completely memorized. And even now, in his dreamscape, as he stood staring at that book, which now seemed to gaze straight back at him with eyes (though it indeed had none) that seemed to ask what had changed, even now he could recite from memory. And without thinking the first words slipped of his tongue, “And God has bowed before the face of Man…”

It was after reading this book that Nox’s life began to change. He repressed all ill he bore towards the elves for their trespasses against him and his family. He never spoke ill of them again and bore them grudge. He put on a face of resolute determination. Despite not being allowed to join the Armorsmiths he studied on his own and made his own spear which he learned to use himself. It was unique, with a blade at both ends, and his method was unique. He soon caught the eye of the recruiters and was trained to become a hunter. He especially outshone his comrades in his ability to instantly memorize the labyrinthine coils of the forest, as if all the paths among the trees were known as soon as they had been glanced. He also became known for tactical skill and for complete lack of caring about his own condition, often willingly accepting the role of bait in order to lead the predator into a greater trap.

This Nox…this earlier construct, whose name, indeed, was not “Nox” that was a name he had given himself after he had forgotten his earlier life and needed to give himself a name. This boy, then, was like Nox but wholly different. The now-Nox could see fragments of himself but their was still something missing. It was like looking at a half finished canvas…or really a canvas before it has been exposed to time and pieces of it weathered away, for Nox could not admit that his form now was better than what he had been but only that it was necessary in order to up hold a greater mental weight he had to now support.

The memory-dream faded and Nox was left before the book. He reached out and grasped it with his gauntleted hand and a light blinded him as the dream faded and he returned to reality

Opinionated
09-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Murphy followed his lord away from the others, and heard his orders. As Ballah left, Murphy stood still for a moment, running a probability list in his head as to Clarien's location. After checking that against a map of the castle that he had been made to memorize with all the other facts, figures, and basic instructions.

Without a glance, pause, or word to Eika and Synova, he began his search. He moved with a sort of undeniable purpose through the castle. He came to Clarien's room and stopped before the door. He raised one arm, and as gently as he could, knocked three times on her door.

Kristen
09-06-2007, 07:04 PM
With a sigh, Lithaen bent down to assist Isis in healing the boy. She drew in light from the ever-rising sun and it was dispersed from her hands, emitting a bright orange glow that seemed less familiar now.

"[You have seen his behavior. He is not exactly the type to preserve himself. He has a rather low self-image and he is determined on "atoning" for whatever it is that he has done. That is all he speaks of. When he awakens, we should get detail of that girl.]"

Lithaen's dark ruby eyes crossed over the boy who now lay motionless beneath their hands. She sighed once again as his undying similarity to her younger self pertruded through her thoughts.

"[Perhaps we refrain from taking him with us any further. I had hoped it would help him some, but I cannot help but feel slightly responsible for this. Had I not forced him to play, we would have seen this or maybe she would not have attacked at all.]"

Ookie
09-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Tears sprung to Eika's eyes at the mention of 'no more' playing. She whined,
"But I dun wanna go with Clairen.."she stoppped right before a rude word escaped her mouth,

"Fine. I'll go. But I'm not happy about it. Lord Ballah." she showed her dissaproval with a scowl. Then she turned to Synova

"No Synnie, I'm not happy at all.I will not allow myself to be bossed by her tho, to me she's a fellow comarade just like you and Murphy. I will do as the lord asks and watch over her, but watching is all I will be doing."

"Destroy us you say?" she sighed, then laughed, "Synova, I've been brought up to obbey Ballah, I never knew my parents or my clan, all I know is that my sister is out there in this world, and I want to find her. To do this I have no choice but to stick with Ballah's Dark Army and it's spreading rule, wheter it will destroy me or not. So you see... Unlike you I can't rebel against any of Ballah's wishes, nor do i wish to. if his wish for me is to watch over Clairen, then watch over her I will. I will stay and keep my eyes focused on her, I will observe, but if someone comes to take away her life I will stay there and observe while it happens. I have never felt so coldly towards Clairen before, but if it is true what you said.. that she doesn't care a pixie about us then neither shall I."

With that she shouldered her weapon and took off after Murphy, following him by the sound of his feet hiting the ground, she saw him knock at the door and shrugged, moving slightly out of his way and kicking open the door. She leant in grinning and waved to Clairen, once again back to her childish self,
"HI! Guess you're stuck with me for the rest of the day. Are there any lollipops here? " she asked hopefully. here faced showed no clues of hearing anything about her.

Jynx
09-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Synova rolled her eyes. Synova had grown ever tired of the antics of the Dark Army and its people. People had become selfish over the years and rather than wishing in the best interest of their Lord, they wished in the best interest of themselves. It disgusted Synova in a way she had never thought before.

Efiel jumped from Synova’s shoulder, her body growing into the size of an average human; a form that Synova hadn’t allowed anyone to witness before as it was a demonstration of her power.

“Nova” Efiel spoke. “What is it that you’re going to do now?”

“I want Papa to understand that I am the better choice; that I care for the Dark Army. He is making a mistake Efiel.”

Synova shrugged, straightening out her hair.

“He hasn’t banished you; he must care for you still. You know that you’re still his daughter, be an experiment or not.”

Synova nodded her head to Efiel, sighing again and looking around.

“Now hurry, back to size. I wouldn’t want anyone to see you in this way. We should go to my quarters and prepare to leave. We still have some elves to take care of.”

Efiel’s body dispersed within the air and Synova began her walk to the part of the halls that she owned. Synova’s eyes glinted in the faint light peeking through the slit windows of the grand hall.

Ωmega
09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Clairen sat up, and tried to keep herself from getting sick. She rested her hand on Eika's head a gave her a weak smile.
"Youre always so troublesome. Theres butterscotch in the bowl over there."
She gestured her head in the direction towards her dresser. She then rediected her attention to Murphy.
"Something wrong?"

Ballah sighed to himself a bit and walked towards Synova's room. He knocked, and after hearing nothing entered in. He hadnt been in here for some time now and felt a bit guilty about it. He decided he would wait here for her and talk things over again.

Isis stayed quiet and tried to hide her happiness at Lithaen's suggestion to ditch Nox. Though, quickly after, she felt disappointment in herself for feeling that way.
"[Will you be ok if we do leave him? Im sure we can take better care of him if we tried...because he makes you happy, we should keep him with us.]"
In the back of her mind, she hoped she would want to leave Nox and leave things as just the two again once again.

Kristen
09-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Lithaen looked up to Isis and smiled a bit.

“[Happy? No, you have it wrong. He reminds me of myself, so I feel compelled to take care of him. – As you took care of me. I do not feel one way or another about him being with us. He may be of help, he may not. Either way, he’ll probably end up dead at this rate. It’s inconvenient for us to have to protect him all the time, in any case. When he wakes we should ask what he wishes to do. If he wants to tag along, I do not mind. But we are no longer responsible for him. If he dies, he dies of his own choice.]”

She knew that this answer would please Isis, as Lithaen knew very well how much Isis disliked Nox. In any event, Lithaen was getting tired of so many people being around constantly. She had always preferred to be alone or with Isis, she was the exception. Though now was different and there was a great evil to be faced. So in either case, she would have to eventually be around others again. Be it now or later, she didn’t care.

Jynx
09-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Synova walked to the door of her room. Upon finding it open, she was a bit startled and looked into it before entering. Synova stood silently in her doorway, her arms crossed, and her expression dead. For a moment Synova thought perhaps if she could feel like a “natural” child, her expression would be saddened. Quickly enough it remained as nothing more than a fleeting thought. Synova sighed, walking into her room with a bit of uneasiness.

