PDA

View Full Version : King Diamond

Gandizzl
03-08-2007, 05:10 AM
King Diamond was formed in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1985. It's the band King Diamond formed after the split of the black metal band Mercyful Fate.
They play heavy/trash metal.
The satanic focus MF had, was now replaced with a focus on horror stories often with religious elements.

All the albums, except for two, are concept albums that tells a horror story.
A couple of the albums has gotten sequels ("Them" and "Conspiracy" are connected and so are "Abigail" and "Abigail II: The Revenge")

The latest studio album was "The Puppet Master" which came in 2003, but a new album, "Give Me Your Soul... Please", is expected sometime in 2007.

The current line up is:
King Diamond - Vocals
Andy LaRocque - Guitar, keyboards
Mike Wead - Guitar
Hal Patino - Bass
Matt Thompson - Drums

My favorite album is "Them" that was realesed in 1988 which tells the story of King, his sister, his mother, a demon possesed house and his mentally ill grandmother, who makes tea from blood, which just has returned home from the asylum.

What I like best about King Diamond is the lyrics and his theatrical voice.
He has such a wide vocal range and he uses it so well.

Favorite songs are:
Welcome Home
The Invisible Guests
Bye, Bye Missy
No Presents For Christmas
Cremation
Sorry Dear
Burn
Omens

More about King Diamond. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Diamond_%28band%29)

Anyone else listen to King Diamond?
What do you think about them?
Fav songs etc etc...

Ryth
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
This is both good and bad time timing, since I just got King Diamond's first four albums (Fatal Portrait, Abigail, "Them", and Conspiracy) and their newest. I just haven't listened to them yet, because I've gotten waaaay too many new albums for my own good. So I'll get back to you.

Masali
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
The welcome home scene is so funny in Clerks 2. That's my only exposure I've had for them.