PDA

View Full Version : Elfie's new spring sig

elfenstein
02-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Hiya everyone,

I just decided to swap my old signature for the time being with the one I just made:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/4641045e16b076a4eb.jpg

I wanted to make something bright and cheery. :p It is very simple overall, only very few effects and just one stroke with a custom brush (one of Thornwillow's vector brushes I found here). I have been experimenting with more effects and brushes but I couldn't produce a result I liked. So I left it at that.

What do you think of it? Most welcome are comments along the line of "I (don't) like it, because....", but by all means, I'm happy if you just want to voice your (dis-)approval.

Have fun,
Elfenstein.

AnkoMitarashi
02-24-2007, 11:28 AM
It's very good sig. You did the bright and cheery thing for that sig nicely. But somehow I feel like something is not quite right when I look at it...oh well you still did a great job.Keep it up!^.^

Aura of the Twilight
02-24-2007, 01:40 PM
I like it because it has a pretty good springy escence to, and the font's nice.

I dislike it because for spring it's a little brown. When I think of spring I think of pinks, pureples, and other pastel colors, but that's just me.

Still it's very good.

Over all I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Astalle
02-25-2007, 01:02 AM
That's a nice sig, though I'm getting more of a summer time feel with it, Like Aura stated, Spring seems more Pink and pastel like. Another color scheme I associate with spring would be green. But anyways, It's a very good Sig ^_^

elfenstein
02-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Thanks for all the comments.

And right you are, the yellow / brown color didn't work with spring. So I've changed it to a pink hue. Additionally I made one with a row of grass instead of the borders. :computer:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/4641045e17a2ba4cae.jpg http://www.animeforum.com/image/4641045e17c45e51e1.jpg

I'm not sure which one is better, I've opted for the pink border one for now. The grass one lacks something in overall composition, though I can't put my finger on it yet. What do you think about them?

Have fun,
Elfenstein.

Aura of the Twilight
02-25-2007, 10:22 AM
It looks better now, but.....I can't place my finger on it but something's kind of missing. Bah I'll think of what eventually. It's much more springy now with the pink. Good job with it

Over all I'd give it an 8.8 out of 10.

Beyond The Grave
02-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I say the thing that is missing in the one in the grass(which is my fav) is that there's nothing in the bg so it has like an empty feel to it no? But I like the whole them overrall, it looks really cool. I dislike the color you chose for the font too, it doesn't really put a cheery feel but more of a kinda smooth feel^^ And now I'm ranting again....so let me get back to what I was saying >.< Basically the first thing I said Elf, is what I say all the sig needs now so take the advice or leave it lol:laugh:

The Rebel
03-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Fairly nice. It is nicely done, although I have to agree, something does look off about it. I just can't put my finger on it either. But we all have our own style for sig making.
One with grass? Hmm, for some reason I don't think green would work with the current colors, although a wheat look might. But you have seen my sigs, and know I kinda tend to match color, phrase, and font to the pics I use. But still nice work, hope to see more of your sigs in the near future.

elfenstein
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, you're right. The colors of the charas don't work well together with the whole spring theme, especially the grass one.
But I decided to make a spring sig and as I stumbled about the picture in my archive, I just had to use it.
If I come around to it, I'll probably try to change the charas' clothing to something more springlike (maybe pink or a bright yellow/orange). I might also try to add some flowers and stuff to the grass, in order to bring some variety to it.

Anyway, thanks for the good criticism and comments.

Have fun,
Elfenstein.

Jagan Eye
03-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Your work is very nice! I like how you modified your sig and its interesting to see the changes you made. But for some reason, I just don't feel that the text font really goes with the picture. Its cute though and I like it a lot! Great job! I'd love to see more soon.

elfenstein
03-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone.

First of all, thanks again for all the comments.
Out of curiosity, I whipped up a fast and crudely recolored version of both sig variants. I think on both versions it could shift the overall impression more to "spring" if done for real. Maybe I'll give it a try if I find the time.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/4641045ec5f79c234d.jpghttp://www.animeforum.com/image/4641045ec5f79d4c46.jpg

As for the font, I actually like it and probably gonna keep it. But thanks for the input. :)

Anyway,
have fun,
Elfenstein.

DarkMoonPrince
03-05-2007, 12:29 PM
As for the background,(the pink-ish color) I like the second one better. I approve of your signature, It's creative when people customize them..