“What is it, are you going to formally banish me?” Synova’s voice had not a lingering sense of anger, or frustration, in this state- it simply was.

Synova leaned against the window that sit in her room, checking it by glance to make sure it was sealed. Her golden eyes glinted within the light seeping through. Synova looked about the room that once had been assembled for her and was now neatly decorated according to her personality as she grew. None of it meant anything to her save for the gifts that Ballah had given her. As old as Synova was, she didn’t remember anything before being woken in a chamber some 116 years ago. Synova recalled nothing of before that time and Ballah was the only family that Synova could see.

Synova had woken up on a cold bed of steel, strange people in grey dull colors surrounded her with equipment that they quickly placed on her. Synova was distraught and couldn’t find the voice to speak, shaking and attempting to wrestle herself free, it was then that Ballah large hand rested gently on her forehead. It was then that the connection was built and began to grow.

Through the decades of her extensive training, Synova would reach her limit and be expected to continue still. When Synova lacked the strength to stand, Ballah would accompany her to her feet and speak words of encouragement. For one hundred and ten years, Synova lacked the voice to speak as they had made clear to not give her one, as she later found out. Upon the completion of her training, Ballah had gathered the nobles of the Dark Army and introduced her to the prime warriors and fighters. Addressing her as the prodigy daughter and successor of the Dark Army, they bowed her heads. Synova had turned to face Ballah, bowing her head before him. She remembered the conversation clearly.

“From this point forth, you are given the name of Syn; representation of the life you have and will lead until the influence and power of the Dark Army and as my daughter. In this, you are now Synova. First elite project of the Dark Army technologists and battle ready machine built for the capture and collection of the Golden Object. Do not displease me, Synova.”

Synova had bowed her head once again and turned to face those surrounding her, none of their eyes visible. Though Synova felt a heaviness in the air then, a thickness that felt as though it was suffocating her. Synova was unaware of anything prior to these events and by the time she had the voice to ask, she was too dull to care anymore.

Synova’s eyes caught focus once again on the items in her room, blinking a bit, she looked to Ballah, her expression dulled as it had come to be over the years.

OOC:
I realize, now, that I never pointed these out. For the future refence:

Color = Memory scheme
Color = Current
Color = Thought
Color = Efiel
(Color = Ballah)

Ωmega
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Isis was a bit taken aback at what Lithaen's intentions were with Nox. A soft smile crossed her face as she leaned over and gave Lithaen a sisterly kiss on the forehead.
"[If thats the case, then you shouldnt give up. I never gave up on you, and you turned out to be such a wondeful person. Youre still a bit rough around the edges, but a good person none-the-less. I think he deserves the same chance.]"
All this time Isis thought Nox was stealing her friend away, but it had turned out that Lithaen was taking on some of Isis's kindness, which practically melted her heart.
"[You know Im always here to help if you need it.]"

Ballah let out a deep sigh and face Synova. He walked over to her and rested his hand on her head, which then came down to her cheek as he lowered himself to her level.
"I understand youre upset, but I do wish you wouldnt jump to such insulting conclusions. When did I say I would replace you? When did I say that you would have any less power? When did I say that I would love you less?"
He held her close to him and continued to speak.
"Youre still my daughter, no marriage or second child will change that. Understand?"
He then stood and headed towards the door to leave. Before he entered the hallway, he stopped and turned to her.
"I expect you to mature much more, so that you'll make me proud when you take over. Now get some rest."
He closed the door behind him as he left her room and began to head over to his room to see if Clairen and Eika were there.

Opinionated
09-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Murphy said to Clarien, "There is nothing wrong. I am to accompany you and Eika to Lord Ballah's chambers. You will be locked in his chambers, where Eika is to stand guard over you." He flicked his eyes between her and Eika, pausing for what seemed like an appropriate time for her to hear what he said. Then, "If you will," he said as he stepped aside of the door and motioned in the direction of Ballah's room.

Kristen
09-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Lithaen chuckled slightly at Isis' words. She was happy that the misunderstanding had been cleared, but was still reluctant to let Nox tag along.

"[It's not that I would be giving up, just looking in his best interest. It is now obvious after this last battle he's had that he doesn't much care for himself, so he'd probably just let himself be killed off in the instance he met someone in battle again. But- if you feel that's best, than that is what shall be done.]"

Jynx
09-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Synova rolled her eyes slightly when Ballah was speaking, but listened to what he said. When he left, Synova summoned Efiel and dropped down onto her bed.

"It looks as though we'll be staying a bit longer, Efiel. Papa came and gave me a talking to about all that happened. "Mature", he said. As though I'm not and had no right to respond the way that I did. How can someone who doesn't feel lack maturity?"

Efiel frowned and looked on Synova.

"You have a temper, Nova. You can't feel sadness, or pain or jealousy, but they left you the ability to be angry."

"Why would they do that? What is the point in such meaningless favors?"

"Nova, when someone gets angry, they're will to survive and fight becomes stronger. The side you show often is the child of Ballah's, but I know that person isn't entirely who you are. You have a part of you that you don't often show-- It's the part that healed Eika, the part that watches over her. You are very much "mature", it's only that you don't show that person off."

Synova sighed, crossed her arms underhead and looking upon her celestial ceiling. The stars moving around each other.

"Perhaps it's because I don't think Papa would like her as much as he would a child. But, I need to prepare to take the throne. I will get the Divinity."

Synova's golden eyes shimmered within her thoughts, her expression remaining dead, yet somewhat determined. Efiel sat on Synova's pillow, curled and fell asleep there. Soon enough, Synova fell asleep as well.

Ωmega
09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Isis smiled at Lithaen and returned to her normal, perky self. She looked down at Nox, and thought that perhaps...he wasnt such a bad person after all. Knowing that he was not a love interest, Isis could accept him. She continued to try to heal him, and wondered when he'd wake up.

Clairen had a worried look on her face when Murphy mentioned 'locked' in Ballahs room.
'Why would I need to be locked in?'
She nodded, and followed Murphy to the other room.

Ballah wondered aimlessly throughout the palace and thought to himself.
'I must find that child before the Revolt does....I must'

Luzifer
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Suddenly, Nox awoke from his dream and for the first time in a long time, remembered the entire thing. But his attention was quickly taken by an amount of blood in his mouth and so he quickly swished some saliva around and spat. He looked at Isis and Lithean, them being the only two around, "Ugh... how long was I out?" he asked.

But he was lost in thought almost immediately after he said that... he began to wonder about things. He had remembered some of his past, and it rang with the truth of having actually occured so he didn't think it just some random dream but... he didn't remember the things that had happened between about 11 and... when he woke up... however old he was then. But still, he remembered that book. It felt good to have those words at hand again. He must have buried those memories with the bad ones. But he grinned not with happiness but with determination... he wasn't going to fail... He'd redeem himself! And everything else would bend to his Will!

Opinionated
09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Murphy tromped, as he usually did, to Ballah's room. An unexpected bonus of his presence that, as the other folk in the halls avoided him, he opened up a clearer path for Clarien to follow. Already as he walked, he had decided upon his next action after these orders were filled, to then stand guard outside of the room. Without any other orders, that was deemed the most suitable.

