PDA

View Full Version : Mom pleads guilty to using baby as weapon

Kristen
03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/06/babyas.weapon.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

" ERIE, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A woman pleaded guilty Tuesday to swinging her 4-week-old son like a bat to hit her boyfriend during a fight, fracturing the infant's skull in the process.
Chytoria Graham, 27, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child under a plea agreement with prosecutors.
By pleading guilty, Graham acknowledged that on October 8 she grabbed her son Jarron by his feet and swung him, hitting her boyfriend and seriously injuring the child.
At Graham's preliminary hearing in December, paramedic Betty Schau, who treated the baby, recalled that Graham was crying and disheveled when medical crews arrived. She testified that Graham told her, "I swung him. I swung him like a bat."
The judge ordered a psychological examination for Graham before her sentencing, set for May 8. The charges carry a minimum of five years in prison because the child was under age 12. Two lesser charges were dropped.
Graham's previous attorney had said Graham did not use her child as a weapon, that the boy was hurt during a fight between the two adults and that Graham lied to authorities about how the injury occurred to protect her boyfriend.
Her current attorney, public defender Julia Dudics, however, said Tuesday that the choice to plead guilty was Graham's. Dudics declined further comment except to say that Graham had told her she was depressed.
Jarron, who made a full recovery, and Graham's four other children are currently in the custody of her parents. "

I have no idea what the hell runs through your head when you decide to use your four week old INFANT as a bat. And she has four other children? :| It's absolutely appauling. Again, it must be reiterated that some people should not be able to have children. Thank God her baby is okay.

Acnologia
03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
0_____o"
Some people should just be shot.

Kristen
03-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Not shot, that's far too drastic. :| I feel borderline about her five year sentence. I can't tell whether or not I feel that's enough time or not. I think she needs counseling, more than anything else.

Ωmega
03-06-2007, 02:32 PM
she should have her children taken away from her. Jesus Christ...

bttr
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Micheal jackson all over again.

Kristen
03-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Her parents are taking care of her children. And it's not Michael Jackson. o_O He didn't use children as weapons.

precious_angel
03-06-2007, 02:48 PM
that is just sick- who would do that to an infant

Eris
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Combat overpopulation! Use your infant as a weapon!

Disclaimer: I refuse to parttake in any sort of moral outrage. If that makes me a terrible person, then so be it.

Gjallarhorn
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I just think the lady needs counseling and anger management more than she does jail time, though she could probably use some of that as well. It's bad enough she decided and went through with assaulting her boyfriend, but that she actually used a baby to do so and not, let's say, a lamp. Either one is bad, but seriously, what was she thinking, if anything at all?

Yamanaka_Ino
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
That child may seem fully recovered now, but what about later!? It must have some sort of brain damage or something! The mother needs serious help, if she gets so angry to use her child. Anything else but a child would work, even though it IS bad to even attack someone, as Xero XIII said already.

bttr
03-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Her parents are taking care of her children. And it's not Michael Jackson. o_O He didn't use children as weapons.

All right then.Something like Micheal jackson all over again.Plus she is ugly in that pic.Woo whee.

Fiery
03-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Combat overpopulation! Use your infant as a weapon!

Disclaimer: I refuse to parttake in any sort of moral outrage. If that makes me a terrible person, then so be it.

A modern day Modest Proposal.

Eris
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
A modern day Modest Proposal.

Exactly. And it works on three levels: The kid is bound to die, and with some luck you'll also kill the one you assault with your baby, and then you get the death sentence.

Three flies with one stone... or rather, three people with one baby.

Fiery
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Exactly. And it works on three levels: The kid is bound to die, and with some luck you'll also kill the one you assault with your baby, and then you get the death sentence.

Three flies with one stone... or rather, three people with one baby.

If you're a decent writer, I propose that you actually endeavor to write something. Satire or not.

Eris
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
If you're a decent writer, I propose that you actually endeavor to write something. Satire or not.

I always have a ton of more or less half-finished projects going on. I never get around to finishing any of them though. I think I actually did some writing a while back, but that sort of fizzled out.

Fiery
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I always have a ton of more or less half-finished projects going on. I never get around to finishing any of them though. I think I actually did some writing a while back, but that sort of fizzled out.

Fizzled out due to lack of continuous interest? Or what?

ParaParaJMo
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
This lady doesn't need mental or anger management. It's all about frickin' common sense when it comes to using a baby as an infant is far beyond plain stupid and wrong. She needs jail time and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children.

Eris
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Fizzled out due to lack of continuous interest? Or what?

Something along that line...

Ayumi Momoshi
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
First of all who throws their baby at some one?? what kind of weapon is that? out of all the things you can throw you throw a baby? What happend to knifes or a baseball bat??? Not saying that you should throw these things but.. aren't these a better option???

Jus sayin

Kishiro
03-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Hmm...

Using an infant as a weapon? Original, yet horrible. I agree with Maru, and the woman should have her kids taken away.

I also agree with Xero, in that the woman needs counseling. If she can prove that she is sane, and rehabilitated, then after supervised visits, she should be allowed to have her kids back, after some time.

And then, lastly, she should probably stay away from the loser boyfriends that she gets in to domestic disputes with. Although we're not sure how that started itself-- no relationship that leads to all out serious fighting, and weapon use (especially when they're people) can be a good or healthy one,

Those should pretty much be avoided.

[Boolean]
03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Hmm...

Using an infant as a weapon? Original, yet horrible. I agree with Maru, and the woman should have her kids taken away.

I also agree with Xero, in that the woman needs counseling. If she can prove that she is sane, and rehabilitated, then after supervised visits, she should be allowed to have her kids back, after some time.

And then, lastly, she should probably stay away from the loser boyfriends that she gets in to domestic disputes with. Although we're not sure how that started itself-- no relationship that leads to all out serious fighting, and weapon use (especially when they're people) can be a good or healthy one,

Those should pretty much be avoided.
I agree pretty much entirely with your statement. Poor child... ,o o, I know anger can make people do crazy and terrible things, but if you're going to hit someone with anything, why not use your fists...not that I intend to promote violence. /-__-;; I wonder how they both reacted and felt after realizing what happened...

All right then.Something like Micheal jackson all over again.Plus she is ugly in that pic.Woo whee.
O___o\ I fail to see how any of this relates to Michael Jackson...if you're going to post, you could say something that contributes more...

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM
This is one of those things that need to be shoved in the faces of most pro-lifers. Imagine how much of a non-issue the beating of her boyfriend with a readily available object would be if she didn't have kids.

pyre
03-06-2007, 05:55 PM
O_o

Now that's something you don't see or hear about everyday. Original, kinda cartoonish, but ugly. Does she have any sense? It gives me the idea that her house is furniture-less. Throw knives, throw candles, throw panties, just don't hit people with people!

I agree with MaruDashi. Her children should be put under a relative or something.

What is this world coming to? Mahn...

At least it adds a bit of variety to people. Calling psychologists to study unusual behaviour...