Eventually, they reached Ballah's room. Murphy tried the door, found it unlocked, and opened it for Clarien to enter. He then stepped aside and put his back to the wall, taking a statuesqe stillness as he began his guarding of the doorway.

Kristen
09-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Lithaen blinked down at him and fell back over onto her bottom, crossing her legs and holding them up to her at the ankles.

“So, you’re awake.” Her eyebrow rose, looking over him for a moment with a look of satisfaction at their handiwork. But she wondered how the hole within his lung was.

“How are you feeling? Sit up, let’s look.”

Before he could agree or disagree, Lithaen had grabbed him arm and yanked him up as gently as she could remember to. She looked over his back, patting it lightly with her hand. As far as she could tell, it looked fine. That didn’t necessarily mean the inside had healed though, only he could tell them that much. Lithaen looked at him again, still holding onto his arm in case he couldn’t hold himself up just yet.

“Any pain anywhere?”

Luzifer
09-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Nox grunted as he was forcibly pulled up, he was still a little sore but it was nothing he couldn't ignore. The puncture wounds were all healed, though he didn't doubt there were at least a couple scars. He patiently waited for Lithaen to finish with whatever inspection she felt the severity of his injuries warranted.

"I'm fine..." he replied evenly to her question. She was still being awfully forceful around him, but than, so was the other elf so he figured it must be an attribute they shared in common. Whatever the reason for it was, it was getting somewhat obvious that they perceived him as some sort of necessary burden, almost a child, but than, considering his age compared to theirs, it wasn't too suprising.

Kristen
09-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Lithaen raised her eyebrow again, her long ears twitching. She leaned over and looked at his back again and then faced him once more.

"There's nothing wrong? If you're still in pain from your back, that could potentially mean we didn't fully heal your lung. If that's the case, it could reopen and that would be problematic."

Though she wouldn't speak of it, Lithaen was a little relieved that he seemed to be alright.

"So who was it that attacked you? Did you catch their name?"

Lithaen let go of his arm and smacked the back of his head.

"And if you're going to tag along, you have to fight back. It uses a lot of energy to heal bad wounds like that."

Lithaen's ruby eyes shifted to a light auburn for a moment before she sighed and looked at Isis for a moment, knowing full well who attacked him and what her name was. But she wanted to hear it from him, neither she nor Isis knew what actually happened and so the blanks would need to be filled.

Luzifer
09-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Nox began to move his arms carefully in a variety of directions, inspecting them as it were to make sure they were alright. There was a tenseness in his gauntlet's shoulder where there ought not to be but it was nothing that could not be ignored if danger threatened."Fine...a knot...in my shoulder... fine."

"Name... i didn't catch a-" here she smacked him in the back of his head and his words were interrupted slightly by the distraction but he made no other response to it, "- a name... some...wind nymph... cross-breed though... I can handle her...but...she mentioned...that she thought... I had split personalities... I don't know what she meant... I think she thinks...I'm someone else"

Ωmega
09-13-2007, 11:16 AM
OOC: ANOTHER name change? Geeze Dolly! [but this ones cute]

BIC:

Isis gave a semi-worried smile as Lithaen began to rough-up Nox a bit. As soon as she heard him say 'knot in his arm', Isis began to give Nox a massage to work it out.
"You'll pull something if you fight like that...and you will fight."

She put pressure on his shoulder after saying it, as if indicating that she'll hurt him if he didnt fight.

Isis thought about what he said the whole while, espically the 'split personality' part.

"Hmm, I wonder how someone can have two distinct personalities."

She was thinking out load and wondered if it was perhaps because she was a nymph mix.

Upon reaching Ballah's room, Clairen quickly crawled into the bed and tried to get some rest as she was feeling extremly sick.

Luzifer
09-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I slight quiver of pain rushed through Nox when Isis began to put undo force on the knot in his arm, "Tch..." he clicked his tongue and pulled away. He then began to slightly pat his shoulder with the heel of his palm and when he found the knot smash his hand against it hard. A loud pop could be heard but when the pain from it subsided Nox was able to move his arm without the pain again.

"Simple... one of the "personalities... is a lie." he responded easily to Isis' question

Kristen
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
OOC: AND MY OTHER NAMES WEHRHRHRENNET?!?!? ;O;

Lithaen remained silent, though listening very intently to every word of the conversation. Wondering if he remembered at all what had happened at the encampment, she held her side where it had been previously torn apart. She sighed, glancing to Isis from time to time, thinking to herself.

Jynx
09-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Synova had long ago woken up and left the palace from her window. Retracing her steps, she had followed them back to the camp of the elves. Sitting far enough away to not be heard, she listened to their conversation by using the winds to carry the voices to her ears. Synova jumped in farther until she was standing on a branch just next to them within the tree.

“After the Dark Army rampaged and slaughtered the Sun Elves—” Synova paused, her golden eyes looking dead towards the Sun Elf before looking back to the others “—we found a strange technology. It was hard to get it translated, so many captives had to die before we convinced them to translate for us.. From that technology, we discovered several completed and uncompleted experiments. They had taken time to study the Berserkers. We found that Berserkers are people who have one or more personalities. Most start out with one, their normal personality; what they were born with. At some point, some event or another happens and causes them madness. If it's extreme enough, then the madness overtakes their personality and they become an A-Type. If it doesn't, then the personality splits into the mad one and the normal one. In this phase, they remember when their personality changes. This is B-Type.”

Synova smiled chillingly, her gaze looking unto Nox now. Synova’s golden eyes flickered within the light of the sun, standing tall with her arms crossed.

“Then there is C-Type; those that have the ability and do not recall their occurrences, like you. We have had our sources following you for quite some time. Do you recall anything past entering the Dark Army camp southeast of here, the one you were returning to?”

Luzifer
09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Nox looked up at the girl with blank eyes. He stood up in front of Isis and Lithean clenching his gauntlet. He wasn't the least bit hesitant or the least bit afraid. Rather he stood with complete confidence. He didn't have a reason to fight but that wasn't necessary right now, if a battle would happen it would not wait for him to create for himself a motivation which he found suitable.

He almost smirked at the girls arrogance. "Not in my... conscious mind... but I'd have to...check the other... I might have...stored it there. but thats... not the point. How long have you been following me? What do you know? Because I do remember everything from after I woke up and even my childhood but nothing there would attract your attention" His words had become more fluid since he woke and a different tone began to pervade his speech... he had a gruff anti-social tone scented sweetly with complete confidence and a complete lack of diffidence. His eyes were even colder than before, not the soft chill but like two amethyst crystals tinged with frost. His mind had already created a limit to her knowledge and ways that he could substantiate her claims. All he had to do was put his head on the block and let the guillotine fall... suicide was a forgone confusion.

Ookie
09-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Eika paced around the room in boredom, here and there she fiddled with the various items in the room, while keeping one eye on Clairen.
I wonder how the other elves are doing.. we didn't get to finish our game.. she tought, she shot one lazy look at Clairen and then picked up a mirror from the bedside table and turned it over in her hands. The pearls glinted inthe light and countless dots of multicoloured light bounced from the walls, she stared at the colors for a while then flug herself backwards onto a thick carpet,
"I'm already boooored...."

Kristen
09-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Hearing the voice, Lithaen looked up and spotted the familiar girl from before. Shortly after, Nox was standing before her and Isis. Lithaen smirked slightly, deciding to wait on any actions, leaned back a little and tilted her head, listening to the girl.

Lithaen sneered a bit when the girl mentioned the Sun Elves. Immediately she spoke up, no longer waiting for any motions. She placed her hand on Nox’s shoulder, clenching it tightly; she pushed him back a bit, only glancing at him from the corner of her eyes.

“Though what you speak is truth, you can’t be as old as that ancient war. I assume that the Sun Elven knowledge isn’t common among Dark Army members, so you must be someone of importance there. Who are you?”

She waited a moment before speaking to Isis.

“[As I told her, if she knows this much of Sun Elves, she must be an important character. We would do well to find out who she is and possibly use it to our advantage.]”

Lithaen’s voice was thickly coated with a serious, strong tone that came from deep within her throat. Now completely irritated from this girl standing before her, Lithaen’s attention never strayed from her.

Jynx
09-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Synova smiled at the boy, jumping from the tree and walking to him, placing her hand on his head and ruffling it.

“I haven’t been following you for too long. Efiel, however, has for quite some time. Though, only since we issued you into our army. You are quite the child, you know.”

At that moment she paused when the Sun Elf had come forward and moved Nox backward. Synova raised her brow to the Sun Elf, now that she was in front of Synova. Synova giggled slightly before taking a step backward, just out of the arms reach of the Sun Elf.

“You are correct, I am of some importance. And because you’re the last Sun Elf alive, I’ll give you credit and allow you to know me. My name is Synova. I am the prodigy daughter and sole successor to the Dark Army. In other words, I am Ballah’s daughter.”

A disgusting smile slid across Synova’s face, her golden eyes sparkling.

“You are certainly protective for a Sun Elf. According to our records, they remained loyal to only kin. Though Sun Elves are only related to other elves in that they are elves, Sun Elves never had much to do with the other breeds and secluded themselves off to Aikalana, the remote sky island. Sun Elves came down from the island only when they needed something and never came to the aid of the world below it when the Dark Army began to invade. They assumed that the Dark Army didn’t have the resources needed to reach the island floating in the sky and thusly neglected to prepare themselves for their eminent destruction half a century later.”

Synova paused for a minute, smiling at her own skills of memorization as she had read the information and books through and through until every word was imprinting within her mind. Synova had wondered, then, if the Sun Elf had bothered to tell her elf companion all of this information. Synova looked to the other elf, walking a few steps in her direction before speaking again.

“The Sun Elves were assaulted in their sky haven by wind nymphs and the devices we created to carry more to it. Sun Elves are powerful indeed and put up a fight worth mentioning, however, the end result was the same and the Sun Elves were destroyed. The grand floating island of Aikalana and its renowned city of Ezjuia fell from the sky into the sea and sank to the bottom of it. The piling corpses of Sun Elves going with it and any technology the Dark Army didn’t want and take. Men.. women.. and children alike were slaughtered like the filthy things that they were. “Superiority” held no ground there, they died then like they should have, and like you should have as well, Sun Elf.”

Synova looked back to the Sun Elf from the corner of her eye, Synova’s familiar grin across her face never faltered and she took pleasure in informing the elf and boy as well as returning the memories to the Sun Elf. Synova walked back to the Sun Elf, leaning in closely to her and speaking in a hushed voice.

“How long before the insanity takes you, Sun Elf? How long before being the only survivor destroys you?”

Synova giggled and jumped up within the trees, standing on the branch she had been before; Synova’s gold eyes watched the Sun Elf.

Back within the Dark Army palace, Efiel woke to find Synova gone. Sighing, she knew precisely where she had gone to. Instead of following, Efiel flew from the window and made her way to Ballah's from outside the palace. Initially hoping to see Ballah there, she instead found Clairen and Eika. With a smile, Efiel disperssed, reforming within the room and pouncing upon Eika's face.

"Eikaaa~ Hihi~ You look bored! Don't be so bored, what are you doing anyway? Guarding Clairen?"

Efiel looked at the resting Clairen and raised her brow.

"How far could she be that she needs to act this way? I know nymphs have a shorter birthing period, but still.. that seems a bit melodramatic to me."

Efiel rolled her eyes, never having been too fond of Clairen, she went back to paying attention to Eika, looking at the mirror she was playing with and glancing at the sparkles that floated in the room because of it. Efiel's small eyes lit up and she was awed.

OOC: I've spoken with Almateria about the backround of the Sun Elves and all the information is correct. Just an FYI.

Luzifer
09-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Nox pushed back in front of Lithean, "Don't listen to her." he whispered, as he raised his gauntlet to guard against, " Why are you here, Immy?" he was careful as he spoke, keeping down a lot of his nature so that he would be more easily underestimated. If she attacked, well, he doubt she would find it as easy as she had before. If she even won at all. His spear wasn't with him, it was on the ground a few yards away but that really didn't change anything

Kristen
09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
A growl escaped Lithaen's throat before she began to yell at Synova in mangled Aekalish. Her fist clenching, she yanked Nox from in front of her with enough force behind her to push him down. Lithaen's body tightened, her feet digging into the ground.

Eventually the Aekalish smeared out, Lithaen's voice still infuriated, her eyes changed from ruby to deep amber as she glared at Synova.

"We are proud people and were only taken out by the likes of you because the Dark Army uses dirty tricks to get what they want. Everyone knows this and it is no surprise now. Yes, we kept to ourselves, but that is because we were not accepted amongst the others. The other breeds of elves rejected us for our dark skin, hair, eyes, our long ears and our magical abilities. We are DIFFERENT from them and they detested us for it. It was not our fault! We fled to the floating island to RID ourselves of the berating stares from those around us and when we finally found a peace we could be happy for, the Dark Army came and destroyed it."

Lithaen's fists tightened all the more as her body emitted a soft yellow-orange aura, the rays of the sun seemingly collecting at her feet.

“How are the Sun Elves to blame for things that others did? Why should we be remembered as a race so selfish that we wouldn’t help those that did the same to us as the Dark Army? You belittle us with your mocking, pretending you know nothing of our strife. But surely, for as educated as you are, you know all of it.”

Lithaen looked toward the ground for a moment before looking up and speaking again.

“I protect what is important to me because it is all that I have. I have long fought the voices within my mind telling me to lash out and I will not succumb to them until the Dark Army has paid in blood for what they’ve done to my people.”

Before she herself had realized it, Lithaen had withdrawn an arrow from her quiver and readied her bow. With only a seconds thought to the consequences, Lithaen fired the shot into Synova’s left shoulder without further hesitation. Quickly, Lithaen used the strength of her left leg to leap from the ground and just to the right of Synova on the branch, her opposing arm outward to her side in a hook form and her fist tightened.

“I will start with you.”

She muttered within Synova’s ear before slamming the base of her upper arm into the girl’s throat and throwing her back full force.

Luzifer
09-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Nox sighed, as what seemed to be a fight began... he felt conflicted by what was going on. He turned his eyes away from it not wanting to even to vindicate its existence. Lithean trying to pull him over was not expected and he had lost his balance but he stood back up calmly enough. What was the right in this? He had the Will but lacked the reason to use it... well, though it pained him, he decided to just let the fight occur. By all that was holy he wanted to scream.

He didn't have a doubt in his mind... Lithean was going to die. But he didn't try to stop her... it was her decision after all.

Kristen
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
OOC: Wow. It almost repulses me how weak you think everyone is in comparison to your whiney character. Gross, indeed.

Luzifer
09-14-2007, 01:26 PM
OOC: Do I think that? Or does Nox? I don't think what my character thinks...

Ookie
09-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Eika squealed with glee,

'EFFIEEEE!' she shouthed, then clamped her own mouth shut in case clairen was asleep, "Oopsie, I forgot, yeh! I'ma watching her... but she's boring. She looks all sicky an' stuff.... Is having a baby that painfull? I don't think I want one then..." Then she looked at what Efiel was observing, and made the sparkles or light turn faster,
"Lookie! i found this on that table over there! I can't see my reflection in it tho.. just a boring shadow... but lookie it makes pretty sparkles!" she squealed in delight and made the light blobs dance around the room.

"Say.. Clairen is the baby done yet? I'm bored waiting.. and I wanna see if it's a boy! I never had a boy to play with... "

OCC: CLEAN... think CLEAN DAMMIT

Ωmega
09-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Clairen gave a small chuckle under her breath.
"It wont be here for another month. And...I hope its a boy too."
She stared off while holding herself and silently prayed for a son.

Isis watched everything unfold in front of her, but wasnt sure how to react. She watched Lithaen go after the nymph child who had obviously struck a sour nerve with Lithaen. Part of her wanted to tell her to stop, however it seemed this other girl had no intentions of letting them live.

What really shocked her was what the other girl had said.
'Ballah....has a child?'
That fact alone shocked her beyond anything, so much that she found herself unable to move in complete disbelief

Jynx
09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
During the boring speech of the Sun Elf, Synova stood silently, only partially listening. Caught by surprise, Synova fell backwards once hit by the girls arm. Catching herself, she spun backwards, landing gracefully upon her feet on the ground. Synova looked up at the girl, a smile crossing her face.

“Sun Elves were known for their tempers. How cute that you follow so blindly; though it would serve you best not to tempt me.”

Synova spoke, her voice cold and dead without a thread of remorse for what she had said. Just as quickly, Synova had dispersed within a moment, reappearing behind the other elf with a shard of ice in hand held to the girls back. Synova tilted her head, her smile never ending.

“It is so easy to manipulate you. You see, this girl has not moved since I spoke of my identity. I suppose she may be thinking or in shock, regardless, if you don’t move, you’re an open target. I know that you two have the whereabouts of the thing that we are all looking for. So, lead me to it, or tell me its location. I apologize, but in either event you face the same inevitable fate.”

Synova began to press the shard into the girls back, raising her brow inquisitively at the Sun Elf, awaiting her response.

Efiel had propped herself onto Eika's shoulder.

"Eika, don't you know anything? Offspring take time to develop. If you are supposed to guard her, you'll be here a long time. But if you are guarding her because of Synova, then there is no point."

Efiel paused and glanced to Clairen with a look of disgust before returning her attention to Eika and hushing her voice.

"Synova has already returned to the elves to hunt down you know what. You should go, that way you and Synova get credit for the greatest accomplishment of the history of the Dark Army. I'm sure Murphy is enough to protect her and Ballah won't mind once you have the item."

Efiel smiled, looking in the best interest of Eika and Synova, per usual. She nuzzled her small cheek to Eika's.

Luzifer
09-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Nox watched the girl standing not out of arm reach, Synova, or whatever her name was. If he wanted he could put a hand on her and stop her but for the longest time he debated whether or not that was what he ought to do. Was this in furtherance of his own goals? Which side was in the right? He didn't know. He didn't know enough about was going on to make a decision one way or another about the logic of any single course of action.

OOC: Immy by the way is a racial slur used by humans to denote any entity with a longer lifespan than themselves, i.e. Nymphs and Elves.

And A question... if nymphs breed faster than humans...and they are immortal... how do they not cover the planet?

Ωmega
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Im a bit too busy to post, but to answer your question: its rare for nymphs to get together and fall in love. Nymphs are very independant and free-spirited, so its rare to see nymphs who want to get togather and have children.

Post will come soon, promise <3

.Gogo
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
OOC- Guys, I'd appreciate it if you talked your issues through in pm instead. Thanks

Ookie
09-18-2007, 01:41 AM
"Synnie has gone alone?" she asked shooting up suddenly. "But.... look like much but they're strong. What if she got hurt?" Eika fretted around, then looked at Clairen, if it was true what Efiel said then she would be stuck with Clairen for a bit more then she expected. She sighed, sometimes not growing up with the others of the outside left her ignorant of such matters.

She looked back at Clairen and stood up,
"I'm off for a while. I'm pretty sure there's an exeption to following rules in these situations." She stood back from the door and lightly nudged it, it was locked, so she pushed it harder with her fist and it blew open. Being trainied in the Dark Army had it's merits. She might not know an ounce of healing spells, or any spells at all, but her body strenght, (only when compared to the regular elf) was slightly higher. She ran past Murphy,

"I'll be off for a while, you can guard Clairen while I'm gone, it's an order I'm afriad." she said zooming off to the outside. She paused and looked at Efiel,
"Please guide me to them! i hope she's not fighting, Synnie does have a bad temper." She ran, knowing that as Synova was, she couldn't have a temper.... yet she had. She didn't allow this issue to confuse her anymore then she was. She would try and find Synova, and hope her mission was one of stealth. If not, it would take some convincing.

Kristen
09-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Lithaen turned around with haste, her attention refocusing on Synova who now stood at Isis’ back. She fought off worry for the moment and glared at Synova, running over possible situations in her mind.

“If our fate is the same either way, then why should we tell you now? If you’re as amazing as you say you are, then why do you need us to tell you? You should already know where it is if you really are the daughter of Ballah.”

Lithaen hoped for the moment that this would irritate the girl, drive her to attack Lithaen and veer her from Isis once again. If Lithaen could anger the girl, then she would fight Lithaen. Win or lose, Isis would be alright for the time being and that’s what Lithaen’s goal was to do.

Lithaen jumped from the tree and stood just short of Isis. She raised her brow and crossed her arms, looking at Synova with a smug look.

“Some prodigy you are. All that you are capable of is finding a weak spot and attempting to use it. But, if I could not care less about the well-being of that elf, then you are out of luck. So have you really found leverage at all? Hmph. I expected more from what would be the daughter of the great Dark Lord; you’re just a body of lies.”

Lithaen’s ears twitched, her ruby eyes glaring at Synova in full light. She ground her teeth a little, hoping heavily that the bait would be enough and she glanced to Isis’.

OOC: [gigglesquirt] ilumiamia <3

Ωmega
09-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Isis stood perfectly still as Synova took her hostage[sp]. In her mind she cursed herself for letting her guard down, though wasnt too hard on herself due tot hat fact that it was a child.

At this point, it seemed everyone was surrounding her, which made Isis a bit uncomfortable. She thought about her options:
She could try to attack Synova from behind her and risk injury to her back
OR
Stand there and risk a possibly fatal injury to her spine

She let out a deep sigh and made eye contact with Lithaen, as if trying to signal her of her intentions and to see if Lithaen would go along with it.

Ballah watched Eika leave at let out a deep sigh. He headed back into his room and saw that Clairen looked pale. Perhaps the time they spent together was a bad idea given her pregnancy.
"You should rest in the bath. Earth and water go hand-in-hand after all."

Jynx
09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Synova stood there, expressionless, careless. Synova hadn't minded one way or the other if the elves lived or died, taunted her or not; she didn't feel it enough to care.

"Are you quite finished with your lecture, Sun Elf? Whether I am a body of lies or maggots, it matters not. This body is all I need in order to get what I want."

Synova dug the shard a bit further into the elf's flesh, just enough to keep from puncturing her skin, yet deep enough to hurt.

"You have a point in saying that it wouldn't matter if you told me now or later. Afterall, if you die either way, then you don't have much incentive to tell me. I was simply hoping that you would like to make my job easier before you met your end. Apparently, you're still crude as ever, so let's get this over with.."

Synova had begun to gouge the shard into the elf's back, though slowly, she smiled happily as she did so towards the Sun Elf.

--

Efiel nodded when asked to lead Eika back to the group and began to fly through the winds and forest with haste in her flight. She spoke back to Eika as she did so.

"The Lord will not punish you for doing this, so that you are assured. He is simply stressed in this time of battle and birth. I'm sure Clairen's pregnancy isn't helping his nerves any, what with all her whining. But don't be worried about Synova, Eika-- The Lord wouldn't so easily cast her aside, either. I've heard it, so believe me."

Efiel looked back to Eika and smiled reassuringly before grinding to a halt at the scene of Synova. Efiel nodded again to Eika and then proceeded to fly onto Synova's shoulder, where she pointed to Eika and then sat quietly until given orders.

Kristen
09-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Lithaen nodded ever so slightly to Isis, as she had been watching Isis from the corner of her eyes the entire time.

"You are so arrogant, Synova. You seem to believe that you are some sort of GOD and that is something you will never be, prodigy daughter or not."

As Synova had stopped speaking, she saw the shard of ice move into Isis' back and her eyes narrowed a bit. It seemed like the plan was to move a little faster than it was supposed to and it was all Lithaen could do to keep herself from launching at Synova to protect Isis. She glanced to the air sprite that now rested on Synova's shoulder and then looked from the corner of her eye to where the sprite had pointed. Not seeing anything at that particular second, Lithaen refocused on Synova.

However, as the seconds passed, Lithaen grew more anxious and quickly withdrew an arrow from her quiver and threw it towards Synova. The arrow landing into Synova's upper arm, the head of it deeply imbedded.

Lithaen's eyes shot to Isis, almost apologetically but after all it took to heal Nox, Lithaen was unsure that she'd be able to properly heal Isis were further damage done, and thusly she was forced to initiate the attack.

Ωmega
10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
OOC: Sorry, I thought you were still taking a break =]

BIC:

Isis quickly took the oppurnity to get out of Synova's grasp. She turned to kick and made contact with Synova, the force being strong enough for Isis to then flip backwards behind Lithaen, and quickly readied her bow and arrow to strike. She let her hand hold it softly, so that it would release a split second before she could properly react. She remained silent, and ready to strike down the little half-breed.

Ballah entered his room to find only Murphy and Clairen. He let out a deep, disappointing sigh and walked over to where Clairen layed. She was fast asleep, and her pale complextion was slowly returning to her normal, healthy coloring. He brushed back some of her hair to marvel at how beautiful she looked while she slept. His heart began to waver.

'If I cant find the child soon, someone might go after her to get to me...I cant have that.'

Luzifer
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
OOC: I'm back changing somethings which obviously were not working with people (and I have already obtained permission to do so). I'm reverting Nox to his personality from before he was healed since things have gotten pretty bad since I had him go through the epiphony. Thank you for your time my fellow RPers.

Nox watched the fight that was now progressing closely and could only think of how completely lost he was. These people moved but it was like an echo moving, blurring, flowing, whispering. Nothing seemed to be real and in fact everything seemed to be false. He didn't understand. And he started to step back.

He was being ignored and for that he was thankful but it was that, in a fashion, that made him want to leave, he wasn't valued... he wasn't being paid without some sort of fiscal representation of how much someone valued him there was no point in staying. If someone wasn't willing to pay him than they must not need his service; and if they didn't need his service than he wasn't aiding them and therefore no closer to making up for the sins of his past.

It was possible that he could use his (faulty) sense of morals but he didn't know enough about what the hell was going on to make that judgement. All he knew was that there was something called Divinity that people were looking for and dying over. Everything else was just assumptions and extrapolations on ignorance. And he didn't like that. He didn't like the idea of acting out of ignorance so he decided it would be best to not be force by situations to act at all. He had to think of his own morals, right? And right now he was in a zone of ambiguity. He thought two quick apologies to Isis and Lithean and slipped away. Making sure not to turn his back on the fight till he was out of even elven sight.

Kristen
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
OOC: No.. ish. I'm just down with the bronx. And by Bronx, I mean a bad case of bronchitis. @_@; It's been horribly busy all of September. First week was my aunts funeral, second my brotherpapa's wedding, third was school and fourth was my other brother's wedding and now after all that, I have bronchitis. So, needless to say, I've been horribly mean and cranky. c_c; So my post(s) won't be up till tomorrow morning.

And Luzypoo, does that mean you're dropping out, you bum? ;0;

Jynx
10-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Glancing only from the corner of her eye, Synova looked to where Efiel had pointed and nodded. Synova then looked down at the arrow within her arm, watching the blood ooze from the wound and taint her clothing; a red streak bleeding through the green. Synova then glanced upward at the elves and smiled fully.

“I am not a God. But thanks to my genetics, I am one of the closest things to one. The child is the only one who possesses that type of true power and once we have her, the Dark Army will be completely unstoppable.”

Synova stretched her arm out to the side, using her other hand the take hold of the arrow and yank it from her flesh, blood spurting out with it. The blood flow gained haste and soon the entire sleeve of her attire was crimson, blood trickling off her fingers. Synova let her arm rest again at her side, raising her other arm to her sight and looking at the arrow whose head had pieces of her flesh stuck upon it. Raising her brow, she spoke to the girls.

“Foolish as you may be, I’ll give you credit for even thinking of a way to save your friend, however, if you haven’t yet noticed.. something is now missing from your team. But that makes it so much easier to win.”

Smiling, she simultaneously dropped the arrow and extended her hand, a blast of wind emerging from her palm and slamming into the elves.

Efiel giggled slightly as she watched the power flow from Synova's extended hand.

"Elves are silly creatures, Synova. Especially Sun Elves.."

Kristen
10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Lithaen sighed quietly with relief at Isis’ freedom. Watching Synova’s awkward movements, she almost winced when Synova withdrew the arrow from her arm.

"How strange.. She either has a strong pain threshold or simply just.. doesn’t feel it. But how is that possible?" Lithaen thought to herself, keeping a blank expression so as not to give away anything.

"You think too highly of yourself. Genetics or not, you are no where near what you say you are and the Revolt will certainly not allow you to take it. You claim you will be unstoppable, stating that you aren’t already. You will fail, I promise you this."

Lithaen watched her movements carefully, raising an eyebrow in question when Synova lifted her hand. Before Lithaen could grasp it, the blast had forced her back a bit, thusly pushing her into Isis slightly. She put weight within her legs, held her arm to her head and ducked slightly; withstanding a majority of the winds.

"So this is why a wind sprite would take to you, you’re one of them. That makes more sense."

Luzifer
10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Nox sighed as the forest began to break up, and then abruptly ended some distance from a small village. He decided to see if he couldn't garner a little rest... in the past 48 hours he'd only managed to get a few scant moments of sleep and it was starting to weigh down on him.

People looked at him funny when he stepped into the town, which wasn't surprising considering he was covered in his own blood. He sighed gloomily and walked toward where the town inn was supposed to be, if he remembered properly from when he came through with the Dark Army a couple days ago.

Gently he leaned against the bar tipping his stool backwards but keeping his weight on the counter so he didn't fall over. His eyes studied the grain of the wood, it looked like an Oak, very subtle... he had no idea.

"What'll I get you?" said the barkeep but Nox didn't hear him.

Nox muttered to himself, not in response to the barkeep who he still didn't even know was there, "I don't like...picking poison." The barkeep sneered at him and walked off.

Ωmega
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Isis tried to stay as uncaring towards the young nymph as she could, though looking at a young girl bleed almost made her heart cry out....almost. She watched as she lifted her hand, and in a second both Lithaen and Isis were pushed back a bit by wind, though she managed to keep most of her composer
She quickly raised back her bow when a ringing went through her head.

[I]"Please...help me"

She quickly looked around.
"[Did you hear that? Ive never heard that voice before.]"

OOC: Need to get the divinity out already, darnit =D!

Luzifer
10-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Nox leaned up from the counter when he heard the door open, two elves walked into the bar, one male, one female. The male had a baggy left sleeve that covered the contours of his arm but Nox paid it, and them, no mind, letting them go about their business without his mind worrying as to what they were doing. They took a table not to far from where Nox was sitting and began to talk amongst themselves. Nox could have eavesdropped on them if he had wanted to, they were not being overly clandestine in their speaking, but he had no desire to and so continued to ignore them, preferring to let there words become part of the background hum of the bar.

Eventually their tones began to rise as they argued between each other and it was the voice of the female that first protruded into his thoughts, “I! am not talking to him! He’s an ape! You deal with him, you often say you are better with people anyway, leave me to my book.”

The man groaned, “A woman’s touch could have been so very useful in this situation… it makes me lament that I do not have a sister, only a brother in a girls body.” After that outburst things became silent for a moment before the elf sat down next to him and looked over. The elf wore a snarky grin that made him seem the prankster but he had a weightiness of purpose in his eyes that seemed to give his grin the lie. Hair gently swept across his features and his finger did likewise along the counter top, making gently circles with its motions. “What are ya drinking? Any recommendations?” he asked through his smirk.

“No…don’t…drink…” Nox replied with careful hesitance, not certain what this man was talking to him for and not trusting his motives.

“Now, now, now! No need to be distrustful. But, I suppose you over heard me and my sister talking,” he gestured back towards his sister he was reading a book and obviously trying very hard not to be caught listening to them. She had brown hair tucked back in a pony tail with but a few stray tufts drifting in front of her eyes. She barely looked two years older than him…if she were human. Given that she was not she was probably several centuries his senior. “She a cute little girl… almost a pity she has no sense of humor. Spent to much time amidst her books and not enough time among the sandpaper issues of day to day life which would have worn away her rough edges. But I suppose its because of those years of bookishness that she’s as capable as she is. You know, the other elves from Ara, our town, used to say she was a human born in an elf’s body?” he laughed at this, “Just a bit to enthusiastic for them I guess. You’re from the Forestveil, you should know what I mean.”

Nox’s head suddenly hurt, it rang like a gong of understanding but not knowing. The Forestveil… that sounded familiar, something for a long time ago. He couldn’t ascertain anything specific but he had a feeling he understood what the man was talking about. However, Nox decided not to nod but rather move the conversation to a different and more important topic, “What do…you want?”

The man’s smirk didn’t waver for a moment, “Ah yes the business type aren’t you. Well, the matter of things is that we need a shield. We have spent are lives studying arcane subjects and we need someone with martial skill.” Nox opened his mouth to speak but was cut of. “ ‘Why’, right? Allow me to explain. You see we have been watching, the fight between the Dark Army and the Revolt, and we were hoping not to get involved but it seems we will have to. Both sides are working rather desperately to unlock something, they ought not to and violence may end up being the only recourse… we wish to avoid but the possibility remains, especially when dealing with Ballah’s ilk. Therefore we need a powerful gauntlet to hold back the jaws of the beast.”

Nox paid the man’s flattery no mind, “Why me?” he said with a sharp, incisive tone.

“Well, we’ve been watching the conflict and you’re relation to it has made me think, though my sister would disagree, that you would understand our position. You have been drifting aimlessly through this conflict, not swayed by either side’s propaganda about what is the “right” thing to be doing, and who has the “just” cause. Instead, you withhold judgment, and since both sides are unwilling to give you the information to make an informed decision on your position you have made none. There is much virtue in that. I respect a slowness to judge, and I wished my sister did as well. So I will tell you how things stand and perhaps the information will allow you to decide which side you want to be on.

“Both the Dark Army and the Revolt are political entities. They are two institutions fighting to either maintain or create a government. The Dark Army wishes to bend the power of the Divinity to its own ends and try and create a never ending regime of oppression. The Revolt wishes to release the Divinity which it sees as the rightful ruler of the world and create a utopia of peace and prosperity. Both sides are united on three points. First: Both wish to use the Divinity. Second: Both are using the Divinity in order to fix their own worldly problems. They are treating the Divinity as some sort of panacea that will cure all their ills and allow them to move past some small misery to a world in which they can delight. Third: Both sides seek to upset the Balance. The world is like a great hour glass, constantly moving from one side to the other in predetermined cycles. Both sides wished to forcibly make the cycle stop. They wish to create a world where things are preset and stagnant.

“That’s our goal. Will you have it as your own?”

Nox did not answer for a moment. The words of the man rang true to him. What’s more he began to realize something else… both the Dark Army and the Revolt were trying to avoid sin. They were skirting it and afraid. They both wanted the Divinity to deal with it. The Dark Army wanted the Divinity to give it sanction, that oppression and inflicting hurt on other was wholly okay and such desires were no more evil than the desire to eat. The Revolt, on the other hand, wanted to Divinity to do away with the symptoms of sin, to get rid of the misery it causes and the suffering it brings, but they don’t really want it to a go away, just able to be ignored. Why else were they turning to an entity of god-like power? Sin could only be dealt with by confronting it within oneself… not…by… curing the pain. SIN WAS PAIN! That sentence reverberated through Nox like a gong… He smiled to himself. He wanted a world without sin, not a world without pain, where sin couldn’t be seen, nor a world where sin was okay. He want a world of agony, a world of torment, the feel of that cleansing fire…

Nox looked at the man and spoke, “You will have my gauntlet…free of charge” the man smiled but before he could speak, Nox continued, “But there is something I must do first if you will excuse me.”

“By all means”

Nox walked outside into the forest and kneeled. He focused his mind, bent his will, bent his very soul into the proper shape, and twisting it he opened up his own memory. For too long had he been running from it, running from his past, trading one agony, a false agony, for the true agony that would actually purge him of his sin. The wind was knocked out of his lungs as the memories hit him like a sledge hammer.

Kristen
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Don't use Red font. It's Ballah's and that makes it confusing.

Anyway.. I'm out for a few days. I'm going to yank my wisdom teeth out myself. >8\

Kristen
11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Ahh.. /bump

I'll be posting.. this week.. end. For sure, I promise. Sorry, Roo. :x

Jynx
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Synova smiled, her extended hand opening slightly wider, emerging from it a larger blast of wind.

“Efiel, please bandage the wound on my arm quickly. Though I may not need it, losing too much valuable blood would be a bother.”

Her voice remained stale and calm, thoughts running through her head, ideas with which to slay the pests before her.

Before a moments notice, her hand closed and the winds stopped. Synova moved her hand to her face, mockingly holding it in shock.

“A wind nymph.. That’s a cute thought. But it’d be so much harder to be a wind nymph. Winds are powerful, sure, but hard to collect from the air. If, by change, an opponent managed to drive the air from the area with a swift attack, I’d be left useless in that moment and perhaps I’d be able to be killed. It is lucky for me that I do not retain that one talent, but many.”

Synova allowed her words to linger in the ears of the elves, smirking as she stood there watching them; her eyes not moving, but keeping track of every notion of their bodies.

Efiel, having heard the command, quickly pulled clothe from a small pouch that Synova carried on her left side and wrapped the wound tightly in order to stop the bleeding. Once the job was done, she sat herself upon Synova’s familiar shoulder.

Kristen
11-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Quick to retaliate against the new wind, Lithaen held her arm up to protect her face and dug her heels into the ground. Using her free hand to withdraw a dagger from its sheath, she held it before her, lessening the gust by separating the air with the blade of the dagger. Once the blast stopped, Lithaen took a moment to breathe before her glare was eased by the soft voice of Isis.

“[What are you speaking about? I hadn’t heard anything just now other than that girls yammering..]”

Her eyes focused back onto the girl at the end of her words, but at the mention of having lost something she quickly glanced around the area and noticed that Nox was no longer there.

“Where did he vanish to? – No. More correctly, how long has he been gone?” Lithaen thought to herself briefly before refocusing on Synova, her expression remaining unchanged.

“Are you saying we are wrong in assuming you’re an air nymph? You’re ability to manipulate winds is not something that is gained by not being one. We couldn’t be wrong unless Ballah has come up with a type of technology we are unaware of.”

Lithaen flipped the dagger within her hand, holding the blade back against the base of her lower arm; unsheathing the other dagger and doing the same. She crouched, positioning herself in wait.

“[Isis, if we’re to get anywhere, we have to go through her first. But that air nymph needs to go, if she continually bandages Synova, we’ll never get passed her.]” Lithaen’s voice was low, hushed to keep Synova’s hearing of it minimal.

She was unsure of whether or not Synova could decipher the language, having been so educated on the Sun Elves, it was feasible, regardless that there was no one to teach her directly. Having kept captives that Lithaen was previously unaware of, who knew what Synova had been taught or stolen.

Luzifer
11-19-2007, 02:00 PM
OOC: How is it confusing? Its not like I RP as Ballah... if i did then it would be confusing

Nox reentered the bar, his eyes cold and off putting in the usual way. Emond looked up at him, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Was that all? You were gone hardly five minutes."

Nox's expression didn't change though in actuality he was surprised... it had felt like lifetimes. Years... his entire past lived through several times over; a long conversation with a dead girl and ages of meditation on what had been said and unsaid, all in a moment. It was disconcerting but he didn't let even a hint of this discomfort show, "Eh... I just had to… say goodbye… to someone". That lie would be the easiest to say because it was half true.

Emond shrugged and his sister stood up, closing the book she had been reading, “well than if the ape is finished than let us be on are way, I have little patience for idleness at the moment. There is much to be done a scant little time for its doing.” Her tone was as harsh and biting as her words but Nox didn’t let that steer him from agreeing with her. It was true that, if what these people said was true, then there was precious little time. Both sides of this stupid, pointless conflict knew the approximate location of the Divinity and were now merely jockeying for position to delve deeper into the cave that harbored it. If one of the factions managed to secure it, that power could be unless to either cover up the nature of sin or to grant it free reign. Either end result was an evil in and of itself. Better to let sleeping gods lying and let the worlds miserable utopia continue, for there would be no better. Balance was the most pleasurable suffering the world could choose.

A sigh escaped Emond’s lips as he stood, “Ami, Ami, Ami…. Where are your manners? The young man is working with us and helping us the least you can do is ask for, and call him by, his name. Is that not so, Mister….?”

“…Nox”, replied the human as he moved a stray strand of stark white hair from in front of his eye to a more agreeable place behind his eye, “Nox Hander.”

“ ‘Nox Hander’?” said the girl, “Ami”, incredulously, “Surely you don’t think we’re so stupid as to not recognize a pseudonym? Nox is the Old Forestveil Tongue for Night and Hander is simply Handed in. What is your real name, ape who wishes to be called Night-Handed!” She stared daggers into him. She was indeed a Tome Walker to have caught that, and here he thought only he would have taken the time to study such languages in his youth, at least enough to know a few words. The term ape was starting to great against him but he ignored it, it was another fitting punishment for one such as him and as such it would be endured.

“It is…my name… the only name… I may bear.” He responded evenly, meeting her glare with his own flat gaze. He let every part of his body fall just so, let his weight lean in the proper fashion, and hardened his eyes to the coldest causing him to exude a sense of unchanged certainty. She was forced to avert her gaze, and as easy as that, he had won.

“Whatever, ape.” She clicked her tongue against her teeth slightly.

Emond smiled, “Someone’s feeling frisky today!” his tone was a light mocking banter and easily warmed the situation, which was in danger of completely freezing over, “Is it just being away from home or are you in heat and in need of a concubine?” Amiya blushed and looked away, too prideful to yell at him for his impropriety.

Emond’s grin turned more friendly as he looked at Nox, “Sorry about her. She’s not the nicest type towards humans, maybe one day she’ll tell you why but for now lets just leave it at that. My name is Emond Field and she is-“

“Amiya.” Nox said in a clipped tone which elicited a bemused expression from Emond and nothing from Amiya who, to save face, refocused her attention to her book.

“Of course. You’re from The Forestveil as well, you would know all the popular girls names and their various contractions. “ Suddenly Emond’s face turned more serious and he looked over to his sister, who, despite her earlier attempts not to appear interested in what was going on, was watching over the edge of her book.

She shut the book crisply and started talking, “Yes. At the moment it is just us three. We are the only part of the Sages currently operating in the area and as such we can’t go about making enemies.” She seemed to have recovered from being flustered earlier and her voice was cool and in control, what had happened earlier must have been an exceptional outburst. “What we’d like to do is find the leaders and soldiers of each faction and try to talk them into leaving the Divinity alone. It’s a long shot, admittedly, but its less unlikely then us single handedly defeating both sides.” She sighed slightly before continuing, mustering resolve, “part of the reason we need you is that we don’t have any on the field knowledge of what is happening and having someone who has been involved in the conflict would be beneficial. I only managed to find you because I managed to scry a couple images, one of the Dark Army Base and the other of the Revolt unit and you were in both. So, what I want to ask is… where do you think we should start.”

“Revolt.” He said simply. They were fewer in number and thus the lowest threat. If they met with Ballah and he proved disagreeable then he could easily kill them, the isis and Lithaen both didn’t seem to be the types to try and kill them if they came in peace. Even if they were they were in less of a position to make good on that threat give that there was only two of them and not an army. Not only that but isis and Lithaen goals were probably more compatible with those of the Sages in spirit then were Ballahs and thus they would be the ones most likely to agree to help them. That was still betting on a drunk fighter but it was better than the alternative.
“Alright!” said Emond decisively, “then lets go before the Revolt moves again and it becomes difficult to find them. I trust you know where they are Nox.”
He merely nodded and began to lead the way.

Kristen
11-20-2007, 08:01 AM
OOC: It's just confusing because I look for colors, rather than reading everything straight through first.

Ωmega
11-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Almost in a trance, Isis ignored all that was said and done by Synova. She listened as carefully as she could to where the voice originated from.

"Lithaen...I hear her."

ooc: yeah, super short post =p [sowweyz]